• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 18,715 Views, 1,078 Comments

The Serenade of Silver Belles - Your Antagonist



After a falling out with Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon discovers she has feelings for Sweetie Belle.

  • ...
39
 1,078
 18,715

The Eighth Bell Rings- It Seemed Like a Good Idea At the Time

The Serenade of Silver Belles

By: Your Antagonist

Edited By: Starwind Dood, Aziraphael, TheWattsMan, Brony2893, Cpl. Hooves and (The Great and Powerful) Plyxe

Chapter 8- It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time

Crunch!

Snap!

Crunch!

The sounds of leaves and branches being crushed so blatantly were a rarity in the dismal silence that had long inhabited this particular section of the Everfree Forest. The nocturnal denizens of the shaded woodland prowled about, nearly invisible in the darkness, their leering eyes scanning eagerly for the ivory-coated intruder who dared to violate the solitude of their home. Unbeknownst to this strange wanderer, the smaller, lithe creatures watched its every move from a distance, prepared to flee in case the outsider proved itself to be hostile. In stern contrast, the large predatory beasts stood ready to attack and defend their territory from this new rival if it asserted itself as a threat.

It was as if the outsider’s sheer presence and fearless stride had put the entire sector of the forest on edge. And yet, with one simple trip over an exposed tree root, the stranger had simultaneously lost the respect it had garnered from its spectators and lowered their expectations for the world outside the forest in one fell swoop. The crowd of creatures, having been thoroughly let down, sank back into their respective homesteads, feeling only the slightest bit of empathy for the clumsy beast as it would meet its fate at the jaws of the forest’s more wanton predators soon enough.

“Oww… dumb root…” Sweetie Belle moaned as she picked herself up and rubbed a sore spot on her head. “I really wish I could use that flashlight spell to see where I’m going.” As it stood, she could hardly see her hooves in front of her face, but a quick glance at the path ahead revealed that the already poor lighting in the forest would only continue to wane as she ventured further. “Ugh! Why does the Everfree Forest have to be so dark? I’ll never find those glasses in all of this!” she griped, stomping her hooves in irritation. With a frustrated sigh, the unicorn drooped her head and continued to trot along the darkened path, taking extra care with her hoof-placement so as not to give a repeat performance.

Cursing her lack of foresight for not bringing a light source, Sweetie Belle made gradual progress into the ever-blackening Everfree. At this point in her trek, her eyes had adjusted to the darkness just enough so that she wouldn’t run smack into a tree, but not so much that the ground below didn’t present a hazard in itself. “Just one… step… at a time…” she said to herself, feeling the ground out before planting her hoof down. “I’ve gotta do this for Silver Spoon.” The sight-deprived unicorn was so focused on the task before herself that she failed to pay any mind to the silhouette of a forest dweller slinking out from behind a nearby bush, or the plodding crunch of leaves and twigs beneath its paws as it crept towards her.

“Ugh! I can’t take this darkness anymore!” Sweetie Belle, frustrated by the blackness around her and unaware of the encroaching figure, stopped and bucked her saddlebags from her flank. With a quick swat of her hoof, she popped the clasped flap of the bag open and began digging through the sea of snacks and survival tools that she packed, even though she didn’t know how to use most of the equipment. “Come on, there has to be something in here that can… aha!”

With a grin and a triumphant flourish, the unicorn whipped a small plastic ring, one and a half inches in diameter, out of the sack. “Now, does it go… this way or this way?” she asked herself as she fumbled the ring about in her hooves. It took the obtuse unicorn a moment to realize that she wouldn’t be able to tell which way was which in her ink-black surroundings. Deciding on pure luck of the draw, she slipped the ring over her horn and felt a light surge of magic being drawn towards the tip of her magical medium. An instant later, a fierce beam of light poured forth from the apparatus and flooded her vision. “My eyes! I can’t see!” She clenched her eyes as tightly as she could to stop the invasive light from obscuring her sight any further, and blindly slapped at the ring eventually popping it off of her horn.

Cautiously, she opened her eyes only to discover that she had been robbed of whatever nightvision she had gained since she stepped foot in the forest. Fortunately for the vision-impaired filly, out of the corner of her eye she spotted the slowly dying light of the recently ejected ring and began to trot towards it. “Let’s try that again,” she said as she scooped the ring up in both hooves, before easing the device—facing the proper direction this time—back on her horn. The ring, once again supplied by steady source of magic, emitted a stream of pale light that pierced through the shadowy veil around her. “Much better!” she chirped, adjusting the ring to ensure it was snug on her horn.

