• Published 17th Sep 2018
  • 521 Views, 0 Comments

A Changing Resolve - DestinyDecade



A new year, new semester comes for Canterlot High but that is the least of the school's worries. A new dean arrives ready to shake things up but one student hopes to prove his worth and so much more.

  • ...
 0
 521

A Changing Resolve

Canterlot High, September 20XX – 8:15 AM

Equestria City. Population: 15 million. This city once had a motto: “Winners win everything. Losers lose everything.” But it changed only a few months ago when the Council decided to abolish the old system in favor of one where everyone is treated as equals. In a way, the city has united under one banner and I couldn’t have had it any other way. But that isn’t what you wanted to hear isn’t it? Thought so. Time to get to the nitty-gritty of things.

Canterlot High, one of several schools located in Equestria City. In addition to providing education for students, it doubles as a place where duelists can strive to become the best. There are four divisions: Standard, Fusion, Synchro and Xyz. Each division has a Dean that all students abide under. Students who register have the choice to choose what division to be under and they have the option to change if it doesn’t satisfy them. Standard policy, I know. I’ve been a student at Canterlot High since last year when I transferred from Crystal Prep but that’s a topic for another day. It all started on a sunny Monday morning. Students were arriving, looking forward to a new year. Many arrived via school buses, public transportation or in some cases using Duel Monsters as a means of getting around. Me? I stick to my Duel Runner. I arrive just as the students were. Many are familiar with some new ones coming in. An interesting sight but one person catches my attention immediately.

“Nice of you to arrive on time for once,” says Sunset Shimmer, one of the students.

I smile at her with a reply, “I can say the same for you Little Miss Pendulum.”

Hearing it gets Sunset’s attention and she doesn’t waste time chewing me out. She gently grabs my right ear and twists it extremely, causing me a lot of pain. I have a knack for calling her that since she’s the only student I know that is an expert in the field of Pendulum Summoning. Much to her dismay, I end up feeling her wrath, even though she won’t admit it. After that little stunt, she lets go and I take the time to mend the pain.

“I made it clear. You may be my boyfriend but I don’t like it when you call me that,” she says.

“Can’t be helped. Why do you think everyone refers me as the Blossoming Starudst huh? Heck, I became Friendship Cup Champion and crowned as the Duel King,” I tell her, carrying a sense of jubilance.

Sunset simply shrugs, knowing that with me it’s pointless. Speaking of which, how I look. My outfit consists of a white track suit with the center having colors black, blue and red, black kneecaps with a black line flowing up to my jacket and black shoes. My jacket is white with black lines, black arm pads, yellow shoulderpads and blue connecting the lower arm. I also wear white gloves since I’m a bit hygienic and prefer not to get my hands dirty. Also I have a dark blue headband. It’s used to keep my hair in place cause it’s long. I have mostly red hair due to a freak accident but you can see there’s some blue in some parts. How I got it? Rather not say plus my helmet covers most of it. I take it off, revealing my hair but I also let out a deep breath since getting here was a pain.

“By the way, was he with you on the bus today?” I ask, regarding another student.

“Nope”, She responds, “Haven’t seen him. You know how he shows up.”

“Let me say and let me guess…” Before I say anything else, a screech echoes the sky.

We look up to see a monster flying toward us at high speed. It was Raidraptor - Rise Falcon, a Rank 4 Xyz Monster. It comes by quick. Next thing we see is someone jumping off, landing on the ground below. He gets up. His sight focuses on the school up ahead. He lets off a sigh.

“See what I mean?” She says. I nod in response.

“Yo!” I shout, getting his attention.

The student, Snails, turns around upon hearing us, “Huh? Oh. It’s you.”

“What? Are you okay?” I ask.

Snails is quick to respond, “Dude, I’m fine. What got you jumpy?”

“We haven’t seen you since you took the flight to Heartland. Roy just wants to know if you’re doing okay,” Sunset wonders.

He says nothing. But then one of his eyes starts to change to a sheen of silver. It’s easy to spot but it tells me that the kid has gone through a lot. How do I know? How can I explain it? Say last year, two people that look exactly like him come out of nowhere telling him to make a choice. Hope? Despair? Which one? Guess what he took. He chose both and beat them down. In doing so, he severed his mental link to them but it had a side effect. It made his mind feel really crappy. After the school year ended, he needed time away so he took a flight to a place called Heartland. It was there he got the help he needed but at the same time, they came back but they want to help. They did and his mind slowly healed. His eye though started showing a little silver and it’s been that way since. Seeing it is proof enough that he hasn’t healed completely mentally.

“Yeah, I’m alright. I notice you’ve been staring at my eye. As long as they stay out of my way, I’ll be ok,” Snails tells us, assuring he’s fine.

This had me concerned, “I worry that they will return and do what they did to you last year.”

“They. Won’t.” His response is to the point. To prove it, one of his eyes starts turning silver before returning to normal, “Now let’s get inside. Class is about to start.”

I didn’t say anything. Neither did Sunset. We did exactly that and went inside. Other students were coming in. They look forward to another semester of learning and dueling. But even though this would be just another year for us, something’s missing. I don’t know why.

“By the way, where’s the Fusionist?” I ask.

“Wasn’t he with you?” Snails asks. I respond with a nod.

“I didn’t see him when I was on the bus,” Sunset replies.

I change the subject almost immediately, “I wonder if he got back home from his little summer fling in Duel Academy. Heard the new Dean that’s taking over is from that place.”

“So Luna is really stepping down huh?” Sunset queries.

“She made the announcement back in June. Her replacement is showing up today. Whoever she chose better be a good choice. The Fusion Division did poorly last year compared to the rest,” I explain.

Before long, an announcement was heard over the intercoms of the school. Every student stops and gets a listen.

“Attention all students! This is Principal Celestia. All students are to head for the auditorium before classes. Canterlot High’s new Dean for the Fusion Division will be appearing and wishes for you all to be here. That is all!”

“Yep. Time to see who Luna replaced for the Fusion Division,” I wonder.

The others wonder too. Every student wonders who it is Luna replaced. They head for the auditorium. But as they do, the doors of the school open. A student arrives inside. It wasn’t any student. It was one we know well. Why? His shirt has a pair of scissors on it. In addition the kid has a few other things that really shouldn’t even be on him to begin with. For starters the Duel Disk on his left arm. It’s one that is similar to his old Duel Disk but more shield-like. I can imagine what the blade would be like. Another thing is the jacket. It’s pristine and lovely, in blue of all things. It’s draped around him. Why? I don’t know. The kid looks around, seeing every student heading to the auditorium. He follows but not before he heads to his locker for something.

In the auditorium, everyone is seated. My friends and I are also seated. I look around and see everyone there, seated in their respective divisions. We three however are the exception since well we’re never apart. I soon spot the Canterlot High Deans, appearing before us. Each Dean’s unique gig is in their outfits. The colors match what Division they’re in. Though Celestia is principal of Canterlot High, her red demeanor represents the standard side. Behind her is Jean-Michel Roger, a former head officer of Equestria City Security turned Dean of the Synchro Division. Synchros always like white and it shows in his pristine outfit and after him is Sombra. Sombra is of majestic flair. For a guy who’s been in Canterlot High for a long time, he always prefers black. He is head of the Xyz Division. The three Deans reach the podium nearby. Roger and Sombra stand whereas Celestia moves forward. Her throat clears. What happens here is going to shock everyone.

