• Published 2nd Aug 2012
  • 4,290 Views, 117 Comments

Aegis Shield's Scrap File - Aegis Shield



A Lunar Stallion who writes for fun leaves behind his scrapped stories.

  • ...
14
 117
 4,290

The Progenitor

The Progenitor
Part 1: Crysalis’ Victory

Our story begins most of the way through the season 2 finale, when Cadance is bringing Shining Armor back to his senses…

“Wh… what? Is the wedding over?” Shining Armor blinked the evil magic out of his eyes. Princess Cadance’s spell had worked. He wasn’t a hypnotized zombie anymore, whew! The Princess’ eyes lit up and she nuzzled him eagerly, so happy to have her stallion back in his right mind.

A set of hooves filled with holes slammed down onto the carpet runway with a crash, cracking the tile beneath them. The not-yet-wed couple flinched, looking up fearfully. Queen Crysalis! “It’s ALL over!” she gloated in her strange synthesized voice.

“Your spell!” Twilight shouted from among the changling guards. “Perform your spell!” She coaxed her pale brother to cover Canterlot in the massive magical shield once more.

Crysalis threw her head back in uproarious laughter, hovering into the air with the sound of locust wings. “Hahaha! What good would that do?! Even now my changelings roam free!” she gestured out the window. Everypony looked, terrified at what they might see. Below, there were changelings all over the city! They were clinging to walls, menacing guardsponies, chewing through solid material to get the ponies inside, chasing them down the streets. Wild blasts of magic were going back and forth while the royal guard fought fiercely, but it was no good. They were just too out-numbered.

“No…” Shining Armor said, horrified. He screwed up his face and bowed his neck a bit, trying to conjure the spell forth. No other unicorn could make such a massive shield, it was his trademark ability! But… but… his horn fizzled out and he panted. He was just too tired. “My power is useless now.” He said glumly, his ears turning down in defeat. “I don’t have the strength to repel them.”

Cadance came forward, pressing her muzzle into his shoulder. “My love will give you strength.” She told him. She was tattered, half-starved and looked like hell—but she was still an alicorn. A power transfer would be easily done, to super-charge her stallion. The Princess leaned into him with a forlorn expression of exhaustion, her horn igniting with some effort.

Queen Crysalis laughed, going to lean out the window. “Muh-hahaha! What a lovely but absolutely ridiculous sentiment!” she watched her forces terrorize Canterlot, but was secretly watching the betrothed couple. She just needed to wait for the right moment. Clearly they’d forgotten how powerful she was already, and HOW she’d become so powerful. She rolled her eyes. Ponies, such predicable, love-laden creatures. They were like big fat turkeys coming to a pack of ravenous timber wolves.

Sure enough, Cadance and Shining Armor looked into each other’s eyes. Their horns came together and a subtle arc of love magic connected them. The Princess reached deep down into her very being to bring forth as much as she could, anything and everything that would help repel the changling invasion.

It was then that Queen Crysalis struck. Turning and launching herself across the room she grabbed Cadance by the mane and SANK her fangs into her neck! The mare whinnied, front hooves flailing wildly. The changling queen moaned in extacy. Love! Raw, alicorn-grade LOVE! It was orgasmically delicious! The arc of raw magic spiraled dangerously across the room, blowing out the balcony arch to expose the mid afternoon sky. The magic crackled, sputtered, and then went out. Cadance’s eyes rolled into her head and she fell slowly to all four knees… then onto her side. She looked deathly pale.

“Cadance, no!” Shining Armor threw himself down to catch her before she hit the floor, but was suddenly seized in a magical aura. He flailed his four legs, trying to fight off the firm grip the sickly green aura had on him. But no, his strength was drained. He’d never received Cadance’s power transfer. Queen Crysalis had.

Twilight and the rest of the mane six rushed forth to help, but a sudden swarm of changling guards buzzed around them and they were repelled. Twilight shouted wildly and Pinkie seized her mane, turning it like a crank. A gatling gun of purple fury sprayed back and forth, mowing down the beasts wherever it turned!

