• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 3,309 Views, 23 Comments

Drabbles of Discord - DisneyFanatic23



A collection of vignettes taking place in the "Bride of Discord" universe.

  • ...
5
 23
 3,309

Now What?

Author's Note:

So these are not to be uploaded in any particular order (except maybe in the order that I dig them out of the archives). Also, I have no record of when exactly I wrote these particular bits, but I'm pretty sure I wrote this drabble after "Bride of Discord" was finished, as an afterthought as to Discord's motives behind impressing Fluttershy with gifts.

This takes place right after Fluttershy is brought to the castle and she faints.

Kind of wish I'd put something like this in the final chapter, but I guess I wanted to keep Discord's motives ambiguous for the time being.

Discord gazed in triumph at the mare who lay unconscious on the daybed he had summoned for her. As much as he hated to admit it, she was quite beautiful. It was strange, because he had never considered a pony beautiful in his life. But when he looked at the mare's fair and innocent face, he found it hard to take his eyes off her. He could not resist the urge to reach out his claw and gently touch her mane. He ran his talons through the pink strands, enjoying the silkiness of them. His claw then moved down her back. Never in his life had he ever felt anything so soft.

He circled the daybed, so he could look at her from every angle, as if he had not gotten a good enough look at her already. He searched for a flaw in her appearance, but found none. Her hair, her coat, her wings were all so...perfect. She was like a delicate flower, one of nature's masterpieces. She radiated with beauty without even trying.

Funny. Usually, he hated all things natural, even flowers, but this pegasus seemed to be an exception. And to think she was all his.

He could not believe it. He had a bride! He was going to be married! He was going to spend the rest of eternity with this beautiful mare! He would never again be alone! His heart swelled with happiness at the thought.

He then remembered who his bride was: Fluttershy, the Element of Kindness herself! He then realized if Fluttershy grew to care for him, the ponies would be one Element short, which meant they could not turn him back to stone.

"Even better," he sneered to himself.

He looked back at the sleeping mare. If he played his cards right, he would be free to take over Equestria and, as an added bonus, get a beautiful queen!

It was too perfect! There was just one problem.

She hated him.

At least, that was what he figured. She feared him, at least. His wife or not, she would not hesitate to use her Element of Harmony against him, especially after practically kidnapping her. Sure, she had agreed to marry him, but only because she wanted to save the princesses, not because she wanted him. He wanted her to want him. That had been the whole point of this arrangement!

He needed to be wanted by some pony. A special pony. One that would not treat him like a villain, but an ordinary creature, and show him the love he had been denied all these years.

This pegasus sleeping on the daybed was probably the best candidate. With her sweet nature, maybe she could learn to look past his exterior and love what was underneath.

He had to show her he was not just a monster, and he knew how. He would treat her like a queen, give her everything she desired, as he had promised.

When he looked back at her on the daybed, he realized that if she was going to live here, she needed a place to sleep. He stiffened as he recalled that married couples often share a bed. He shook his head before his thoughts could go further.

"One step at a time, Discord," he muttered. "Get her to like you first."

He would make her a room, one fit for a queen. He did not know how long she was going to be out, so he had to act quickly.