• Published 8th Oct 2018
  • 589 Views, 0 Comments

A Reply to Melody - ponybird21



Sometimes all you need is someone to care. Melody didn't think anyone would care, but a letter did care... Unfortunately the letter sender also needed help.

  • ...
2
 0
 589

HELlo Penpal!

Dear Melody Breeze,

Hello there, first of all, what a lovely name! I love it, absolutely, one hundred percent love your name! It's a lot prettier then mine It's so, well, melodious, rolls off the tongue! Sorry, that was a terrible pun, but I hope you do not mind!

A-anyway! Apparently I'm your Penpal and I'm super excited about that! See, I have ponies I talk to but I don't think they like me I prefer talking through writing, a little silly am I right? I just like having time to think about what I'm going to say rather than spur of the moment, if that makes sense? Anyway, I have never done this before, this Penpal service, I hope I do not mess it up! I mess up a lot of things...

Well, enough of that! I'm Scribble Pen, and I'm a bat pony, I live in Manehattan it's very dangerous it's very exciting, not elegant like Canterlot though. I'm a bit strange unique in how I look, cause I have more colors then most batponies and I act weirder different from them, like I am awake in the day and sleep at night! Haha!

You paint? That is so amazing, I would love to see your art some day. I'm sure it is very beautiful, a lot more then anything I could hope to make haha. See, I wish I could draw but I write instead, I'm actually a journalist. For the Equestrian Daily, of all newspaper companies! I mainly write for crime and murder reports they ruin a good night's sleep, I guess Princess Luna is really busy and it pays well if I make it extremely thrilling. I don't always like it but hey, the more my boss likes it, the more bits I get paid so.... It's worth it. I hope anyway...

However I am a little... Worried about your newest painting you told me about. The stars and the tree and... You? Like, don't get me wrong, it sounds so deep and meaningful, a subtle, quiet beauty... But it also sounds what I want to do everyday lately... very dark lonely. Are you lonely? I am. See, being a journalist means I don't get to make many friends, I'm always busy. I don't stay at home very often, I have to constantly travel. That's why I missed your letter and I'm so sorry about that, I will try to respond sooner, alright?

Anyway, enough about me. What about you? Do you have friends? I have friends I go to the club with I think they hate me but they are busy a lot, so I prefer being by myself. But that's why I signed up for a Penpal! To make more friends! I would love to be your best... And it seems only friend! You seem really pleasant!

I tried your recipe, it was actually really tasty! You should think about being a cook or something! You have talent, at least, if you have similar recipes. Anyway, just know I absolutely loved it!

Please Help I don't know what's wrong with me I want to die but I also am scared to death of pain. Whenever I cut myself it hurts really bad and then I have to hide myself with sweaters until it heals but no one seems to notice my tears and cuts, am I that good at hiding myself? I want to help you because you sound a lot like me but how can I help you if I can't help myself?

So I'm sorry I didn't get back to you earlier I was trying not to get that knife in the kitchen really busy with my stories, maybe I'll send you a couple. The nice ones I mean. My earlier ones. The happy ones, as you might call them. They were about nice things, like the quiet mornings at the new park or a balloon festival. They don't pay as well as my crime stories, but I like them. I hope you will like them too.

You know... I... Wasn't lying when I said you sound very lonely. It's not good to be alone I would know so... So. Um... What I'm trying to say is... Well I am do to go to Canterlot soon for a report on a riot that has been happening, but while I'm there... Maybe I can come and visit you? Get to know you face to face?

no that's stupid you would just hate me like everyone else. Not to mention it's creepy.... I mean you don't know me, Tartarus I don't even know myself half the time. Sometimes it seems all I ever am is a mess, a name to a sensational story.... When was the last time I didn't pass out in front of a typewriter?

Well let me know! If so we can have tea and cakes, I can see your art! I bet I would love it! You sound so... So talented and... And amazing. You ARE an amazing pony, Melody. I mean, you see the world with such thoughtful eyes, it is amazing... In fact... it's beautiful. You are the first pony that thinks like me, anyway.

Well, I'm running out of paper haha. I have not been shopping recently, see, so I need to get more. it probably doesn't help I keep ripping the pages of my stories when I feel like I'm going insane. Well! I should probably wrap this up, after all. No one likes a rambler, right? And I would have to annoy you with my rambling, it's just something I do. Haha oh well, hopefully I am not annoying you.

Anyway, well.... Melody, stay strong. I know life seems lonely right now but hey, now you have someone who cares for you. And I hope you care for me... You would be the first one. Let me know how your life is, like, your letters will really, REALLY make my day so much better!

Sincerely your Penpal,
Scribble Pen.

P.S. Haha I know what you mean with all those scratched out parts, maybe I should stop writing in pen when making letters. What do you think, should I switch to pencil? It could mean I won't have anymore scratches!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment