• Published 5th Oct 2018
  • 364 Views, 8 Comments

Pony-Me™: Rogue - TheMajorTechie

  • ...
7
 8
 364

Let go.

Author's Note:

I've recently realized that it's become gradually harder and harder to write this AU story any further given its constraints to the existing canon. I will consider simply canceling the story and shutting down the AU, or perhaps setting up a new continuity specifically for this story.

Samantha spun around to face the voice with wide eyes.

"You," she accused, "don't you dare bring Lisa into whatever you're about to spout."

The man leaning on the wall chuckled, slipping his hands in his pockets.

"No, no," he began, stepping closer to Samantha, "the past is in the past now. What brings you back to headquarters?"

"Lisa," Samantha gestured to Twilight, "she's... changed, to say the least. I need access to my tools and the company database if I want to--"

Twilight shot a glare at Samantha, cutting the girl off.

"--er, we can talk about it later," Samantha finished with a sigh, "I just need to connect her back into the simulations for a bit."

The man raised a brow.

"Why?" he asked, blocking Samantha as she turned back to the ajar door of her former office, "Hasn't she been in there long enough already?"

"Apparently not enough," Samantha shook her head, "please, just let me do this. It's for her own good."

The man paused for a moment in thought, before hesitantly moving out of the way, eyeing Twilight as she followed Samantha into the room. The door shut behind them with a soft click.

Samantha paused, letting out a deep sigh before sitting down at her old desk. Twilight followed suit, pulling out a chair and sitting beside the girl.

"Well?" Twilight snapped, "Get on with it! Prove to me that I still have a place in Equestria!"

"I-I will. Hold on for a bit, won't you?" Samantha stammered, pressing the power button on the computer. "I need to start everything up."

She pulled the keyboard closer to the edge, glancing over her shoulder as she typed in her password. A small chime rang from the system as the biometric lock engaged.

"What's that?" Twilight snorted, her arms folded.

"It's... it's nothing," Samantha responded, pressing her thumb on the keyboard while staring for a moment at the screen.

The lock screen image faded from view, replaced by a clean desktop. Samantha navigated to a networked folder, pulling various files and programs over before opening one. A command line blinked on-screen for a second before vanishing again, replaced by the familiar view of Equestria.

"That's... wait, that's Pinkie," Twilight exclaimed, pointing to the screen. "Why is Pinkie back in Equestria? Isn't she still on that chip-thing of yours?"

Samantha shrugged, stifling a smile. "Anyways," she continued, confidence growing within her, "it's never too late to return to your friends, Twilight. Sure, there may still be much to learn, but I promise you, if you wish to return to Equestria by your own will, that I will personally deliver you an unfiltered, endless supply of as many books as you want."

Twilight's eyes widened for a moment. She glanced again at the monitor, then to Samantha, unsure of whether to trust the offer or not.

"Well?"

Comments ( 2 )

9924162
Are you asking about this chapter, or the story itself?

9924385
Oh. This story was a random idea I had that I wanted to try writing. It was supposed to explore a darker chain of events for Pony-Me, but I ended up shelving it not too long after out of disinterest.

Login or register to comment