• Published 1st Aug 2012
  • 10,314 Views, 68 Comments

That Odd Stallion - butboifranko



Time travel, muffins, romance, and more.

  • ...
7
 68
 10,314

Chapter Two

Ponyville market was bursting with life, as Derpy landed on the solid earth, almost loosing her balance from the landing. She didn’t particularly enjoy coming to the Market unless she desperately needed to.

Nonetheless, Derpy urged herself to go and pick up a few groceries and, to also go and talk to Carrot Top about her upcoming date. Her previous date, had probably been one of the most wonderful nights she had had in a while.

Derpy thought blissful thoughts of how her and the Doctor’s next date would go as she trotted through the market, picking up things on the way to Carrot Top’s carrot cart. Ponyville’s best carrots, declared by the Mayor of course…and facing the facts that there isn’t any other carrot vendors in Ponyville, it was pretty much true.

After a few carts, and spending a small amount of bits. Derpy finally began to approach Carrot Top’s vendor and after a few moments, she stood above the scrumptious looking carrots.

“Good morning Carrot Top!” Derpy said with her usual bubbly tone. Carrot Top turned around and gave the grey mare a large grin.

“Ah, good morning Derpy. How are ya doing?”

“I’ve been great, how ab-”

“Oh ho, forget I asked. I know you’ve been great.” Carrot Top cut off Derpy, chuckling.

“You do?” Derpy asked confused.

“Who doesn’t? The way you’ve been acting lately, it paints it perfectly.” Carrot Top motioned her hoof as if she was painting while making small giggles.

“I’m afraid I don’t understand what your getting at Carrot Top…” Derpy said with her stout scrunched up, feeling a little lost.

“Oh Derpy, you’re so innocent all the time here in Ponyville, but out in the fields behind Sweet Apple Acres…” Carrot Top began giggling while her face lit up a little from… what ever she was thinking of.

Derpy stood in front of the carrot vendor looking at her friend, who seemed to be laughing at her. “Carrot Top, I still don’t get what you mean…”

“Honey, honey, let me feel it!” Carrot Top whispered as she began laughing again.

“I’m…I’m sorry, what?!” Derpy began to feel extremely uncomfortable. Carrot Top leaned forward , her mouth inches from her ear. “Oh Derpy, Honey, honey touch me baby…” And without another word, she began giggling with a blush.

The grey mare stood still , blushing furiously, still confused, and a little angry. “Carrot Top…can you please just tell me, what exactly your trying to get at. This is, really confusing.”

“Derpy, I know you had some fun with that Doctor fellow in his…Tardis.” Derpy looked at her, shocked and appalled.

“Carrot Top, me and the Doctor didn’t…you know. I just slept over, nothing happened…like that.” Derpy said blushing.

“Oh, really? Well, it was only your first date. I guess you of all mares wouldn’t have done it. Anyway, besides that. Is there anything I can for you today?” Carrot Top closed the topic, figuring she wasn’t going to get any details on her little, imaginative scene.

“Well, I just wanted to come and ask if your still going to watch Dinky for my date tonight.”

“Oh, yeah. I’ll be there a hour before you have to leave.” Carrot Top said reassuringly.

“Alright, I’ll see you then! Thanks again Carrot Top!”

Carrot Top said good bye to Derpy before the grey pegasus took off into the sky to head home. Derpy couldn’t believe that Carrot Top would have thought of such a thing, her and the Doctor…doing that on their first date? Well, I guess it would make sense…this isn’t like when I was younger, maybe it’s just that…

Derpy shook her head, trying not to think about it. Whatever the reason it is that made her think that, I’m sure it’s just…Carrot Top being Carrot Top. Derpy, and any other pony knew that Carrot Top was always into the latest gossip…or latest couple. Sometimes, that mare would takes things to far though. Usually making Derpy and others feeling very uncomfortable.