Turning with a flourish of her long, jagged horn Queen Crysalis pointed it at Shining Armor. “So, are you gonna come quietly, honey?” she said playfully. The stallion stared at her, aghast and held in her gaze while the battle went on in the background. He caught himself at last and glared at her, throwing out his chest and stepping up to the challenge. Snorting, the queen back-hoof’d him so hard he fell with a yelp. Weakened and already at the end of his strength, he fell with a heady moan. “Alright boys!” she bade her soldiers. “Phase two!” she held up a hoof, putting one of the odd holes to her lips. She blew, and it was a shrill whistling sound. All over Canterlot, the changelings jolted to a halt in what they were doing. The queen called! As the cloud of dark bodies and emerald eyes gathered, the buzzing grew louder and louder.

“Take your hooves off my brother!” Twilight shrieked, growing closer and closer to panic.

Crysalis smiled at her from across the room while the battle raged on, pulling Shining Armor from the floor and slinging the entire stallion’s body onto her back. “Sorry Twily, you weren’t quick enough to stop me. Shining Armor has something I need,” she lowered her head until she was smirking from under her eyebrows. “If you know what I mean-nnnnn-nyah-hahaha!” she threw her head back in a grand villainous laugh. A special squad of changelings gathered behind her, igniting their horns. A neon green glow covered the remains of the archway that led the balcony. Changlings started swarming wildly into it, buzzing louder. Turning with her prize, Crysalis wasted no more time. She wasn’t a comic book villain. She would not stand and gloat until something went wrong. “Tata!” she called over her shoulder, stepping into the portal.

“It’s a portal! Shining Armor, nooo!” Twilight finally burst through the defensive line, galloping as hard as she could. The changling queen stepped through with an audible slurping sound. Sloppy and borrowed alicorn magic, but quite powerful. Soon following were the changelings holding the portal open. They hissed, but didn’t linger. As soon as the last one was through the portal snapped shut with a crack of parted air. Twilight threw herself forward, but slammed into a wall and stunned herself with a yelp. “Shining Armor!” she yelled, righting herself and then staggering. “Shining Armor!” she bucked against the wall, tears rushing to her eyes.

Fluttershy and Applejack were at Princess Cadence’s side. “This is a sedative bite.” Mumbled Fluttershy, pointing out the lack of breathing. “Predators use them sometimes to run, or to… to feed.” She said, wilting in a frightened way behind her mane.

“Is the Princess gonna be okay?” Rainbow Dash leaned over the pale mare worriedly. Fluttershy nodded quietly, and they lifted Cadence’s head onto the hem of her dress for comfort. “Where did they go?! We gotta go get Shiny Butt back!” the cyan Pegasus declared, struggling out of her dress and rearing up to box at the air.

“The Badlands.” Celestia was righting herself with some effort, the end of her horn scorched black. Twilight rushed to help her to her hooves. “I’m alright.” said the solar alicorn daintily, aching in the head and face. “She only stunned me long enough to grab Shining Armor.”

“She stole my brother!” Twilight shrieked, her hooves rushing over her face. Her eyes were soft and tears began. “She stole him!” the purple mare shouted. Everypony wilted. What horrors awaited Shining Armor… wherever he’d been taken?


=-----=-----=-----=-----=-----=
Thousands of Miles Away…
=-----=-----=-----=-----=-----=

“My loyal subjects!” Queen Crysalis was on a dais in front of literally hundreds of thousands of Changlings. “We have come home in victory!” She thrust a hole-filled hoof into the air. There was wild-cheering, a strange chittering sound of many wings and happy hissings. The room was massive, like an arena, lit by glowing mushrooms and hanging crystals. It looked like an underground gladiator arena, if one were frank. “And now, I bring out our prize!” There was INSTANT silence. The point of the entire changling invasion of Equestria, finally they would get to see him! “Behold!” she tossed her mane, turning to stand sideways and folding her gossamer wings. On her back was the unconscious form of a white unicorn pony. There were coos of adoration and curiosity, at which the queen grinned.