“Thank you all for coming. I trust that everyone here is looking forward to an amazing semester in Canterlot High,” she says. The students cheer in response.

Celestia smiles before continuing on, “Now as you know, Vice Principal Luna has stepped down from being Dean of the Fusion Division. A sad moment yes but not without a sense of hope.”

“A sense of hope huh?” I whisper. The others say nothing.

“Which is why today I announce Luna’s replacement as the new dean of the Fusion Division! He is here as we speak and I implore that all of you show the same amount of appreciation that you have given to Vice-Principal Luna. I present to you… our new Fusion Division Dean!”

The door opens, out comes a guy no one ever thought we would see. Reactions from the students were all over the place from shock, anger to outright wonder. The individual was a man, in his mid-to-late 40s. His hair is blonde, like seasoned spaghetti, his face represents years of hard work, dedication and a lot of foul words. His eyes were as blue as the skyward bound and his uniform, like the other Deans is similar but the color seen here is violet. Violet representing fusion, as it has been seen before on someone else… someone much sinister and evil. The new Dean heads for the podium. None of the students are clapping. They’re curious, especially my friends and I.

“Good morning, all of you. I am Gordon Ramsay and I will be your new Dean for the Fusion Division. I am honored to be here in place of the former Dean. I can understand that all of you are here are curious by my arrival. I only want nothing more than to ensure that our division will rise from the gutter and be just as successful as the others,” he says.

The students didn’t do a thing. They watch, wondering what will happen next. Celestia seems worried. Roger and Sombra seem stern. Ramsay all the while tries to figure out what to do now.

“Listen… I am not the best when it comes to contending with students like you but I ask that you all give me a chance. It’s not like I can do much in a world where it used to be survival of the fittest,” he pleads.

His plea convinces a few students but the rest aren’t convinced. Before Gordon can say anything else, the doors of the auditorium open wide, revealing a student with a penchant for attitude. All the students turn to see, including us and it’s none other than the bucktoothed brat himself, Snips. His eyes are focused straight on the new Dean and he’s anything but pleased.

“A chance? With someone like you? You’re not worthy of a chance!” he says, attracting Dean Ramsay.

“Excuse me. Who are you to say I’m not worthy!” Ramsay responds.

“I do,” Snips follows, stepping forward revealing himself including his jacket and new duel disk.

“You?” Before Ramsay can say a word, he notices Snips with the draped jacket and Duel Disk. This in turn has Ramsay switch expressions from calm to outright anger.

“What? Cat got your tongue Ramsay?” Snips slurs, firing off an insult.

“That jacket and Duel Disk… it doesn’t belong to you. Hand them over!” Ramsay shouts.

Snips fires back, “Let me sum up in just two words, uh-uh! You want this? You’ll have to earn it!”

But Ramsay has a threat of his own, “If you don’t hand them over right here, right now, I will ensure that your bloody ass ends up in detention for a full month! Hand them over to me right now!”

“Sorry but I can’t. They belong to me and I’ve had them ever since I had to go to Duel Academy for summer classes’ cause I failed last semester. I would worry more about you making less of an ass out of yourself in front of the students. Judging by how poor this is going, you already are doing a good job.”

“Enough!” yells Ramsay, scaring the students and I thought Luna was scary with her shouting.

Snips falls silent as Ramsay continues, “What you have there is Duel Academy property and you are clearly in violation of it. I will not ask you again! Hand over the jacket and Duel Disk at once!”

Snips looks at Ramsay and then looks at us. I simply smile, not saying a word cause he knows. He then turns to the new Dean and says this, “You want it? Earn it! Duel me and if you beat me, I’ll hand both of them over to you without any fuss whatsoever.”

“Is this a joke?” Ramsay asks, turning his attention to the other Deans, especially Celestia who seems surprised.

“Do I have to contend with someone as insignificant as this little pest!? This student here has something that shouldn’t belong to him and he refuses to hand them over even with a threat. I can’t believe I’m forced to do this. Fuck me,” he says.

“Are you done muttering to yourself Dean?” Snips asks.

Ramsay’s response is straightforward, “Fuck off!”

It startles the students and more specifically Celestia who should have realized what kind of mistake she made when bringing him in.

“I guess the leftovers from Hell’s Kitchen still reside in the new Dean. Ain’t it quaint?” I mutter.

“Wow. The new dean just made Luna look like a chump,” Sunset responds, “I only hope the brat knows what he’s getting himself into.”

Back to the confrontation between the new Dean and the Snipsy Snip, Snips holds his ground while Ramsay struggles to figure out what he should do. But knowing that he won’t give them up unless he beats him in a Duel, Ramsay is left with little choice.

“You want me to play your little game? Fine, I will do that but know this. You will learn respect, especially to me. I am not Vice Principal Luna. I am Gordon Ramsay and I will make sure you are put in your place once you are served detention!” he shouts, really getting riled up having to duel against him.

He takes something from a bag that he carried with him and places it on his wrist. It was Ramsay’s own custom Duel Disk. It’s similar to Snips’ duel disk in terms of design with the body being shield-like. Snips has a blue-trimmed blue body whereas Ramsay’s is a white-trimmed gold body. Never have I ever seen someone have something like this. Both their D. Disks haven’t activated yet so who know what their blades will look like. All the students were excited but they had to keep themselves from getting too excited. Ramsay gave off a look that calmed the students down but Snips stays focused. He’s ready for whatever Ramsay brings out.

“I really didn’t want to do this. I thought this would just be a simple introduction and that’s that. Unfortunately you have to come in and ruin everything! And even you have the audacity to bring those in! They! Don’t! Belong to you!” he shouts. His anger continues to boil further even now.

Snips stays firm and delivers a counter. “Well I have a reason not to give them up to you, especially since you are the asswipe that decides to come to a place like this. Let me guess. You decide to come here after your show was canned?”

“Shut up! My show was cancelled out of my own choosing.”

“You’re full of crap Ramsay! The last season of Hell’s Kitchen ended with no winner because you felt that neither of them had what it takes! Made no better due to your paranoia. All the contestants turned out to be working for Duel Academy to sabotage your show and they admitted it. Both teams, no less hence why you went full-on rage mode and simply eliminated each of them one by one until you learn who it was that gave the order.”

“When I found out, I was horrified. I did what had to be done! None of them had what it takes! They all conspired to ruin me!”

“Dude! You did that yourself! And now you decide to come here. Looks like Vice Principal Luna made a mistake bringing your butt here.”

“The mistake HERE was you showing your face when clearly you shouldn’t. I look forward to making sure you be put down!”

“If there’s anyone that should have you put down back then… it’s Chancellor Leo Akaba.”

Hearing it sends Ramsay into a complete shock. The thought of hearing his name sent a chill through his spine. He heard it before, upon learning who it was that ordered his “contestants” to commit sabotage. Take it from me. I was there as a VIP guest during Hell’s Kitchen’s last season and when he heard that name, he realized he done fucked up. In fact, he was scared. The Deans meanwhile look in surprise, having heard the name. Roger and Sombra, in particular knew this would happen and they both become concerned.

Ramsay’s shock goes straight into full on anger, “How dare you mention his name around me… how fucking dare you! If this were any other place, your ass would surely be out of here! At least here, I can let Celestia deal with the likes of you!”

“She can deal with me after I wiped the floor off your ass! This isn’t Hell’s Kitchen dean! This is Canterlot High! Let’s do it!” Snips shouts, causing his Duel Disk to go online. A dark blue blade emerges and it looks like a sword.

“Challenge accepted boy,” Ramsay replies. A gold blade emerges from his Duel Disk and like Snips, it’s shaped like a sword.

Most of the students move out of the way, cause a duel was about to take place. Snips stares his opponent down while Ramsay has that look on his face that says, “welcome to hell”. Hell has come all right and on the first day, no less.

“DUEL!” they shout. Their life points are set to 4000 and right away, their duel had begun.

“I go first so you better be ready,” Snips says, “I summon Elemental Hero Neos Alius (Lv: 4, ATK: 1900/DEF: 1100)!”

Snips summons a monster that looks like Elemental Hero Neos but younger and less muscular but still carries the hero spirit. He stays firm.

“I’ll end my turn by placing one card face down. Your move Dean,” he says, ending his turn with a face down. (Hand: 3)

“My move isn’t it? You should be careful with what you will face here,” Ramsay replies, drawing his card. “I bring forth Ancient Gear Wyvern (Lv: 4, ATK: 1700/DEF: 1200) in attack mode!”

Ramsay brings out his monster, a wyvern filled with ancient machination from head to toe. It’s as if the creature is a full on machine. But seeing it reminds me of the time I faced off with Abacus Cinch last year and she did the same thing. I wonder if Ramsay will be repeating what she had done before.

“I now activates its effect and when it’s summoned, I can add an Ancient Gear from my deck to my hand and I choose this… the spell card Ancient Gear Castle (Continuous Spell)!” He shouts, activating it after getting it from his deck.

A giant castle emerges behind Ramsay, one that is filled to the brim with gears and weapons aplenty. It has Snips a little worried but he’s still focused on his opponent.

“As long as my Ancient Gear Castle is in play, all my Ancient Gear monsters gain 300 attack points. This has my Wyvern be strong enough to wipe the floor of your creature!” Ramsay follows, as his wyvern roars, feeling the added strength. (ATK: 2000)

“Battle! Ancient Gear Wyvern, attack his Neos Alius!” shouts Ramsey. His Wyvern goes in and strikes Snips’ monster, destroying it. (Snips’ LP: 3900)

“Duel Academy specializes in the Ancient Gears, ancient machinations that bring out raw strength! Trust me, my strength is purely raw.”

“Like how you deal with your contestants in Hell’s Kitchen? That’s saying something.”

“Do you ever shut up? You are an annoyance!”

Snips doesn’t say a word. Ramsay soon follows, “I’ll end my turn by placing two cards face down.” (Hand: 2)

“Alright then! Time I show you what I’m really about! I draw!” He shouts, “I play the spell Polymerization (Spell Card)!”

“So… you also use Fusion huh,” Ramsay wonders.

“Yep, I do. That’s how the Fusion Division does things here. Knowing you and your past association with Duel Academy, you have a pretty good idea of things.”

He stays silent as Snips continues, “I fuse from my hand Dark Blade (Lv: 4, ATK: 1800/DEF: 1600) with Pitch-Dark Dragon (Lv: 3, ATK: 900/DEF: 600) to form Dark Blade the Dragon Knight (Lv: 6, ATK: 2200/DEF: 1500)!”

Both his monsters merged together and out come forth a creature. It was a warrior clad in dark armor, riding a dark dragon. Fitting since Snips seems to now tend towards the darkness and yet Ramsay really has no idea what he’ll do next.

“Guess I’ve 1-up’d you Dean Ramsay. Now to take the fight to you! Dark Blade the Dragon Knight, attack his Ancient Gear Wyvern!” He shouts. His monster attacks with a twin blade strike, sending Ramsay’s monster to the grave but it wasn’t done. (Ramsay’s LP: 3800)

“Now my Dragon Knight’s special ability kicks in. Anytime it inflicts battle to you, I get to banish up to 3 monster cards from your graveyard. All you have is that Wyvern so say bye-bye to it. I end my turn,” He says, watching Ramsay banishing Ancient Gear Wyvern from his graveyard. (Hand: 1)

“Impressive. I didn’t think a punk like you had some bite but I guess it’s not enough when you are up against someone with more experience,” Ramsay quickly replies.

But this kid is not the least bit amused and lets off a sigh, “Experience means nothing if you can’t back it up. If you have anything that can counter what I’ve got then bring it on!”

“You are an annoyance! You will learn respect… I draw!” He shouts, drawing his next card.

“Not so fast!” Snips quickly counters with a face down he had planted from the get-go, “I activate Half Unbreak (Trap Card)!”

“I choose a monster on the filed and for this turn only, it can’t be destroyed in battle and any battle damage I take using said monster is cut in half! Guess who I choose? My Dark Blade the Dragon Knight!” The trap envelops Snips’ monster in a protective aura.

Ramsay isn’t the least bit impressed by his opponent’s move, “It makes no difference and here’s why. You will fall and you will hand them over to me!”

“I’m not giving them up without a fight! Like I said, you want this? You have to earn it! Isn’t that what your contestants tell you when your rep kind of went the crapper?” Snips hastily responds.

“I’ll make you eat those words boy! I draw! I summon Ancient Gearframe (Lv: 4/ATK: 1600/DEF: 500)!” shouts Ramsay. He brings out another Ancient Gear but it’s barebones, as if it was getting ready to be upgraded.

Snips look at him with a fierce glare. Ramsay in the meantime continues his turn as everyone in the school watches, “Now comes the fun part. I discard this card from my hand to activate my Gearframe’s effect. This lets me search my deck for an Ancient Gear Golem and add it to my hand.”

Ramsay does so but hearing the name spooks Snips. We continue to watch. Ramsay is far from finished, “What? You thought I was done? No! I activate my face-down Double Summon (Spell Card). This allows me to summon another monster and I bring out this: Ancient Gear Golem (Lv: 8, ATK/DEF: 3000)!

Ramsay piles it on and this time his next choice of monster is huge. Real huge! Snips can only look in shock upon seeing this monstrosity. His opponent meanwhile smiles knowing he’s going to deliver the pain. Everyone else watches.

“Ancient Gear Golem, I command you! Attack that foolish Dark Blade the Dragon Knight!” His shout is enough to gather his monster’s attention.

It’s fist clenched tightly before sending a powerful strike toward Snips’ monster. Due to his trap that was played before, it was safe but his life points are a different story. To make matters worse, he gets sent flying a bit but holds his ground. (Snips’ LP: 3500)

“You also wonder why I’m able to summon it right?” Ramsay asks him, “Simple. My Ancient Gear Castle. For every Ancient Gear I summon, it gains a counter and once it has enough, I can summon a high-level monster by simply using any and all counters that it contains. Since it had 2 counters, I’m able to make it possible but consider yourself lucky your monster remains on the field. I end my turn.” (Hand: 2)

Snips breathes heavily after feeling that hit. He then shakes it off and gears up to make his next move. Judging by what he has to contend with, this move better count. He looks at his monster, his hand and then his deck. The kid’s nervous. Can we blame him? If I were in his shoes, I would pray that the next move I make is one that would ensure I have some chance.

“Okay,” He mutters, “I never thought I would go off the deep end. Please… don’t let me down deck!”

He stares his opponent down and draws his next card. Nervousness soon shifts into a smile and Snips immediately goes on the offensive.

