• Published 6th Oct 2018
  • 2,068 Views, 8 Comments

Plus One - Jest



With the hippogriff's return an ancient pact of friednship will be renewed. Giving princess Skystar the perfect opportunity to party with the one pony she's missed the most.

  • ...
17
 8
 2,068

A Private Party

“Ooooooh this is just going to be the most splendiferous party ever!” Pinkie Pie announced, whilst tossing another hoof full of glitter onto a potted plant that had apparently not been nearly as sparkly as it was supposed to be.

The pony behind her sighed and slowly tromped after the excitable mare as she bounced around the meeting room adding decorations seemingly at random. “Another balloon here.” Pinkie Pie pulled a balloon out of her mane and tucked it in a corner. “Some more pink in this corner.” She tossed a hoof full of pink sparkles against the wall, drawing another groan from the secretary following her around. “Aaaand a guard doggy to watch the punch!”

The party pony pulled a long blue balloon out of her mane, filled it with air then bent it into the shape of a bulldog complete with a spiky collar. “Perfect!” She leaned closer to the secretary, bumping his shoulder. “Hey, do you think anypony is going to have trouble getting their punch?”

The secretary sighed, running a hoof through his wild orange mane. “No.”

“Really?” Pinkie asked in mock confusion. “Cus I think it's going to be a real bitch.”

“Pinkie Pie, language!” The secretary scolded. “This is the royal castle, the seat of power for Equestria and personal home of the royal sisters and I will not-”

“It's a joke.” Pinkie Pie rolled her eyes and picked up the balloon dog and gestured to the empty space between it’s legs. “See?”

“Uh…” The secretary blinked, looking from the party pony to the balloon animal and back again.

“It doesn't have a winky, it's a girl dog!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

The secretary groaned and placed a hoof against his forehead just beneath his horn. “I swear on the throne if you make another terrible joke like that I am cancelling everything.”

Pinkie pouted, crossing her hooves over her chest. “I guess I shouldn't make any sausage puns then.”

“Wait, what are you.. Oh no you don-”

“Cus there the wurst!” The pink pony toppled over in laughter, clutching her chest with both hooves as her assistant stood silently, trying desperately to have an aneurysm.

“Pinkie Pie…” He growled, stomping up to her.

Pinkie wiped a tear from her eye and hopped back up, hugging the angry pony around the side and pulling him close. “Ahh chin up Paper Trail. It's supposed to be a party!”

“I will have you know that the diplomatic soiree with queen Novo’s daughter is not some sort of lowbrow party.” He pushed his thin rimmed glasses up his brown nose and huffed indignantly. “You will be expected to show the princess of the hippogriffs an entertaining evening while also doing your utmost to show her that Equestria is a steadfast ally in order to ensure the signing of the official friendship declaration goes off without a hitch.”

Pinkie Pie rolled her eyes and blew a raspberry at the uptight stallion. “Chill out, that whole friendship thing is in the bag. Tonight we partay!” The party pony yanked the cord on a conveniently placed party cannon, filling the room with more glitter than Paper Trail had ever seen before in his life.

A single solitary tear rolled down the stallion’s cheek as he looked around to the sheer amount of glitter that clung to nearly every surface, (the food was miraculously exempt) including his immaculately coiffed mane. “Kill me.” He whispered.

Pinkie Pie giggled and patted the dejected stallion on the head. “Later.” she then bounced off to the refreshment table and began stacking the cups in such a way that it made a smiley face.

Paper’s right eye twitched and he looked around the room one final time before sighing in defeat. “Is everything ready at least?”

Pinkie nodded. “Yupper doodle!”

“What about the special kelp sandwiches and seaweed shakes?” He asked.

The earth pony hopped behind the refreshment table and hoisted up a small plate of sandwiches and shakes. “Just enough for the guest of honor and anyone else that's curious!”

Paper nodded and crossed that off his list. “And the-”

“Decorations are done, the preparations have been prepared the punch is punctual, the snacks are satisfactory and most importantly the music is uh…” She tapped her chin. “Musical!”

The unicorn crossed the last few things off the list before turning to the door. “And the guest list?”


“The list has been left with our lenient, and lovable liaison, Larry!” Pinkie opened the front door and gestured to the guard, who simply nodded slowly, before the door slammed shut once more.

“Wait, his name is Larry? What a weird name.” Paper remarked.

“That's rude, most ponies don't get to pick their name ya know.” Pinkie replied, poking a hoof into her assistant’s chest.

“Err yes, well.” He coughed awkwardly. “Who was all on that list anyway?”