What a beautiful creature she had brought home! He was a milky white pony with a handsome face and streaked blue mane. He was soundly built, and certainly dressed for the occasion. The massive crowd jittered and pointed, nodding their approval and grinning at each other with fang-filled smiles. He was perfect! He looked strong, finely-groomed, and certainly not bad looking all in all.

“He is the brother of Princess Celestia’s protégé, Captain of the Royal Solar Guard in Canterlot, and master of mass shielding spells!” The queen continued when they were calm enough for her to be heard again. She showed him off to the crowd like the fine stallion he was, turning about so they could get a good look at him from all sides. There was more positive murmur-chittering, and she chuckled. “His name is Shining Armor, and he shall be our new Progenitor!” She reared up and accidentally dropped him on the floor in a heap, thrusting her hooves into the air. “For the Hive!” she shouted. “A victory, for the hive!” The crowd roared in response, jittering and buzzing their wings.

Shining Armor moaned, shifting slowly and turning over. “C… Cadance? Is that you?” he squinted blearily at the tall form standing next to him. Colors moved and swam about, and the figure turned to look down at him.

“Not quite, Prince charming.” Queen Crysalis tittered, smirking down at him and batting her eyelashes. “Surely I’ll do, though?” there was scattered laughter, and the stallion looked around fearfully.

“Changlings!” He threw himself to his hooves, then staggered a little. Shining Armor was still weak from holding the city-size shield for so long. He could barely stand, and Crysalis could see the quiver in his powerful back legs. “Th-there’s so many!” he turned in a slow, wide-eyed circle until he landed on the queen again. “Where have you taken me?!” he demanded.

“Home, of course!” Crysalis said, gesturing grandly. The changelings jittered in their seats. He arched his back, overwhelmed by their sheer numbers. “I stole you, Shining Armor, you belong to the hive now!”

“I don’t belong to anypony!” Shining Armor shouted savagely, scratching at the ground and making ready to charge. The queen rolled her eyes a bit. “No scratch that, I belong to Cadance! Now take me back or I’ll… I’ll…!”

“You’ll what?” Crysalis threw her head back into a bellowing laugh. “Strike me down, fight past a couple of million changelings and out of the hive, survive the badlands for a couple of thousand miles without food or water… THEN make it home to fair Equestria?” Shining Armor’s face became more and more pale with each word, and he wilted. Even at full strength he could do no such thing. Even if he managed to get out of the… what did she call it? Hive? If he was in the bad lands… that desert was nothing but tar pits, quick sand, and jagged canyons as far as the eye could see. He would die out there. He felt a hoof on his face and flinched back, growling angrily. “See now? It’s much nicer here than it is out there.” The queen snickered. “Besides, it is TECHNICALLY your wedding night. That’s cause to be excited.”

“I didn’t get married, you stopped that!” Shining Armor said, clenching his teeth and pointing his horn at her stubbornly. The changelings chattered at each other, a nervous murmur of what such an impressive-looking stallion could do to the poor queen if he got the opportunity.

“Well there was MOST of a wedding to be had, if not for Twilight Sparkle’s interference.” The queen admitted with a smirk. “Otherwise, I could’ve had you halfway to the border in a wedding carriage by now. But now, we had to take the ‘flashier’ exit.” She smiled knowingly at the crowd, who laughed with her. “I think that counts, how about you?!” she called to the crowd. They roared their approval, shaking the foundations of the massive cave.

“What’ve you done with Cadance?!” Shining demanded, staggering qeakly forward to poke the queen with his horn. The innuendo of the situation at hand was not lost a single changling in the crowd, and they roared with laughter. The queen had the good nature to blush and make a show of backing up before his powerful ‘length.’ It was playful, though still evil. “Tell me now!”

“I bit her.” The changling queen smirked, lifting her lips to show off her fangs. “Sedative changling bite. Not deadly, but she won’t wake up for days.” Shining Armor looked horrified at her. Why was his memory so fragmented?! His memory of the past week or so was so broken up and hard to see straight, why? “Now then! To business!” she came close and threw a long leg over him, pulling him close. “We have royal…. Duties to see to!” Crysalis said it like it was something scandalous, and there was more laughter and jeering. “Come along, honey!” she suddenly threw herself on his back, wrapped her legs around his undercarriage like a claw machine, and opened her wings.

