• ...
4
 81
 3,082

Chapter 1

Twilight was sitting in her library. She didn't have a lot to do, considering all of her plans that she did have were already done. So, today was a relaxing day for her. Sitting back, reading a book that she randomly picked from her bookshelf. As her eyes followed the words on the paper, she had a bored look on her. She had already read this book, along with almost every single book in the library. She thought about other things she could do.

Maybe I can go talk to my friends... No, they told me that they were all busy today. Spike went out to Rarity's to help her with the new line up she's been working on Twilight's eyes were no longer on the book she was reading, but on her surroundings. The most that was in there was her bookshelves.

"Maybe I should go out..." Twilight wondered to herself. She could go out for a walk and get a good stretch, plus she could get a few things from a store. It would be better than sitting in the library reading books that she had already read. She closed the book in front of her and went to the front door. She used her magic with little effort to open it.

Twilight felt the nice cool breeze against her face, as she stepped outside. She looked around at the ponies walking around. It looked like everyone was enjoying there day, making Twilight crease a small smile. she always enjoyed seeing ponies having a good day. As she walked, she felt like she was missing something. When she realized that, she stopped in her tracks and thought about.

What could I've missed? Wait, my saddlebag. Dang it, I could have picked up some stuff up. Twilight thought to herself, as she mentally slapped herself for forgetting it. She thought about going back to go get it, but was it really worth it?

I'll just get some groceries later. I'm too tired from reading all day, I just want to have a nice walk. Twilight thought. She sighed and kept walking, saying hi to any ponies who she ran into. As she walked towards the exit to Ponyville, her eyes caught sight of a crowd of ponies near the entrance and exit to the small town. Her face turned to confusion, as she heard the noise of chatter coming from the ponies. She walked up to the crowd to see what all the commotion was about.

"What's going on over here?" Twilight asked one of the ponies in the crowd. A pony turned around, her face was hard to read. It was a mix of confusion, concern, and other expressions that she couldn't read.

"Somepony's been saying that they found a creature outside of Ponyville." The pony replied. Twilights interest peaked when she heard this.

"What did it look like?" She asked. The other pony thought for a moment, before replying.

"From what I heard, it was small, like a colt or filly, it was standing on two legs, had no fur and was wearing what I would think is clothes, and it had some sort of look of horror in its eyes. That's what I just heard anyway..." She answered. Twilight closed her eyes and thought about it. There weren't that many creatures in Equestria that were bipedal, let alone ones without any fur. It would explain the clothes.

"Hmmm, where is it now?" She asked the pony.

"I don't know..." She replied. "After it saw us, one pony tried to say hello, but it ran off before she could ask it if it needed help or something." This was something new for Twilight. A possible new species here in Equestria, that sounded like something she could research.; However, there was one thing that would stop her from doing that.

The pony said that it had a look of terror in its face. If this was true, then that meant it was afraid of all the ponies possibly. Twilight wouldn't just study it without its consent, that would be a horrible thing to do. It would also make it feel like it's in a hopeless situation, which isn't good for the mental state of mind. If she wanted to study it, she would have to earn its trust and study him in a way that wouldn't hurt him.

"I guess I could try to find it..." Twilight said out loud, though the pony she was speaking with was already gone. Since she had no pony to stop her, and she didn't want to go back to the library right now, she decided she could at least try and find it. She put on a determined look, as she walked outside the town, in search of the creature.

As she did, another thought popped into her head. The pony also said it was small like a colt or filly. Could it be a child? If that were the case, she couldn't leave it out all by itself if it had no one else to take care of it. But it also could be dangerous. She just didn't know, and she wouldn't know until she found it.

Hopefully, it's nearby, while it would be interested to study it, I also want to make sure it's safe out there Twilight thought, as her search for the creature began.


Zachary was in the forest again, looking at a lake he found. He stared at the reflection he saw, with a sigh. He had a lot to think over. Did he really see that? A town full of ponies, who were talking? There was only one thing he could really think of. The way the forest changed when he walked through it, maybe he crossed over to another world. It would explain the way everything just changed, but the question was how did he get here. Why is he here now? It didn't make sense.

Maybe I should try to talk to them, maybe they're nice... He thought in his head. Then again, not everyone he met was nice. They could be dangerous. Who knows, they could throw fruit at him just for walking into town and not doing anything to provoke them. What other choice did he have? Stay out in this weird forest all night with no shelter in the cold, or try to talk with them.

I don't know what to do... Zachary mentally sighed to himself. The only pony who did talk to him simply said "Hello?" Before he ran off in a panic. After staring at his reflection for a while, he decided to get up and try to get out of the forest, which seemed to be darker than he remembered. He remembered the name of the forest because someone left a sign on one of the trees near the entrance. It was called the "Everfree Forest" It was a weird name for a forest, but he wasn't one to judge.

