• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 3,309 Views, 23 Comments

Drabbles of Discord - DisneyFanatic23



A collection of vignettes taking place in the "Bride of Discord" universe.

  • ...
5
 23
 3,309

Chaotic Tour

Author's Note:

Gosh I wish I'd kept this idea in the final fic. Not sure why I left it out. This part was meant to be another moment of Discord impressing Fluttershy, and showing more the Castle of Chaos. I mean it IS huge.

It was her second day in Discord's castle and Fluttershy was still overwhelmed with the situation. Discord was not making it any easier for her.

She did not mind the big breakfast, though she did not have much of an appetite that morning, especially after he had given her the jade bracelet. When it became clear to Discord that she was not going to eat any more, he offered her a tour of the castle.

"There are precisely one hundred and thirty-seven rooms in this castle," he explained, "and I've found use for all of them! Trust me when I say you will never be bored here!"

"That's great, but..." Fluttershy crossed her back legs. "Could you show me the bathroom first?"

The bathroom was enormous, the bathtub being fifty feet wide and the shower a waterfall. Fluttershy quickly rushed to one of the two doors leading to a toilet. When she was done with her business, she was reluctant to come out, knowing Discord was standing right outside.

"Darling?" he called, knocking on the door. "Could you hurry it up in there? We have a hundred and thirty-four rooms left to go!"

"But we've only seen one," Fluttershy said.

"We've seen the bathroom, plus the dining room and your room. That's three. Now are you done? We've got a lot of ground to cover!"

The pegasus sighed in defeat. She could not lock herself in the bathroom forever.

Next, he showed her the swimming pool, the tennis courts, the roller rink, the movie theatre, the library, the bouncy room and many other rooms he had created. Some doors led to random things like a room filled with oranges or with cotton candy walls. By the time they got to the last door, Fluttershy was very dizzy.

"And this," Discord said, opening the upside-down door, "is my room."

The bed was on the ceiling and the only other piece of furniture was a full-length mirror. Fluttershy raised an eyebrow, as she had expected his room to be more chaotic. She turned around and realized that his room was only a few feet away from hers. That did not make her feel comfortable.

"It's amazing, isn't it?" Discord asked. "Maybe I should get a part-time job at interior design!"

"It's nice," Fluttershy sighed.

He frowned when he looked at her face for the hundredth time that morning. Just like all those other times, she was not smiling. He had expected her to at least be in awe with all he had created. After all, how many castles have a bouncy room?

Alas, she was as moody as she was the day before. He was not sure why, but he wanted to see her smile at least once.

Each time he looked at her, he would be reminded of how pretty she was. He had exaggerated all the compliments he had given her, but he had to admit to himself that she was attractive for a pony. He did not forget how she had looked onstage at the Grand Galloping Gala. She had been more than just attractive that evening. She had looked...well, beautiful. And as she sang, she had smiled, which made her even more beautiful.

That beauty was still there, but now, it looked...sad. He had to cheer her up somehow.

"So, what do you want to do first?" Discord inquired.

"Uh..." Fluttershy stammered. "I think I'll just go back to my room."

He raised an eyebrow as she turned to walk away.

"That's it? After I showed you all the exciting things you can do in this castle?"

"I just...want some time alone, if you don't mind."

"Have I mentioned you look radiant today?"

"Yes."

Discord bit his lip. He had to try something else. He teleported in front of her, blocking her path.

"I mean it!" he insisted. He waved his claw and a single red rose appeared. "Here." He held the flower out to her. "For you, my dear."

Fluttershy took the rose in her hoof and stared at it wearily. It was beautiful, and a part of her thought it was sweet of Discord to give it to her. She gazed up into his red and yellow eyes. They seemed so desperate and pleading.

She thought about what Zecora had said, that the Lord of Chaos was just desperate for love and acceptance. Did he truly mean it when he said she was beautiful? Did he want her to fall in love with him because he was in love with her?

She was not sure if she wanted him to be in love with her. After all, he had forbidden her to leave the castle, thus cutting her off from her friends and the rest of the world. Sure, he had given her a nice room and made sure she did not starve, but what had he really done to deserve her love?

She looked back at the rose and sighed.

"It's lovely."

Discord's heart sank when no smile appeared.

"So are you," he declared.

She did not reply and walked past him to her room. Discord should have felt angry when she closed the door, but instead a wave of sadness passed over him.

So far, his engagement wasn't going well. When he had asked for a bride, he expected a sweet mare to smile for him, admire his chaos, or even go so far as to hold his paw. Instead, his beautiful bride hated him. She would never admit it to him, but he could see it in her eyes. There was no love or even the slightest trace of happiness, only fear, sadness and contempt.

Then again, he should have expected this. What mare would fall for him on the spot?

He had been so excited. For the first time in eons, he did not eat alone. But did she eat? Hardly. Everything he offered her, she looked at like it was poison. And the gifts he had given her, tokens of affection, that were far less chaotic than he was used to yet still dazzling, she had dismissed them as if they were worthless trinkets.

He was so confused. Didn't mares love living in luxury? Didn't they love receiving gifts?

Of all the mares he had to end up with, it had to be the one who was the exception to the rule.