• Published 4th Oct 2018
  • 469 Views, 3 Comments

Fort Book, and the Dragon Hoard - Ponyess



One bookworm and egghead, taking refuge in the construction of Fort Book, to hide away from the teasing of others. What comes next, is the effect of a coincidental summoning of the inventor of the fort. The worth of a Dragon’s hoard.

  • ...
 3
 469

Taken for a Ride: 7

Author's Note:

Girl's POV

--- --- ---

Previous Chapter: Scouting a Level

.

”“I could?” I inquire, as I am looking up.

“Yes, but of course you can..” she merely responds, with a generous snicker to her voice.

“Since you are offering, I guess I can accept!” I respond; as I am stepping up behind her, placing the palms of my hands firmly just in front of her tail and jump up onto her.

As I focus on holding on, I feel my hands sticking to the purple fur covering her back; before I slip up onto her back, soon finding myself sitting comfortably behind her neck.

“This brings back fond memories, from when Spike was small enough to sit on my back exactly where you’re sitting right now..” she puts forth, reminiscing.

I hope I am not intruding, on her memories now..” I ponder; “It’s surprisingly comfortable, to sit on your back in this fashion..” I put forth.

“Thank you!” she merely responds, snickering as she remembers Spike sitting just like this.

While my hands stick to the fur covering her back, effortlessly; I am by no means stuck on her back, if and when I choose to jump off of her. I just choose, to stay on her back at the moment. Well, why not; when it is comfortable, and she had after all invited me to try it.

It isn’t, as if my hands are sticky in the traditional sense; it is more like magic, acting as magnetic attraction. It is a weird sensation and experience, at first; but comforting me, more than I had been prepared to acknowledge or accept. Only now, it had become an integral part of who I am. This explains, how we had manage to move so freely and unhindered; as I was following her, down the path taking us here.

If this is Equestria, her Equestria; but it is a place, brimming with the Magic she is used to. The magic she had been born to. Now, I had found myself adjusted and adapting to it and its workings.

I find it surprisingly comfortable on her back, my rump resting lightly on the lean muscles of her lower back; my hands resting before me, as I have crossed my legs to acquire the most comfortable position.

Well, why shouldn’t I find it comfortable?” I ponder, giggling at myself.

Just as on the other side, the door is in the middle of the room; facing the door out of the room, it had been placed in. Of course, it is the only logical choice. Isn’t it?

It is almost, and just almost; as if it had been the same room, I had just left. Only now, it is the Equestrian version of this room; in place of the version on Earth, I had just left. Is it obvious? Yet, this room is essentially identical to the one room I had just left. But, why shouldn’t it be?

While the room is identical, and both I and my friend: Twilight Sparkle are just as we had been, on the other side of the tunnel. It is, as if we had just dug a tunnel under a national border; the entrance is identical to the exit, yet the laws are still different.

On Earth: where I come from, we have no Magic. Whereas Equestria, where we are now; there is plentiful and Powerful Magic, permeating the very fabric of existence. No point in denying it. Even if I had not yet noticed or realized it.

Once I had jumped up onto her back, finding my comfortable position; she starts to trot towards the door, in a measured gait; “Clip, clop; clip, clop..”

Just as she closes in on the door, I can see her horn flaring up; the purple magic forming on the tip, slowly growing in size and intensity until it floods down the entire length of her horn. The next moment, the door slides up, as on cue; just in time, for her to trot out of the room, into the long hallway in the Castle of Friendship.

If I look back, I can see the door to a small cleaning supply closet; the door soon closing behind us, just as she had trotted out of the room.

The floor is a smooth purple, as if the floor had just been one single solid Amethyst. Likewise, the walls and the ceiling are made out of the same crystal.

As Twilight is trotting down the hall, a spectre appears before us. This is the Avatar of the Castle, in the shape of Twilight Sparkle. Just that this is an Alicorn.

The Pony on whose back I am sitting, is still the same Unicorn as she had been as she appeared before me. I had unwittingly summoned her, as the converging coincidences reached critical mass. Forming the pile of books in the structure of books I named Fort book had successfully reached the required critical mass. Now, I have my friend with me; while she currently is trotting along the hall of the Castle of Friendship.

This is a sub-level of her basement; where she stores the book archive, containing her most prized books. But of course, how appropriate.

A Ghost..” I exclaim, whispering in her ear.

“Greetings, Twilight Sparkle and Miss Sparks; I am the Avatar of the Tree of Harmony!” she is presenting herself in a formal greeting.

“Miss Sparks..” I mumble to myself, snickering.

“I guess you truly are in Equestria, Miss Sparks!” Twilight offers me, as way of explanation.

Aside from the change incurred by walking through the tunnel, I do not feel as if I had changed at all; I am exactly the same Human Girl I had always been, even if I had entered Equestria without even knowing it. Still, I could as well go along with presenting myself as Miss Sparks, even if this never had been my name before.

Why complain? It isn’t as if it is a bad name here in Ponyville. Some Ponies already have weird enough names, so it isn’t as if I were to stick out now.

“Since we are Friends, Twilight; please, call me Miss?” I suggest.

“Of course, Miss; I hate formalities, anyway..” she responds; “besides; we are friends!” she concludes.

“Should we call our ethereal friend; Avatar, then?” I inquire, snickering for a moment.

“Sounds about right..” she merely responds, reciprocating the feeling with a snicker of her very own.

--- --- ---

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment