• Published 19th Sep 2018
  • 6,138 Views, 335 Comments

Sirens of the Night II - The Crazed Werewolf



No one at CHS believes that Sunset Shimmer isn't Anon-A-Miss. No one except her cousins that is. Now the Dazzlings must race against time itself to avert tragedy.

  • ...
11
 335
 6,138

Consequences

Scootaloo sat nervously in one of the chairs in Luna's office. Both Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom sat on the chairs next to her. Luna looked over each girl and each girl winced when her gaze fell on them.

"I have spoken to your parents," Luna said, "and the have all agreed to the following actions that are going to be taken against you."

Celestia had already told Scootaloo what their punishment would be, but she felt like she needed to hear it again, because she would never be able to truly forgive herself for what she had done. Both Luna and Ms. Cheerile had witnessed them dismantle Anon-A-Miss' MyStable account.

"First you shall serve three weeks of In-School-Suspension," Luna began, "followed by a week of Lunch Detention. Furthermore you will not be allowed to participate or attend school functions with the exception of pep-rallies and assemblies for the rest of the school year."

All three girls understood what would be expected of them.

"After that the Student Council will review each of your cases individually and submit their recommendations to me." Luna continued.

Scootaloo didn't know what punishment her friends had received from their parents, but Celestia had grounded Scootaloo for thirty days, and she was only allowed outside the house when she was with a responsible adult with Celestia's approval. She had to go home straight after school and wasn't allowed to touch the computer at home.


Like all high schools, rumors and half-truths spread like wildfire. Word was that Anon-a-Miss had been caught! There was also a rumor that Sunset had tried to commit suicide during the weekend due to Incognito's post. All that anyone knew for certain was that seven girls and one boy had formed a seemingly impenetrable barrier between Sunset and the rest of the student body.

Celestia, Luna and Raven had arranged it so that atleast three of Sunset's friends were in her classes with her. Every single teacher at CHS had wholeheartedly agreed with the arrangement. Students in Sunset's classes were afraid to approach her it seemed, not due to Sunset but due to the glared that her friends have anyone who tried. Luna had wanted to bring in extra police officers to patrol the halls and assist the school resource officer, but both Celestia and Raven had pointed out that the Canterlot Police Department was extremely understaffed. Luna was tempted to lift the ban on Sonata using the school computers so that she could hunt down Incognito, but then she remembered her daughter's homebuilt laptop that had a tendency to smoke and spark even when it wasn't turned on.


Sunset decided to eat lunch in Celestia's office, she was joined by Rarity and Sonata.

"How could somebody be this cruel?" Sonata asked.

"Unfortunately," Rarity said, "some people are just mean and cruel. I can't believe that after everything that Sunset had done they would stoop this low."

"Rarity, just last week everyone, you included, thought that I was Anon-a-Miss." Sunset pointed out.

"Yes well," Rarity said trying not to sound flustered, "everyone makes mistakes from time to time."

Celestia decided to change the subject. As much as she wanted Incognito caught, she didn't to cause Sunset any additional pain.

"So, Sunset" Celestia asked, "are you and Sonata looking forward to meeting your grandparents?"

Sunset, Sonata, Aria and Adagio had already spoken to Celestia's and Luna's parents over the phone and had seen pictures, but the four girls had yet to actually physically meet their grandparents.

"Yeah," Sonata said, "I'm looking forward to spending the holiday break with them."

"Me too," Sunset said, "anything to get me out of Canterlot for a week."

Celestia went around the desk and crouched down so that she could look her daughter in the eyes, she could see every emotion running through Sunset's head.

"Don't worry Sunshine," Celestia said, "you aren't alone."

"Most definitely!" Sonata exclaimed as she and Rarity joined in on a group hug with Sunset at the center of it.

"What is going to happen to Scootaloo?" Sunset asked her mother.

"Well I am very disappointed with Scootaloo," Celestia said, "but at the same time I am proud of her for confessing. I have a teleconference scheduled with her social worker this evening to discuss the situation."

"You aren't going to get rid of her are you?" Sunset asked with a hint of shock.

"Of course not," Celestia said, "I forget how vivid the imagination of teenagers can get."

"Then why are you going to talk to her social worker?" Rarity asked.



Meanwhile Rainbow Dash observed the Canterlot High School cafeteria. It was unusually quiet. Most of the students it seemed were afraid to talk louder than a whisper.

"This is so strange," Rainbow said, "it's eerie."

"I know," Aria said, "you'd think that it's the end of the world."

"Excuse me," Octavia said as she walked up to the group, "is there any way I could apologize to Sunset for how I treated her recently?"

"She is currently with Principal Celestia," Fluttershy said with a friendly smile, "but we'll make sure to pass your apology along."



Sonata, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash had decided to escort Sunset and Scootaloo home after school. Some time after lunch the true identity of Anon-a-Miss had somehow leaked out and the threats against the three younger girls had begun. Applejack and Rarity had rushed their sisters home immediately after school. Aria had gone with Rarity and Fluttershy had joined Applejack.

Sunset felt a wave of relief wash over her when she entered her house. For the first time all day she felt truly safe. She and her friends set their books down on the table so that they could do their homework. Sunset had even decided to help Scootaloo with the work that Luna had assigned the younger girl. Pulling out her laptop, Sunset logged onto her email. Her face immediately went pale, and the fear returned. Incognito had sent her an email. Pinkie Pie jumped into action and with Sonata's help managed to bake a batch of comfort cookies.

Author's Note:

Any guesses as to who Incognito really is?