• Published 20th Oct 2018
  • 10,199 Views, 157 Comments

A Broken Warrior - Stonehearth



A boy was made to be the ultimate weapon. In an attempt to escape his fate, he found himself in a land of ponies, dragons, and changelings. Will he be able to find peace, or will his fate catch up to him?

  • ...
38
 157
 10,199

Boast Busters

“So why did you follow me home?” Skystrike asked as he broke the silence on the train ride back to Ponyville.

“Due to your duel, the princess asked me to monitor you, as well as give a weekly report, sir!” Stardust saluted.

“Heh, I see why. I am fairly dangerous.” He sighed and flipped a coin on his hoof over and over in a rhythmic fashion.

“Fairly?” She chuckled to herself. “With all due respect sir, you beat Magnus without breaking a sweat! If I told the princess about your book of battles you had, I wouldn't be the only guard.”

He nodded, knowing she was right. The train blew its whistle, notifying the passengers that they were nearing Ponyville station. “Oh yeah, I got a party to go to after we arrive at Ponyville. After that, i’ll show you where you’ll stay for the time being.”

“Understood, sir! The princess has given me monthly funds, so I should be fine financially!”

“Good to know.” He finished as he caught the coin in his hoof. The train slowed to a stop before the doors opened. Skystrike picked up both his and Stardust's belongings, despite her protest. The two were met outside by Rainbow Dash spotting and flying over to them.

“Hey, Nebula! Welcome back to Ponyville!” She said nicely before patting him on the back.

Too nicely for his taste. “Thanks…” He said as he moved his head towards the earth pont behind him. “That’s Stardust, a guard Celestia assigned to me. Stardust, this is Rainbow Dash.”

“Nice to meet you, Miss Rainbow Dash.” Stardust put out a hoof before Rainbow raised a brow and shook it.

“Well let’s get going! The party’s at Twilight's!” She said as she started walking.

“Sweet. Who’s all there?” Skystrike said as he followed behind along with Stardust,

“Oh, you know. Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, AJ, Pinkie, and me of course.” She said suspiciously.

“I thought it was a late ‘welcome to Ponyville’ party. Figured that more ponies would be there?”

“They all had... stuff to do….” She avoided eye contact.

Skystrike looked around at the ponies around him. Each pony instantly ran away at the realization that Skystrike looked at them. “Uh huh…” He said before looking at Stardust, who was giving him a confused, yet suspicious look. The three arrived at the library, Spike opening the door. They exchanged greetings before walking inside. It wasn't what he was expecting though. There were no party tables, streamers, confetti, or balloons. The closest thing to a party was a plate of cookies that Spike offered him. The door locked behind him before Rainbow stood next to the rest of the mares that were already there, each giving him looks that varied from anger to nervousness. He sighed, knowing full well what this was. Might as well hear them out.

“Skystrike, what happened in Canterlot?” Twilight asked with an angry tone.

He sighed. “Twilight, if thats the first thing you ask me, and you ask in that tone, pretty sure you already know what happened.”

“Don't get smart with me!” She scowled.

“Don't ask questions that you know the answer to. A better question would be ‘What actually happened?’ Because despite being her student, she doesn't tell you everything.” He responded, making Twilight angrier.

“Of course she would tell me everything! Why would she hide anything from me?”

“Well she didn't tell you about me, so she had to have a pretty good reason.” He shrugged his shoulders as Twilight was clearly letting it get under her skin.

“Now Skystrike, there’s no need for that. We’re just trying to help you.” Rarity said as she tried to calm down Twilight.

“Help with what? Because from my view, you girls don't know what you're talking about, lied to me, saying thin intervention was a party, and Celestia probably didn't give enough clarification. So, how will you help me if you don't know what’s wrong, and worsened things for yourselves?” He asked, trying not getting annoyed, or trying to at least.

“Actually I have the message she sent.” Spike said as he stuffed a cookie into his mouth.

“Good. Can you give me the short of it?”

“Well… it just says that you’d be in a bad mood when you came back. The newspaper said that you and I quote, ‘senselessly beat a pony to near death.’” His eyes widened as he skimmed.