“The usual, Twilight, Applejack, me, you, and zaboomafoo oh and-”

“Wait, what was that last one?”

Pinkie shrugged. “You, silly. As I was saying. Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, princess Skystar, and whoever her plus one.” The party pony smiled, though it seemed strangely forced to the secretary turned party assistant.

“Hokay then. That's perfect, I guess. It was supposed to be a small affair with the elements and the princess after all.” He pushed his glasses back up his nose and scrolled down his clipboard. “Do you know who the princesses’ plus one is?”

Pinkie’s smile faltered. “Um, noper dopers. She just asked for a blank invitation.” The party pony’s smile fell away entirely and she stared at the floor. “From me.”

“Err.” Paper scratched the back of his neck, trying to think of some way to change the conversation, thankfully a knock at the door grabbed their attention.

Larry’s head poked in the door. “Miss Pie some of your friends are here to see ya, wanted to talk to ya outside.”

PInkie’s smile leapt back onto her face and she bounced over to the door. “Thank you Larry my dude!”

Instead of waiting for the guard to get out of the way Pinkie Pie merely pronked right over him, landing in front of a pair of surprised faces. “Sup?”

Fluttershy and Applejack glanced at each other, with Fluttershy gesturing for the earth pony to say something. Which Applejack reluctantly did after a hesitant gulp. “Hey Pinkie, how's the uh, party plannin goin?” Applejack asked weakly, earning her a jab in the side from Fluttershy.

“Splendiferous! Everything is all ready to go and I can't wait until you girls and Skystar get here, it's going to be super duper fun!” Pinkie Pie said with a smile.

Fluttershy coughed and elbowed her friend again, gesturing behind them.

“Right, well that's all well and good but me and Flutters were thinkin-”

The party pony bounced forward, her face nearly an inch from the other mares. “That you can't wait to see princess Skystar again? Cus I know that's what I’m thinking! It's been super duper long since we whooped that mean ol storm king.”

“Actually, me and Fluttershy have to go back to the uh… farm! Cus of a infestation of…” Fluttershy elbowed Applejack again and whispered something in her ear. “Acrididae, Locustidae. Wait what?”

Fluttershy stepped forward. “So that means um, that we can't come to your party, tonight. I’m sorry.”

Pinkie Pie shrugged nonchalantly. “No problem! A plague of locusts is never something to scoff at!”

“So your not mad?” Fluttershy asked hesitantly.

“Nope! Just give one of those buggies a swat for auntie Pinkie!” The party pony announced cheerfully, hanging off Fluttershy’s shoulder.

Fluttershy sighed. “I’m a year older then you.”

Applejack wrapped a hoof around Fluttershy’s neck and pulled her back a step. “Well if that's everything, we better hurry back to the farm to fight those acrididdy locustiday things.”

The pegasus sighed, already feeling a headache coming on. “Yeah…”

Pinkie Pie waved enthusiastically as her friends turned and left, quickly disappearing down the hall.

“Ahh, what nice friends.” Pinkie Pie remarked.

The guard raised an eyebrow. “But didn't they just bail on ya?” Larry asked.

Pinkie shrugged. “Yeah, but there will always be another party and they were nice enough to warn me in pony. Twilight is the worst for that, sometimes it will be five minutes before the party, like right now, then boom! Out of nowhere comes this scroll and-”

The party pony’s rant was cut off by the sudden appearance of a scroll materializing in front of her in a billow of green flame. Pinkie Pie groaned, grabbing the paper out of midair, swiftly removed the seal and unfurled the letter.

“Dear Pinkie Pie. I, princess Twilight T Sparkle, princess of friendship and of Equestria are writing to you, Pinkamena Diane Pie with the express objective of cautioning you of a most unfortunate and inescapable occurrence. I assure you that this unfortunate circumstance has been borne of- blah blah blah.” Pinkie Pie scanned down, skimming over the vast majority of Twilight’s letter. “Talk about syntactic pleonasm am I right Larry?”

Larry nodded knowingly. “Of course.”

“Blah blah blah, we hope you are understand and are able to forgive Twilight T Sparkle, I wonder what the T stands for, for the inconvenience of no longer being able to attend the festivities. Signed, Twilight T Sparkle.” Pinkie blinked, her brain slowly digging through the dense vernacular. “Wait a second. She ditched me too!”

The party pony whipped the scroll over the back of her head, not even looking as it sailed across the room and landed perfectly in a trashcan. “What the hay Larry, is everypony cancelling on me or someth-”

She was interrupted by the sudden appearance of a second, thankfully much smaller scroll. Tearing it open Pinkie Pie looked down at the six simple words. “Oh and Rarity can't come either.”