That thought though. Her and Doctor Whooves, doing…that. Derpy felt a tingly sensation in her wings, both rustling as she continued gliding through the breeze. She shook her head, trying to forget the thought…although it was a pretty splendid thought. But nonetheless, she had to get home in one piece to prepare for her date.

~~~~~~~

Derpy’s mane flowed easily through the wind as the grey pegasus swayed through the evening gusts of wind. Derpy loved how it felt to have wind whipping against her face and her mane being pushed back as she flew.

She wasn’t the best flier, heck she might even be the worst…but the feeling she felt when she did fly, was unbelievable. Some unicorns and earth ponies always wondered why one of her good friends, Rainbow Dash loved flying so much, but if you were a pegasus…the answer was crystal clear.

It had been a long flight as it usually was as Derpy made her way to the Doctor’s Tardis. It was pretty tiring flying for a good twenty-five minutes, when the wind is pushing her backward, making her have to fly harder to keep going forward.

This was pretty gusty weather to be out flying, but Derpy would fly through anything to have another chance to spend time with Doctor Whooves.

Derpy spotted the blue Tardis and swooped down toward the ground, and landed as firmly as she could. Derpy made her way to the door of the Tardis and knocked. After a few moments, the Doctor came to the door. His mane was all messed up and his tie was loosened.

“Hey Doc, are you alright?” Derpy asked concerned.

“Derpy…I’m dreadfully sorry. I can’t make it to the date tonight, I was going to send you a message but-”

"You can’t make it to the date? Why not?” Doctor Whooves looked at Derpy, feeling nothing but shame.

“I’ve been given a job and I can’t push it aside. It’s very urgent…I promise we could set another date up-”

“So your saying, you couldn’t just come over to my house and tell me ahead of time?” Derpy was a tad bit angry.

“Derpy…I don’t know where you live.” The Doctor stated.

“You could’ve gotten somepony to tell me! Anypony, would have!” Derpy flared her nostrils as she looked at the stallion.

“Look, I didn’t want to take the job…but, there simply isn’t any other pony that could of taken it.”

“What ever, I’m going home before it get’s too windy to fly. Have fun on your job.” Derpy growled.

“Derpy!”

It was too late, Derpy had bolted into the sky and began her flight back home. She was already out of sight as Doctor Whooves looked up at the sky, wishing she would come back. He felt terrible, that was pretty obvious.

Doctor Whooves stepped back inside the Tardis and closed the door behind him. How am I ever going to make it up to her?

~~~~A Few Days Later~~~~

The Tardis was cold as Doctor Whooves stepped off the platform. It was dark, and a little dusty although he hadn’t been gone for long. The Doctor turned on a light switch and made his way to his desk cushion and slumped onto his rump.

Doctor Whooves chin rested on the end of his hoofs. Now that job is done, what I am going to do with Derpy? Through his whole time gone, all he was able to think about was what he would do about the poor mare that he somewhat ditched. How could I possibly, make it up to her?