Skystrike sighed. “Alright, they're not wrong, but she left out the why. Tell you what, tell me what you all planned on getting out of this, then i’ll tell you the part that Celestia and the media left out.”

“We were um… going to take your swords…” Fluttershy tried not to make him mad.

“First off, there’s three things you don't take from me. My weapons, my armor, and my pets. Second off, which swords?” Skystrike counted on his hoof as Fluttershy stopped a laugh from escaping her mouth.

“What do you mean by ‘which swords’?” Rainbow asked cautiously.

“There’s Soulsteel, the Bloodskal blade, the Blade of Woe, Atrius, my Daedric swords, the Buster sword, the Terra blade, Aatrox, Martis, Alucard, Magnetite…”

“We get it.” Rainbow face palmed. “And where did you get these swords?”

“Most are ancient blades that I find, restore, then upgrade. Other than those, I make them. So, you wanna know why I beat Magnus to near death or not?”

“What reason would you have to mess him up that bad?” Pinkie said with the tilt of her head. “They couldn't have been that big of a meanie.”

“Does nearly killing you and your friends in the past count as being a big meanie?” Skystrike asked as the whole room went silent. “Don't trust everything the media says They're in it for money.” He said as he unlocked the door. “Stardust,come on.” He said before he left the library, heading towards home.


Skystrike opened the door to his house and set his saddle bag to the side of the door. Still carrying Stardust’s bag on his back. He motioned for her to follow, giving her a tour of the house. The entrance room had a few decorative vases in it and some corner shelves and some weapon racks, all currently occupied with various staffs. It also had some display cases. One sat on a table as the other sat on a shelf, the former holding a large black and silver collar, seeming to belong to a large being. In the center of the caller was a sapphire that glowed a dim blue. Stardust eyed it for a bit before following Skystrike to the next room.

The main room was in a rectangular shape that had an indoor balcony on the second floor. The first floor had a large reversible turquoise sofa in front of a dark brown tea table. There was a large, flat screen TV in front of the couch. Blue tinted lights shined upon the room. Aside from that, it was mostly empty.

The archives and alchemy lab were to the left of that room. He pushed open two thick metal doors to enter the laboratory. The walls were lined with a metal alloy in case of explosions. The room was circular, with three floors in it. The first and third floor were for the lab, while the second was the archives. The walls were lined with thousands of books on nearly every subject. It could rival Canterlots by topics. Each shelf had a protective glass screen on it. The lab had many shelves housing various flask and solutions.

The armory was across from the lab. It was full of armor stands weapon racks, display cases, large and small, a grindstone and a workbench. It was a tad smaller than the living room, but had much more stuff in it. Various suits of armor for many different species were in chest that sat on the floor. The weapon racks were sorted by the type of weapons. There were war hammers, battle axes, shields, swords, and other unique weapons. The display cases held items from circlets to knives.

Behind the living room was the trophy room. There were large pedestals that held all types of beasts. There was a mannequin of a greater timber wolf, a large patch of fur that was a deep purple with stars on it, the skull of a cyclops, a miniature Roc replica, and various other objects ranging from necklaces to goblets. It was a rather small room, being able to hold about 10 ponies.

The two went upstairs and walked past a locked door and a vacant room. He opened the door, revealing a queen sized bed with a magenta pillow and sheets. It was a guest room.

“You’ll be staying here. I have a few rules that you’ll need to follow.” He started as he put down Stardust’s bag. “If you wish to use one of my weapons, ask me first. If you want to go into the archives, don't let any of the books leave this house, especially not the black books and Oghma Infinium.”

“I thought those were fake?” Stardust looked at him.

“Don't go into the basement, that’s my workshop.” He continued, ignoring her question. “Don't let anyone in, not even the princess’, unless I say you can. And finally, don't go snooping around in places that you don't think you should. Am I clear?”

“Yes sir!” She saluted. “Though I can't promise about the princess’.”

He nodded before turning around. “I’ll leave you here to get set up. Imma go walk around the town. The kitchen is next to the armory. There’s cook books in there and some food if you're hungry. I’ll be around town.” He said before leaving her to her things.