He started to walk on the trail again, the sounds of his footsteps crunching rocks was somewhat loud. Loud enough to attract something to him. As he walked, his nose could pick up the smell of something. Something that reminded him of the smell in the bathroom he was in earlier, but worse than that. It made him want to puke. He used his shirt to cover his nose, but that couldn't block out the smell. He turned around to look for the source of it, and let out a small horrified gasp.

In the darkness, rested a pair of green, glowing eyes staring back at him. His eyes winded, as his legs seemed to have a mind of their own, as they started bolting in the other direction. As he ran, he heard heavy footsteps behind him. He turned his head, and his heart dropped. There was a tall. wolve figure made out of dark wood, its green eyes staring hungrily the smell of its breath was almost unbearable.

"Ah!" Zachary screamed as he felt a claw come into rough contact with his back. Thankfully, it wasn't enough to make him bleed, but it did hurt, and it did ruin his shirt. He ran off the trail and hid behind a tree. The Timberwolf lost sight of him. It turned his head left to right, trying to locate its prey.

Zachary was keeping his mouth covered, trying to stay as quiet as possible. The Timberwolf was getting closer, and closer to the tree he was hiding behind. He looked around for anything he could use against it, and all he could find was a rock. He came up with an idea. He quickly picked up the rock and threw it in a random direction. It caught the Timberwolf's attention, and he ran in the direction of the noise. As soon as it was out of sight, Zachary got up and started to run again. It was harder to do so, as his back was in pain from the strike the Timberwolf did to him. He felt water in the corner of his eyes, as he just ran. It was going to get dark soon, as he just decided the best thing was to get back to that town he found. It was the only option he had, he just hoped they weren't going to be as horrible as that wooden wolf. Right now though, for the first time, he felt hopeless.


As Luna's moon shined down on Ponyville, there was Twilight, who was walking around. She had been searching for the creature for hours but came up with nothing. She searched ponyville, The everfree, everywhere. She wasn't sure if she missed him while searching in one of the locations, but she was too tired to continue her search. So, she was on her way back to the library, wanting nothing more than to just lay down, and get some sleep. The library came into view, it wasn't that far. When she reached the door, she heard something. It sounded like whimpering. A young colt to be exactly, and it was coming from the side of the library.

"What is that...?" Twilight asked herself, as she made her way to the side of the large tree. What she saw, was a small shadowy figure. That was the source of the whimpering. As she gets closer to it, she could make out more distinct features of it. It was small, had no fur, and was wearing clothes just like the pony said earlier, but she noticed something about the clothes. It looked like something clawed into his shirt. It didn't take long for him to notice her presence, and once he did, he gasped and got up, trying to back up, but due to the pain, he fell back down.

"P-please don't hurt me...!" He pleaded with her. Twilight was shocked. This was the creature they were talking about. Her determination to find out about it as almost gone, as she could sense the fear in him. She had no idea what to do. She thought about what Fluttershy would do. The creature obviously didn't feel safe around her yet.

As Twilight wanted was to ensure that everything was going to be okay. Twilight snapped out of her thoughts, her attention turned back to the small thing, who was still on the ground, and was still crying. Twilight put on a soft smile, she approached the creature.

"Hey... Hey, it's okay..." Twilight tried to comfort him as best as she could. Zachary looked up at her, his fear seemed to disappear as he looked up at her. Something about her seemed familiar. Like he met her before, but he just couldn't remember where. His mind calmed, as he realized that this pony wasn't going to hurt him. He had met people before who gave him bad vibes, but she didn't give him any. He got up onto his feet, flinching as he felt pain travel up his spine. Twilight noticed this, a look of concern washed over her face.

"What happened to you... Are you okay...?" She asked, and Zachary looked up at her.

"Y-yeah... something clawed me in the woods..." He replied, rubbing his arm. Twilight had a good idea of what it was. Just by looking at the slash in his shirt, she could tell it was a timber wolf. She decided to try and introduce herself.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle... Do you have a name?" She asked the young child. It took a little bit for him to responded, but he did eventually.

"My name is Zachary Baker... I'm six..." He said. Twilight gasped. She knew he was young, but she didn't think he was that young.

"Six?! And you're all alone out here?" Twilight asked, and Zachary just nodded. She couldn't just leave him out in the cold, so she felt like she was responsible for this creature, until either his parents came back or something else happens.

"Well, Zachary, why don't you stay with me for a bit, until we can find whoever is taking care of you, I would feel bad if I left you out in the cold..." She said, with a soft smile. Zachary, seeing no other option, just nodded his head in agreement. Twilight smiled warmly at him.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. Promise."

Author's Note:

Each song I put in Here is supposed to symbolize something, Here is the first one.

You guess what this one means.