• Published 1st Oct 2018
  • 1,943 Views, 25 Comments

Metal Redemption - RandomChance



"I lived a villain, and died a hero... also who's this purple filly?"

  • ...
3
 25
 1,943

Chapter 3 - A Slight Hiccup

(P.O.V. 1st Notte)
It's been about four months since my rebirth and getting used to my new body has certainly been a wild roller coaster. After the second month I thought that it would be a good idea to try learning how to walk in my new body and getting myself up to speed so I could use all of my MS powers as I have decided to call them.

Unfortunately for me my little body isn't strong enough to handle the stress of Mach 1 or even walking. This is something that I have been trying to fix with a spell that I found in the library that increases muscle density and strength along with increasing the strength and flexibility of my tendons. It has been a slow coming project due to the fact that my bones aren't strong enough to handle the weight yet.

The good news is it has sped up the prosses of having the strength to walk by at least a year. If it works like intended then I will keep using the spell to keep increasing my strength in order to adjust to moving at extreme speeds. What no one knew was the fact that I was built to be able to move at a maximum speed of Mach 35. Though that is going to be a slow process and would attract to much attention if I did.

Cadence has been showing up to quote unquote 'foal sit' me and has been giving me many ideas on what to do in the future. One of these is manipulating the whether to increase my own abilities. Mainly because pegasai can already change the whether at their leisure. Should the need ever arise I could just crack open a lightning bolt and that would be that.

Currently I am sitting in the library looking at myself in the mirror while casting the muscle spell. Staring back at me was the pony I had familiarized myself with performing the same action. Gone were all of the things I had known as Metal Sonic were gone. The only thing that was familiar were a pair of deep red irises that seemed to cut into my soul.

I was so focused on my reflection I didn't notice the door open slowly, but I did hear the gasp Cadence made when she saw me using the spell. I immediately looked over at her with my eyes strain wide with surprise. She flinched at seeing my eyes bare into her heart. As if she was looking right into the eyes of the devil.

She took a step back before I used my levitation spell to bring her towards me. The words I spoke next seemed to echo through the halls of the house.

"What are you doing here?"

(P.O.V. 1st Cadence)
(3 minutes earlier)
I woke up a little while after reading to Twilight and Notte after hearing the faint hum a spell. That was strange due to the fact that it was clear that neither of the twins parents were home nor was Shining. I turned to see twilight sleeping soundly, but when I looked to check on Notte I was shocked to see that he wasn't there. Quickly I ran out the room and quickly went room to room looking for him.

Eventually I made my way to the library and the sound of magical humming kept getting stronger. under the door I saw the faint light on the other side. Steadying myself I slowly opened the door, and what I saw made me gasp.

Notte was floating mid air while looking at himself in the mirror. His horn glowing the same red color as his eyes. Hearing my gasp he turned his head towards me. His deep red eyes staring into my soul.

I tried to take a step back but I was picked up by what seemed to be his own levitation spell. He pulled me closer as he continued to stare at me. As he spoke his next words I felt my fear grow at the deepness of his voice.

"What are you doing here?"

The room seemed to cause the words to echo. I looked into his eyes with fear and tried to answer his question.

"I woke up earlier and didn't see you in your crib. I thought that you had been foalnapped." I said quickly still paralyzed with fear. It was then I felt my eyes get heavy and darkness take me.

(P.O.V 1st Notte)
I looked at the pegasus that I had put to sleep. I quickly pulled her and my self up with my magic and placed all of the books I had been studying earlier away. I floated her sleeping form onto the mat she had been sleeping on before. I hoped silently that she would think it was a dream.

Not taking any more chances I floated myself to bed and fell asleep.

(Dreamscape)
I opened my eyes to see the star filled space I had grown used to over the months. I summoned up a door with a picture of a star on it. You see during the time I have been here I learned of the princesses of Equestria. The thing that was more interesting to me is the story of Nightmare Moon.

It broke my heart when I read it. Because she was just like me. Only used as a tool by the ponies of Equestria and even her own sister. After going to sleep that night I had discovered that I could enter and with enough effort control the dreams of others. Now I had gained enough power to get into the dreams of those much stronger than me.

I looked at the door before thinking to myself. 'Do princesses dream of magic sheep?'. I shook that thought away before opening the door revealing its golden glow. I brought my hoof up to shield my face form the slightly painful light. I quickly brought it down and leapt into the dreams of the sun goddess.

Author's Note:

Thank you all foal watching!:twilightsmile: