• Published 17th Sep 2018
  • 1,379 Views, 71 Comments

Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Crossover Go! - Dragonfire2lm



The Super Robot Monkey Team travel to Equestria to protect the last remaining members of an alien race from the evils of The Skeleton King.

  • ...
2
 71
 1,379

Short: Despairium

Author's Note:

Setting- Mid Autumn, two weeks before Nightmare Night.

Due to ongoing Internet and computer problems I've had to halt progress on Episode 5 until it's all sorted. I've retooled information the Episode would've had into this short, don't worry it will be in the Episode itself once I can finish working on it and this short will still be here afterwards. The following short is literally all I could squeeze into the PS4's limitations and that was after changing some things just to get even this to fit.

Ok so once you've read this go back and read Fenneca's Report 1...

Enjoy.

"So you had something to show us?" Sparx asked as he and the rest of the Monkey Team gathered in the main command room where Gibson was waiting for them.

"I have serious matter to discuss with you all. While I was out with Fenneca collecting fuel to power the Super Robot, she showed me a very dangerous substance that we must avoid at all costs," Gibson explained. "It is commonly called Despairium, a toxic form of energy that corrupts the mind and errodes ones physical form, purple in colouration and can be found in solid, liquid or gaseous states."

"So it's dangerous, we've handled stuff like that before." Sparx countered.

"If it were truly a substance that obeyed the laws of science I would agree with you Sparx but..." Gibson paused and looked worried. "Fenneca called it the poison of mind and body given form, it has supernatural origins I'm afraid and our fae friend may already be infected."

The team was silent as they processed the information. Eventually Antauri spoke up.

"What are the signs of being affected by it?" he asked.

"Early symptoms? Brief bursts of emotions or exposure to certain stimuli cause the eyes turn purple briefly. With time it will only worsen. Sevre symptoms include purple eyes and gums, rapid weight loss and eventually the mind and body warps itself to allow it to generate vast quantities of Despairium, endangering nearby life forms." Gibson explained.

"Ok, call me crazy but the purple eye thing is not that right? I mean, it's Fenneca!" Sparx argued. "We've been here for a couple of months! she's our friend so she'd tell us if something was wrong right?"

"Right?" Sparx asked again, just as concerned as everyone else.

"Isn't there something we can do to help her?" Nova asked.

"The only person capable of curing those affected by Despairium is the King of the Miasma Marsh, a King Shadar. The marsh itself is sealed off from the rest of the planet by some sort of barrier that only deactivates once every decade." Gibson replied. "Which won't be until spring next year."

Comments ( 9 )

Yikes. I didn't think depression could actually become more deadly than it already is. Well, you've certainly got me hooked with that cliffhanger.

9279988
I've tried to be tactful with it's implementation but the idea is that negative emotions or view points creates Despairium, pain and suffering in magical form just as friendship and positive emotionscreates its own type of magic in Equestria.

9280790
I getcha. A sort of yin and yang. That's freaking brilliant. I might borrow that idea if you don't mind.

9280860
I'll be explaining how magic in Equestria differs from Fenneca's magic in Episode 5...Once all these issues with the Internet and the computer are dealt with.

I can help develop a similar concept if you want, all I did was take the light and dark/hope and despair ideas present in Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch and tweak it a little to fit the AU.

9280922
I might take you up on that. I'll need to stew on this, and discuss it with my coauthor.

9280931
Just send me a PM when you're ready. I love world building.

9280945
Will do. And if you're interested, check out the Apser Pariah's Equestrian Railway Tales. I'm rather proud of what we've got and I'd love to hear more opinions on it.

9280951
I'll have a look later.

Login or register to comment