• Published 21st Jan 2019
  • 2,874 Views, 432 Comments

Dragon Ball Super: Fate of the Multiverse - Blackdrag-rose



Sunset Shimmer, Celestia, and Twilight Sparkle attend a meeting at Lord Zeno's palace, unaware that the ultimate battle between multiple universes was about to begin... and that they might be dragged into the battle as well.

  • ...
30
 432
 2,874

PreviousChapters Next
Aftermath: The Lost Race

Chrysalis was sure that most of her fellow warriors, who she had worked with to save their universe from being erased, were either still sleeping or were getting back into their old habits, before they entered the crystal mirror or were displaced by the backlash of Discord tampering with his own spell. Rarity, for instance, was returning to her shop so she could make more impressive dresses, ones that could be imbued with magical abilities from what she heard her tell the others, while both Lyra and Trixie were thinking of returning to Azeroth for a time, to make sure the Alliance and the Horde were keeping the world safe from the remaining dangers that sought to claim it for their own ends. Sombra, of course, had an empire to return to, Pinkie was content to stick around Ponyville before deciding on whether or not she and Raven should head back to the planet she called home for a number of years, and the Dazzlings were conflicted on what they wanted to do, as the friends they had made on the planet they had been sent to were mostly dead, while at the same time they weren't sure what they were going to do if they remained on Equus. Rainbow had been elevated to being their universe's God of Destruction, and each one of those and their own planet, so she guessed it was a matter of time until she claimed her destiny as well, and she had the feeling that soon Applejack would become a Kaioshin, meaning she'd leave as well.

She sighed for a moment and shook her head, mostly because she knew that if she depressed herself Pinkie could barge into the castle and attempt to cheer her up, and she was done with being stuck in that state of mind, while at the same time she had to correct herself, as these ponies and former villains were her friends, as well as her fellow warriors, and she needed to keep thinking of them as her friends. Usually her friends only consisted of Isaac Clarke, Ellie Langford, John Carver, and Jennifer Santos, while the crew of the Starship Hyperion, which they had been living on with permission from Captain Ratchet, were more co-workers right now, with a few being potential friends, but she was more than willing to add Rainbow and the others to her list. She had joined them in their celebration, since she wouldn't miss it, as Pinkie would have chased her down in some manner, but despite that fact she was now returning to what she had been doing before she and Starlight were called back to Equus, to join the others and learn about the tournament, and that was going over some information that they had discovered during the last bit of the adventure that had been put on hold. In fact, once Sunset and the others left to take Sombra and Yoruichi home, Chrysalis had returned to the room she had been given and donned the armor she had been wearing earlier, which Starlight had brought in without her knowing about the act, before joining Starlight at one of the tables in the ballroom.

Chrysalis wasn't as smart as Starlight was, she openly admitted that a number of times since she joined Ratchet's crew, but she was learning some of the finer things about the three galaxies that Starlight had helped save over the years since her displacement, meaning she could help her friend out with whatever research she was doing.

"Okay, where were we before we got called here?" Chrysalis asked, causing Starlight to raise her head from the tablet that she was carrying, as she had been working on something before they had been called back to Equus, but since she wasn't involved in the tournament she had used that time to continue their work, while also noticing a small triangular projector in the middle of the table.

"We were translating a number of Lombax writings," Starlight replied, where she tapped on her tablet and a series of twenty-six symbols appeared in the space between them, each looking different from the other and with a floating letter near them, indicating where they rested in the alphabet, while Chrysalis noticed the holograms came from the projector, to which she nodded her head and pulled her own tablet out, "I'm glad that General Azimuth was willing to teach me the entire Lombax alphabet, with what little time he could spare, because there are a vast number of writings and texts about the race and their vast achievements, but still nothing on what happened to them."

The Lombaxes, from what Chrysalis had heard, were once heroes of a good portion of two of the three galaxies that Starlight had been to, the Solana and Polaris Galaxies to be exact, and one of their most notable achievements was the fact that they stopped the Cragmites during the Great War. According to what else she could figure out the Lombaxes didn't kill the Cragmites, rather they built an incredible device called the Dimensionator, a large helmet that someone could wear on their head that happened to possess the power to open portals to other dimensions, hence the name, and Starlight was convinced that if the Lombaxes used the device to send the Cragmites to another dimension, since that's how they ended the war, then they might have done the same thing for the majority of their race. The reason the Lombaxes disappeared was because they found a young Cragmite years after the war was over and tried to raise it to be a force of good, like they were, and when the Cragmite, who grew up to be Emperor Tachyon, one of the villains that Starlight helped take down, attacked his foster people the Lombaxes were said to have disappeared, as in killed off by the creature they were raising. Starlight was under the impression that maybe, just maybe, the Lombaxes used the Dimensionator to escape to a new dimension, or maybe a part of the universe where they wouldn't be found, and the majority of them disappeared, leaving Ratchet, his father, Angela Cross, General Azimuth, and a few others behind, either by accident or on purpose, but they did know, according to Azimuth, that Ratchet's father stayed behind to protect the rest of their kind, while also sending Ratchet off to Veldin, where Starlight and Sunset landed as well.