Now armed with a steady source of illumination, Sweetie Belle took a moment to cast the light on her immediate surroundings and stood in awe of the natural beauty that had been hidden away by a blanket of shadow until now. Above her, gorgeous, if sun-deprived, moon-pale flowers hanging from the branches of trees that towered over the rest of the forest resembled stars painted upon a canvas of night. Turning her attention to the path she had been wandering along for a small eternity, she could see various small creatures scurrying about husks of strange seeds and decomposing fruits that littered the forest floor. “Wow, it’s so… pretty,” Sweetie Belle mused aloud. She gawked at the scenery for only a moment longer, before shaking her head to regain her focus as she remembered why she had wandered into the Everfree in the first place.

“Gotta find those glasses.” Sweetie Belle turned her attention back to her unattended saddlebags, but gasped in fright as a massive silhouette raced past her and buried itself into a nearby bed of bushes. “What was that?” Sweetie Belle directed her light upon the bushes. She scrutinized the area for a good half-minute, before letting her guard down with a sigh. “Must’ve been my eyes playing tric— Eeek!” she shrieked as something brushed past her tail. Reacting faster than even Rainbow Dash could have perceived, the unicorn whipped around, barely managing to catch a glimpse of the offender as it barreled into a nearby thicket of fallen branches.

The hair on the back of the unicorn’s neck was now officially standing on end. Heart pounding away in her chest, Sweetie Belle kept her eyes glued to the thicket and carefully backed away, eyes peeled for any more movement. In the distance she could see an ever-growing number of reflective green and yellow eyes, prowling towards her at a steadily curious pace. Sweetie Belle turned to gallop back towards her bags, frightened by the onslaught, only to find herself looking directly into a pair of feral gold eyes. Startled, she fell backwards and scrambled away as quickly as she could dig her hooves into the dirt, but it was to no avail. Sweetie Belle’s blood ran cold as she watched the silhouetted stalker pounce upon her, knocking her head to the ground. She shrieked as she felt its tiny paws lightly scratch and claw at her coat with hardly enough force to break the skin, and thrashed about wildly as the beast lapped at her face with a tiny, almost sandpaper-like tongue.

Mid-life-and-death struggle, something occurred to the fear-filled filly. “Wait a minute… this doesn’t really hurt.” Sweetie Belle swatted the creature’s claws away, and pushed the feral little hellion off of her chest. Rubbing her once again sore head, Sweetie Belle sat up, and aimed the light at the likewise recovering animal. “A rabbit?” she cried, her voice cracking slightly. “I was scared of a rabbit?” Sweetie Belle turned her head to look at the swarm of impending critters and sighed as she saw a family of rabbits balk under the unfamiliar intensity of her horn-light.

The rodent by her hooves hissed and swiped at the light, only to find its aggression dismissed as nothing more than a minor nuisance as the flustered unicorn effortlessly pushed it to the side and trotted over to her saddlebags. With a frustrated grunt, Sweetie Belle kicked her bags onto her rump and stomped off down the path, leaving a clan of irritated bunnies in her wake.

Sweetie Belle followed the crudely-beaten pathway deeper into the Everfree, hopelessly scouring the ground as she went. As wandering into the forest had been an impulsive decision born from an even more impulsive decision, the filly hadn’t put much thought into the magnitude of the search at hoof. Looking for a pair of glasses in the vast woodland was a daunting task even without the all-encompassing darkness, if for no other reason than the sheer size of the forest itself. Nonetheless, Sweetie Belle, driven by the hopes that her efforts would not go unrewarded, trudged forward, undiscouraged by the impossible nature of the task.

A half hour of fruitless wandering slipped through the filly’s hooves before she was finally presented with a new obstacle: a daunting wall of weathered stone that appeared to span endlessly in every direction blocked her path. “Oh, come on! A dead end?” With a groan, the filly sank to her haunches and began to scratch at her mane in frustration. ”Ohhh… this is hopeless!” Feeling absolutely flustered, Sweetie Belle chose to lie her back on the cold forest floor while she contemplated calling it quits. From her supine position, Sweetie Belle could see the forest from a whole new perspective. It was still abysmally dark, but with her light she could see just how high up the thick cover of trees stretched, and how the branches thinned out as they they got closer to the rock wall. With a listless shift of her eyes, she started to study the branches overhead, raising an eyebrow as she noticed something odd about a particular section of the canopy. The section in question seemed somehow thinner than area around it and she could even see trace amounts of light trickling through.

