• Published 4th Oct 2018
  • 12,438 Views, 273 Comments

Equestria Ninjas: Friendship School - Wildcard25



The New York Ninjas are back in Equestria to teach young creatures the importance of being a ninja, while dealing with the return of old enemies and new ones.

  • ...
12
 273
 12,438

Meet the Students

Twilight, the girls, and Spike led their ninja friends from the human world across from the castle to the school. The group looked up in awe at the building, "A whole institution dedicated to learning about the importance of Friendship." Fugitoid marveled.

"Sounds like someplace the Kraang and Triceratons should've attended together, or Shredder and his goons for that matter," Mikey said, before speaking to Bebop and Rocksteady who grunted at his words, "Minus you guys of course." the two felt much better hearing that.

"I recon Shredder or any of his followers would've been expelled their first day." Donnie noted.

"Speaking as someone who has known Shredder for years, I can confirm that." Rocksteady replied.

They entered the school with the ninja group looking around, "Wow, nice set up." Casey admitted.

"Looks even better than our school." April added.

Bebop took notice of the six pony head busts on separate pedestals, "Hey, who're these guys?"

Fugitoid spoke up, "Those guys happen to be the Pillars of Equestria."

"Pillars?" Keno asked.

Twilight explained, "They're the six legendary ponies from long ago who disappeared without a trace."

"Until we found them and freed them from their place of banishment." Rainbow boasted.

"And had to convince one of them that banishment on ones enemies isn't always the answer." Karai put in.

Leo nodded, "There's Starswirl the Bearded, Rockhoof, Mistmane, Flash Magnus, Mage Meadowbrook, and Somnambula."

"I kinda wish I was actually there to have met them myself." Sunset said feeling envious.

"Actually, you might get a chance to." Twilight assured her.

As the group was talking, the young six students composed of Sandbar, Gallus, Smolder, Yona, Ocellus, and Silverstream were coming around a corner, until Sandbar looked ahead and stopped, "Guys, look!" he motioned ahead.

"So what, it's our teachers." Gallus said dryly.

"I know, but look who's with them." the pony replied.

Yona looked at the ninjas, "Ponies that stand on hind legs?"

"Not just any pony, Yona. They're the ninjas."

"The what now?" Smolder asked Sandbar.

Ocellus and Silverstream gasped, "Of course!"

"What?" Gallus asked.

"Those ponies are the ones who helped Princess Twilight and her friends defeat the Storm King and liberated us from having to hide!" Silverstream cheered.

"I read about them all in the history book Headmare Twilight assigned us." Ocellus added.

"Come on, let's go meet them!" Sandbar suggested as they walked over.

The ponies looked and saw the group, "What perfect timing. Guys, we'd like to meet six of our students." Twilight began.

Sandbar went up to them, "Nice to meet you all. I'm Sandbar. I actually saw you guys fight Dusk Ninjas, Chrysalis, and what few followers she had left a few times in Ponyville. Of course I was in the crowd so you wouldn't have seen me."

"Nice to meet another fan." Mikey greeted him.

Leo noticed the other five, "So I take it these are the five other creatures you allowed to attend the school against Neighsay's warning?"

"Correct." Twilight nodded.

Rainbow went to Gallus, "Representing the griffons of Griffonstone, we have Gallus."

"Hey." Gallus waved while sounding apathetic.

"Ain't he a ray of sunshine?" Raph whispered to Sunset who giggled.

Pinkie bounced to Yona, "Representing the yaks of Yakyakistan we have Yona."

"Yona so excited to meet new friends." Yona ran around in excitement, before tripping on her braids and rolled across the floor, before Rocksteady stopped her.

"Spirited little yak, ain't she?" Rocksteady asked Bebop.

Spike went to Smolder, "Representing the dragons from the Dragon Lands is Smolder."

"Hey there." she greeted.

"Representing the changelings of their kingdom is Ocellus here." Fluttershy introduced them to the shy changeling.

