• Published 2nd Oct 2018
  • 426 Views, 7 Comments

Rain, rain go away! - OpenPage



Twilight hates the rain, especially down in ponyville. She hates the schedule and how often it happens. She also loves her new friends very much.

  • ...
3
 7
 426

Come again another day!

A drop of water fell from the sky. Dark clouds rolled in quickly with pegasus pushing them into position. Twilight finally noticed the storm when a droplet smacked onto her horn. Peering up after the first drop, now that she thought about it, was a bad idea. Torrents of rain poured down that sent the last few ponies indoors.

None could expect a sandwich to protect a pony from the rain. Twilight tried valiantly though. Telekinitely holding her food over her head for protection, she made a mad dash for home. Oat’s And Other’s was a bad place to go to lunch; on the other side of town from the library.

“Stupid twilight stupid! Why did you forget to check the weatherboard! Ooooh spike probably reminded me this morning and I didn’t pay attention,”

The storm came down even harder, the first bolt of lightning could be heard. Not being a rain shower but a full-blown thunderstorm. Looking around twilight’s eyes danced along the town looking for an overhang or tree to duck under till the storm calmed down a little. Houses in the area left little to be desired. Almost none of the houses in downtown Ponyville had overhangs. Her eyes fell upon an old oak tree that seemed big enough to shelter a pony underneath. With a dive, Twilight landed in the dirt below it. Water could be felt dripping through the leaves.

“Whew, safe!” Grumbling and standing up, she turned around to glare at the clouds. Her soggy sandwich flop on the ground as she let her telekinesis go.

“Couldn’t even finish my food, and I left my hay fries on the table!”

“Twilight? Is that you?”

Jumping into the air with a yelp the purple pony twirled around to see her close friend Fluttershy nestled under the tree. Hoof to her chest, she let out a deep breath of air to calm herself.

“Fluttershy! I didn’t see you there,” Twilight standing over her butter-yellow friend.

“O-oh hello twilight, It’s a surprise to see you caught in the rain,” waving a lock of her pink hair out of her face.

“I forgot to check this weeks weather chart it seems” Grumbles could be heard as she took a seat next to Fluttershy.

“The weather isn’t so bad, I enjoy being surprised by the rain,” Smiling at her friend, she stuck a hoof out into the rain, rain spilling over her hoof.

Fluttershy said, “It makes me feel more in tune with nature.”

“Rain is a menace,” Twilight scowled out at the town. “Its wet, and gets over everything. I wish it came down left often!” she shouted at the skies, with a few pegasi setting the last clouds into place giving a queer look.

With a sigh, Twilight plopped herself on the ground. Staring at the rain coming down beyond her temporary sanctuary.

“Still can’t believe I lost my sandwich...” A pained whimper at the loss of good food leaves her lips. A distraction, that’s what she needs. “Do you know that Canterlot has there weather charts for the week in the newspaper?”

In a flash, Fluttershy had a look about her. “Really? But what if somepony doesn’t like the paper,” shaking her head “I don’t come into town that often since the crowds scare me, but I still have to come to buy necessities.”

“And that means you always see the board. It’s smart. For such a small town.” Twilight had a wistful look on her face. “But I miss the paper. My dad would always come in and read it to me and my brother before the day started.”

“I-... Im sorry? I am sorry you can’t see your dad twilight but there is no need to be upset with the rain and weather team.”

Hoof on the shoulder, Fluttershy pushed Twilight down gently. She turned her purple friend’s head to the town and the few ponies sitting indoors, watching from windows. Coffee and blankets were out, and ponies snuggled, drizzle covering the town in a smell of ozone and moist dirt. They could hear birds chirping above them; safe in their nests from the downpour.

“The rain is wonderful for many reasons Twilight, some as small as water for a thirsty plant.” Fluttershy gently hoofed a small bud that was sprouting in front of them. “And sometimes as big a reason as…. Ponies coming together,”

Suddenly Fluttershy hugged the unicorn. Surprised by the sudden contact, Twilight went rigid. After taking a moment, she wrapped her hooves around the Pegasus. Patting her on the back.

“Ok Fluttershy, a good hug, can we stop please?” Twilight squirmed in the embrace.

“O-Oh my I’m so sorry!” Squeaking she pulled back and blushed, rubbing a hoof in the dirt.

“It’s fine Fluttershy, I’m just… not use to physical contact yet,” Giving a noncommittal shrug. Then scratching the back of her head “Not use to talking to ponies either. So maybe you can show me what’s so wonderful about the rain,”

“Definitely! I’m so excited!” Doing a little happy dance with her front hooves Fluttershy yelled in her normal voice, which was barely at a speaking level. Pulling twilight close she sat in the standard pony loaf position. “Ok first thing. Friends sometimes cuddle when it rains,”

Looking at Fluttershy like she was crazy, she hesitantly pulled herself into the same position and close to the pegasus. Fur against fur she sat there quietly waiting for Fluttershy’s next instructions. “This is certainly,” Twilight shifted slightly “ Comfy,”

“It is, isn’t it? I do this sometimes with Rainbow Dash when she can spare the time on rainy days.”

“Ya, it is…” They sat together watching the rain. “Rainbow likes to cuddle with you on rainy days?”

Giggling Fluttershy poked Twilight with a wing “She does, but you won’t tell her I told you right?”

Waving her hooves “I wouldn’t do that to her, we’re friends now right?” she blushed and rubbed the back of her head. “Having friends is still new to me but I know betraying a friend is pretty wrong,”

Fluttershy looked at twilight happily “That’s right,” pulling herself off the ground, Fluttershy looked around to make sure no one was around. Satisfied she danced into the rain, laughing and swatting the air with her wings “Come on Twilight, dance in the rain with me.”

She hesitated then followed after her friend to dance.

Author's Note:

Hello! The writing is done and story produced! Editor and chief is my pal DeathByTea! Give him those sweet Exposure Bucks.

Comments ( 7 )

Too bad this is a one chapter story. It was cute and fun to read and the ending left room for more. Nicely done.

9206887
Thanks! I wrote it as a one-shot but I would gladly write more of just cute small moments in Ponyville. The ending was left open on purpose for hopefully a return with another friend.

Nice story, short and cute!

DNC

9250917
I liked it.:pinkiesmile:

9251205
thank you! I like people liking my stuff! :twilightblush:

Login or register to comment