Pinkie Pie yelled incoherently, ripping up the sheet of paper and tossing into the air like confetti, only much less fun then the confetti she usually made.

Pinkie Pie spun around and draped herself over the back of the nearby guard, swooning dramaticly. “What is this world coming to that no one has time for a party?”

“I don't know miss Pie, you'd have to be a crazy pony to miss one of your parties.” Lary muttered evenly, not even flinching when Pinkie Pie suddenly jumped up and onto his back, gasping loudly.

“That's it! Maybe they all got bit by some sort of crazy bug and we are the only sane ones left!” Pinkie leapt off the guard’s back and pulled out his sword, raising it to the heavens. “I sure hope we aren't in a crossover with the walking dead, I don't want to fight zombies.”

Lary simply grabbed the sword out of the pink pony’s hoof and put it back in it's sheethe. “Now Pinkie, let's think about this. I’m sure it was all just a coincidence. Don't you have one last friend still coming?”

“Oh yeah! Rainbow Dash never misses a party!” The party pony’s ear suddenly flopped, her hooves started shaking, culminating in the mare’s mane suddenly going straight. “Speaking of which…”

She ran over to a nearby window and threw it open just in time for a prismatic blur to fly through and land with a screech. “Hi Rainbow Dash!”

The teal pony seemed a little rougher than usual and glanced around nervously. “She didn't follow me did she?”

“Who?” Pinkie asked.

The pegasus glanced up at the window and breathed a little easier. “Err nothing.” Rainbow Dash ran a hoof through her mane which was even more disheveled than usual, which was saying something as Pinkie wasn't sure Rainbow Dash even owned a hairbrush.

Larry raised an eyebrow at the sight of the mare’s frayed mane and tail and overall completely unkempt appearance but chose to say nothing.

Pinkie Pie on the other hoof, didn't notice and had slipped beside the pegasus, wrapping a hoof around her shoulder and ushering her towards the door. “I’m so glad your here Rainbow Dash, everypony else couldn't come but I knew you would! You always come to my parties!”

“Err about that.” the hoof around her waist suddenly tightened. “I was thinking that-” The hoof tightened once more and the pegasus could see the earth pony’s eye start to twitch. “Ease up on the hug there Pinks.”

“Right, hug. HAHAHA.” She laughed a little too loudly, giving Rainbow one last squeeze before pulling her hoof away.

The pegasus winced and ran a hoof over her back. “Anyway, I kind of forgot that I promised to show up at Scootaloo’s graduation party and I-”

“Scootaloo’s graduation party isn't until next month though.” Pinkie Pie pointed out, glaring at the pegasus.

“Err not her graduation party, her uh… piano recital?” Rainbow offered meekly.

Pinkie Pie’s already hard glare hardened even more, causing the pegasus to wince and slowly edge toward the window. “Scotalloo doesn't play piano.”

“Uh, guitar?” Rainbow asked, stepping a little closer.

Pinkie Pie glared a little harder, stepping perfectly in time with the other mare. “Nope.”

Another step. “Flute?”

“Nope.”

Another step. “No wait, how silly of me, it was a xylophone recital!” She slapped a hoof to her head and laughed.

Pinkie’s gaze hardened, her eyes narrowing as she stared into the panicking’s mare’s face with an intensity that bordered on disturbing, saying nothing.

“So I’m just going to-later!” She spun on her heel and launched herself towards the window only to get caught like a fly on a roll of sticky pink paper. The pink mare had all four limbs splayed, using her body to cover the window completely. “What the hay Pinkie, I have to go see Scootaloo’s guitar graduation.”

“Zylaphone recital.”

“Whatever.”

The rainbow maned pony tried to duck between one of Pinkie’s legs only to run into the mare’s stomach. “Friends don't ditch friends for fake reasons!” The pink pony yelled.

“Well friends also don't force friends to go to parties… gah!” She tried to duck under the mare’s hooves again only to get blocked once more, this time, the party pony had somehow managed to turn upside down in the window sill, her eyes looking directly into Rainbow Dash’s soul.

Or at least, that's what it felt like anyway.

“Just tell me the real reason, please. Then I promise to let you go.”

Rainbow Dash wilted. “Come on Pinks, I…” Pinkie’s eyes began to water, huge crocodile tears gathering at the edges of her eyes. “Don't do this to me man.” She tried to turn away, only to hear the distinct sound of Pinkie Pie sniffing, trying to hold back the veritable flood of tears threatening to roll down her face.

The pegasus looked around, desperate to find anything to distract Pinkie Pie with. Just as she was about to give up a tall winged being appeared around the corner. “Hey look, it's Skystar!”

