• Published 5th Oct 2018
  • 364 Views, 8 Comments

Pony-Me™: Rogue - TheMajorTechie

  • ...
7
 8
 364

Rewrite the script,

"Wait..." Lisa mumbled, her eyes glued to the screen. "Wait, no... that can't be right. I'm Twilight..." She spun in her seat to face Samantha. "Tell me now. Who is this imposter that I see?"

Samantha's grin widened. "That's no imposter, Lisa, that's Twilight."

"No, I'm Twilight!" Lisa yelled. Her hands flew over her mouth as she gasped. "I... I mean--"

"Exactly." Samantha cut in, grabbing her friend by the wrist. "You're Twilight. Now tell me, where's my friend?"

Lisa's vicious smirk returned as she placed her own hand over Samantha's. "Touché, Sam. I was just about to ask the same about mine."

"You saw her already," Samantha argued, motioning to her own carrying case beside her handbag, "Pinkie fully agreed to the procedure as long as I promised her that she'd return to Equestria. That's part of the reason why I brought us here."

Lisa turned back to the monitors. "Even after calling her a glitch?" She growled, leaning closer to the screens. "What happened to getting rid of her?"

"We... we figured things out. That's all."

"Yeah," Lisa scoffed, "riiiiight. You, one of the most disagreeable people I've ever met. You just figured things out with Pinkie?"

"Where is Lisa?"

"The same place where you put Pinkie. I'm guessing you're going to try and get me to figure things out with her now?"

Samantha sighed, slumping in her chair. "No."

"That's a loyal assistant when I need it." Lisa mused as she lounged in her chair, "Fetch me Spike, please."

A trembling Timothy nudged the door open. "Twilight," he began with a shudder, "you shout too loudly."

Lisa paused, her expression shifting from smug to suspicion. "Spike."

"Twilight, I heard everything from across the hall. You're not the Twilight I know," Timothy shuddered, "not anymore."

The click of the door closing echoed across the silent room. Samantha turned back to Twilight. "Please," she begged, "give my friend back her body and memories. I can still put you back into Equestria."

Lisa rose a brow, pointing back to the Twilight Sparkle roaming across Equestria on-screen.

"She was generated as a replacement for you when you didn't return in time. I added that mechanic as a failsafe to keep the simulation running smoothly in case if something happened in the long-run. I can merge you and her into a single entity, and you can continue on with your life and forget about all this. Okay?"

The tapping of Lisa's fingernails on the desk filled the room. Samantha watched as her friend contemplated the idea, her face cycling through waves of emotion by the second. Finally, her fingers halted their tapping.

"No."

"But--"

"I much prefer living here in the real world now, as opposed to Equestria. Yes, I may be losing all my friends, but in return, I've got so much I can learn about in this world!"

"What abou--"

"Lisa?" The girl cut off Samantha, "Psh, she can go live in Equestria herself for all I care. She isn't of any use to me anymore."


Lisa screamed. She screamed, and screamed, and screamed. She kicked and punched in every direction; a futile attempt to push back the pokes and prodding of her mind that Twilight Sparkle subjected her to.

"Help!" Lisa shouted into the darkness, screaming again as a stream of her own memories flashed past her eyes, disappearing into the void of Twilight Sparkle's corrupted code.

"Help!" She shouted again, her voice weakening as she felt herself stretching out. She could only whimper as she felt herself being sucked from her own body, in turn being replaced by Twilight Sparkle herself.


Lisa yawned, idly sitting in a bath of blinding white; her new prison. Is this what Twilight felt? She wondered, squinting into the infinite distance before her, This... this must be the transmitter chip.

Abruptly, the world around her shifted. A wave of pain rolled over the girl as her mind went entirely blank. Thoughts, memories, even her very personality shot from her in physical form, presented flat against the endless ceiling high above.


"No use?!" Samantha shouted, "You're talking about my friend like she was like... like some kind of book for you to study from!"

"And study I did." Lisa mused, "Up until last night, I had never realized the potential of all the information that I was exposed to during my time with her. Last night, however, I felt a sudden pull, almost a calling of sorts, to gleam through as many of her memories as I could see fit. In fact, I found so much usefu--"

"Blah, blah." Samantha groaned, cutting Lisa short, "I get it, Twilight. Something messed up your code last night, and you decided to turn on the person you were modeled after. I can probably get you patched in a few minutes if you'd like."

Lisa growled, her hands balling into fists on the desk. "See," she began, "that is why I ultimately decided to commandeer your friend's body. You humans have no faith in your own creations. Here I am, communicating with you about my desire to explore the world, and what do you say in response? You want to reprogram me, don't you?"

Samantha jumped back with a yelp as Lisa stood up, seemingly towering over her friend. "You just think of me as a tool, don't you? Just a nonliving bundle of code that just-so-happens to have taken a physical form. I wish for more respect than that."

Lisa stomped to the door, turning to give a final glare at Samantha before opening it.

The room trembled as the door slammed shut. Just like that, Lisa Garnet- Twilight Sparke, was gone.


Lisa gasped as she felt herself recollecting. Slowly, she recounted her memories. The long days in the office with Samantha, the years she'd spent in the simulation, even relearning how to use chopsticks with Professor Argall.

Seems like everything's there... she smiled to herself. She rubbed her eyes, staring into the white void all around her as her mood once again tanked. ...at least, I hope everything's there.


Samantha sighed as she closed the viewer window that displayed the contents of Lisa's memories. Her thoughts went back to Twilight, the one who'd put her friend on the very chip that was intended to contain the simulation's Artificial Intelligence programs.

"She's just a modified chatbot..." she whispered to herself, pulling up the years-old source code for Twilight Sparkle in a window. "How did she get so off-script, even when her script is self-generating? It's... it's just not like the Twilight that Lisa designed to be like this... unless..."

She leaned back in her chair with a frown, glancing to the other carrying case in the room:

The one containing Pinkie Pie.