• Published 20th Sep 2018
  • 2,383 Views, 313 Comments

Fifty Shades of Neigh - GaPJaxie



A collection of short stories, based on fifty prompts given to me by FiMFiction.

  • ...
8
 313
 2,383

Practical Problems

A request by bigbear:

The Mane 6 keep the Rainbow Power..

Rarity sat in her boutique. The lights were off and the blinds were drawn.

She didn’t need the light. She glowed like a torch. The speckles on her ankles shone in the dark, as did the lines on her tail, the marks under her eyes, and the diamonds that had actually grown into her mane. Her cutie mark had mutated from three elegant diamonds into more than a half dozen. Once, her mane was elegantly curled to the shoulders, but when she looked at her reflection, she saw that it stretched down to her ankles.

Barely a month ago, she could have worn any style she wished during her visits to Canterlot. But the form she saw before her could not pull off demure, or sophisticated, or subtle. It quite literally radiated, and in doing so, revealed its true character.

“Fabulous,” Rarity called it, because she could not bear to speak it’s true name. The word was bitter on her tongue. But even if she could not say it aloud, she knew it.

Gaudy.

Something had to be done.

Reaching into her beautification bag, Rarity removed a set of electric clippers. They came alight with a buzz.