“Hey! Put me down!” Shining roared, wiggling. She held him firmly and, with surprising strength, took off! The buzz was loud, but she steered about perfectly, carting her prize with her. “Hey! Not so high! Not so highhhh!” Shining Armor’s very secret phobia of high places reared its ugly head and he covered his eyes with his hooves, “Put me down!” They whizzed through long hallways that went from straight to chimney-like at a moments notice, spiraling back and forth through narrow passageways and vast open halls. The changling hive was one massive hole in the ground, lit with giant ornate display crystals, reflective mirrors and glowing fungi. It was beautiful in its own sick way, but Shining was starting to turn green. “Urghhlee…!” he moaned, putting his hooves over his mouth. Crysalis bowed her head to look at him, upside down, and grew a little alarmed.

“None of that!” said the queen, flying closer to the ground and passing long tunnels of changelings going about their business. Shining kicked all four of his legs like he was running along the ground, but it did no good to quench his vertigo. He moaned again, but finally—sweet Faust finally, she came to a stop and set him down. The stallion quavered back and forth, holding his head and trying not to be ill.

“Urghh…” Shining Armor said, putting his hoof on the wall to steady himself. The wall scree’d, and a changling that had been clinging to the wall there skittered away. He recoiled, crashed into Crysalis, and fell flat on his back. Moaning softly, he held his face.

“Mhmhmhm, oh my Progenitor, it’s alright. You’ll have time to get plenty of rest soon.” Crystalis stroked his face for a moment, which he flinched away from. Lighting her horn, she opened the ornate door she’d stopped in front of. Grabbing him like a sack of potatoes, she hauled him inside. “Out!” she commanded. Instantly, five camouflaged changelings appeared out of thin air and galloped out, tittering like the almost-insects that they were. Crysalis rolled her eyes, shutting the door firmly and locking it. “There we are!” she said, sighing aloud and folding her wings into a more relaxed position.

“Where are we?” Shining wanted to know, looking around warily. It was an oddly-shaped room to say the least. It was dome-shaped, armed with an armoire and table, a vanity and bookshelf… and what was that hanging from the ceiling.
“Let me make some adjustments…” Crystalis chuckled with all of her fangs out. The horn lit itself, and the room began to mold and change shape. Shining gasped in grand claustrophobia, rushing to stand next to her so the room didn’t decide to crush him. “There we are!” in the center of the room, dressed with hole-filled sheets, was a giant bed. Circular and covered with rune-like designs, it invited anypony who dared its changling-brand of comfort.

“Bedroom.” Shining said, backing away. “You can’t mean-!”

“Oh I do.” Crysalis smiled at him in a predatory way, her forked tongue emerging briefly to taste him. She hmmm’d at the taste of his cheek, then tried it again. He shoved her away, more than a little creeped out. She smiled, fangs extending.

“Back off! Back off, I’m telling you!” Shining Armor backed up warily, eyes wide. “And don’t try any of your weird magic on me, I’m prepared this ti--” his sentence died in his throat, for his eyes were already glowing green when she zapped him with a charming spell. The white stallion stopped where he was, a stupid and content smile melting across his face. His eyes pointed in slightly different directions, and all the tension left his body. He stood there like a bump on the log, quite docile now.

“Good boy.” She patted his head, all of her jagged teeth in a changling’s smile. “Not half-bad, I must say, mother.” Crysalis turned to regard the portrait on the wall, that of the changling queen that came before her. “I mean, I don’t think he’s good for more than a million eggs or so, but he’s a royal guard Captain so he might be endurant.” She grinned wryly at her prize. Shining Armor’s head tilted a little, the same goofy smile on his face as he stood there mutely. She nipped his neck with her fangs and his legs failed him. Gathering him up like the object he was, she took him to her bed and tied him down. “Now then, let’s see what we can do with you, huhm?” the changling queen smirked, making double-sure the door was locked and they were alone. Now she could truly feast on him. “C’mere, you big stud.” She laughed at her own joke, descending upon the helpless stallion.

End of Part 1