Curious, Sweetie Belle rolled to a stand and trotted towards the small break in the pseudo-skyline. Focusing her light, she studied the canopy closely for any sign of what might have caused the break and was rewarded with a faint glint from one of the branches for her efforts. “Hey, what’s that?” She craned her neck upwards, squinting at the glint, and gasped as she realized just what was producing the refraction. “Silver’s glasses!” The unicorn grinned a toothy grin “♫I found them, I found them, I found— wait… gah!” A second glance at the spectacles hanging idly from the branch revealed a major hinderance to the unicorn’s plans. “They’re so high up! How am I supposed to get them down?”

Sweetie Belle glared at the baby-blue rims in the distance. It was like they were mocking her and all that she had gone through to find them, but little did the glasses realize, Sweetie Belle was as one-track minded as the citizens of Canterlot were snobbish. Sweetie Belle dropped her bags and began rooting through them with renewed fervor, throwing various knick-knacks, canteens, and candy bars to the side. Surely in her mad dash to prepare for her venture into the Everfree, she had to have grabbed something that could have greatly assisted her in the task at hoof. Yet after a minute of sifting through countless pieces of gear, all she had to show for her efforts was a stack of wrinkled maps, an empty canteen, and, for whatever reason, a stack of dehydrated hay bacon that was somehow harder and heavier than most bricks. Frustrated by the poor find, Sweetie Belle tossed one of the bacon bricks behind herself where it collided with a tree with a heavy crack. “How can I have all this junk but nothing that’s actually useful? Hmm… maybe I can use some of this stale hay bacon to— ouch!” the unicorn cried as something small but weighty struck her on the crown of her head.

Rubbing her sore head, Sweetie Belle picked up the offending object and gave it a quick once over. “An acorn?” Sweetie Belle looked up at the tree holding Silver Spoon’s glasses captive, and noticed that it was the only tree bearing any such seed. “It must’ve fallen from that tree when I threw that…” Sweetie Belle turned to inspect the broken block of a snack and the tree that it had impacted against. Like most of the trees in the forest, it was a towering behemoth of a plant, but something about the trunk was different compared to its neighbors. It was much slimmer than the others, and it seemed somehow bent out of shape, as though something was putting a great amount of stress on it.

Experimentally, Sweetie Belle placed her forehooves on the trunk and pushed with all the force she could muster. To her surprise, the tree swayed slightly, dropping acorns as it moved. This gave Sweetie Belle an idea. “Well, I’m no Applejack, but…” Sweetie Belle turned her back to the tree, and gave the trunk a few experimental kicks with her hind legs. Feeling confident, she shifted as much weight as she could onto her forelegs, drawing her hind legs in at the same time. “Hi-yah!” she cried, exploding her legs outward with the force of a small confetti-filled cannon. To her satisfaction, the tree rocked back and forth, dropping even more acorns as it went. “Ha! I’ll get those glasses yet!” Sweetie Belle drew her legs back and delivered buck after buck into the wood of the tree, all the while watching as the glasses bounced along the branch they were trapped on.

After abusing the trunk with a flurry of bucks, Sweetie Belle gazed upwards to see how much progress she had made in getting the glasses to fall. The glasses themselves were one, perhaps two solid kicks away from falling, but less noticeably, the fracture in the canopy had grown much wider as the trickles of light had grown in intensity. “Alright,” Sweetie Belle said, wiping dense beads of sweat from her brow. “This is it!” Sweetie Belle drew her legs in as far as her small frame would allow, before laying into the tree with everything she had. The tree gave a mighty creaking moan, but more importantly to the unicorn, finally released its selfish grip on Silver Spoon’s glasses. Sweetie Belle watched and winced as the frames fell to the ground with a light crack.

Feeling accomplished, the exhausted unicorn trotted towards her prize, snatching the glasses up quickly. “Well, that was easier than I thought it was going to be,” she mused aloud, inspecting eyepiece for any visible damage which the the left lens had in spades. It was hopelessly shattered beyond conventional repair, but that was a small matter Sweetie Belle already had a plan for. Her priority now was to get out of the forest and back to Ponyville before sundown.