“I play from my hand the spell Fusion Weapon (Equip Spell Card)!” Snips shouts, playing an equip spell from his hand. Dark Blade’s twin blades were replaced with a fusion-type blaster.

“Surprised? Well Fusion Weapon raises my monster’s attack and defense by 1500! The only catch is that it works only on Fusion Monsters that are Level 6 or lower,” He explains. His Dark Blade the Dragon Knight is enhanced due to the equip spell (ATK: 3700/DEF: 3000).

Ramsay gets nervous. Snips goes straight on the offensive, “All right! Dark Blade attack that Ancient Gear Golem! Blast it down to size!”

Dark Blade fires a blast from his Fusion Weapon. It hit its mark, striking the Ancient Gear Golem leaving a hole in its chest. The next thing we see, it collapses on the floor and Ramsay takes a serious blow to his life points. (Ramsay’s LP: 3100)

“My Gear Golem!” He shouts, horrified by Snips’ attack.

“But I’m not done yet!” Snips quickly replies, “My Dragon Knight’s effect activate letting me banish your Gear Golem from play!”

“You ungrateful little…”

“I’m not finished. I activate my Pot of Greed (Spell Card)! This lets me draw two cards and then I activate Fissure (Spell Card) sending your Ancient Gearframe to an early grave!”

Ancient Gearframe ends up being destroyed. With nothing left, Ramsay realizes that he may not have many options. But it didn’t matter to him. He would have something that would make Snips be put in his place. There’s a reason he was ruthless in Hell’s Kitchen and even more once he makes his mark. We all watch as Snips finishes his turn.

“I end my turn by playing Dian Keto the Cure Master (Spell Card), raising my lifepoints up by 1000. That is it for me,” He says, taking a deep breath in the process. (Hand: 0, LP: 4500)

Ramsay looks at his opponent and all that he had done on his turn. He doesn’t know if he should be impressed or angry. In his mind, it doesn’t matter. All Ramsay cares about is ensuring his victory.

“You impress me boy. I never thought you came back from that onslaught,” Ramsay tells him.

“I’ve been through worse. I’m not like what I used to be last year. I have something to prove, not only to you but to everyone here in this school,” Snips replies. His tone seems truthful but it’s not enough to convince the new Dean.

“Is that so? I’m afraid to disappoint you because now this is where it ends. I draw!” He shouts, drawing his next card.

Snips holds his ground, thinking that whatever Ramsay brings out, he’ll counter it.

“From my hand, I play Burial from a Different Dimension (Spell Card)! I can choose up to 3 banished monsters and return them to the Graveyard. Since you did banish my Ancient Gear Golem and Wyvern, they come back. Next I play the spell Ancient Gear Workshop (Spell Card) and I take my Ancient Gear Golem that’s in my graveyard and add it to my hand,” he says.

We see Snips not doing anything. He doesn’t know what’s going to happen. We watch while Ramsay gears up something big.

“I reveal my face down Pot of Greed (Spell Card)! This lets me draw two cards from my deck. I then follow it up with Graceful Charity (Spell Card)! It lets me draw three cards as long as I discard two from my hand!” Ramsay says, continuing to draw until he had everything he needed. Once he does, he lets off a wily smile.

“Nervous?” He tells Snips, “You should be. I have everything I need to ensure my victory.”

“What are you planning?” Snips asks.

“Your downfall. From my hand I play Ancient Gear Fusion (Spell Card)!”

“Ancient Gear Fusion?”

“Correct. Unlike Polymerization, this is special. It let’s me fuse Ancient Gear monsters to fusion summon an Ancient Gear fusion monster from my hand or field. But should in the event I use an Ancient Gear Golem as fusion material, I can use monsters from my deck.”

“Your deck?!”

“Let me show you! From my hand, I fuse both of my Ancient Gear Golems with my Ancient Gear Hydra that’s in this deck!”

Snips simply responds with a whisper, “Not good…”

Ramsay’s fusion takes place. Compared to Snips, this was going to make the situation go from bad to worse.

“Dual Ancient Giants! Join alongside this ancient lernaean! Now form as one! Show them all your tremendous fury! Fusion Summon!”

What emerged from the fusion came an Ancient Gear. It was a giant, packed with six arms and four legs. It looked like a giant spider and that’s not a good thing. Not a good thing at all.

“Arise my mechanized behemoth! Level 9, Ancient Gear Megaton Golem (ATK/DEF: 3300)!” He shouts, signaling the arrival of his creation.

“I thought Ancient Gear Air Fortress was bad but this literally takes the case,” I mutter, seeing the size of that thing.

“Yep. He’s screwed,” Snails replies.

“Why do you got to be a spoilsport?” Sunset asks.

He quickly provides an answer, “Simple. The new Dean’s powered up Gear Golem is going to turn him into an Ancient Gear sandwich.”

“I doubt it,” I intrude, interrupting them both.

“What do you mean by that?” Snails wonders.

“Just watch. I wouldn’t count the little snipsy-snip out of it just yet,” He tells them.

We all watch as Ramsay gears to go on the attack, “This is the product of all things Ancient Gear and even if you try to strike us down, they rise from the ashes more powerful than ever!”

“Big deal,” Snips replies, “You may have a stronger Ancient Gear but my Dark Blade the Dragon Knight is still stronger than yours. I doubt you have anything in your hand that can prove it otherwise.”

“You should be careful with what you say… you might regret it,” And here comes the backpedal, “I activate De-Spell (Spell Card)! I use it to destroy your Fusion Weapon!”

Within seconds, Snips’ advantage suddenly flies away like it was nothing. His Dark Blade the Dragon Knight’s attack returns back to normal. Things are already getting worse for the little brat.

“Now my Megaton Golem, destroy his Dragon Knight! Megaton Pound!” Megaton Ancient Gear Golem clenches one of its fists and then sends it straight toward Dark Blade the Dragon Knight. Oh god! Snips is feeling that pain pretty badly. (Snips’ LP: 3400)

“Surprised your monster bit the dust? It’s going to get worse! Megaton Golem attack his lifepoints now!” Ramsay shouts once more.

“Wait a minute!” Snips wonders, “You can attack again!? How?!”

“Simple! My Megaton Ancient Gear Golem has a nice little effect! Since I used two Ancient Gear Golems as fusion material, my Megaton Golem can attack again! Now feel its wrath!”

By the time Snips can even bother to react, it’s too late. He feels the full force of Megaton Golem’s attack. It was a punch that’s heard around the world and as if that isn’t enough, he gets sent flying. He lands on the ground, hard. All the students look on and freak out as it occurred. Yeah, direct attacks can happen and when they do, they hurt. Snips learns that one the hard way. (Snips’ LP: 100)

“You are down to a measly 100 life points. I think it’s fair you should surrender along with that jacket and duel disk. Disobeying orders is one thing but disobeying a Dean such as myself is one you shouldn’t do. I look forward to making sure that you get a week-long suspension for refusing to comply. I end my turn,” He says.

Snips gets up, reeling from that direct hit. He shakes off the pain but the question now is if he’s able to strike back against something like it? Knowing him, it’s a possibility but it’s just that. A possibility. If the kid needs to win, he needs to bring out a miracle. With this being his last turn, he has to.

“Damn! Never felt a punch as big as that. Sheesh! Are all of Duel Academy this brutal?” He wonders.

“In a way, yes,” Ramsay replies.

