• Published 24th Sep 2018
  • 6,603 Views, 57 Comments

Daughter of the Moon - NyxJackson



Luna finally finds her daughter, after 1,000 years, and is shocked on how she grew up without her.

  • ...
6
 57
 6,603

To the castle

Author's Note:

A little thing for you guys to remember:

yelling

’thoughts’, letters, or Flashbacks

Extreme Yelling. (Or Luna's Announcing voice


Timeskips or POV changes



Letter incoming



Hope this makes sense.

To the Castle!


“Twilight! Princess Celestia sent a letter.” I heard Spike say, tiredly. I looked at Spike, to see him holding a letter out, and tell him to go back to bed as I use my magic to get the letter. He just said okay and walked slowly back to his bed.

I giggle slightly, from seeing him tiredly making his way up the stairs. I look back at the letter, confused. ’Why would Celestia send a letter so early in the morning?’ I wondered. ’I’m sure i turned in my friendship lesson, yesterday......right??’

I stop myself from panicking, about a possibly late due letter, and open up the letter to see what it says.



To my Faithful Student,

I have a small request for you. Luna and I would like for you to come by to the Castle today, of course, you don’t have to come when you get this letter. Don’t worry, it’s not a test or anything. We would just like to talk. I, sincerely, apologize for asking you this so suddenly.

From, Your amazing teacher, Princess Celestia.



Come to the castle? What for? With Princess Luna?? I reread the letter to check if I read it right. Princess Celestia just wants to talk? About what and why so suddenly? Most importantly, When?


Twilight’s Logic: If Celestia wants to talk to her, it’s something serious or bad.


Canterlot Castle

Celestia was in the middle of reading Twilight’s Friendship Letter, until she heard a knock on her door. She got up and opened the door to see a very nervous Luna. “Well, your up early.” Celestia told her, almost, impressed. She looked closer to see dark bags under her little sister’s eyes.

“Did you work hard with your dream job?” Celestia asked her. Luna just shook her head. “Did you have to answer a lot of questions, about you being there?” She asked. Luna shook her head again. There was a pause. “Did you sleep at all?” Celestia finally asked her. She sighed, as Luna shook her head.

“I was too excited and nervous to fall asleep.” Luna yawned, as she walked in Celestia’s room and began to pace around. Celestia tried her best not to laugh at her sister as she used her magic to straighten the crooked crown on her head. “There’s no reason to be nervous about it, Luna. Everything will be fine.” She told her, softly, “This is nothing to lose sleep over.”

“But, you don’t know that. What if she doesn’t like me? What if she doesn’t believe me?? Or accept me as her actual mother? How am I suppose to explain that anyway?! ‘Hi, I’m Princess Luna and your birth mother?!’ She might think I’m crazy! What if she hates me? Or fears me?? What would I do, then?!? I need to prepare for the worse, so I can do my best to avoid it!” Luna finished, taking a deep breath.

’I guess paranoia runs in the family.’, Celestia thought with a small smile. “Luna, calm down. I’m sure that’s not going to happen.” She said, watching Luna pace in a circle. “And even if something like that does happen, I’ll help in the best way I can.” Luna stopped to look at Celestia in a way that said, ‘Are you sure?’ Celestia nodded.

Luna plopped down, in the middle of her circle, and sighed relieved. “Okay, I’ll trust you.” She started, “But if something does go wrong-“ “Luna..” Luna looked at Celestia, after hearing her voice, to see her sister staring at her intensely, interrupting her sentence. “I know... I’m overreacting.” Luna told her.

Celestia walked over to her sister and wrapped an arm around her. “You just got to think positive, about it. If anything like that does happen. I’m sure you can handle it, Lu-Lu.” Luna pouted at her nickname and nodded, to show she understood. Celestia smiled at her sister, as a golden aura surrounded her little sister, “Now go get ready, I’m sure she’s on her way.” Luna, too surprised that Celestia’s magic wrapped around her so suddenly, was thrown out her older sister’s room.

Celestia laughed to herself, as she heard Luna’s fits of anger from the other side of her door. ’Did I give Twilight a time?’ She asked herself. ’Knowing her, she might be getting ready to come, now.’ Celestia thought, to herself, looking out her window.


“So, let me get this straight... Princess Celestia wants you to go to her castle, to talk, with Princess Luna, and you’re bringing letters??” Rainbow Dash said, trying to explain. I rolled my eyes at her. “I’m not just bringing letters, these are my notes of what I’ve learned, so far.” I told her. I was walking to the train, to head to Canterlot. There’s nothing wrong with being a little early.

“But Twilight, Darlin’, you’re going to the Princesses. At least wear something a little more adequate.” I heard Rarity say. “I’m sure what I’m wearing is fine, Rarity. Besides, I haven’t dressed up to meet Princess Celestia before. Why do it now?” I said, turning to her.

“Because, you’re seeing Princess Celestia and Princess Luna! Since, Luna doesn’t know you, as well as Celestia does, it maybe different with her.” Rarity explained. She started to rant about how it was 1,000 years ago and explaining what I should have worn.

To be honest, she does have a point, Luna might still be use to how things were 1,000 years ago. Princess Luna seems like she sticks with how things were. I’m sure, She’s gotten use to how thing are now. Besides-

“I’m sure, Celestia talked to her about me and how close we are. Everything should be fine.” I told Rarity, trying calming her down. I could see she wasn’t exactly convinced, but she nodded anyway. I smiled and turned back around, towards the train, to see Pinkie right in front of my face. I jumped back, from her sudden appearance.

“Here’s some chimi-cherry-changas, for the princesses! To show Luna, she’s always welcomed to Ponyville!” She said, putting the treats to my face. I could only say okay as I took the treats and put them in my bag, carefully.

“Tell them it’s a Pinkie Pie original! I just thought of it a few hours ago. They are the best things I’ve ever made!” She said, jumping into the air, confetti coming from her out of nowhere. “The Princesses are going to be the first to try these tasty treats!” I just stared at Pinkie, as she froze in the air, before realizing something.

“The train’s going to leave soon. I should board on now. Remember to tell AppleJack and Fluttershy where I am.” I say to the three girls. “Take care of Spike for me too, Rarity.” I tell Rarity, as I walk on board. Rarity nodded, with a smile.

I look out the window to see Rarity, Rainbow, and Pinkie, who was still in the air, waving at me before walking away. I kept my eyes on Pinkie, as the laws of gravity caught up to her, causing her to fall as she tried to walk, in the air. I shook my head at the sight and giggle slightly. Pinkie takes a lot to get use to.

I take out a book from one of my bags and open it, to pass by time, on the train. ‘I do hope everything is okay...’ I thought to myself, with a sigh.

But, I wasn’t expecting something like that to happen