Pinkie’s eyes lit up. “Where?” She looked around, trying to find the aforementioned hippogriff and inadvertently allowing Rainbow Dash just enough time to slip through the gap she left, and zoom off into the night. “I’ll get you Rainbow Dash!” She yelled at the retreating shape of the pegasus.

“Hey Pinkie Pie!” A perky voice yelled from below.

“Bwah.” The party pony yelled, toppling backwards, falling from the window sill, rolling across the ground and finally slamming into the opposite wall with enough force to make her eyeballs roll around in their sockets.

“Are you alright?” Asked an upside down Skystar.

“Just peachy.” PInkie Pie groused.

“Here let me help.” Skystar extended a clawed hand, which Pinkie Pie reluctantly took, hoisting the pink mare back to her hooves.

The party pony gave her head a shake, her eyeballs rolling back into their normally front facing position. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” Skystar said back, a small blush on her face.

“Wait a second.” Pinkie’s eyes narrowed, staring keenly at the vaguely awkward and sort of nervousness hippogriff standing across from her. “Don't tell me your going to ditch me as well?”

“What? Why would you think that?” The hippogriff asked nervously, tucking one hand behind her back, concealing something.

“You are, aren't you!” Pinkie asked pointedly, getting within an inch of the other mare’s face.

“Err..” She gulped. “No?”

Pinkie shrunk. “It doesn't matter, everyone else can't come either…” She turned back to the ballroom, her hair growing straighter by the step. “The party’s canceled.”

“No wait, Pinkie! I actually did want to go to your party I just had something I wanted to give you first.” Skystar smiled nervously, holding something close to her chest.

“Like whaaat?” Pinkie Pie asked suspiciously, her eyes narrowing.

“Well you know how I said I wanted to bring a date tonight right?” Pinkie Pie nodded weakly. “I was kinda maybe hoping that it would…” She squirmed awkwardly, her wings flapping nervously as she tried to think of what to say.

The party pony’s gaze was drawn to the other being’s chest, where she saw the distinct grey and pink design she used for her plus one invitations as well as a black box. The box, Pinkie Pie knew contained chocolate, she hadn't eaten over four hundred boxes of chocolate in the last week to not know that. What was more interesting was the invitation, it looked like one of hers only this one seemed altered, with something written over it. “I’m not very good at this whole word thing.” Skystar muttered, before sticking out her hand and holding out the invitation and box. “So here.”

Pinkie Pie looked from Skystar’s furiously blushing face then back down to her hand and the invitation itself. She grabbed the box of chocolates and tucked it away into her mane, saving it for later and not even realizing the significance of which. That was until she reluctantly plucked the invitation from Skystar’s hand and turned it over, the frown on her face slowly vanishing as she read.
(underlined is crossed out)
To whom it may concern Pinkie Pie.

You are cordially invited to attend the royal welcome party of princess Skystar as her official plus one. Please present this invite at the entrance to ballroom three in the east wing of Canterlot castle at 7 A.M sharp.

I hope to see you there!

Then there was a small message scribbled underneath Pinkie’s writing that started off a normal size only to slowly shrink until it was unrecognizable.

P.S Please don't be mad at your friends, I just really wanted to spend time with you alone but I wasn't sure how to do it and I didn't know where to get chocolates in Canterlot and I thought-

It was at about that point that the font became too small to read, which was for the best as Pinkie Pie was no longer reading it. Somewhere along the way a tear had come to her eye and when the party pony looked up she noticed Skystar looking down at her nervously.

“So, what do you say?” She whispered.

Pinkie Pie leapt into the air without hesitation, screaming her answer for all the world to hear. “Yes!”

Skystar’s eyes went wide and she deftly managed to catch Pinkie in her clawed hands. “Really? You mean it? I know it was like foreeever ago but I couldn't stop thinking about all the fun we had at that party together after we beat up that no good jerkface.”

Pinkie Pie wrapped her hooves around the hippogriff’s neck and squeezed tightly, burying her face in the other mare’s neck. “Me too! I couldn't wait to see you again!” She gasped suddenly, looking down to the invitation. “Does that mean that you…?”

Skystar blushed and nodded. “I like, like you.”

The party pony’s eyes grew to comical levels, her mouth hanging open in gasp. “YIPPEE!” She leapt into the air, confetti exploding out of nowhere and covering everyone including Lary in the multicolored paper.

Skystar giggled, catching the falling party pony and pulling her into another hug that the earth pony eagerly reciprocated. Together they giggled away their worries and their fears, until they heard something that distracted them.

“Daww.” Somepony whispered from down the hall.

“Shut up Rarity, your going to give us away.” Somepony else whispered back.

Skystar and PInkie shared a look and a giggle, glancing down the hall to where five heads poked out from around the corner like some sort of bizarre totem pole. Pinkie Pie waved. “Hey girls!”

“I told you we should have just waited until tomorrow and asked how it went but noo.” Applejack groused.

Twilight rolled her eyes and levitated her friends off her back. “Sorry about that Pinkie, we were just worried about how you would react and we didn't really think this out very well…”

PInkie Pie chuckled and gave her date a squeeze. “Not really, but I appreciate it anyway!”

Rarity sighed, wiping a bead of sweat from her forehead. “You are too kind darling. I was beginning to worry you were mad at us.”

“Nah.” Pinkie Pie chuckled, bumping her hip against her date. “It was worth it.”

Skystar blushed and bumped back, flashing the party pony a wide smile. “Very worth it.”

“We are just gonna go then, right girls?” Fluttershy asked expectantly.

The ponies all nodded, save for Rainbow Dash who stared longingly at the ballroom door. “But Pinkie Pie broke out the good cider...” She lamented.

Twilight rolled her eyes and began dragging the despondent pony off by her tail. “Come on Rainbow, I’m pretty sure I got some cider left in my tower.”

With that, the five ponies disappeared around the corner, leaving the princess and her date alone.

“Soo… wanna get this party started?” Skystar asked hesitantly.

“Wait just one second.” Pinkie Pie vanished in a cloud of pink, reappearing a second later with a confused Paper Trail, whom she unceremoniously dumped in front of the guard. “Lary, mister Paper Trail is no longer invited. Capiche?”

“Wait, what?” The now fired party planning assistant muttered in confusion.

The guard simply nodded. “You got it miss Pie.”

“Good.” Pinkie Pie nodded, throwing open the door and extending a hoof. “Shall we?”

The hippogriff giggled and took the smaller being’s offered hoof in her claw. “We shall.”

Author's Note:

Want to see stories like this before anyone else and get access to secret patron only stories, early releases for patreon supporters aaand other goodies? Drop just three bucks on my patreon and join the early release club!

Join me over on patreon and get instant access to exclusive content and early looks at new stories, patreon only stories and other great stuff! Check it out!
Or just join the discord to ensure that you dont miss an update.
This update was made possible by the wonderful support of:
Apollyon6024
BooperDooper
DioKyo!
Facinus
Iamunknown
LuckyfanIsaac
M
Michael
Random Reader
Starless
T Sparkle

Comments ( 8 )

Amusing, very cute.

You have spelling errors in your story summary:

  • “freidnship” should be “friendship”
  • “pony shes missed” should be “pony she’s missed”

If you didn’t even spend the time to read your summary after you wrote it, it doesn’t bode well for the quality of the story itself.

9214738
Or, fimfiction was having problems and I had to resubmit the story thirteen times (resetting and eventually copy-pasting) the same description over and over until I got annoyed and stopped paying attention.

I LOVE THE MAN'S BIG HARD ---- IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN:heart::heart:heart:

“Cus there the wurst!”.

Should be they're.

“So your not mad?” Fluttershy asked hesitantly.

Should be you're.

"I’m so glad your here

Should be you're.

“Zylaphone recital.”

Xylophone?

“Don't tell me your going to ditch me as well?”

You're.

I did thoroughly enjoy the story, a cute but off fluff. Also, Zaboomafoo!!!

I do so love a cute little romance story. Nicely done. Like the mature rated joke too.

“That's it! Maybe they all got bit by some sort of crazy bug and we are the only sane ones left!”

Lol, I somehow found this helluva ironic since it's Pinks that said this :rainbowlaugh:

Pinkie pouted, crossing her hooves over her chest. “I guess I shouldn't make any sausage puns then.”

“Wait, what are you.. Oh no you don-”

“Cus there the wurst!” The pink pony toppled over in laughter, clutching her chest with both hooves as her assistant stood silently, trying desperately to have an aneurysm.

Wasn't expecting this joke and I loved it all the same :pinkiehappy::yay:

Larry raised an eyebrow at the sight of the mare’s frayed mane and tail and overall completely unkempt appearance but chose to say nothing.

What the hell was Dashie doin' before she showed to bail on Pinks :rainbowhuh:?

Anyways, loved this story a hella lot. Glad I decided to explore and come across this gem of urs :twilightsmile:

I was not expecting the Meet the Medic reference in there but damn am I glad you tossed in! XD

Login or register to comment