“Sheesh! No wonder Duel Academy is in utter crap when I came by for the summer. But anyway yeah… you threw your punch and now I’m making sure I do the same!”

“If that’s the case then show me… show me your real strength!”

Snips doesn’t respond, putting all his faith in his next draw. He knows what to expect from an opponent like him. Once Ramsay starts his next turn, it is the end. His sight shifts to everyone around him: the students (including ourselves), the faculty and the Deans. He knows that Celestia is going to make sure he ends up in detention after all is said and done. He doesn’t care. With a firm expression, he places his fingers on his deck. The instant he does, he felt it. He felt a roar… a violent one. It was his dragon, the one that he inherited from a boy with a cold smile. It roars, demanding that it shows itself. Snips becomes hesitant because the last time he did that, he nearly brought the Fusion Division to its knees… and that was payback for how they mocked him as the worst student in the school. The fact that Ramsay is his opponent now has him worried but shrugs it off. Snips knows what has to be done and believe me I know it too!

“Are you afraid? Afraid to lose?” taunts Ramsay. This gets him riled up.

“I’m not afraid! Not afraid one bit!” He shouts in response, drawing a card from his deck. Like before, a roar is heard but only he can hear it.

Snips turns his attention to said card and lets off a smile. Maybe there is a chance, “I play Card of Sanctity (Spell Card)!”

“Card of Sanctity?”

“Yeah. For this to work, I have to banish everything in my hand and field and then I can draw two cards from my deck! Since I have nothing of any sort, I can draw!” Snips shouts, drawing his two cards but he isn’t finished.

“Next I play the Pot of Desires (Spell Card)! I have to banish 10 cards from the top of my Deck, face down and then I can draw 2 more cards!” He takes ten cards from his deck. The look on his face tells me that the cards he’s after aren’t there and he places them in his back pocket.

Ramsay wonders if Snips really is being careless, “You really are risking a lot if you think you’ll win against me. You should just forfeit and save yourself the humiliation. If all this happened on Hell’s Kitchen, I would have thrown your ass out on the spot for disrespect.”

“I don’t need your Scottish ass to tell me so because I ain’t finished. Sadly I have everything I need. I’ll start off with this, Monster Reborn (Spell Card)! I use it to bring back Dark Blade the Dragon Knight!” He shouts, bringing back his Fusion monster.

“That will not save you!” assures Ramsay.

“Wanna bet? I play next De-Fusion (Quick-Play Spell Card) sending it back to the Extra Deck so I can bring back the two monsters used to fuse it!” Dark Blade the Dragon Knight splits apart, returning Dark Blade and Pitch-Dark Dragon back onto the field.

“As I said, they will not save you!” Ramsay assures, again.

“Do you ever shut up?” Snips asks him. Ramsay doesn’t respond.

“Anyway, next I activate Fusion Sage (Spell Card) which lets me search through my deck for a Polymerization and add it to my hand… and I’m in luck, I have one right here. Now I play Polymerization fusing both Dark Blade and Pitch-Dark Dragon together!”

“Let me say and let me guess,” Ramsay interrupts, “You’re summoning that again aren’t you?”

“Who said I was doing that?” Snips’ counter shocks him. “I got something way better!”

Before long, the two monsters that he had would soon be involved in another fusion but it’s not just any fusion. Oh no! Snips’ smile widens seeing that now he has all he needs. He may have taken a heavy hit and what not with the early risks but the risks have paid off.

Warrior clad in dark armor! Dragon veiled in dark abyss! Come together! From the hell that emerges within the void, emerge as the terror that savors all! Fusion Summon!

What emerges is a dragon we know all too well. Bathed in violet, it’s a creature that wants nothing more than to devour whatever comes its way. It’s shoulders each carry two red orbs and most of its body has orbs as well, even it’s tail. It roars loud with a violent rage and as it does, Snips knows that he doesn’t have much of a choice.

“Arise now my poisonous dragon with hungry fangs. Level 8! Starving Venom Fusion Dragon (Lv: 8, ATK: 2800/DEF: 2000)!”

Starving Venom roars in response to its arrival. Students especially in the Fusion Division suddenly start getting PTSD at the sight of it. They move far away, hoping not to ire its wrath. It wouldn’t matter because the dragon’s already on a warpath. Snips tries his hardest to calm the dragon but it ignores him. It continues roaring violently.

“Hey! Stop!” He shouts, trying to get its attention but to no avail.

After two minutes, Snips had to get its attention albeit in a way it didn’t want, “Hey Starving Venom, STOP!”

It does so but then it quickly shifts its attention toward its new master. Snips just looks at it. He doesn’t flinch. His eyes are staring straight at Starving Venom. It keeps roaring out, demanding why it was summoned. We all watch it transpire and I swear the kid really has a lot of endurance. No, a lot of patience! Good god.

“Wow. That’s crazy,” I mutter.

“Yeah,” Sunset agrees, “I have to wonder what this kid went through in Duel Academy that summer.”

“It can explain why the little short stuff has gotten so serious. Wow. Color me impressed,” Snails says.

“I’m more concerned as to how this will end. Unless Snips can get Starving Venom under control, he’s screwed,” And knowing that this is the last gambit, he has to.

Meanwhile, Snips is trying his hardest to quell the irate dragon monster, “Listen, I know you are angry but now’s not the time to take out your aggression on everybody. Besides, I summoned you because I’m left with little choice. This idiot right here brought something strong and forced my hand. So instead of taking it out on me and everyone here, take it out on the new Dean!”

Starve Venom roars, responding why should he help. Snips holds his ground, not saying anything. Seeing this is enough to convince this monster that maybe he would be just as strong as Yuri, it’s previous master. For now it abides by his terms gearing to go on the offensive.

“Thank you. That’s all I need. Now then Dean Ramsay, are you scared of what I’ve got up my sleeves?” He asks him.

“You… how are you with that monster?” Ramsay replies, already sweating due to the sight of Starving Venom on the field.

“That’s a topic for another day. Let’s get to the good part shall we? I activate Starving Venom’s special effect. When it’s summoned via Fusion Summon, I can choose a monster on the opponent’s field that was Special Summoned and it’s attack points get added to my dragon! Behold! Starving Absorption!”

Starving Venom’s wings open up, absorbing Megaton Ancient Gear Golem’s attack power and adding it to it’s own (Starving Venom’s ATK: 6100). Ramsay can only watch in horror seeing his own monster’s strength being used against him. But that isn’t the end of it, far from it.

“I then now activate its second effect. I can choose a monster that’s Level 5 or higher and from now until turn’s end, it becomes that monster’s name and I can replace it with its effects. I choose your Megaton Ancient Gear Golem and what’s the words that I look for here… oh right, you’re beat!” He shouts.

“Battle! Starving Venom Fusion Dragon attack his Megaton Ancient Gear Golem now!” He orders.

Starving Venom’s wings sprouted numerous vines from it’s back. Small light-like orbs appear around the vines that are circulated while others were via a line. Once enough energy is gathered, it unleashes a combined blast that reduces that Megaton Golem to nothing but a pile of ash. As if that wasn’t enough, Ramsay gets sent flying as a result of the blast with his lifepoints dropping to 0 almost immediately as the duel ended. (Ramsay’s LP: 0) Snips had won his duel against the new Dean. There was no cheering, no applause. Just utter silence. Snips looks at Ramsay, on the ground due to the force of the attack, reeling that a student of all things had defeated him. It was an embarrassment.