Placing the glasses on her forehead, Sweetie Belle turned back to her bags, but was shocked to see that they had somehow disappeared in the short span of time she hadn’t been watching them. Only a few of the maps and a half brick of hay bacon stood in its place. Sweetie Belle scanned around the clearing for any sign of her bags, but was less than enthralled to discover they were nowhere to be seen. “Oh, come on, they were right there!” she shouted. Sweetie Belle’s anger was promptly directed towards the sound of rustling bushes coming from behind her. “Ugh, more rabbits?” she groaned. “Hey, gimme back my stuff you thieving little—”

Crunch

Crunch

Crunch

Came the sounds of paw steps on leaves from behind Sweetie Belle. The steps stopped just behind Sweetie Belle who rolled her eyes and turned to face the nuisance. “Look, bunny, I really don’t have time to mess around with you, so just give back my stuff and—” The bravado in the unicorn’s words quickly faded and her heart skipped a beat as she found herself face to face with the golden eyes of a snarling, wooden monstrosity that was easily twice her size and definitely not a rabbit. “—go… away?” the filly whimpered meekly.

Snap

The beast stalked forward, radiating bloodlust with every step it took towards its next meal. Sweetie Belle backed away cautiously, not wanting to provoke the bloodthirsty brute into attacking early. In the face of certain death, Sweetie Belle’s fight or flight response was going absolutely haywire. Her eyes darted from side to side, searching for a way around or even under the timberwolf, but in the back of her mind she could hear a small voice screaming that her efforts would all be in vain.

Snap

A violent shiver shot through the frightened filly’s spine as she felt her tail brush against something coarse and jagged. She knew exactly what her tail had brushed against, yet she dared to hope that she was wrong. She prayed that by some miracle her father, her sister, her friends, or some righteous royal guardsman was standing behind her, ready to lay waste to the timberwolf and whisk her away to safety. She knew what was standing behind her, yet she didn’t want to believe it. An aggressive growling, however, shattered whatever hope she had been deluding herself with and forced her back into reality.

Snap

Snap

Frantic, Sweetie Belle whipped her head to the left only to find another timberwolf baring down on her. A glance to the right revealed the same problem, albeit, this wolf had wandered decidedly closer than the others.

Snap

Snap

Snap

Sweetie Belle was absolutely trapped with nowhere to run, but in that same respect, running was the only other option available besides being eaten alive by rabid forest dogs, and it seemed unlikely that she would get very far even if she managed to work up the courage. Accepting her inevitable fate, the filly curled up into quivering ball and wrapped her hooves over her head. At the very least, she didn’t have to see it coming and could at least hope it would be over quickly.

Snap

Snap

Snap

Snap

As the timberwolves drew closer Sweetie Belle drew her head in closer, whimpering apologies for whatever she had done to deserve this, and to her loved ones as well. “Rarity, I’m so sorry for being such a pain, I just wanted to spend a more time with you,” she sobbed. She could hear the steps of the wolves drawing ever nearer “Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, I’m sorry that I’ll never see you both earn your cutie marks, but you two were the best friends I could have ever asked for,” she choked through a steady torrent of tears.

“Silver Spoon, I—” Sweetie Belle winced as one of the wolves howled in preparation to indulge in its cowering bounty. “I'm sorry I let my opinion of Diamond Tiara completely cloud my view of who you were. I'm sorry I never told you how I felt. You're so much more than what you appeared to be around Diamond. I spent so much time trying to avoid the issue or bury my feelings, but they just won't stop. Ever since I got to know you, I've felt this way… Silver, I love you, and I’m sorry that I’ll never get to tell you.” Sweetie Belle clenched her eyes tighter and covered her ears, as she anticipated the searing pain of jagged wolf-fangs tearing into her.

Snap

Crash

Crack

Sweetie Belle was so tightly wound up that she failed to hear the raucous howling of the timberwolves as they ignored her and began barking timorously at the strange noise. “It’ll be over any minute now; it’ll be quick, it’ll be quick,” the unicorn chanted to herself between sobs, not daring to look up. Had she done so, she’d have seen that timberwolves had retreated in lieu of a much larger threat. While fear had kept her bound to the spot she was so sure she would die in, the violent quaking of the forest floor piqued her curiosity. Slowly uncovering one of her eyes, Sweetie Belle chanced a glance at the place where one of the timberwolves had been standing, only to find it had been strangely vacated. Cautiously, Sweetie Belle turned her head to the side and was relieved to find that there was no wolf there either.

