• Published 21st Sep 2018
  • 1,277 Views, 12 Comments

Aim for the Stars - Cirrus Sky



Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle are going to be the best in their fields. They might just help each other get there.

  • ...
1
 12
 1,277

Epilogue

As the rest of the crew disembarked and celebrated in their own ways, choosing the spot they wanted to fly the flags and pointing out nearby things of interest, Rainbow kept hold of Twilight's hand.

She switched her radio to Twilight's channel. “Hey Twilight. Can I talk to you a moment?” There was a brief pause, the hand in hers squeezed.

“Of course you can Rainbow.” Twilight turned to face her, switching her faceplate to a less reflective finish. Rainbow copied her, they could see each others' faces.

“A long long time ago I told you my dream. You supported me, without laughing or taking it anything but seriously.” Rainbow began, taking Twilight's other hand. “You helped without knowing it and you helped me in college too. I would never have gone for a Masters without your belief in me.”

“Rainbow...” Twilight closed the gap between them as best she could.

“Now it was your know-how and inventions that made it possible for us to be here.” Rainbow smiled. “But I've done that dream now. First Person on Mars, first Woman on Mars. I've got to get a new dream.” She pressed her faceplate to Twilight's. “I can only think of one that is worthy of following up taking humankind's first step on Mars.”

“What's that?” Twilight looked puzzled a moment, wondering if Jupiter or Saturn was her next goal.

“Will you marry me?” Rainbow said, not quite so confident but still certain. “Getting to Mars wasn't required, but this... This was always going to happen as soon as we set off from Earth. I want to spend forever with you Twilight Sparkle.”

“Yes.” Twilight freed her hands so she could embrace Rainbow, spacesuits be damned. “Yes I will marry you.”

Comments ( 5 )

Well that will be hard to top there Rainbow Dash. I doubt that will be topped for a very long time.

I’m tempted to become an astronaut with my best friend just to do this.

So, when I’ve had a bad day and pop on FiMFiction asking for some fun, well written fluff?

This is exactly what I’m asking for.

Thank you kindly.

I'm content

YAY!!!

Login or register to comment