• Published 11th Nov 2018
  • 1,841 Views, 30 Comments

Twilight Sparkle Fools Around With A Lightsaber - DmitriTheWriter



Twilight Sparkle finds a lightsaber outside of her door. Hilarity ensues.

  • ...
2
 30
 1,841

Not Your Father's Lightsaber

It was a beautiful morning in Ponyville. The sun was shining brilliantly off of the roofs of the houses, there was nary a cloud in the sky, and the ponies of the town were going about their days with big smiles on their faces. Directly in front of Twilight Sparkle's crystal palace, a portal opened up and dropped a decorated, cylindrical object, wrapped up in a little bow tie on her doormat, seemingly for no good reason at all.

Inside the crystal palace itself, Twilight Sparkle looked up from her mountain of books and research about the modern day applications of pyromancy strewn across the Cutie Map and gazed at the large grandfather clock above her front door. The time read 11:30 a.m. It was time for Twilight to meet her friends for lunch.

"Spike!" Twilight called. "It's time to go! Wake up!"

Spike opened one of the doors slowly, his eyes held at barely more than a squint, holding on to the doorway as if he were an old stallion holding onto his walker to move. He rubbed his eyes with his one free claw. "Does this have to be right now, Twilight?"

"Yes!" Twilight replied. "I promised that I would go to lunch with my friends today, and as far as I recall, you did too."

Spike groaned as he shuffled towards the center of the room, tossing his nightgown haphazardly on the floor. Twilight opened her front doors, and there it lay. A strange, decorated cylinder adorned with more lights and buttons than Twilight thought was necessary, or indeed even possible. The weird cylindrical object seemed to beckon to Twilight, calling out to her to pick it up and examine it. It looked almost exactly like how a force blade from Twilight's favorite science fiction book series, Planet Wars, is described as looking like, and the decorations made her think specifically of the one owned by a character called Pony-Wan Kenobi.

"What the..." Twilight undid the bow tie and picked up the strange gadget. She turned to Spike, who was still busy rubbing the morning cobwebs out of his eyes. "Spike, did you have something delivered here recently?"

"No, I didn't," Spike answered. "Why?"

"Huh, strange," Twilight tried one of the buttons on the thing, and what seemed to be a green blade of pure energy erupted with a tshewww from the open end of the object, surprising her. "Whoa!"

Spike's eyes widened at the sight of it. "Whoa indeed. What is that, Twilight?"

"I have no idea," Twilight said as she waved the glowing sword around. Fwoom, fwoom. "I don't want to call it a force blade, that'd just be unoriginal. I guess I'll call it a, erm...light...saber. Yeah, lightsaber!"

"What can it do?" Spike asked.

"That's what I want to find out," Twilight gently poked the side of the doorway with her new saber, sending a few sparks flying. Interesting, she thought. She then walked from her doorway to the nearest rock in her front yard. It was nothing special, just your average everyday rock. She raised her saber high, breathing slowly, her eyes focused on the task at hand. She brought the saber down on the rock and it made a clean cut down the middle, cutting a gash in the ground below it as well just for good measure. Twilight looked upon her saber with utter amazement. Nothing like this had ever been seen anywhere in Equestria before. If things like this could be made...

"So are we going to lunch, or what?" Spike asked from the doorway.

"Definitely! I have to show my friends this!" Twilight deactivated her lightsaber, levitated her saddlebag from the palace over to herself and put her new weapon inside of it.



Twilight and Spike walked over to the outdoor tables at the local cafe where she was meeting her friends. Rainbow Dash was reading the newest Daring Do book, Daring Do And The Scepter Of Bastet-Ra, while eating a daffodil and dandelion sandwich. Fluttershy was trying to feed part of her salad to her pet bunny Angel, who refused anything offered by her as per usual. Pinkie Pie was steadily gorging herself on a large plate of cupcakes with blue frosting. Rarity was drawing up designs as she sipped a tall cup full of coffee, made from only the finest grounds from Saddle Arabia, just as she liked it.

Applejack sipped from her glass of iced tea when she spotted Twilight and Spike heading her way. "Howdy y'all! Good to see you."

"How have you been, darling? Anything new?" Rarity asked.

"Actually..." Twilight levitated her new lightsaber, or rather its hilt, from her saddlebag.

"What the hay is that?" Rainbow Dash asked as she lowered her book. "It looks kind of cool, actually."

"This?" Twilight activated her saber with a tshewww, to everypony's amazement, even those sitting at other tables. "I like to call it a 'lightsaber'."

"Ooh, it looks like a giant glowstick!" Pinkie rose from her chair and began to bounce. "What can it do?"

"I'm glad you asked Pinkie," Twilight said. "Would you mind throwing me one of your cupcakes?"

"Would I?" Pinkie threw one of the cupcakes on her plate at Twilight's head, who promptly slashed it cleanly in half with her saber, leaving two seared cupcake halves on the ground behind her. Everypony watching let out a collective gasp.

"Whoa! That is cool times a thousand! Now you can be a Jedi, like your father before you!" Pinkie said.

"What?" Twilight asked confusedly.

"Nothing," Pinkie flashed a smile that went from ear to ear.



Suddenly, Spike's cheeks filled like a chipmunk's as he clutched his stomach, looking like he was about to throw up. He then burped, revealing a parchment letter wreathed in emerald flames. Twilight grabbed the letter, cleared her throat, and read it aloud:

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

It is by royal decree that you must come to the palace at Canterlot at once for urgent matters. You must come alone, with only the contents of one saddlebag brought with you. I hope that you will find this trip enjoyable.

Regards,

Princess Luna

"Aw, but I wanted to see more of your lightsaber stuff!" Rainbow complained.

"What?! Not even I even come?!" Spike objected, sulking on his chair. "Well, it's not like I even wanted to go anyways. I'll just stay here in Ponyville with Big Mac, it's fine."

"Gotta get that wizard of yours to Level 20, eh?" Applejack asked playfully.

"Yep! I get two 3rd level signature spells. I think I'll pick Lightning Bolt and Fireball," Spike said, briefly rising from his disappointment before remembering that he was supposed to be sulking.

"What could Princess Luna possibly want with you in Canterlot, darling?" Rarity asked.

"And alone, no less?" Applejack added.

"I don't know, but this might be pretty important," Twilight replied as she adjusted her saddlebag. "Sorry, friends. Maybe next week?"