Hesitantly, she wiped her eyes and rose to a stand, searching the clearing for any trace of the timberwolves, only to find she was alone. “Huh, I wonder what made them run off like that,” Sweetie Belle mused aloud. She hadn’t noticed it before, but the clearing had gotten much brighter somewhere amidst her run in with the wolves. Curious, Sweetie Belle looked up and immediately felt the blood drain out of her cheeks as she saw what had terrified the wolves so. Hanging directly over her, suspended by mere branches and vines was a massive chunk of jagged rock that seemed intent on crushing all that stood below it.

Sweetie Belle shrank back in horror, as the sheer weight of the rock effortlessly snapped several of the vines restraining it, causing it to sink another few inches. Needless to say, Sweetie Belle had no intention of sticking around to watch it complete its journey to the ground and took off galloping as fast as she could towards the path she had used to find this wretched place. She ran and ran until her lungs burned, and her legs felt like they were on fire. The frightened filly stopped for nothing, occasionally slowing to a canter only to light her way. As far as she was concerned, she would never willingly step hoof in the Everfree Forest again, and would fight tooth and hoof against any suggestions for adventures a certain orange pegasus would pitch in the future if they involved any combination of the words “Everfree”, and “forest”.

What seemed like minutes later, Sweetie Belle broke out of the Everfree Forest and into the reddening light of the late afternoon sun. She cantered only a few steps further before she collapsed onto the dirt road, tears of relief streaming down her face as she coughed out a cackle of solace that was normally reserved for shipwrecked sailors who had narrowly avoided Davy Jones’ cold grip. After several minutes of expressing her strong gratitude, consisting of an odd combination of sobbing and laughing, the unicorn stood up and wiped her eyes. She couldn’t spend all night crying here, she had things to take care of before tomorrow, and judging by the position of the sun, not much time to do it.

Reaching up to confirm that Silver Spoon’s glasses were still on her forehead, Sweetie Belle began her long trek back home to Ponyville, namely Carousel Boutique, where she had a few very special requests to put in with the proprietor.


“Rarity?” Sweetie Belle called as she marched into the pristine designer dress shop. “Are you here?” No response. Sweetie Belle trotted deeper into her sister’s store, poking through every room in search of the alabaster mare. She finally chanced across her sister in one of the many workrooms, sporting her trademark red reading glasses and an expression that was just dripping with focus as she labored over putting the finishing touches on a particularly robust dress for a particularly plump mare. As the seamstress would say, she was “in the zone.”

“Hey, Rarity? Can I ask you something?” Sweetie Belle asked, easily destroying any semblance of focus Rarity had accrued over the last two hours of this designing session.

“What is it Sweetie Belle?” huffed Rarity’s annoyed tone. “Can’t it wait? You see I’m with a client right now, don’t you?”

“Oh it’s alright, Ms. Rarity, she’s your sister after all; go on,” said the mare standing on Rarity’s sewing pedestal. “Besides, we’re almost done here anyway, so what’s a minute or two longer?”

With a sigh, Rarity pushed her glasses upon her forehead, and made her way towards Sweetie Belle, ushering the filly out of the room as she went. “If you insist; I suppose a break might do me well anyhow.”

“Not a problem dear, take as long as you need,” the mare called after Rarity.

Once in the hallway, Rarity closed the door behind her ever so gently and turned her gaze to her sister. “And just what is so important that you have to break our little ‘give-Rarity-her-space-when-she’s-working’ agreement, hm?” It was at this moment that Rarity actually took the time to see the state Sweetie Belle was in.

“Gah! Wha—Sweetie, what’s happened to you?! Why are all these leaves in your mane? Why is your coat so dirty? And these broken glasses, you didn’t let anyone see you like this, right?”

Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes as she watched her older sister sink to the ground sobbing like a child. “Are you done yet?” Sweetie Belle asked flatly. “I’ve got something really important to ask you.”

“Hmph, well, forgive me for being concerned for the well being of my younger sister.” Rarity pouted.

“Right… anyway, do you think you could fix these for me?” Sweetie Belle pulled the glasses off her head and offered them to her sister.

“Tis but a simple task.” Rarity said confidently. as she enveloped the glasses in a blue aura and whisked them into the air. The blue light intensified, and in a flash the cracked lens had repaired itself. “Please, dear, next time bring me a challenge.” Rarity said cockily, lowering the spectacles back onto Sweetie Belle’s head, whilst plucking a few leaves from the younger filly’s horribly matted mane. “Now then, is that all you needed?”