“See Ramsay? You’ve lost just like how your contestants in Hell’s Kitchen did to you. Sent you to the ground, rotting away as the world around you crashed and burned,” He says.

Ramsay looks at him, angered that he couldn’t beat him and all the while, he continues to hear Snips’ constant berating. Although he has no clue that this is going to do more harm for him than good.

“I have to wonder what Vice Principal Luna was thinking when she decided to step down. Yes, I understand that our division was doing poor but come on, they could have brought someone a bit more competent but why you? Why of all people, a former Duel Academy teacher turned well-respected culinary chef to ruined laughingstock. Geez. Why I even bother,” He continues.

Ramsay struggles to get up, angry that he lost in the worst way possible and it’s no better that it happened on the first day of the semester.

“Give me… give me the jacket!” Ramsay shouts. Snips doesn’t respond, since his opponent lost.

“You said it yourself that I would give you the jacket & duel disk if you beat me. You lost so in accordance, you’re not getting it!” Snips counters, adding insult to injury.

Snips follows up with this, “You are more than welcome to try again but maybe do that after putting a better effort than what happened here. I will say that you almost beat me but hey, better than nothing.”

Ramsay’s anger is at its peak and it’s only going to get higher from here, courtesy of that little bucktoothed brat, “I look forward to how you will do things this semester. Just pray you don’t bring the Fusion Division into full on mediocrity because remember Gordon Ramsay… Duel Academy never forgets.”

Snips turns and walks away, satisfied that he was victorious. Unfortunately that victory is about to crash and burn hard.

“Snips…” says Principal Celestia, getting the student’s attention, “Report to my office this instant, now!”

He turns but just shrugs it off and keeps walking. Celestia’s expression is one of disgust. Almost immediately, she announces that class will be starting tomorrow and that all students can get their schedules in the dean offices. What a way to end this unexpected first day. Before I caught up with the others, I take it upon myself to help get Dean Ramsay on his feet. The only thing that hurt more for him was his pride and trust me, it hit hard when Snips stepped on it like an irate customer.

“Sorry you got your butt whacked. I didn’t think he would show up on the first day of all things,” I tell him.

Ramsay looks at me and he knows I’m not like my friend so he shows a bit of sincerity, “I’ve had worse. I didn’t expect to see you here of all places.”

“Well I go to school here. Been a year since I transferred to Crystal Prep and things have gotten better for me,” I tell him.

“About that… I heard what happened. You really did ruffle a few feathers with that. Crystal Prep’s reputation had been damaged due to your actions,” Ramsay tells me.

“They have been doing better after I left. A new principal took over and the school is slowly regaining ground. I can’t say the same for the former principal who’s now in a jail cell for nearly bringing this entire city to ruin. I don’t know if you heard but Abacus Cinch was a former Duel Academy professor before moving to Crystal Prep. Just like you,” I rapidly respond.

“Don’t even start. I have nothing to do with Duel Academy anymore, ever since my reputation went to tatters.”

“You kind of brought that onto yourself due to your paranoia. No offense sir, but as one of your former employees, I should know since I always hear your yelling no matter how far away I am from the kitchen.”

Ramsay looks at me with a pissed off glare but says, “I apologize. You have been my most loyal employee and at times I did wanted to vent out at you but I never did, even when you were one of my VIPs at one point.”

“Can we like please not talk about it? I think that’s when your last season of your show kind of went downhill,” I reply not long after.

“Fair enough. Never thought that nominating an entire team for elimination would have been the best option. See to it that you receive your schedule from me and the other Deans before you leave. Is that clear?” He orders.

I nod and say, “Yes sir. It is good to see you again.”

Ramsay and I shake hands before I head off. Yeah, the Dean and I go way back since I was a former employee of his. I worked as a waiter and I followed his orders to a T, without question. At least I was spared his wrath at certain times but he was a sincere guy and he wanted all of us to improve and be better. Sadly he let me go because where I worked at was closing down but left me a nice severance package. I catch up with the others. They wonder where I went and I tell them that I had a little chat with the new Dean. At least it’s better than what we’re about to see.

Snips doesn’t turn around but rather says, “How long are you guys going to watch me? I mean I don’t need crap like this honestly.”

“Crap that’s going to get your dumbass in trouble that’s what,” Snails responds in the most appropriate way possible.

“I’m in trouble anyway. What’s it to you?” Snips quickly jabs, “I mean, I leave for Duel Academy for summer classes and when I get back and make the new Dean look like crap, you guys are like all wtf wondering if I did something bad.”

“Point is you dummy… you no good klutz! I swear! Vice Principal Luna wouldn’t be happy with what you did! If anything, you made her cry with the new Dean being made a chump. Seriously,” Sunset rasps, trying to contain her anger due to the actions of one of her “friends”.

Snips doesn’t say anything. I think the guy realizes that he done fucked up. That’s a shame because the guy should have known better. Me, I just simply can’t fathom but at least I had to say something before the guy ends up feeling the wrath of the principal.

“Are you guys done?” He says to us.

“No. I don’t need to say anything. The duel itself was pretty stellar. What happened next was not. Not a good idea especially with what you’re going to have to deal with. At least I won’t have to deal with what the Fusion Division will endure now,” I tell them. Sunset and Snails were either disgusted or amazed by my response.

Snips turns around and tells us this, “The division’s been through worse. Trust me. Last year is proof of that.”

“And this year will probably be the same. Enjoy getting your rear end in detention for a while,” Sunset replies, ending the conversation. Good riddance.

Snips simply walks off to the Principal’s Office, knowing what will happen next. Celestia and Ramsay were waiting for him and judging by what’s going to happen next, it won’t be pretty. Once in the office, Celestia let him have it and I mean that literally. Ramsay stood watch, hoping that this would set an example. Everyone outside the office watched, wondering what will happen.

“Do you have any idea what you have done Snips? What you have done to this school and to our new Dean?” She asks him, “You really have some nerve.”

“I don’t need to tell you,” Snips answers, “I did what is needed. After all, a person as crap as him deserves nothing but contempt. It’s the way of how Duel Academy work.”

“I care not for what his reputation is now. I care about what’s best for the school and the faculty and I do not tolerate how you are behaving. This will carry serious consequences.”

“I don’t care. I’ll take my chances. After all, he knows. He knows what happens to those who bring dishonor.”

“Enough. I will no longer tolerate this behavior. For your disobedience and attempt to sabotage the new semester orientation, you will be serving detention for the next five weeks. Maybe you can get to know your new Dean as he watches over you every single day after school,” She looks at Ramsay, who simply smiles with a nod.

Snips isn’t pleased but he doesn’t care. He made his mark and he hopes to continue making it, regardless of the risks. But just as Celestia is about to finish things up, someone else decides to intrude.

“Celestia… is this how you handle success in a school like this?” a voice says, catching everyone off guard.

Celestia turns to see someone standing outside her office. Apparently she left it open not realizing that someone left due to finishing their shift. One good look says it all for the three there and their reactions sum it up. Celestia’s of shock, Ramsay’s of sweet horror and Snips’ is of satisfying justice. Everyone knows that Canterlot High is one of many schools that are under the jurisdiction of the Equestria Education Association or E.E.A. for short. Leading the jurisdiction is a man who was respected and feared. He’s the chancellor of the E.E.A but also administrator of Duel Academy, a school that specializes in education and dueling. The fellow is middle-aged, tan-skinned and bald with light blue eyes. His clothes represent his influence: a purple colored militaristic outfit containing several black buttons, a purple cape with black ending and he wears gray boots. He also has a black belt with a red line that both end in a button on the front. Not only that but his outfit has red circular strings across his chest and the guy is wearing black gloves. Everything about him screams high authority and then some.