The brown coated stallion raised his head and looked around his home. He wouldn’t be able to think while he’s inside. Maybe, a walk would do me better. Doctor Whooves got off the cushion and made his way outside to go for a walk around Ponyville.

~~~~~~~~

It was silent as Doctor Whooves laid on the damp grass under a large oak tree. The air hit is coat softly and flowed through his mane, orange and yellow leaves tumbled around him as he just laid there, thinking. Thinking about Derpy, thinking about what he could possibly do to make it up to her.

Up above , Rainbow Dash had been resting on a cloud watching the stallion. Sheesh, I wonder what got him in such a slump. Rainbow knew who he was, but she felt a little hesitant about going down and asking what was wrong.

Rainbow Dash glided down to the ground anyway and landed gracefully beside the Doctor , who looked up and made a small smile. “Hello, Rainbow Dash.”

“Hey Doctor Whooves, what’s up?” Rainbow asked as she sat down beside him.

“Oh, I’ve just been thinking about things.” Doctor Whooves said gloomily.

“What have you been thinking about exactly?” Rainbow asked, expecting a answer.

“I’ve been thinking about, well…my marefriend.” Rainbow’s eyes bulged at the word ‘marefriend’. He and Derpy are now a thing?

“I’m guessing your referring to Derpy, right?”

“Yes, are you two friends?” Rainbow looked at the Doctor. Sheesh, wouldn’t you think Derpy would have mentioned me? Is she not honoured, that she has such a awesome friend?

"Totally, me and Derpy have been friends way back! All the way back to flight camp.”

“Oh, that’s nice.” The Doctor didn’t seem very interested, which made Rainbow flinch.

“So, what about Derpy are you thinking about?”

“Well…me and her had a fight.” They already had a fight? It’s only been one date!

“What did you guys fight about? You two only been on one date!” Doctor Whooves looked at Rainbow, and sighed.

“You see, me and Derpy were supposed to go on our second date a few days ago but I was called into work unexpectedly. So, when she came over I told her and she was pretty mad about me not telling her before hoof.” That would most definitely make Derpy mad…but he wouldn’t know any better I guess. “Why didn’t you just go and tell her yourself then?”

“I don’t know where she lives.” The Doctor stated.

“Oh, that makes total sense. If you want, I can tell you how to get to her house.” Rainbow Dash offered.

“That would actually be pretty useful. So, where exactly does she live?”

“Derpy lives behind Ponyville Library, about two blocks going down and it’s at the very end of the road. You know, where the trail ends and then after it there’s no more houses. It’s that one.” Doctor Whooves thought it through and nodded.

“Ah alright, thank you. Now…all I have to do is figure out how I’m going to make it up to her.”

Rainbow Dash looked at the stallion and thought to herself. Well, I do kind of owe Derpy for helping out with me Fluttershy… She put her hoof to her chin and continued thinking. Derpy likes flying…maybe they could go fly- wait. Whooves is a earth pony. He doesn’t have wings, unless…

“Hey Whooves! I got a great idea!” Rainbow said excitedly.

“What is it?“ The Doctor leapt off from the ground, and looked at Rainbow Dash.

“Well, if you don’t know…Derpy loves flying and sleeping on clouds and stuff like that. Kind of like me. You don’t have wings but I know somepony that can give you wings and the ability to walk on clouds!” Rainbow explained with pride.

“Really…who is this pony?” Doctor Whooves eyes were glowing at the thought. By golly, flying with Derpy…this is such a marvellous idea!

“Twilight, the unicorn that lives in the Library. She’s a good friend of mine and I’m sure she’ll be able to do the spell for you!”

“Well, by golly! What are we waiting for then? Lets go and talk to her!” Doctor Whooves brushed his hoof along the grass and began running.

“Hey, wait for me Whooves!” Rainbow shouted out to the galloping stallion, before taking off after him.

~~~~~~~~

The two ponies arrived at Ponyville Library after a long distance. Rainbow was more then surprised by the earth ponies out burst of speed, and nearly beating her. Rainbow tried her best to shrug it off and lead the Doctor to the door of the Library and knocked.

“You just let me talk Whooves.” Doctor Whooves nodded with a smile, and soon Twilight Sparkle came to the door.

“Oh, hello Rainbow.” Twilight said warmly.

“Hey there, Twi.” Rainbow said as she gently pushed Twilight aside to enter, and the Doctor awaiting permisson.

“You can come in , Mr. Whooves. Rainbow always thinks she can just enter with out permission.” Twilight said smugly.

“Ah, yes…So I’ve noticed.” Doctor Whooves mumbled, while Rainbow turned around to face the lavender unicorn.

“Twilight, this is a public Library…meaning that anypony can enter.”

“Yes, but it is also my home, and if you’ve noticed ,we were closed.” Twilight said sharply.

“Alright, fine…I’m sorry.” Rainbow apologized as she made her way to the centre of the Library. Twilight and Doctor Whooves followed the pegasus until she stopped, and so did Whooves but Twilight walked in front of Rainbow Dash.

“So Rainbow, is there anything I can do for you this evening?” Twilight asked.

“Oh, yeah. Well, Twi it’s mostly for Whooves here. You see, he needs to make it up to his marefriend and she’s a pegasus. So, I suggested that we come here and, well ask you if you could do that wing making spell and also, the spell that lets you walk on clouds.” Rainbow explained. Twilight looked at her in shock.

“You thought that all up, all by yourself?” Rainbow looked at her and gasped.

“What? You don’t think I’m capable of thinking up good ideas?” Twilight laughed.

“No, no. It’s a very good plan, Rainbow and of course I’ll cast the spell.” Doctor Whooves approached closer to Twilight.

“Thank you very much, Mrs. Sparkle. It means a lot.” Twilight blushed. No one has ever called me, Mrs. Sparkle.

“No problem, Mr. Whooves. If you would like, I can cast it on you now. But, both spells only lasts for a whole forty-eight hours each.”

“That is more then enough time, and indeed we can cast it now.”