"Hi. It's so nice to meet you all. I read everything about you." she explained all giddy.

Rarity spoke while standing next to Silverstream, "And representing both the hippogriffs and seaponies from Hippogriffia and Seaquestria is Silverstream."

Silverstream cheered, as she flew around the group, "I'm so excited to see you all! My cousin Skystar's told me how she helped you all save Equestria."

"Wait, Skystar as in Princess Skystar?" Karai asked.

"You're cousins?" Shini asked.

"Yeah."

"Which means Queen Novo is..." Donnie trailed off, until Silverstream finished for him.

"My aunt? That's right."

"So you gonna tell us about these guys now?" Gallus asked the ponies.

Twilight pondered before turning to Ocellus, "Ocellus, you said you read up on allies of Equestria?"

"I sure did."

"Then put your knowledge to the test."

Ocellus nodded, and flew around the group while explaining to her friends, "These guys come from another world populated by what Princess Twilight discovered are called humans. There she befriended four non humans trained in the art of ninjitsu, a offensive and defensive style of combat known to ninja. These four brothers were once normal turtles until they came into contact with an unstable substance called mutagen which turned them into what are known as mutants. Giving them the appearance of human and turtle. Trained in the art of ninjitsu by their master/father figure Splinter these four became the protectors of their home of New York city. There's Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo."

The four brothers bowed their heads to the students who didn't know how to respond to the gesture. Ocellus continued to explain, as she flew around the others, "These are some of their many allies who help them protect their city. This is April O'Neil, the turtles first human allie trained to be a kunoichi just like they were trained to be ninja. Casey Jones, New York's number one vigilante always looking to keep the streets clean of any crime."

Casey smirked and nudged Keno, "Hear that? Twilight wrote me as New York's number one vigilante."

"She'll have to revise it now that she's met me." Keno replied, as the two scowled.

Ocellus stood by Karai's side, "This is Karai, Master Splinter's daughter who was taken from him by his rival Oroku Saki aka The Shredder when she was just an infant and raised to believe Splinter and all those associated with him was her enemies."

Karai nodded, "Not bad, kid. But when I learned the truth about my past I switched sides to be with my real family."

The students listened well, while feeling impressed with all they were told, as Ocellus continued, "Shinigami or Shini was old friend of Karai's from Japan. After Karai broke ties to Shredder's clan. She set out to rebuild it and make it honorable again. She called upon Shini to help her in her cause and became an allie to the ninjas."

"All true." Shini admitted.

Smolder noticed the professor, "Is that pony made of metal?"

"Very observant of you, Smolder." Fugitoid answered.

Ocellus continued, "This is Professor Zayton Honeycutt, or Fugitoid. According to Headmare Twilight's history her friends from the other world's planet was destroyed by an invading alien species called Triceratons who wiped out their planet to destroy their long time enemies the Kraang. The turtles, April, Casey, and Headmare Twilight's friends escaped the destruction with the help of the Professor here and traveled to the past to stop the Triceratons from destroying their world."

"Time travel is real?" Yona asked.

"Very much." Fugitoid admitted.

"So were you born this way?" Smolder asked Fugitoid.

"I'm afraid not. I was once a humanoid from a planet of geniuses. The Triceratons came to me and demanded I built them weapons, when I refused they attacked and destroyed everything leaving my body in critical condition. My robot assistant took my very brain and implanted it into himself thus giving me a new life." he opened the top of his head, as his brain hovered out for all to see.

"Whoa." Sandbar gasped as he got closer.

Gallus looked at it, "An actual brain up close."

Ocellus continued as she introduced Sunset Shimmer, "And this is Sunset Shimmer, a pony from Equestria who fled to the other world years ago. At first she started off as a not so nice pony but thanks to Headmare Twilight and her friends became a good friend."

"Wow, Twilight, you didn't skimp on any details did you?" Sunset asked, as Twilight rubbed the back of her head.