Looking at this fellow in front of her Principal Celestia says this, “So… what brings you around Canterlot High at this time of year, Chancellor Leo Akaba?”

Akaba looks at the situation going on before responding, “I am here due to the actions of one of your students. He has shown promise today but I find out that you decide to punish this fellow. Why is that?”

“Why you ask?” she asks him, “Because he has disrespected the school’s new Dean and Canterlot High doesn’t tolerate disrespect of any sort.”

“Disrespect? I would disagree since your replacement for Luna has turned out to be very inadequate,” Akaba quickly replies.

His attention shifts to Dean Ramsay, “We meet again Ramsay. I take it this is what you’ve become now after that disaster of a display years ago. Hell has frozen over.”

Ramsay struggles to find the right words and he can’t even keep his emotions in check. The only things that are going on in his head are anger and fear, mostly fear.

“What… what are you doing here Akaba?” Ramsay wonders.

Akaba provides him an answer, “What else? I was told that Canterlot High would be getting a new Dean to replace Luna, who has decided to return to being Vice Principal of this school. I didn’t think it would be you.”

His attention then turns to Snips, who doesn’t waste any time and is already on his knees, bowing before the Chancellor. It pleases Akaba but angers Celestia who is disgusted by this.

“Snips, get up this instant right now!” She shouts.

Akaba shifts his focus to Celestia, who suddenly goes into silence. That is the power of the Chancellor of the E.E.A & Duel Academy administrator.

“Chancellor Akaba,” he says, “What brings you to Canterlot High?”

“Simply put, it is you.” Akaba responds, “I have seen your duel against Ramsay and I must say, in spite of unbelievable odds, you impress me.”

“I am thankful sir.”

Akaba quickly changes the mood of this situation, “However, despite this praise, you have disrespected authority with your actions and that is something I do not tolerate. Lest we forget that you attended Duel Academy for the summer due to your poor grades.”

“I… I understand sir,” Snips responds, still remembering over how poor he did last semester.

Akaba also notices Snips draped with a blue Duel Academy jacket, the ire of Ramsay’s reasons as to why he went after the poor sap. He even has a Duel Academy duel disk.

“That jacket you wear… it is not yours. Same for the Duel Disk,” He says, proving Ramsay right.

Ramsay follows with a pot shot threat, “Which is why he will return the jacket this insta--”

“Silence!” Akaba intrudes, silencing Ramsay before he continues his attention toward Snips.

“Despite this, you wear it with pride. I can tell by your actions today. You are not among us but I will make a consideration.”

Snips looks up towards the chancellor, “What?”

Akaba explains his offer, “If you improve your grades from last semester, I will make a consideration to have you be among us Duel Academy. This also means that any animosity towards him must be put aside for the sake of your studies. Are you willing to accept this?”

Snips thinks for a second before deciding. His attention turns to Celestia and Ramsay before returning back to Akaba. Sure the klutz may have screwed up but at least the duel he had with Ramsay impressed the chancellor. It doesn’t take long before he makes his decision.

“I accept the terms Chancellor,” Snips says with a cold tone.

“Very well. Celestia?” Akaba responds, “See to it that the detention he receives be reduced… to two weeks minimum, starting tomorrow.”

Celestia has a look of shock on her face. The fact that a man like Akaba would come in and make the decisions for her is upsetting. However she stood firm because he has a high amount of influence throughout the education world. She doesn’t say a word, only nod. Ramsay, angered by this, decides to intervene.

“You can’t be doing that Akaba! All of this happened on Celestia’s watch and the punishment he should have earned befits the crime! Why should you make judgment when she already has done it for you?” He says.

Akaba simply gives Ramsay a very cold stare. That’s enough to shut him up. Without saying another word, he walks out of the school. All the students get a look at the chancellor walking. Their response is the same as Celestia and Ramsay: silence. They wonder what else can possibly go wrong in Canterlot High. But knowing this school, a lot can happen.

Snips walks out of the office, feeling like he got out of the whole mess scot-free. The only thing that’s coming to mind is what he has to go through tomorrow. Knowing that he’ll be under Ramsay’s watching eye, knowing that he has to start detention for two weeks and knowing we would chew him out once all is said and done. Luckily, he didn’t have to wait long.

“So… how did it go?” I ask him.

“Could have been worse to be honest,” Snips replies, “Akaba coming in made things a little easier. I got off with 2 weeks detention. Better than 5.”

“Yeah and you kind of pissed the principal off,” Sunset intrudes, still upset over what happened earlier.

“Do I care? What was Luna thinking in stepping down?” Snips quickly counters.

“It wasn’t her fault,” I explain, interrupted him, “Luna felt that being a dean and vice principal isn’t working. She was stressed out and made no better by how she pretty much lashed out. It was horrid.”

“Don’t remind me. She set a record for loudest lash out last year and boy, it got everyone scared,” Snails follows.

“Thank god she doesn’t have to deal with being a Dean anymore. I didn’t see her at all today. My guess she still needs some more R&R. Celestia said that Luna will be starting her duties tomorrow. As for me, I’m off,” I respond, catching them off guard.

“What? Where are you going?” Sunset asks.

“Work,” I tell her. The others wonder why.

“Wait what? Since when do you ever work?” Snails follows up and that alone gets me irritated.

“Since the summer. You never knew because you were spending the summer in Heartland visiting family. But I guess knowing you, you never knew I got a job,” I countered.

Snails counters back, “My guess I was never told. You did say that you plan on having a culinary career. Why a diner though? You’re the Fortune Cup Champ. Everyone knows who you are. Hell, you own a penthouse on one of those slanting towers there. Why do you decide to work at a diner of all places?”

I thought about it for a good minute or so before I give him an answer. Hell, I have to do the same for the others too. But to be fair though, it’s not like I wanted to. I had a reason for all of this.

“You guys know that I wanted to work in culinary but I guess you guys can figure it out. I’ve known you all for a year now and ever since I became Fortune Cup champion and the fact that I pretty much am responsible for how Equestria City is now united as one, I feel I want to give back to the people of the city. It doesn’t matter whom so why not start from the bottom and work my way up. That’s why I decided to work at a diner since the summer. It’s not only my way of giving back to the city but also, to show that I’m just like them. I may be a well-regarded duelist, I may be a hero but in the end, I’m just a person like everyone else. Sure it may not be the best thing but hey, it’s better than nothing.”

This alone got my friends convinced but just as I’m about to leave, Snips has something to say, “Wait. You remember when we were in the last season of Hell’s Kitchen?”

I nod. He continues, “Do you still have the tapes?”

“Tapes? Why the tapes?” I ask, “When the series was canceled, I don’t know if any of the guys who worked on it got the tapes. Most of them were already destroyed.”

“I mean of the last season,” Snips replies, with consistency.

“Why the last season? Does this have anything to do with why Ramsay is now the new Dean of the Fusion Division?” Sunset follows.

Snips quickly whips an answer, “Something like that.”