“Alright, but may I ask why you want wings? Sure your marefriends a pegasus but, doesn’t like you for who you are?” Twilight asked with a grin. Doctor Whooves chuckled,

“My marefriend does like me for who I am, but I kind of had to cancel our last date and well…I thought if I got wings, I could go flying with her. She really enjoys it, so I thought it would make up for it.” Twilight giggled.

“Oh, I see. Well, we can get going with the spell now. It’ll take only a few minutes.”

Doctor Whooves nodded, and stood perfectly still in place for the unicorn to do her magic. He was a little nervous about another pony adding another piece to his body but, he let it slip. This was in the terms for love, and he’d do anything for Derpy.

Twilight concentrated on the stallion and magic began to fill up in her horn. A glow formed around Doctor Whooves and lifted him a few centimetres off the floor. Wings began to form on his sides and when completely formed, they spread out revealing two perfect wings. Rainbow looked at her friends work, and was utterly amazed.

When the spell was over, Doctor Whooves landed back on the floor. His eyes had been closed through the spell, but when he opened them he turned to look at his back and noticed his new wings. Wow, these are astonishing!

“Woah, Twilight. I thought the wings that spell gave looked like butterfly wings..” Rainbow said still amazed.

“Oh, after the best fliers competition, I began to practice the spell so nothing like what happened to Rarity would well, happen again.” Twilight explained as she made her way over to, Doctor Whooves to make sure everything was in place properly.

“That’s is so awesome! The things you can do with you magic, Twi.” Rainbow chuckled, rolling her eyes.

“Thanks, Rainbow.”

Doctor Whooves couldn’t think of anything to say about the wings. They looked so real, and so natural. He felt like he had had them for all his life. He decided to test them out. Doctor Whooves began to flap his wings and soon he was almost at the ceiling of the Library.

“Woohoo! This is spontaneous!” Doctor Whooves exclaimed as he began to flap his brown wings, and fly around the Library. Rainbow took notice and decided to join him.

Soon Rainbow and the Doctor were flying together around the Library, leaving Twilight on the floor annoyed.

“Do you two mind going outside if you want to fly? A Library is no place to be flying around in!” Rainbow chuckled at Twilight's annoyance.

“Eh, sorry Twilight. Me and Doctor Whooves will go, see ya later!”

“Yes, good biddings Mrs. Sparkle. Thank you again for wings and the cloud walking spell.” Doctor Whooves added before leaving.

“Oh, wait! I forgot the other spell. Come down for a second and I’ll cast it quickly.” Dr. Whooves glided down to floor to let Twilight cast the spell, and to his shock it was over in less then a instance.

“There, no you can fly and walk on clouds.”

“Farewell Mrs. Sparkle, and thank you.” Doctor Whooves grasps Twilights hoof and laid a kissed it gently, making Twilight blush.

“No problem, take care!”

Twilight waved a hoof in the air and watched the two ponies fly off. Twilight giggled at how polite the Doctor was, when she heard rustling.

“Is somepony there?” Twilight looked around, but saw nothing.

She ignored it and began to make her way to the stairs but before she could even put a hoof on the steps, she was pinned down by a quick pink blur.

“Pinkie Pie! What are you doing here?” Twilight questioned.

“Oh, I came to visit my favourite pony in all of Equestria, but then Dashie and that Whooves guy came in, so I hid behind a pile of books. I got really bored while you were casting that spell and stuff so I started reading, but the books in the pile were kind of boring but then, I saw Doctor Whooves kiss your hoof and I was like, WHAT IS HE DOING? And then I…”

Twilight put a hoof to Pinkie’s mouth. “Ok Pinkie, I get it and don’t worry about Mister Whooves, he was just being polite. I’m your filly, and only yours.” Twilight said lovingly.

“Oh, I get it. And I guess that makes me the luckiest pony in Equestria! Unless someone made a clown of you and me and they were dating, then we’d be tied with them.”

“Yeah, if they were a changeling…” Pinkie Pie gasped.

“Oh my Celestia! Do you remember when we were fighting those changelings at the royal wedding, and they kept morphing in everypony and we were so confused-”

Twilight tried to silence the crazed pink pony, but nothing would work. Twilight just laid pinned underneath Pinkie and decided to wait till she’d finish…it was going to be a long night.