• Published 19th Sep 2018
  • 6,090 Views, 334 Comments

Sirens of the Night II - The Crazed Werewolf



No one at CHS believes that Sunset Shimmer isn't Anon-A-Miss. No one except her cousins that is. Now the Dazzlings must race against time itself to avert tragedy.

  • ...
11
 334
 6,090

Anon-A-Miss Slips Up

Ten pairs of eyes stared at Aria and Rainbow Dash in disbelief. It was the next day after their previous encounter with Gilda, and the Rainbooms, the Dazzlings along with Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom had met in the barn at Sweet Apple Acres. Rainbow and Aria had just finished recounting the encounter from the day before. Aria had decided not to say a word about her conversation with her mother, as she was still trying to wrap her head around what she had been told.

"So, uh, you and yer kinfolk have magic again," Applejack said, hoping to break the tension.

Adagio raised her hand, "No new magic here, trust me, if I had some new form of magic, the world would know it."

"Maybe it's something we each have to awaken on our own," Sonata replied.

"We need to keep this a secret," Sunset said, "if Anon-A-Miss gets her hands on this information, it will be open season on all of us."

Rarity looked up from her phone, "Speaking of Anon-A-Miss, her page has been quiet for the last few days, perhaps she has given up."

"Doubt it," Sunset countered, "when I was, well, the way I used to be, I wouldn't have allowed this much time to pass quietly. Whoever Anon-A-Miss is, she is playing the long game."

"What if we-er- Anon-A-Miss realised that what she was doing is wrong and decided to stop. We only wanted to spend more time with our sisters," Sweetie Belle whispered with a gulp.

"Smoothe, Sweetie Belle," Scootaloo said, she was seated right next to Sweetie Belle, and she hoped that only she had heard Sweetie Belle.

"C'mon girls," Apple Bloom said as she stood up "let's go to our club house."

The nine other girls watched as the three younger girls exited the barn. None of them noticed Aria slip out of the barn five minutes later.

"So what do we do about Gilda and Lightning Dust," Fluttershy asked, "Gilda can be scary even when she isn't angry."

"Let them come at us, we have magic," Pinkie answered as she munched on a cookie that she had pulled from her hair.

"NO!" Sunset exclaimed loudly catching everyone off guard, "just because we have the ability to use magic, doesn't mean we should use it."

"Sunset is right of course," Adagio said, "as you all have witnessed, using magic without regard for how that magic affects others could have damning consequences."

"With great power," Rainbow sighed, "comes even greater responsibility."

"Exactly," Sunset said, "besides, I think both my mom and Aunt Luna would have an aneurysm if we started using magic to solve every injustice at school."

"But that is so boring," Adagio said, "it's like I always say, if you got it, flaunt it, and honey, we got it!"

"You weren't listening," Sonata said, "were you 'Dagi?"

"Oh I was," Adagio replied, "and I will follow the rules you've set, for now. But if I happen to catch Gilda alone, don't hold me responsible for what happens."

Everyone looked at Adagio for a moment while they considered her words.

"Ah reckon it's a good thing that ya don't go to CHS," Applejack said. Adagio laughed.

"Applejack," Adagio said, "you have no clue."

Meanwhile at the Temple of Doom
(The Crusaders Clubhouse)

"Sunset is nothing like we thought," Sweetie Belle said, "she really cares for her friends."

"Are the Dazzlings really her cousins," Apple Bloom asked, "and does that make them your cousins?"

"Miss Luna adopted them and Miss Celestia adopted Sunset," Scootaloo said, and nearly whispered, "she is now the closest thing I have to a real sister, and all we've done is ruin her life."

"What do you mean by that?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"We're both orphans," Scootaloo explained, "and like Adagio and her sisters, we both lived on the street."

"Scootaloo," Apple Bloom said, "we didn't know."

"All the trouble we caused, all the friendships that we've torn apart," Scootaloo explained, "all of it is our fault. We need to fix everything. I can't listen to Sunset cry herself to sleep again! She deserves better!"

"How do we do that?" Sweetie Belle replied.

"That's simple, come out and tell the truth, and set everything right."

"Who said that?" Apple Bloom said with a start.

"I did," Aria said as she entered the tree house. All three of the CMC's looked at each other and then at Aria.

"You knew," Scootaloo said with a gulp, "how long?"

"I figured it out," Aria explained, "but you three did an amazing job covering your tracks."

"Are you angry?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Don't incinerate us!" Sweetie Belle cried.

"Don't worry," Aria said, "just fix everything."

"So why are ya here with us and not with everyone else?" Apple Bloom asked nervously.

"I wanted to ask you girls why you did it." Aria stated.

The three younger girls looked at each other for several tense moments. If Aria hadn't known better she would have thought that they were communicating telepathically. Then they all spoke at once.

"We were jealous that Sunset was hogging up all of our sister's time," Sweetie Belle started.

"So we created Anon-a-Miss." Scootaloo continued.

"To get them to no longer trust her," Apple Bloom said.

"We never meant for things to end up this way," Scootaloo said, "we never wanted to hurt anyone."

"But through your actions," Aria replied, "you hurt not only Sunset, but the entire population of Canterlot High, not to mention your sisters."

"We only wanted to protect them." Apple Bloom said.

"A noble gesture," Aria said, "but very poor execution."

Scootaloo suddenly bolted from the clubhouse, startling Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom.

"Where's she going?" Apple Bloom asked nobody in particular.

"Scoots, where's the fire?" Aria asked as she caught up to the younger girl.

"You were right, I need to set everything right," Scootaloo answered as she and Aria approached the barn, "I might as well start with my sister."

When they entered the barn they found only five girls. Sunset, Adagio and Sonata were missing.

Author's Note:

So I decided to revise this chapter and to drop the artefact storyline.