“Well, actually there is one other thing…” With a wave of her hoof ,Sweetie Belle gestured for Rarity to lean down.

“Sweetie Belle, we’re in absolute privacy, nopony else is here. Why can’t you just tell me?”

“Come on, Rarity!” Sweetie Belle whined.

“Ugh, fine…” It was the fashionista’s turn to roll her eyes as she obliged her younger sister’s request and placed her ear by the filly’s mouth. As Sweetie Belle whispered her request, the older unicorn’s eyes began to light up with a renewed zeal. Rarity pulled away from Sweetie Belle with a look of absolute disbelief painted across her features.

“You mean you want me to…”

Knowing exactly what her awestruck sister was going to ask, Sweetie Belle simply nodded in response.

“So that you can…”

Sweetie Belle confidently nodded again.

Rarity swooned back and forth as she allowed her excitement to catch up with her. “Well, we can’t simply dawdle here when something so big is at stake, now can we? Now run along upstairs and get cleaned up, while I finish up here with Ruby Pendant. By the time you come down, I should be ready for you.”

“Oh, thank you so much for this, Rarity!” Sweetie Belle lunged forward, forelegs open in a big sister seeking embrace. Much to the filly’s chagrin, she found her advances halted by a shimmering aura of blue magic.

“Eh, heh, heh. Not until you’ve washed up, Sweetie,” the older unicorn tutted, levitating her pouting, dirt-covered sister up the nearby staircase. As she listened to the echo her sister’s grumbling and hoof-falls disappear up the stairs, Rarity reached up and slid her glasses so they once again rested upon the bridge of her nose. The reinvigorated fashionista wasted no time in trotting back into her workroom to attend to Ruby Pendant, although thoughts and epiphanies in regards to her younger sister’s request were still mindfully ingrained in her thoughts.


Half an hour and a dirt-stained bathtub later, Sweetie Belle emerged from her elder sister’s latrine. A visible trail of steam flowed from the filly’s ears as she stepped into the much cooler air of the boutique proper, the temperature contrast making Sweetie Belle shiver slightly as her body adjusted. The familiar ebb and flow of faint conversation captured the filly’s ear, and coerced Sweetie Belle into following the fading voices downstairs where she could only catch snippets of the dialogue.

“…but this dress is simply fabulous, Ms. Rarity! How could I not pay?”

“Think of it as a gift from me to you, Ms. Pendant.”

“But this is such an immaculate piece of art, that I insist that you allow me to pay you double— no, triple what you asked!”

“Ruby, darling, don’t worry about it, besides, after tonight, I’m certain you’ll have paid me back in full without even realizing it. Just be a dear and make sure that you let your acquaintances in Canterlot know of this little encounter won’t you?”

“But of course, Ms. Rarity. I bid you adieu and good evening.”

“Likewise.” Sweetie Belle trotted into the boutique foyer just in time to see Rarity rising from a curtsy while gently closing the door after her esteemed guest. The older unicorn turned around and was pleasantly surprised to see Sweetie Belle standing right in front of her. “Ah, perfect timing, I was just coming to get you.”

“Why didn’t you make her pay for the dress?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Hmmm… lets just call it an investment of my interests for the time being.”

“If you say so...” Sweetie Belle mumbled.

“Anyhow, enough about that. Stand right there if you’d please,” Rarity instructed pointing to a nearby modeling pedestal.

Sweetie Belle quickly obliged her sister’s instructions and scrambled upon the stand.

“Are you ready to begin Sweetie Belle?” Rarity asked.

The taffy-maned filly nodded nervously, as her sister levitated several needles, spools of thread and rolls of cloth from a nearby basket. “Just a word of warning: this will not be over quickly, and you will not enjoy this. For the next three hours, I am not your sister: I am a designer.”

Sweetie Belle swallowed back a hard lump that had formed in her throat. She could already tell it was going to be a long night, but hopefully it would all pay off tomorrow. Hopefully.

Chapter 8 End

Author's Note:

Sorry about the re-upload, I was changing the chapter to the revised version. and playing around with some of the posting features and I accidentally unpublished this one. The next chapter is en route however. I just started it and so far I'm thinking about 5,000+ words on it. Sorry about that once again.