It was a great theory, since it stated her opinion that the Lombaxes were alive, but it was just that, a theory, and there was no way to prove it without the Dimensionator, which had been busted some time ago and left in a museum, where no one knew that it was the real deal and not a duplicate, even though part of Starlight's research was to figure out if she could put it back together without endangering the entire universe, since it was both powerful and dangerous at the same time, revealing another reason as to why it was hidden so many years ago.

"And your positive that they hid the location they were planning on using as a hideout in their writing?" Chrysalis inquired, because while she knew that some people and races planned for things in advance, so they would be able to adapt to whatever situation was happening, of which Sombra was one of those beings, she really didn't think the Lombaxes could have foreseen Tachyon's assault, otherwise they could have stopped it before disappearing to whatever dimension they had retreated to.

"Chrysalis, the Lombaxes had some of the greatest minds and warriors before they disappeared," Starlight replied, as she understood that the former queen was having a hard time trying to understand why she was interested in finding out what happened to the ancient race, partly because it would allow her to tell Ratchet and Angela what happened to them after using the Dimensionator, and also because it was one of the greatest mysteries she had come across, "Sure, they might not have seen that Tachyon was behind them using the Dimensionator to flee from Fastoon, but I'm positive that their greatest minds would have come up with a way for those that were left behind to figure out where they went, if they managed to overcame whatever threat they were facing. All we need to do is locate whatever information they left behind, be it coordinates or instructions on where to go to discover the true location they fled to, which is easier said then done since we've gone through half of the texts and writings we were able to find, only to find nothing about where they went or even a clue as to how to figure that out."

That was why Chrysalis' person opinion on this entire situation was that the Lombaxes had been caught entirely off guard by Tachyon's assault and didn't have time to implement whatever plan they had been working on, meaning that finding them was next to impossible, but that was the thing about the displaced of Equus, they all did things that were labeled as impossible, and this seemed to be Starlight's time to shine.

"Well, since I know there's no talking you out of this, send me the texts you want me to study," Chrysalis said, as she had determined that Starlight was just like Twilight, that once she stuck her head in something, be it a weapon design or an ancient mystery, there was no pulling her head out of it until she did whatever it was she was attempting to do, in this case figuring out where the Lombaxes had hidden themselves.

Starlight nodded her head and sent over a few texts, where Chrysalis pulled out her tablet and opened the first one on the list, where the decoder that had been installed in it, thanks to Starlight, went to work translating the symbols in front of her, allowing her to read the ancient Lombax language in the common language. So far the texts she had read, the ones before she was called back to Ponyville to learn about the impending Tournament of Power, were about the plans to expand the city located on Fastoon, the schematics for advanced machines that would improve food production and water purification, and, oddly enough, financial records for some of the higher ranking members of Fastoon. Starlight had found a number of old stories and tales of the events that the Lombaxes had been involved in, including the Great War that they had won, a few legends that pertained to the Great Clock, which were written by Ratchet's father, Kaden, and a number of texts that detailed the various weapons and ships that the lost race created, or were planning on making in the future, had they not disappeared. Between the two of them, and the time they spent reading the various texts that they had found, neither of them had found anything that revealed where the Lombaxes had gone, be it specific instructions or just the general location they had fled to, and Chrysalis could tell that Starlight was starting to get frustrated over the fact that they hadn't found anything that would help them out.

That was why she felt this was a waste of time, that the Lombaxes didn't have time to leave behind whatever trail they had been planning on using to let those that had remained behind where they were going, and despite telling Starlight her opinion, and what she thought about all this, Starlight refused to believe that and was devoting her time to making sure they scoured every bit of writing, just to be sure they didn't miss anything.

This particular text was related to the society that had been in place before the Lombaxes had been forced to retreat from Fastoon, the type of military that they had, and a number of other articles that were related to the two, but while it was interesting to read about the past, about an ancient race, Chrysalis found nothing helpful hidden in the text. There were mentions of the various rulers that the Lombaxes had, how long they had ruled for and the various things they had done for their race, and some of the more important devices they had made over the years, but none of it revealed anything about what they were going to do if they were forced to retreat from Fastoon. The look on Starlight's face told her that her friend wasn't having much luck either, that she hadn't found a single piece of information that would allow them to narrow down their search for the location or dimension that the ancient race had gone to, and soon they would be out of material to go through, meaning Starlight would have to accept the reality that the Lombaxes didn't have time to put their plan into action and went somewhere without leaving anything behind. Of course if she was proven wrong, and they discovered that the Lombaxes were able to hide some clues as to where they went, then she would gladly apologize to Starlight and accept that she was wrong, something the old Chrysalis would never do, but right now it didn't look like that was going to happen.