There was a small carriage in the town square, where a lot of ponies were gathered around. A teal unicorn with a purple cape and wizard hat was making a huge scene as more and more ponies gathered around. She seemed somewhat familiar.

“Come one, come all! Come and witness the amazing magic of the great and powerful Trixie!” The mare introduced as the carriage folded out into a small stage. A puff of smoke went up before dispersing, revealing Trixie behind it. The crowd cheered at the show.

“Watch in awe, as the great and powerful Trixie, does the most spectacular piece of magic ever witnessed by pony eyes!” She stood on her hind hooves as fireworks came from under the stage.

“My oh my, such boasting!” Skystrike could hear Rarity say from in front him.

“Oh come on.” Spike sighed. “No ponies magic is better than Twili-” He caught himself. He cleared his throat. “Hey Rarity, I uh… must dash!” Spike said before running off, only to run into Skystrike.

“Oh hey…” He said wearily.

“Don't worry, i’m not mad. I rarely hold grudges.” He reassured the dragon.

“Oh good. Come on! I wanna get a better view!” Spike said before pulling Skystrike by the hoof, making him walk to the front. Spike was caught off guard when he was grabbed by the tail and put onto Skystrike’s back.

“Thanks.” He said before pointing out Twilight and the other mares.

“There’s nothing wrong with being talented, is there?” Twilight asked her friends.

“Nothing at all. Except when somepony goes aroun’ showin’ it off like a school filly with fancy new ribbons.” Applejack glared at Trixie.

“Just because one has the ability to perform lots of magic does not make one better than the rest of us.” Rarity pitched in.

“Especially when you got me around being better than the rest of us!” Rainbow said proudly, only to get a glare from Applejack.

“If there was something wrong with being talented, we wouldn't have cutie marks.” Skystrike came towards the girl. “And Rainbow…” He rubbed his snout with his hoof. “Just don't.” Spike laughed.

“Well well well, it seems we have some neigh-sayers in the audience!” Trixie spoke.

“HAH! I get it!” Skystrike laughed to himself.

“Who is so ignorant to challenge the magical ability of the great and powerful Trixie!?” She boasted more. “I’ll have you know, that you're in the presence of the most magical unicorn in all of Equestria!”

Rarity blew a raspberry. “Just who does she think she is?” Rarity scoffed.

“Yeah! Since we all know that Twilight here is-” Spike was pushed to the side by said mare.

“Spike! Ssssh!” Spike was lead outside of the crowd my Twilight.

Rainbow Dash flew up into Trixie’s face. “So, great and powerful Trixie, what makes you think you're so awesome anyway?”

Trixie giggled. “Why, only the great and powerful Trixie has magic strong enough to vanquish the dreaded Ursa Major!” More fireworks came as they exploded, showing the picture of a bear with a star on its forehead. “When all hope was lost, the ponies were lost and had nopony to turn to, but the great and powerful Trixie, with her awesome magic, vanquished he ursa major and sent it back to its cave! Deep within the Everfree forest!

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA” Skystrike burst out in laughter at her broad statement, catching the eyes of everypony around him.

“What’s so funny, tin can?”

“Im sorry! It’s just you're full of shit!” He laughed harder. He finally calmed down before continuing. “If a unicorn was single handedly able to do that, why have none of the ponies here heard about it? I’ve done some cool stuff but no one was there to record it. I wouldn't go around saying I did something with no proof.”

Trixie gave him an angry look before smirking. “It’s true my enthusiastic little admirer, but i’ll humor you. What, prey tell, is this ‘cool stuff’ you've done?” She asked only for the crowd to murmur in front of her.

“Oh, these ponies already know one. It was my most recent one, and my first recorded one that wasn't written by me.” He chuckled before throwing a newspaper at her hooves. “Read the front page.”

She read it only to smirk. “Even if you did, he was still no match for an Ursa Major!” She scoffed. “Very well Ponyvillians, I challenge you. Anything you can do, I can do better! Any takers? Anyone? Or is trixie destined to be the greatest equine ever lived?” More fireworks came up.

“I’ll go last. The show has to be longer than this.”Skystrike laughed before watching intently.

“Please! She’s unbearable!” Spike groaned. “One of you have to do something!”

“There’s no way i'm using my magic now Spike, especially since-” Twilight whispered before being cut off.

“How about you?” Trixie pointed to Twilight who stayed silent. “Well? Is there anything you can do the great and powerful Trixie cant?”

“She can talk in first person. Does that count?” Skystrike joked as the audience giggled. Trixie ignored him.

Twilight stuttered before Trixie moved on. “What about you, hayseed?” She said mockingly to Applejack.

“That's it! I can't take no more o’ this.” She said walking up to the stage

“Yeah! You show her, Applejack!” Spike cheered.

“Can your magical powers do this?” Applejack did some rope tricks with the lasso on her tail.

“That is cool as fuck!” Skystrike shouted.

Applejack then swung her tail around, making the lasso grab and pick an Apple from a nearby tree. It fell into her mouth as the crowd cheers for her. “Top that missy!”

“Oh ye of little talent. Watch and be amazed at the magic of Trixie!” She pulled off her hat, making the rope sway back and forth like a snake, hypnotizing Applejack. She then tied her hooves together and put a apple in her mouth. Applejack angrily hopped off stage back towards the group.

“And the great and powerful Trixie prevails!”

“Enough struttin’ around and showin’ off like that!” Rainbow flew up to her.

“No.” Trixie replied calmly.

“That’s it. My job.” Rainbow flew off towards a windmill and flew around it, making the mill turn faster. She then flew up into the sky at high speeds, going through clouds. She dive bombed going through a cloud, the water from it following her. She then went back through the windmill, making it spin faster. Finally, she skidded to a stop, the water still behinder, hit her, making a small rainbow over her head.

“They don't call me Rainbow and Dash for nothing.” She finished as the crowd cheered again.

Trixie was unamused. “When Trixie is through, only thing they’ll call you is loser!”

“ROASTED!” Skystrike shouted again.

Trixie shot a magic beam at Rainbow Dash, It surrounded her, making the rainbow above her begin to circle her. It madea rainbow tornado, making Rainbow spin with it, carrying her off into the air. It slowed down, making the pony land on her head, her eyes rolling around in her head.

“Seems like anypony with a dash of sense would think before tussling with the great Trixie.” Trixie made a dark cloud appear above Rainbow before lightning struck her hind quarters. The crowd laughed.

“What we need is another challenger. Somepony to magic her up.” Spike said as he nudged Twilight with his elbow.

“Yeah! You need to show this unicorn who’s boss!” Rainbow helped.

“A unicorn on unicorn tustle.” Applejack agreed.

“Enough. Enough all of you!” Rarity interrupted. “I can take a hint, but Rarity wont have such nonsense. Rainbow Dash and Applejack may be fine with being a little rough, but why don't we conduct ourselves with beauty and grace?”

“Ooo, what’s the matter? Afraid you’ll get a hair out of place in that rats nest you call a mane?”

“Holy shit.”

“Straight up savage.”

“Oh it. Is. on!” Rarity growled “You may think you're tough with your so called ‘powers’, but there is more to magic than your brutish ways. A unicorn needs more than that.” Rarity used her magic to pull down a curtain, spinning it around herself. “A unicorn needs to have style!”

A flash of light was seen before revealing the white pony in a glittering blue and yellow dress. Her hair was up and done nicely as the crowd gasped in awe. “A unicorn without grace and beauty…”

Trixie used her horn to begin a magic spell.

“Rarity wont let Trixie get the best of her! She’s beautiful, she’s…” A flash of magic interrupted Spike as he stared in silence. The whole crowd gasped in horror after looking at Rarity. Save for Skystrike.

“Quick! I need a mirror! What did she due to my hair? I know she did something terrible to my hair!” Rarity squealed as she panicked.

“Nothing.” Twilight said.

“It’s fine!” Rainbow avoided eye contact.

“It’s gorgeous.” Applejack reassured.

“It’s gre-” Spike was cut off by Skystrike’s hoof on his mouth. All four of them gave him a look, telling him what he needed to do.

