• ...
4
 81
 3,082

Luna and His Dream

Five minutes earlier...

It was a normal night for Luna. She was doing her duties, making sure everypony was having a good nights sleep. She just finished checking most of the dreams in Canterlot, with a few ponies having nightmares, in which she helped them overcome the night terrors. After finally completing that task, she moved onto Ponyville, a place filled with ponies that had amazing dreams, or a small minor night terror.

As she went to see the dreams of the citizens of Ponyville, she remembered helping Scootaloo with her fear of Rainbow Dash not accepting her. She smiled at the memory. Moving through their dreams quickly, checking up on them, she came to one dream in particular. It was coming from the same new visitor she saw the other night.

"This is from the same pony as before..." Luna said to herself, remembering the disturbing dream they had the other night. She had no idea what happened at the end, but it seemed like whatever that women creature was, it was blaming a small child for something, before walking into a door, where two big metal things collided. She tried to get the child's attention, but as soon as she touched him, he woke up.

Luna didn't really think of it at first, thinking it was just her imagination, though the feeling that dream gave her never really left her.

"Maybe this dream can shed some light on the situation." She said to herself, before closing her eyes and entering the dream. Once she felt that she was inside the dream, she creaked her eyes opened. It looked like she was in some sort of small room, with nothing inside but a door and noises coming from the other side of it. She walked over to the door, trying to hear what the noise on the other side was. She heard the voice of what sounded like a small colt.

"Don't go out?" It asked, with confusion. "Who wrote this on the window? Why would they even tell me not to leave?" Suddenly, Luna heard the door open and whatever was in the other room leaving. She saw this as her time to enter the other room, As she did, she found only a torn up mess of what seemed to be some sort of hotel room.

"I wonder where that colt went..." Luna said to herself, drawing her attention to the opened door that leads into a hallway. She saw a small bipedal creature making its way down the hallway. She followed slowly behind. She wanted to see if this was the source of the dream, or if somepony was dreaming of this creature. As she got closer to him, he turned a corner, disappearing from her field of vision.

"Where is he going...?" She whispered quietly to herself, as she also turned the corner. She froze, as she saw him standing still. He seemed to be in shock over something. She looked down the hallway, trying to see what it was that he was so shocked about. What she saw was a metal door with a line down the middle and something above it.

There was a screen counting down numbers to something. Once it reached floor seven, that metal door split apart, revealing a creature.

Luna gasped, as she laid eyes on the monster. It looked like it was in some sort of pain. Three things that looked like straps were wrapped tightly around its head, drawing a red liquid from its skull and sharp blades were poking out of the torso.

"What in the world?!" Luna gasped, as it started moving. The child said something under his breath, being too incoherent to hear. As soon as it moved under a pair of light bulbs, they blew out. The child slowly started to back up, but as soon as he did, the monster moved faster, causing the lightbulbs to go out faster and faster.

The child started to run the other direction at a fast pace. He right past Luna, too afraid and shocked to even notice her. Luna quickly turned her head to his direction, about to shout for him to wait, but she heard the creature's footsteps getting closer and closer and the lightbulbs going out faster and faster.

"I have to run!" Luna said to herself, taking off in the same direction as the child. He turned the hallway, as she also did. "Hey wait!" The child didn't hear her as he just kept running. Luna tried using her magic to teleport in front of him, but for some reason, her horn wasn't working. She tried using her magic to make the creature go away but to no avail.

"What the...? Why isn't any of my magic working?!" She shouted. In the midst of all the confusion, she didn't notice the creature ran right past her, leaving Luna in the darkness. She stood still, not daring to make a single sound, as the creature at this point could be anywhere.

Her ear's failed her, as she couldn't even hear its footsteps anymore. Did it move ahead of her? Did it go somewhere else? She didn't know, that was until she heard an ear piercing scream coming from further down the hallway. She turned her head to the direction and without thinking about it, started to run to see the source of the scream.

She got closer and closer to the source. She felt like she could reach out a hoof and touch whoever was screaming, but before she could, the dream ended, throwing her back out. She looked around the dreamscape, with a shocked look on her face. Those screams weren't ones of terror, they were ones of pain and suffering.

What in Celestia's name is going on?! I have to go to Ponyville tomorrow. I need to find out what's happening... Luna thought. She would deal with it tomorrow, but for now, she still had a lot of work to do.

Author's Note:

This chapter isn't really a chapter, just a point of view from a different character. I'll have to do chapters like these when I'm busy with school and stuff.