• Published 24th Sep 2018
  • 6,660 Views, 57 Comments

Daughter of the Moon - NyxJackson



Luna finally finds her daughter, after 1,000 years, and is shocked on how she grew up without her.

  • ...
6
 57
 6,660

What Happened?

What Happened


“Why are we here, Big Sister?” Luna asked as she landed and walked inside the Castle of Two Sisters. Celestia said nothing and continued to walk through the castle, in deep thought. Luna furrowed her brows and followed her, silently. They slowly walked towards Luna’s old room, you could only hear the sound of their hoofs clopping on the floor.

“1,000 years ago, after you were banished, I went to your room to mourn, for not helping you sooner.” Celestia started, “While I was there, I heard a noise coming from the wall.” They went inside Luna’s old room. Luna stayed quiet as Celestia continued, “Within the wall was a secret room. At first, I thought it was your little hiding spot, from whenever you disappeared. But it was too small to be in for the amount of time you would be gone. When I went inside, I saw this.”

Celestia opened up the wall and showed the old lavender paint torn off the walls, the old toys and stuffed animals scattered across the floor, an unused bottle on a crusty table in the corner, and there was a withered and torn blue crib in the center of the room. Luna looked at the room before her, with teary eyes. “It’s just how I left it..” she muttered quietly. She, hesitantly, walked inside. She looked around as she made her way to the old crib. She looked inside to see.

“Nothing’s here?” Luna looked at Celestia, confused. Celestia followed her inside and continued her story. “When I looked inside the crib 1,000 years ago. I saw a filly. A unicorn filly with a lavender coat and dark blue hair. But I couldn’t see her eyes. They were closed to tightly, from pain. Saying she was sick would be a understatement. She was contaminated with the darkness that corrupted you and it was killing her.” Luna’s ears flattened as she looked back at the crib, her head hanging low.

“Luckily, I was able to save her, but for some reason she became unresponsive. She wasn’t speaking, growing, moving, half the time I feared she wasn’t breathing. I was terrified that I killed her, the only thing I had left of you. But sometimes I would see her move, ever so slightly. Those small moments made me have hope and, strangely, she only moved during the night. Time past, I got a new castle and moved her inside. Anyway, I’ve watched over her for 100 years and still the same progress.” Luna was on the verge of crying, from her sister’s words. Until.

Luna’s ears and happiness perked hearing the rest of Celestia’s story. “A few years ago, between 18-19 years before you came back, I recived news about her. When I checked on her, her eyes were wide open. She was looking around, moving! She was talking, gibberish of course. But she was healthy. It was like nothing bad happened. She was perfectly fine.” Celestia ended, smiling widely at her sister.

“Thank the stars...” Luna said, quietly, as she wiped her tears away. “So, what happened to her? Where is she now?” She asked her. Celestia paused, to gather up the right words, as she left her sister’s old room. “I gave her away.” Luna was about to yell at her sister’s actions but a light pink hoof, in front of her mouth, stopped her. “I know, it seems like a bad idea, but I couldn’t take care of a filly with everything going on. So, I’m sorry if my option seemed rash. Besides, the family that I gave her to took excellent care of her” Celestia told her. Luna was silent, but nodded to show she understood as they started to walk around the castle, until they reached the entrance.

Celestia took a small, soft, glance at her before telling her, “She tried to go my school, just so you know.” Luna perked up at the statement. “Really??” Celestia just nodded. “How did she do?” Luna asked. “Well, It was certainly unseen. She’s quite powerful.” Luna smiled slightly before frowning. “I wish I could be with her again, or at least see her.” “You can meet her.” Celestia said. “What?” “I said, you can meet her. I can tell her to come by castle for you to see her.” Celestia explained, to her little sister. “Really?” Luna asked her, her voice soft and filling with excitement. “Of course, just tell me when you want to see-“ “Tomorrow! I want to see her as soon as possible!” Luna shouted, interrupting her sister. Celestia was caught off-guard by her sister’s eagerness. “O-okay, I’ll make sure she comes by the castle tomorrow.” Luna smiled widely and hugged Celestia, “Thank you, ‘Tia!” She said before taking off to the castle.

Celestia smiled as her sister’s figure disappeared in the distance. She looked back at the castle behind her before opening her wings and taking off herself. When she got to the castle, in Canterlot, she checked and caught up on her duties and assignments before it was time to lower the sun. When she finished them all, she lowered the sun and went to her room. As Luna lifted the moon, Celestia started to write a letter.



’To my Faithful Student,

I have a request for you-


Before Celestia sent the letter, she looked at Luna’s night and sighed. “Hopefully, this goes well.” She said to herself. “Most importantly, I hope I didn’t ruin anything with this letter.” There was a pause as she reread her letter, to see if it was okay to send. “I should write something different, maybe for a mysterious approach.” Celestia used her magic to ball up the paper and get another sheet. “Okay, let’s try this again.”

Celestia ended up rewriting the letter 10 times that night. “Should I send it now or?” She also ended up debating for 12 minutes, for when she should send the letter. Result: She ended up sending a version of the first letter early in the morning.


Author's Note:

Well, this is a late question but... do ponies have eyebrows?? :unsuresweetie: