• Published 1st Oct 2018
  • 1,937 Views, 25 Comments

Metal Redemption - RandomChance



"I lived a villain, and died a hero... also who's this purple filly?"

  • ...
3
 25
 1,937

Chapter 2 - The Early Days

(P.O.V. 3rd)
(Canterlot General Hospital)
Night Light and Shining Armor were sitting patiently in the waiting room... Ok Night was franticly pacing back and forth in the room as Shining shifted from side to side in his chair.

The reason for this was that Twilight Velvet got up in the middle of the night feeling slightly sick. Normally that wouldn't be to bad, but then she quickly got Night and Shining because the twins were coming and fast.

Night Light and Shining couldn't go with due to the fact that the doctors could not have any distractions during the birth of the twins.

After what felt like hours of waiting, sitting, and general worry the doctor stepped out of the room. He let the two in and the sight that greeted them would never leave them for the rest of their lives.

Laying in the bed was Velvet holding two bundles in her hooves with both tears in her eyes and a smile on her face.

The first bundle was a small lavender unicorn with a purple mane with two stripes running through it. she was sleeping soundly while held up against her mother with her small horn poked through the wrappings.

The second bundle had dark blue fur with white star like spots on his neck that ran down his body to his hooves. Another thing that was interesting was that he had an pure blue ethereal mane that flowed with grace and grandeur. The last thing was that on his flank the star marks flowed into what looked like a spiral galaxy shape that surrounded and empty dark blue spot.

The two stallions looked back and forth between the two twins. Unable to stay focused on just one due to the foals strange features.

"Say hi to daddy and Shining you two." Velvet said in a soft voice. The two looked over at their new father and brother. But while the filly immediately began giggling uncontrollably at seeing the two acting like scared buffoons, the foal just looked at them and just babbled a short word that none knew the meaning to.

Velvet looked at Night Light. "I decided to name our little filly Twilight Sparkle, but I can't think of a name for our foal." She said as Night Light put a hoof to his chin in thought.

"How about Notte?" He said. Getting a look of confusion before continuing. "It's Pontailian for night and I think it fits pretty well for our foal given his appearance."

Velvet let out an "Oh" in response before smiling again. " I think it's perfect."

(P.O.V. 1st Notte/Metal)
(Time Skip 1 Month)
I looked around the small room my even smaller crib was in. The left half of the room painted like the night sky with constellations drawn across it. The moon painted with a strange unicorn figure dotted on it. The right half of the room was filled with the red and orange light of the rising sun that shown beams into the night colored room. Across from the room stood the crib of the filly my new parents named Twilight Sparkle. She was my sister. That was something that I never thought in my short life would ever be able to say. My sister.

I was broken out of my thoughts by the door opening to reveal the white unicorn named Shining Armor and another pink pegasus that I had never seen before. She had a curled mane that had an assortment of wild colors that was mirrored by her tail. they both entered the room before Shining started speaking.

"So basically just feed her when she's hungry and if she catches on fire just put her in the oven until she calms down." He said in a bored tone. The first time I watched Twilight catch on fire it was mesmerizing, but then she burnt down half the house.

The pegasus looked over at me. "What about him?" She asked in a questioning voice. Shining looked over at her confused before realizing his mistake and continuing.

"Oh that's Notte. Don't worry much about him. He doesn't really react much to anything. If Twilight needs something just give him the same thing. Otherwise you won't ever know when he needs something." He said before looking at the clock before getting a shocked expression and quickly looking back at the pegasus.

"I have to go now. Are you sure you can handle this Cadence?" The pegasus now identified as Cadence quickly responded.

"Yes. You can count on me Shining." She said before Shining left the room, closing the door as he left the room with the three of us inside. She looked at the both of us before grabbing a few books off the bookshelf in the corner before moving between both of our cribs and started reading fictional stories to us until Twilight fell asleep. She looked over to me with curiosity. Though most of her focus was on my mane and star pattern.

"I wonder what you're going to grow up to be like." She said out loud before closing her book and going to sleep herself.

"I'll hopefully be able to live a long and prosperous life if I play my cards right, and so far it looks like I have a good set." I said quietly before sneaking out of the room using my levitation spell that I copied off of mom while she was feeding me and Twilight.

I wound up in the sizable family library that I had been in many times before hand. The shelves filled with books of all shapes, sizes, and origins. Ever since I watched Shining Armor studying in the nursery me and Twilight basically lived in I had been fascinated on the subject and began studying and perfecting every spell I could get my tiny underdeveloped hooves on.

It had been a quick and simple process due to the fact that I kept my scanner and copy ability that Robotnik built me with.
Not only have I been able to copy any spell my family uses in front of me. I have also been able to read and process the knowledge in the spell books in a matter of seconds.

The only reason I still come in here is to see if there is anything new which there usually isn't, or to practice the magic that I have copied. The reason I practice these spells is because whenever I copy an ability it's sort of a watered down version of the real thing. Luckily due to the fact I have an organic body rather than a robotic one I can improve my abilities and copied spells rather than being stuck with a watered down variant.

I can't wait to see what my future holds.

Author's Note:

Thank you all foal watching!:twilightsmile: