• Published 1st Oct 2018
  • 1,942 Views, 25 Comments

Metal Redemption - RandomChance



"I lived a villain, and died a hero... also who's this purple filly?"

  • ...
3
 25
 1,942

Chapter 1 - Mother Metal

(P.O.V 3rd)
Twilight velvet was many things. An ingenious writer and publisher. The wife of an amazing stallion. As well as now about to be a mother for the second time.

When she and her husband Night Light have recently found out that she was pregnant after a strange case of morning sickness came over her during the previous two weeks. They paid a visit to the doctors to figure out what the problem was and the doctor told them the good news.

Now the two are once again approaching the hospital to check up on the child now growing inside her, and hopefully find out the gender of their yet to be born child.

(Canterlot General Hospital)
Twilight Velvet and Nightlight were led down the halls of the hospital by a nurse who led them into a room where the doctor stood there waiting for them. He looked up from his notepad seeing them enter the room. he placed the notepad on the counter and looked over at them.

"Ah hello. You must be Night Light and Twilight Velvet yes." He spoke as the couple nodded he once again looked over at the notepad before continuing.

"Good. Now I would like for you to lay down on the bed to that we may check the progress of the child for any early signs of deformity or even gender if we are lucky." Velvet did as she was told and the doctor applied a cold gel before using a strange magic powered x-ray to look at the developing child.

When he did this black and white static came from the screen next to them before stabilizing and showing a picture. There were two small dark figures that differed slightly from each other. The one on the left had a small oval shaped muzzle extended a few centimeters from their head. The other was slightly larger and had a bigger more square muzzle. The couple and the doctor looked at the screen for a moment before the doctor spoke again.

"Congratulations to you both. It seems you are going to be the parents of a pair of fraternal twins." He said as a smile grazed his muzzle.

Velvet and Night looked at each other for a moment before smiling as well. TWINS! This was amazing for them and it brought them so much joy. It was going to be big news to give Shining and it would bring him so much joy and excitement.

After the rest of their appointment was concluded the two made their way back home to bring the news to Shining Armor.

(Sparkle residence)
Shining Armor was walking down the stairs towards the living room after he heard his parents call for him. Not knowing what it was about he was a little apprehensive about it. He wondered if he had done something wrong or if something had happened.

He entered the living room to see his parents looking at him. Both with warm smiles on their faces that also held a small amount of... excitement? Shining stepped into the room and sat down on the seat in front of the and began to speak.

"Mom. Dad. Is something wrong." The feeling of apprehension he was feeling before was demolished when he heard their response.

"No Shining. Nothing is wrong." Night Light said with the smile still on his face. Though this only caused confusion to rise in the young stallion.

"If so then what is it you wanted to talk to me about?" He asked not knowing what their reason was.

"Shining... your going to have siblings." Velvet said as her smile extended so much across her face that it threatened to split her muzzle in two.

Shining Armor almost fainted after hearing that. Though it got him wondering if he was going to have a little brother or sister. Either would be good. It was then he noticed that she said siblings instead of sibling. She seemed to noticed this and answered him before he even asked.

"You're going to have a little brother and a little sister." She said with the long smile still stretched across her face.

This excited Shining Armor even more than before. A little brother AND sister. He almost couldn't believe it. This was awesome.
(Meanwhile in Canterlot palace)
(P.O.V. 1st Celestia)
It had been a few weeks since the strange magic had appeared. It felt as though it filled a whole in the world that now felt empty. An emptiness I didn't feel ever before, but could not stop feeling after. I spent the hours that did not spend in the sun court using my magic to search for the source of the strange magic. But no matter how many times I tried I couldn't locate it nor could I figure out what it was.

I had a theory that it could be the reincarnation of a past villain. Though they were scrapped due to the inconsistencies. Nightmare Moon was still on the moon. Discord was still in stone. Tirek was still trapped in Tartarus. And the Sirens were still banished.

I briefly wondered if it was some new evil that was born. But the magic felt to warm and pure to be something like that.

I thought maybe another alicorn had been born. But then why would it disappear so suddenly, and where could it have gone to. Surely the populous would want to bring it to her attention immediately if that were the case. Even more so if it had happened in the middle of the day and what felt to be so close to Canterlot. The rest of the city would have known about it before the days end. So that couldn't have been it. It had to have been something else.

I looked out the window and began to lower the afternoon sun as I thought more on the subject. The magic was sudden and disappeared as suddenly as it appeared.

The only thing I could hope to do right now is wait for the magic to possibly reveal itself again.