“I got this.” Skystrike said walking up to Rarity. He pulled out a bag of bits. “Go to the spa and get the best treatment they give. I feel generous today.”

“Skystrike, don't hide it from me, what’s wrong with my hair?” Rarity pleaded.

Skystrike tried his best to say it as calmly as possible. “It’s… green…”

Her eyes widened as each one of the mares gave him a look.

“What?”

“Oh no! Green! Not green! Green hair!” Rarity cried before running off crying. “It’s such a horrid color!”

“Well, i’d never!” A pony with a green made said angrily.

“Well come on Twilight, it’s up to you.” Spike said as Trixie whipped her hoof.

“What do you mean? I’m nothing special…” Twilight said to both Spike and the crowd.

“What do you mean? You’re better than her!” Spike growled.

“I’m no better than anypony!”

Trixie laughed. “You think you're better than the great and powerful Trixie? You have more magical talent! Well come on, show Trixie what youve got! Show us all.” She taunted.

Skystrike sighed. “I heard you were annoying, but this is just ridiculous.” Skystrike stepped on stage. “It’s my turn I guess.”

“And what can you do that Trixie can't?” She laughed.

Skystrike looked at her. “Well, I can actually attempt at what the contestants did for one. Applejack could do rope tricks. All you did was wave it around with filly level magic. Rainbow actually flew around and did tricks, all you did was make her dizzy. Rarity turned a simple curtain into a beautiful dress, while all you did was change her hair color, which barbers can do.” He counted off with his hooves. “You didn't do anything they did ‘better’, so you're a fraud.”

Trixie gritted her teeth as he continued. “Second, what do you know about dragon shouts?”

“You mean roars? That’s not hard to do.” She smirked.

“Oh it’s much different. Let me show you. Everypony, cover your ears.” They all did so as Skystrike took a deep breath. He opened the jaw of his helmet.

“Fus… RO DAH!” An explosion could be heard as he finished his chant. A wave of energy went over the crowd, their hair flowing in the force of the shout, and ran into a tree, knocking all the apples and most of the leaves off it. Everyone gasped as Trixie’s jaw dropped. “You see that? That was two things. The easiest shout you can learn, and something very few dragons and even fewer ponies can do. Now, can you do better than that using only your voice?”

Trixie recomposed herself. “Of course I can!” She cleared her throat as the audience covered their ears again. “Fus… Ro Dah!” She shouted. The audience flinched, expecting the same, but slowly came up one my one realizing nothing was going to happen. “T-That was just a dud…” She said with a quiet, scratchy voice.

“Hah, you got a sore throat now. My job here is done.” He jumped down from the stage. “You guys should go check on Rarity. I’m going home. And Trixie, learn when to shut up.” He left as the crowd began laughing behind him, though Spike followed him.


“What was that? I’ve never heard of anything like it.” Spike said jogging net to him.

“I don't expect you to. Most dragons dont know of it. It makes sense that you wouldn't, being raised by ponies. What that was is called ‘Thuum’, ancient dragon tongue for voice. The one I used back there was ‘Unrelenting force’. The first one I learned.”

“Who taught you?” Spike asked.

“An old dragon from the outside the dragon lands. His name was Paarthurnax.”

Spike thought for a moment. “Could you teach me the voice?”

“If you really want to, but they're mostly used for battle.” Skystrike warned the young dragon.

“I know! And it’s cool!” Spike smiled.

Skystrike couldn't help but crack one of his own. “Alright then. I’ll talk to Twilight about it. If she doesn't want you to, I can sneak you out. I hope you won't mind having a training partner?”

“Of course not! When do we start?”

Next week. Now go check on your crush. I’ll see you later Spike.” He finished, leaving Spike with a blush.


Skystrike was currently making a salad and some fried rice for dinner, his armor in the corner. Stardust was currently trying to lecture him about what he did earlier that day. It was not working out in her favor, but it didn't stop her from continuing.

“Sir, you realize that I have to tell the princess’ about this?” She sighed.

“Yup.” He replied as he continued cooking.

“It will only make you more known, and make even more fear your power, sir.” She pushed a hoof against her forehead.

“I know.” He took out some plates from the cabinet. He lifted the frying pan and evenly split the fried rice onto both of the plates. He then took the bowl of salad and put some in a small bowl for each of them. He turned off the stove and held a plate on each wing. He walked over to the table that Stardust was waiting at. He tilted one of his wings down, letting the plate slide down and stopping in front of her. He did the same at his seat before pulling back the chair and sitting down himself. He figured that Celestia would know the truth about it sooner or later, being he used a different shout during his escape those years ago.

“Honestly sir, I wouldn't be surprised if we were called back so soon.” She said as she picked up her utensils.

“Unless she or anypony I know is in immediate danger, i’m not going back until the gala. Speaking of which, I still have these two other tickets. Probably gave me two extra because polygamy became a thing.” He took a bite of his food. The word being said caused a light blush on Stardust’s face.

“What about that pony Lyra? You said you knew her in the past?”

“Yeah, good idea. Then you can have the extra ticket.” He thought aloud.

“Oh, don't worry about the ticket, sir. As your guard, I get in essentially free.” She said as she finished her salad.

“That’s… oddly convenient and planned.” He said as he finished his plate. “And one last thing. Starting next week, you're training alongside Spike. You could use the practice.”

“Yes sir!” She saluted. Skystrike looked at her plate. Empty. Skystrike looked at her, some rice stuck to her face.

“I’m guessing it was good?” He chuckled before picking up their plates. He got a napkin and wiped her face before throwing it across the room into the trash. He put the plates in the dishwasher. “I hope you’ll make friends here better than I did. You atleast look normal” He sighed to himself.

“I will, sir! When I do, i’ll let you meet them!”

“I would appreciate that.” He smiled at her.

Large booms could be heard as the ground rumbled beneath their hooves. Skystrike and Stardust exchanged looks before they went outside, seeing a large blue, starry bear follow Spike, a tall filly, and a short filly, each screaming for their lives as they ran towards Ponyville.

“Stardust, lock the door! We’re going out to stop that ursa!”

“Yes sir!” She said as Skystrike took off towards the town.

He quickly ran past the bear as the fillies went towards Trixie’s wagon and Spike towards the library. He realized exactly what they were trying to do as Trixie came to the door and began talking with them.

“Didn't Trixie say the great and powerful Trixie wish not to be disturbed?” Trixie raised a brow.

“Trixie, we have a little problem.” The short one said in a squeaky voice.

“More like a big problem!” The tall one said pointing to the large bear behind them.

Trixie looked behind the two to see Skystrike and the bear running at them. She let out a cream as she was frozen in fear. Skystrike grabbed the two fillies and mares, just before the ursa smashed the wagon with a large claw. He quickly put them down before before saying one word. “Run!”

They quickly followed behind him as they weaved through the alleys, trying to lose the bear. The bear continued to follow them as the other residents woke up at the massive creature running through the town. The four were backed into a corner as Skystrike gritted his teeth.

“Great and powerful Trixie! You've got to vanquish the Ursa!” The short pont pleaded.

“Yeah! Vanquish so we can watch!” The tall one said as the bear inched closer.

“It took alot of trouble to get that thing here!” The short one smiled before getting an angry response from the two grown ponies.

“What!? You bought that thing here!?” They said in unison.

“Are you out of your little pony minds!?” Trixie asked, her eyes shrink in shock.

“But you're the great and powerful Trixie!” The short one said confused.

“Yeah, remember? You defeated an Ursa Major!” The tall one clarified.

The bear let out a roar in their faces before Trixie gulped. “O...ok. Here it goes!” She focused magic into her horn, causing a nearby vase to rattle, a long rope coming out of it. She tied the ursa together as she exhaled. “Piece of cake.”

The ursa looked annoyingly at its paw, showing that only two of its toes were tied together. He split them apart, the rope snapping easily. It looked back at them.

“Now is not the time for games, Trixie!” Skystrike scoffed as he got ready for any attacks.

“Yeah!” Shorty said.

“Vanquish it!” Skinny pitched in.

She focused her magic once more, a storm cloud appearing above the bear. It rumbled a bit before lightning struck its tail, only making it angrier.

“Well that was a dud…” Skinny grunted.

“Yeah, come on! Do the stuff you did earlier!” Shorty suggested.

The storm cloud struck the bear on its back, leaving a black mark from the burn. The bear opened its mouth before they all took a step back.

“Uh oh.” Trixie quietly said.

“Fucking run!” Skystrike ordered as the bear roared. The four quicky zoomed under the bear, making it rampage through the inner parts of the town. Each pony outside looked to see the blue bear hunched over a house before running.

“Sir!” Stardust caught up to the four ponies and began running next to them.

“Trixie, get rid of the ursa now!” Stardust shouted.

“I… cant!” She sighed as her ears went down.

“What!?” The two colts said behind them. Skystrike looked back to see Twilight and Spike standing next to them.

“I’ve never done it! No one can vanquish an ursa major! I just made the whole story up to make me look better!”

“Made it up!?”

The ursa began to growl as it neared them. It stood on its hind legs before bringing its arms up with a roar. THe crowd, including Rainbow, Applejack and Rarity all gasped as they saw it so close.

“Everypony! Get evacuate the area! Stardust! Trixie! I need you to help evacuate!”

“What about you?” Twilight said walking up next to Trixie.

The bear roared again before trying to bring a paw down on the two mares and stallion. Skystrike quickly pushed the two out of the way before the bears claws dug into his skin. His coat was slowly turning red as blood ran down his side. He let his guard down, a foolish mistake.

The girls and dragon called out his name as he caught his footing. He looked back at everyone who was still there. “GO!” He said before he jumped at the celestial beast.

He pushed his back hooves into the bear’s skull, the outcome being a roar in pain from the beast. The bear swiped at him, trying to knock him back. Skystrike saw it coming before jumping over it then divekicking the bear. The ursa opened its mouth, trying to bite at the pegasus in mid air. Skystrike air dodged out of the way with a flap of his wings before landing a roundhouse kick to the bear’s cheek. He landed on the ground in front of the bear, slightly dizzy from the loss of blood. He needed to finish this quickly, or at least stall it long enough for it to escape. The blue beast brought down both of its front paws onto Skystrike. He stood on his hind hooves and put his front hooves up, catching the paws. The force coming down on him caused a small crater under his hooves. He let go of its paw before landing a strong uppercut, it making a cracking sound as the bear fell backwards. The large ursa fell onto its back, failing to keep its footing. Skystrike landed on all fours as he dizzily stood up. He looked behind him, seeing everypony in Ponyville cheering for him as he defeated the ursa.

“That wasn't an Ursa Major…” He said weakly.

“...What? Both Trixie and Twilight said shocked.

“That… was… a Minor….” He finished before he fell over onto the ground. He could hear the calling of his name as his vision turned fuzzy. “You girls really need to take… care of yourselves… He said as he coughed up some blood. His hearing grew weaker before he closed his eyes.


His eyes shot open as he looked up at a white ceiling. He quickly sat up as the cover fell off of him. He sucked air through his teeth. He looked to his right to see his side bandaged up, as well as Stardust asleep, her head lying on the side of the bed. He looked to his left to see Spike sitting in a chair sleeping, and Fluttershy lying in the same fashion as Stardust. The three had tear marks on their faces. Not wanting to wake them up, he layed back down. He was about to put a hoof on his forehead, only for it to be stopped by his helmet in between. Looking around, he notice that there was an IV bag running into a vein in his left hoof. Next to it was a desk that had multiple bouquets of flowers, as well as get well soon cards. One stuck out to him it being a glass of sky blue tulips with a blue card under it of the same shade. It was a get well soon card from Trixie Lulamoon written in cursive. He smiled at her thoughtfulness. The warm sunlight shinned on his face, making him squint.

The sound of hoof steps could be heard coming closer to his room. He looked at the doorway to see a mare with a white coat and pink mane and tail, her hair in a bun and sporting s nurse hat.. She looked up from her clipboard to see Skystrike looking right at her. She dropped her clipboard.

“Hey Redheart. What's up?”” He waved.

She let out a sigh of relief. “I’m so glad your ok, Mr. Nebula, as well as the rest of Ponyville.”