“I’ll see if I have any. If I do, I’ll text you all to come to my penthouse. Maybe looking at them can help figure all this out. Now if you’ll excuse me, I got to go. I’m about to be late for work. Later!” I tell them, before powering up my D-Runner and riding off into the city.

The others soon look at Snips, wondering why would he ask. Snips shrugs it before he decides to head off himself, thanks to his Starving Venom. Snails jumps and then summons his Rise Falcon for him to ride on and then flies off. Sunset could only let out a sigh and smile. Through thick and thin, we’ve been a group of kids who loved dueling and wanted to be stronger. The only thing that kept us together were our bonds. Even when we endured our worst moments, even when we encounter those that gave us a reason to rise up and through good and bad, we persevere. Why do you think we’re friends for more than a year? Yeah. Sunset soon sees her other friends, the Canterlot Five waving at her. Before long, she heads off too. Another day done and there’s only one thing remaining… fun.

Meanwhile at Duel Academy…

Duel Academy… a school created by a man named Kagemaru decades ago as a place where students can learn and train to be Duelists at a professional level. Owned by Seto Kaiba before it then joined the E.E.A years back, it would eventually be run under the watchful eyes of Chancellor Leo Akaba. Unlike Canterlot High, Duel Academy is a boarding school. Students spend their time here to learn and be better duelists. Not only that but it’s dormitories are split into three ranks: Obelisk Blue, Ra Yellow and Slifer Red. Slifer Red being the bottom of the barrel while Obelisk Blue is considered to be the Elite of the Elite. But there are some students within this school that exist in a class by itself. That’s where this student comes into play. A girl was walking through the halls of Duel Academy. Every student that got a look at her backed away. They know who she is and what she’s capable of. Even Yuri, who everyone knows as the boy with the Cold Smile, knows it. His expression of fear speaks for him. She looks back, letting off a grunt before departing.

The girl was a teenager, her hair being of a moderate sapphire blue with streaks of violet and brilliant rose, skin being of a pale, light grayish mulberry. She has moderate violet eyes and wears glasses, fitting of her intellect. Like Yuri, she is an Honor Student and her uniform is proof of it… to the point that she decided to copy it to piss him off. It consists of a purple and light blue waistcoat, a pink cravat, a 2-part cape of red and purple with a purple shortened coat that has thick cuffs and gold shoulder bands that have amber colored setting. They’re also fastened at the collarbone. She also has light blue packs that are tucked into a pair of silver-tinted leather boots. Her attitude is nothing to write home about. It’s evil personified. It was stated that her mentor, one Abacus Cinch, had groomed Twilight since her youth. Tutoring her, shaping her to be who she is right now. In turn, she has become just as cold-hearted as her teacher. Unfortunately she isn’t in the best of moods. Reaching her quarters, she gets a look around and finds no one around… except for a boy waiting.

“How may I serve you, my queen?” says Jota, an Obelisk Blue student.

Twilight quickly responds, “Where are the others? I ordered the Seven to appear at my quarters.”

“They will be arriving momentarily,” Jota follows.

Twilight doesn’t offer a response. Before long several other students arrive, each having various different personalities, hairstyles and ranks. Having the entire group together is enough to get Twilight in good evil spirits.

“Queen Twilight, what do you want us to do today?” wonders a Slifer Red Student named Viper, “Want us to make someone go down the hellhole?”

“That will not be necessary,” She replies, but not before she notices a student having roller blades and it gets her peeved, “Ghauri, I have told you many times to not have your rollerblades around Duel Academy, especially in my quarters.”

“My bad Q-T,” Ghauri quickly puts his rollerblades away and did we forget that this guy is a Ra Yellow student?

“Anyway,” She takes a deep breath before continuing, “I take it you all have received word of what happened to one of our former alumnus?”

Everyone nods with Jota being quick to respond, “We have heard. A sad day for us all.”

“Indeed. Since that former alumnus… was my mentor, Abacus Cinch. She has suffered a fall from grace that has shook our school to its core.”

“I feel that this fall from grace is well deserved Twilight,” responds another Obelisk Blue student named Tenjian.

Seeing his words as offensive, Twilight rasps, “Tenjian, you may have a cold outlook on things but I recommend you keep your opinions to yourself!”

“Forgive my intrusion then. Duel Academy never forgets and with what your mentor had done, it is no wonder that what happened to her has been, as it’s put, well deserved.”

Twilight scoffs at Tenjian and then shifts her focus to the others, “Regardless, the fact that my teacher has fallen is a stain on our reputation. My reputation.”

“What do you suggest then?” Jota wonders.

Twilight is quick to provide orders, “Something like this requires all of your skills… you are to find the one responsible for this and make them suffer.”

“You don’t have to tell us twice Q-T. When do we get the go ahead?” Ghauri asks.

Twilight is quick to respond, “When I make the order. We still need to find out who it is that was responsible for this.”

“Wasn’t it that kid who went on to win the Fortune Cup a few months ago?” Viper suggests.

“And he was also the one who defeated Yusei Fudo, becoming the one true King of Synchro,” Ghauri follows.

“What?” This gets Twilight a bit ticked, since she did hear a bit about him, “Who is it? Who’s the one that would do this to my mentor?!”

Ghauri provides it, “Easy with the anger mode Q-T. I’m surprised you didn’t even know who it was. The boy that’s now being talked about in the halls of the hallow abode. It’s the Blossoming Stardust himself, Roy Starfall.”

Roy’s name triggers something within Twilight’s mind. She remembers meeting Abacus Cinch months back, after her fall from grace. She learned all that she needed to know about what happened, how she was defeated and the one person responsible. Her face shifts to one of anger and it’s enough to immediately startle everyone around her. Even Ghauri, who out of all the members of Twilight’s group, he’s the one who gets the most flak from her.

“Where is this Roy Starfall?” asks Twilight, seething and pissed off.

Jota is quick to respond, “I’ve heard he is a student in Canterlot High, located in Equestria City.”

“Equestria City? Isn’t it that big city on the other side of the world?” Viper wonders.

Jota answers, “Yes, it is.”

Viper provides a suggestion to Twilight, “Then we know where we must go, Queen Twilight. Just give us the order and we’ll take care of it.”

However Twilight isn’t the least bit happy about this and with a simple glare silencing everyone, including some of the quieter members.

“Roy Starfall is mine! I will make him pay for what he did to us and my mentor!” Twilight shouts.

“Do you require assistance Twilight? I feel that Roy’s strength may be enough to challenge you,” Jota suggests.

Twilight refuses and says, “The rest of you remain here until I give the order! I want to see for myself just how strong he really is. Him… and anyone that stands against me.”

The others don’t say a thing. Twilight turns around and ends it with this, “Dismissed.”

Everyone in Twilight’s group departs, not saying anything. All of them having various emotions and wondering what will transpire next. Twilight however can only smile, seeing that she may have the opportunity to go after the one who hurt her mentor. What will happen then? Who will come out on top? And what of Roy and his friends? Will they be able to face the threat that lies before them such as the new dean, Gordon Ramsay, Twilight Sparkle and her group, the Seven? Well… that’s probably a story for another time.

The End

Author's Note:

This is another story that is part of the EqG/YGO crossover that I've been working on for quite a while. You can think of it as one piece to something much bigger. If you want to know where it takes place, it takes place in the beginning of the second year aka Season 2. I do have one other story up my sleeves that happen at Senior Year so expect that to come very soon. In the meantime, enjoy.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment