• Published 13th Sep 2018
  • 1,835 Views, 6 Comments

Equestria's Swift King of Coffins - gundamexia34



So here I was, a factory worker with next to no good prospects for the future. Then I got contacted by none other than the vampiric troll king, Zelretch himself! He offered me an out, who was I to say no?

  • ...
2
 6
 1,835

Chapter 1

Not even a minute after I was flung into the void, I was sent through a second portal and found myself still tumbling, this time through what I could only assume was the Equestrian skies. As soon as this registered, the coffins flared and went practically horizontal and brought me to a stop.

Looking down (and it's a damn good thing I’ve never been afraid of heights) I saw the Castle of the Two Sisters. There was a town a little bit to the east, so I reoriented myself and the coffins came as close as the could and flattened against me to be streamlined as my Air Shoes provided an extra boost.


[PoV: Rainbow Dash]
So there I was, laying on a cloud trying to slip in a few extra hours of sleep when someone blows through my ‘bed' and shreds it! I started flapping and got myself straight again, then took off after what I thought was a pegasus trying to be funny.

As I got closer, I started to make out that it was not a pegasus. It had 10 sides and was almost round. There were flames coming from behind it, so I figured it was some type of meteor. But I was more concerned about where it was heading...Straight for Ponyville!

I started to pick up the pace and got ahead of it a little. I was going as fast as I could but could barely keep up! Only one option left then.

I pushed myself even harder until I pulled off a Sonic Rainboom.


[PoV: ?]
I was getting pretty close to my destination when I heard what seemed like an explosion and was knocked into a spin by a wave of colors. Only one thing I could think of to cause that, so it looks like I ran into Rainbow Dash by mistake. Oops.


[PoV: Twilight Sparkle]
I was reading when I heard an explosion, followed by glass breaking and a loud crash from the ground floor. Spike and I ran downstairs and saw a broken window and several shelves knocked over with books all over the floor. From one of the piles, Rainbow emerged rubbing her head.

“Rainbow are you alright?! What happened?” I exclaimed as I helped her up.

“I had to use a Sonic Rainboom. There’s something heading towards the town, fast! I think I might have knocked it off course, but I don't know for how long!” She explained, making me gasp. I ran out to the balcony and sent up a fireworks spell.

After the incident with Nightmare Moon, the town council has agreed on a signal system. Three blasts would be sent up. All green meant the coast was clear, 2 green and 1 red meant semi-dangerous, but not too bad. 2 red, 1 green meant to get inside and stay until otherwise notified.

The one I used was the final signal, all red. Meaning that an evacuation was needed.

Almost immediately, ponies began heading towards Whitetail Woods. That was the agreed upon safe-zone, being far enough away that it would most likely be safe. A little afterward, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie rushed to the doorstep. I explained the situation, and Rainbow led us to a spot we could intercept what was coming.


[PoV: ?]
So the first thing that happens as I reach the edge of town after getting back on course was another explosion, this one normal and right in my face. It knocked me straight out of the air, and I landed with the coffins around me on my back unfurling them and rubbing my aching head, I looked up and saw what could only be the Mane Six.

I have to admit, they looked good.

Anyway, when I sat up, I heard one of them gasp. Judging by her expression, I’m guessing it was Twilight. Maybe she's already gone through the whole EQG thing.

“How is a human here?” She asked, giving me at least an idea of where I was in the timeline.

“Ever heard if Zelretch?” I asked. I was surprised when they all grimaced, even Fluttershy. “I’ll take that as a yes. He helped me get here to escape my old world where I was going nowhere fast in life.”

“Oh. So, why were you flying towards the town?” Twilight asked with a blink.

“I just got here. I wanted to find out where I was. I thought I had a pretty good idea, but I wasn’t sure.” I replied as I stood and stretched.

“Well, wonder no more! Welcome to Ponyville!” Pinkie exclaimed before introducing herself, followed by the others.

“Nice to meet you all. My name is Heero, Heero Yui.” I said, deciding to take the name of one of the most badass Gundam pilots in the entire franchise.

“So Heero, why do you have coffins attached to your shoulders?” Applejack asked cautiously.

“Well, they're actually wings of a sort. That and each one contains something different. Though Zelretch trolled me and neglected to tell me or even label them.” I answered and started grumbling things under my breath that would have turned the air blue if spoken aloud about said vampire before I was interrupted by a slap to the head from Rarity.

“Watch your language young stallion!” She said, getting a snort from me.

“I’m a man, and hell no! Not unless there are kids around.” I replied, which earned a sigh.

“Well, at least it's something.” She said.

“So...Um...Just to be clear, you’re not here to cause trouble?” Fluttershy asked.

“No, not unless someone else causes trouble for me.” I replied, to which Twilight wiped her brow in relief before sending up what seemed to be a firework spell. In response to my raised eyebrow, she explained, “We evacuated as a precaution. Now that we know the coast is clear, I sent up the agreed signal for that. Come on, we need to get to the town square to introduce you.”