Ocellus turned to Bebop and Rocksteady, "These two are Bebop and Rocksteady; former enemies before becoming allies. They were once employed by the Shredder and turned into mutants, until they realized how much they loved the earth and decided to fight to protect it rather than let it get destroyed."

"Da. Now we is the superheroes." Rocksteady declared.

"Put that in your books." Bebop added.

Ocellus noticed Keno, before speaking while feeling ashamed, "I'm ashamed to admit I haven't heard much about you though." Keno face faulted.

Sunset spoke up, "It's all right, Ocellus. This is Keno. Another friend from New York who studies martial arts, but also likes to dress up and protect the city as a vigilante known as the Night Watcher."

"Night Watcher?" Sandbar asked.

"That's right." Keno confirmed.

"So what brings you back to Equestria?" Sandbar asked the ninjas.

"We felt like visiting old friends and see what was going on here." Leo answered.

"And after seeing this school, we've truly missed out on a lot." Mikey noticed.

Yona noticed the cooler Mikey had previously set on the floor moved a bit. Curiously she went to it and peeked inside, "Aahh!" she cried before slamming it shut and backed away, much to everyone's confusion.

"Yona, are you ok?" Ocellus asked in concern.

"What's wrong?" Smolder asked.

Yona pointed to the cooler, "Yak see something in box, something that look like... cat!" the students were confused, as Mikey spoke up.

"Oh no worries, yak girl. I know exactly what it is," he brought the cooler over to the three, "Gather 'round students, sensei Mikey's gonna show you something cool. Literally. Say hello to... Ice Cream Kitty!" he opened the cooler, as said mutant popped out.

"Meow."

"Is that a cat made out of ice cream?" Sandbar asked.

"Nope. She's mutant cat made out of ice cream." Mikey corrected him.

Ocellus flew to the mutant pet, "Well, I think she's kind of cute." she stroked the mutant pet's chin, as Ice Cream Kitty licked the changeling's face making her giggle.

Silver Stream noticed Chompy in Raph's hands and gasped, "Oh my gosh! Look at that, it's so adorable!" Chompy belched up fire that almost hit her, "Aaahhh!" she backed away.

"Whoa!" Smolder gasped.

"What is that thing?! Another mutant?" Gallus asked in confusion.

"Not exactly. This is Chompy Picasso. And he's an alien turtle." Raph explained.

Smolder whispered to Gallus and Sandbar, "Their world sounds weird."

Twilight could only chuckle, "I felt the same way when I first went to their world, and discovered the existence of mutants and aliens."

"Same here." Sunset added.

"And me." Starlight put in.

"But no matter how different our worlds can be they all share many similarities too." Leo added.

"Such as?" Gallus asked.

"Well, pizza for one thing." Mikey smiled.

April spoke up, "Aside from that, we also have sky, sea, clouds, mountains, the sun, the moon, stars, grass, trees, flowers, animals, and even volcanoes."

Smolder's head perked, "Your world has volcanoes too?"

"And the sea?"

"You bet." Casey confirmed.

"Guess our worlds aren't that different." Gallus said.

"Trust me, it isn't." Sunset replied.

"Think you can show us some of your ninja moves?" Sandbar asked hopefully.

"Yak would like to see." Yona said sounding excited.

"So would I." Ocellus put in.

The group looked at each other and shared a smile, "Well, ok. But we best do it outside. Don't wanna break anything." Leo said.

"Trust us, Mikey excels at that." Raph noted, as Mikey growled at his brother.


They all went outside the school, as the students and ponies were off to the side, as the brothers got into positions and performing some ninja moves and spars against each other leaving the students in awe. April, Karai, and Shini had a three way spar showing off their own techniques, such as April psychic powers, Shini's illusions and magic, and Karai's snake moves. Casey and Keno fought each other to prove who was the top fighting vigilante. Fugitoid converted into Anthro mode and using his downloaded combat moves supplied by Human Twilight's encoding was fighting just like a ninja. Bebop was jumping around cheering while showing off his own combat moves, while using his suits invisibility cloak to disappear before the students leaving them surprised. Rocksteady was proving his strength by breaking down nearby boulders, making Yona look at him with admiration.

