• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 3,301 Views, 23 Comments

Drabbles of Discord - DisneyFanatic23



A collection of vignettes taking place in the "Bride of Discord" universe.

  • ...
5
 23
 3,301

A Dog's Collar

Author's Note:

Now a little something from Fluttershy's perspective. I wish I'd kept this in, as it explained why Fluttershy never tried taking the engagement ring off, and showed more of her emotional turmoil.

Fluttershy's heart sank when she woke up and saw she was still in the room Discord had made for her. Even though it had been three days since she accepted his proposal, she had still hoped it was all a dream. If it was, it did not seem like it was to end.

Fluttershy knew Discord would be calling her for breakfast soon. She was too nauseous to eat at the moment. She crawled out of bed and trotted over to the vanity. Fluttershy did not like mirrors. She never liked what she saw. What she saw now was a scared pony with darkened eyes from lack of sleep. Her eyes then wandered to the diamond ring around her neck.

This ring had been the seal to the deal she and Discord had made. It was a symbol that she belonged to him now, like a collar on a dog. It made her angry.

She gripped the confounded piece of jewelry, wanting to rip it off her neck, but no matter how hard she tugged, the chain would not break. Then she tried lifting it over her head, but it was not wide enough. She reached behind her neck and searched for a clasp, but there was none!

Fluttershy groaned in realization. Discord had made this so it would never leave her neck.

Discord. Once upon a time, that name would make her shiver in fear. Now, it made her blood boil with hatred.

Despite the necessities he had granted her, she knew he did not really care for her. If he did, he would not be treating her like a pet.

Then what did he want from her?