“...huh.”

“What?” She asked confused.

“Figured the whole town would avoid me after Magnus. Speaking of which, how long was I out?”

“Almost a week. Five days to be exact.” She said sadly.

He sighed in realization. “At least I still got time before training begins.”

“Oh of course!” Redheart said in realization. “You have some visitors. They've been coming nearly everyday. I believe that they were quite worried about you.”

“Well, let them in. I got nothing else to do.”

She nodded before leaving the room, only to come back with Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and even Bon Bon. Each one of them let out their own sigh of relief before waking up the three sleepers. They slowly woke up, glancing at the now conscious pegasus. Each one of them joined in on a big, yet slightly painful hug.

“Sweet Celestia Nebula, don't scare us like that!” Rainbow said in a shaky voice.

“What in tarnation were you thinking’ goin’ after that Ursa minor?” Applejack scolded.

“I was thinking that if I fought it, it would buy you guys time to escape.” He answered. “But me taking that hit was my fault entirely.”

“That's not true!” Spike said as he rubbed his eyes. “If Twilight and Trixie weren't there, you wouldn't need to take the hit for them!” Twilight flinched

“Maybe, but his control of him emotions weakened him.” Echo spoke. “After the duel with Magnus, he suppressed his anger. His power rises as his anger grows, so, Skystrike essentially lost most of his strength, speed, and defense.”

“Wait, so the angrier you get, the stronger you get?” Pinkie questioned.

“Pretty much. I see it as a second adrenaline. We call it wrath.” Skystrike shrugged. “It also got me out of near death situations. Pretty handy.”

“Just don't run into battle like that again. You worried all of us.” Fluttershy pleaded.

“Sorry kiddo, but if you or anyone else can live at the cost of me dying, i'll take that L.”

“Darling, don't you care for your life at all?” Rarity asked.

“Eeeeeh… It's not that I don't, it's more like I see other lives having more value than mine.”

“How could you say something like that sir?” Stardust said with tears in her eyes. “Each one of us here care for you!”

“Not to ruin the moment, but think about it, you got the elements of harmony, a knight from the royal guard, a civilian who's done nothing wrong, and a baby dragon. You all have done so much good in this world, compared to me, who's taken more lives than I saved, some out of my own anger. You heard what I asked at the duel.” He said, no hesitation could be heard in his voice. “That being said, i'm going to try my best to live as long as I can.”

“Anyway.” Spike started, changing the subject. “When is Skystrike getting out of the hospital?”

Nurse Redheart looked at her clipboard. “Well since he’s conscious and doesn't seem to be in too much pain, maybe at noon?”

“Wait, Skystrike??” Bon Bon said as Spike smacked his hands against his mouth, realizing his mistake. “You’re Skystrike?”

“Am I that popular?”

“You're famous! Or were. Most ponies thought you were dead.” She threw out a hoof. “I have to say though, you're nothing like Lyra said. Well besides how you like to fight.”

“Hold up, you know Lyra?”

“Yeah, She’s my roommate.”

He stayed silent for a moment. “That's convenient. I'll come see you later this week. I gotta train Spike and Stardust the day after tomorrow.”

“You what?!” Twilight shouted. “Spike didn't tell me about this!”

“Skystrike gave Spike an expecting look. He looked back at him, the dragon quickly tilting his head at Twilight, telling him to deal with it. Might as well.

“He asked and i’m going to do it.” He said quickly.

“But he’s supposed to help me in the library. He is my assistant.” She grumbled, slightly annoyed.

“All his time won't be taken away from the library. Besides, can't you do it yourself over the course of a few days, instead of doing it in one?”

“Well it’s my say if he goes or not!”

“Twilight, growing up, I had to sneak around and steal to survive. This won't be the first time I’ve had to kidnap somepony.” He smirked. “But i'll just say this. Skado skadee, he commin’ with me.” He finished before grabbing Spike and running through the hospital. He stopped at the front desk and paid his bill before running again from the hoofsteps behind him.

“Spike, first lesson, it’s always ok to run.”

Spike laughed as he rode on his back, riding Skystrike throughout Ponyville.