• Published 19th Sep 2018
  • 3,863 Views, 24 Comments

Out of the crater, into the light - Xenont



After her defeat, Sunset's new friends help her to find a place in this world, and teach her that she has to forgive heeself in order to be able to move on.

  • ...
4
 24
 3,863

Sunset's cold ,part 4 (The first night) - Chapter 6

6pm, Saturday
As soon as they reached Rainbow's house, the five girls insisted that Sunset took her medicine immediately. "Okay...so you need to take your cough and cold meds every 7 hours, your fever meds every 5 hours and......your vomiting meds every day..... You would have to do so until you recover." Rarity read out as Fluttershy worked on taking out the tablets.

"Thanks guys..." Sunset said, losing her voice. Must be from the sore throat.... "Really, thanks! I don't know what I'll do without you guys, especially after the Fall F...." Sunset said. "Darling!" Rarity cut in. "Talking about it wouldn't help the situation!" She passed a few pills to Sunset. "The white, round ones are for your fever, the yellow ones are for your throat and the pink ones are for your cold." Sunset stared at the little round objects. Okay! Gross! She looked up. "And the other one?" She asked.

"The vomiting medys is in liquid form." Fluttershy said as she brought a spoon from the kitchen. "Ugh...." Sunset gagged as she swallowed the liquid, hoping the pills would not taste as bad. "Here!" Rainbow said as she held up some water. "This helps!" Sunset took a huge gulp of water, washing down the remaining liquids stuck on the inner layers of her mouth as she stared at the remaining pills. "So....how do I....?" she looked at the pills. Ugh...how do humans live like this?!?! Sunset remembered the last time she had fallen sick back in Equestria. Geez, the medicine there did not taste this bad......

"You swallow them! with water!" Pinkie said. "Duh!" Sunset looked at the pills again, tipping the yellow one into her throat, washing it down with water. Huh, that was easy... "Whoa! How did you swallow that without gagging or wincing?" Rainbow said. "I can never get those things to stay down! Those bitter things would get stuck in my mouth until they fully dissolve and the bitterness stays in there for days!"

Sunset looked up at her friend, now noticing a slight tinge of the pill's bitter after-taste. "It's common for us in Equestria I guess....I hardly chew the hay before I swallow. Guess I'm used to the feeling? I mean, I always had to fight for the last piece of hay with my family so cramming them down my throat was not a choice." With that, Sunset tipped the remanding pills down her throat and, again, swallowed them with ease.

"Okay! So...what do you guys wanna eat?" Pinkie said as she walked out of the kitchen. " She pointed towards the cupboards, "Wow Dashi, you have loads of food at home. I can whip up anything!" Rainbow blushed as she spoke. "Eh...heh heh....Well, I think we'll keep dinner simple" She replied, looking at Sunset, winking. "This girl can't overeat, if not, we'll have another catastrophe." Sunset glared at Rainbow before bursting out in laughter.


7pm, Saturday
Soon, Pinkie Pie came out of the kitchen with six bowls of steaming hot food, expertly balancing them on her hands and legs, earning a round of applause from her friends. "Thank you. thank you." Pinkie said as she tipped the bowls onto the table, pulling out the chairs for the girls to sit and eat.

"Wow!" Rainbow said as she gobbled the food. "I almost forgot how good your cooking tastes!" Sunset looked at her food and sighed, pushing her bowl loaded with vegetables away. "I'm not hungry......." She croaked. rubbing her throat. "Aww...." Pinkie's hair instantly deflated as she went sat down at her own seat and started eating. "Darling, at least a bit?" Rarity asked as she pushed the bowl back in front of Sunset.

"Fine....." Sunset lifted her spoon and brought it to her mouth, chewing and swallowing. Oh wow! This tastes so good! Sunset tried not to show how much she liked the food, but she could not seem to hide her smile. "Told ya!" Rainbow said as Sunset ate another spoonful. "I guess....." Sunset said as she smiled. "You are a really awesome cook, Pinkie!" Sunset admitted as she reached over to eat another spoon.

After dinner, Applejack suggested that they watched a movie together, as this was this first sleepover since years ago. As Rainbow and Applejack fought over what movie to watch, Rarity and Fluttershy spoke to Sunset as Pinkie washed the dishes in the kitchen. "So, how are you feeling?" Fluttershy asked. "Eh, never better, you girls are such nice friends to me, I can't be any more grateful, really." Rarity nodded as she looked at hoe Sunset was not leaning against the couch. "Why don't you lean back? It is much more comfortable." Sunset shook her head. "Nah..." She looked away, trying to think of another subject that she could bring up to stop Rarity from asking her next question. "Why darling?"

Sunset sighed as she looked Rarity and fluttershy in the eyes. "Well, that day at the formal...." Sunset began, wincing slightly, "I was literally transformed into a demon. So, when you girls changed me back, the wings and tail were, you know, ripped off me.....with so much force that it left scars that still hurt......" Sunset rubbed her hands together as Rarity and Fluttershy made sense of what she had just said. "So, they left scars that hurt very badly?" Fluttershy asked as Sunset nodded. "Yes. They were bleeding ." Before the next question could be asked, Rainbow and Applejack finally decided on what movie to watch that night.

As the movie started to play, Pinkie came out of the kitchen and sat down next to her friends on the couch. "Ooh! What are we watching?" Rainbow laughed as she pulled Pinkie down. "Wait and see!" Pinkie rolled her eyes as she sat down. "Finnnne! But it better be good!" Rainbow nudged her friend. "It would be!" She promised.

The movie had barely started when Sunset felt the drowsiness effect of the medicine she had taken. Woah...this thing is strong..... Sunset felt her eyelids get heavier and heavier as she looked at her friends, who were enjoying themselves, laughing at the movie that was currently being played, Sunset smiled and laid back. Well, I guess I am lucky. Sunset smiled, remembering the doctor's words, how she ran off and the look of worry in her friend's faces when they found her. They really want to be....no....they are my best friends. Sunset laid back and coughed slightly as she closed her eyes, falling into deep sleep.


9pm, Saturday
"Ha ha!" Pinkie laughed as she watched the movie. "That was hilarious! What do you think Sunny?" Pinkie looked towards Sunset when she heard no answer. Everyone had been so engrossed in the movie that not even a single one of them had noticed that Sunset had fallen asleep. "Ah guess the runnin earlier took a huge part outta her." Applejack said as she stared at her snoring friend. "Yeah, guess so." Rainbow said as she looked at Sunset. "Wow, she sure does look beat!"

"Should we try to wake her?" Fluttershy asked as she switched of the TV, not wanting to disturb Sunset. "Nah, ah think it's about time we sleep too."Applejack said, yawning. "It's 9pm already anyway...." She added. The girls nodded as they went to get some sleeping bags. They had decided to sleep next to Sunset, who would sleep on the couch while they slept on the rug in sleeping bags.

"Night everyone!" Pinkie shouted as everyone changed and got ready for sleep. "Night!"

Everyone laid back into the warmth of the sleeping bags, each of them to awake to fall asleep. The five of them stared at the ceiling while they ran through what had just that day, from meeting Sunset at the mall, to the trip to the clinic, and now the slumber party that they were having.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter. The next one would probably be this short too. Buuut, the following one would be back to abt 2,000 words again!

More chapters coming!!!