"Look at them go." Smolder gasped.

"My mind is blown!" Silverstream cheered.

"Yona think Rocksteady is awesome!" Yona cheered on.

"That Raph sure is aggressive. I kinda like that." Gallus smirked.

"April, Karai, and Shini are so brave. I wish I was more like them." Ocellus said in admiration.

"And check out Casey and Keno. They definitely got moves." Sandbar finished.

The group ceased their sparing and Leo spoke to the students, "So what did you all think?"

Before the six students could voice their own individual opinions, one voice spoke up, "I thought you were all amazing," they all looked over and saw flying over was a small pegasus filly with curly hair and big bright eyes, "Sorry if I was intruding, but I saw you all gather together and I just had to see it for myself. You're all the ninjas from the human world, right?"

"Yeah. And you are?" Leo asked.

"Oh, forgive my manners. I'm Cozy Glow, and it's very nice to meet you all."

"Well, aren't you sweet." Shini smiled, as Mikey looked skeptical.

"Do you attend the School of Friendship too?" Fugitoid inquired.

"That's right. Just like my classmates here." she flew over to the group and held Silverstream and Gallus close.

"You're lucky to be learning under such smart and wise ponies." Leo said, while motioning to Twilight and the girls who smiled.

"Oh, I know. Oh, sorry, but I have to get going. I got some work to do. It was lovely to meet all of you." Cozy said, as she flew off.

"Sweet kid." Bebop said.

"Yeah... Sweet." Mikey said suspiciously.

"Michelangelo, you sound skeptical. Care to share your thoughts?" Fugitoid asked.

"Something about Cozy Glow's rubbing me wrong." Mikey answered.

"Mikey, she's just a kid." April reminded him.

"She's also cute." Mikey noted still looking suspicious.

"And what's wrong with that?" Keno asked.

"She's cuter than me. And that ain't normal." Mikey answered, only for Raph to smack him in the back of his head.

"Nothing is normal when it concerns you!"

Gallus spoke, "I thought you guys rocked there. I wish I could fight like you."

"Me too." Smolder added.

"So do I!" Silverstream beamed.

"Well, being a ninja isn't just about fighting." Donnie answered.

"It's about protecting those close to you and defend what you believe in." Leo added.

"That's right," Twilight confirmed, until an idea started forming in her head, "Yeah! That's it!"

"What's it?" Raph asked.

"Twilight's got that look in her eye." Pinkie noticed.

"Oh, boy." Rainbow and Applejack rolled their eyes.

"I have a new idea for the school," Twilight began, "How would you guys like to be senseis at the school during your stay here?"

"Senseis at the school?" Donnie asked.

"Yeah. I'll add a new course to the school. Ninja training and studies. Teach them about the training of body and mind and to defend themselves. Just like you guys and Splinter taught us." She motioned to Sunset.

"But would training them in that art kinda be what Neighsay warned you against?" Keno noted.

"Not necessarily, since we'd be training them self defense and ways of finding peace with oneself." Leo replied.

"So if I were to add that course, would you all be willing to teach?" Twilight asked hopefully.

The ninjas looked at Twilight and then the students, before Leo answered, "Sure. We can pass on Master Splinter's teachings to new students so they can carry on the true meaning of being a ninja."

"Yeah!" the students cheered.

"So we're all gonna be teachers now?" Mikey asked excitedly, before announcing, "Booyakasha!"

Some of the students were confused, "What did he say?" Gallus asked.

"Booyakasha, it's their battle cry or what they say when they're excited." Sandbar answered.

"There's also Cowabunga and Goongala," Ocellus added, making the students look at her, "Chapter 55: Battle Cries and Catchphrases." she grinned sheepishly.