An hour or two went by for the pair of them, where they completed a number of texts and still didn't find anything about how to locate the Lombaxes, before Chrysalis sighed and leaned back for a moment, because while all of this was interesting she had the same opinion that she had when they started their research... before looking at the translated page in front of her again, one that was written by Kaden, and didn't relate to the Great Clock, but was connected to sentient ships that he and the others were developing.

"You know, it's a shame Aphelion can't help us with our research," Chrysalis commented, referring to the sentient ship that Ratchet, Clank, and Starlight had found on Fastoon, when they were running from Tachyon's forces when he first made himself known, which had become a valuable member of the team since her discovery, "I mean, she was Kaden's ship at one point in time, and Kaden was, from what you've told me, the keeper of the Dimensionator's location, until the completion of the path you guys found... it's a shame Kaden didn't give her a clue or the location we're looking for."

"Aphelion... why didn't I consider asking her about all of this?" Starlight asked, her tone revealing that she wasn't annoyed with Chrysalis for suggesting such a thing, rather she sounded like she was annoyed that she never thought to ask her brother's ship if she knew anything that would help them locate the area the Lombaxes had fled to, before she opened a new tab on her tablet and opened a link so she could communicate with someone that was in another part of their vast universe.

"What are you doing?" Chrysalis inquired, because she had to assume that she was trying to reach Aphelion, so she could ask her some questions instead of waiting for Ratchet and the others to arrive with the Starship Hyperion, but at the same time she had to wait and see what Starlight was doing.

"Contacting the Hyperion," Starlight replied, informing Chrysalis that she was trying to contact Ratchet, since he was the captain of the starship that was going to be picking them up in the next day or so, because now that the idea had been offered to her she wanted to act upon it immediately, before hearing the noise she was waiting for, "Ratchet, are you there? It's Starlight and Chrysalis."

"Yeah, I'm here." a voice said, where Chrysalis watched as a familiar feline-like person appeared on Starlight's screen, which happened to be Ratchet, the Lombax that Starlight and Sunset had grown up with on Veldin when they were originally displaced by the crystal mirror that Discord had tampered with, before he smiled at them, "What's up Starlight? You calling to be sure that I don't miss picking you guys up tomorrow?"

"Actually, I was hoping you could come get us a day early." Starlight said, where a look of surprise appeared on Ratchet's face for a moment, as it was unusual for her to ask to be picked up earlier than planned, which told him that something had happened, something that she was going to tell him about, "Ratchet, we might have come up with a way to figure out where the Lombaxes went, or at the very least figure out where they hid the coordinates to the dimension that they fled to."

"Really?!" a second voice exclaimed, where the pair noticed that there was someone else on the bridge of the starship, which turned out to be a female Lombax that was dressed up in brown robes, ones that covered the armor that she usually wore, though they recognized the ponytail she wore easily, as she was Angela Cross, Ratchet's wife, "Leave it to Starlight to figure out a way to locate the rest of our race, or at least an idea on what to do next. Sure, we'll swing by Equus and pick you guys up in the next ten minutes."

"See you guys when you arrive." Chrysalis said, where Starlight disconnected the link she had created and powered off her tablet for the moment, though neither of them were surprised by the fact that Angela had promised that they would be here so soon, because while Ratchet was the Captain of the starship the ship actually belonged to Angela, since it was originally her research ship before she joined the trio on their adventures, requiring her to upgrade the ship into what it currently was.

Starlight took the opportunity to tell the others that she and Chrysalis would be leaving for some time, and that she had no idea when either of them would be able to return, while also making sure that someone would tell Sunset what they were doing, so she didn't get annoyed by them leaving without saying anything. It gave Chrysalis a few minutes to make sure her armor and weapons were at the ready, even though they wouldn't need them for some time, since they weren't going into hostile territory, but in the end she was prepared for whatever happened after they rejoined the others on the Hyperion. It also gave Chrysalis some time to think about what they had learned from reading the texts, which had been found by Angela shortly before the call came in for her and Starlight to return to Equus, for the tournament, and while Chrysalis had taken part in the tournament Starlight had started on the research, so Angela was hoping that they had a solid answer as to where the Lombaxes had hidden themselves. She found it hard to imagine that they would learn anything from Aphelion, if they couldn't find anything in all the texts they had studied so far, but if Starlight thought there was a chance that they could find the key to figuring out this entire mystery by checking with Aphelion, despite the odds against such a thing happening, Chrysalis was willing to help her out before she was called away to help the other heroes save a village or a planet from some sort of attack.

Fortunately it wasn't long before a doorway appeared on the wall near them, as Starlight had created a device on the Hyperion that allowed her to open a magical gateway between this castle and the starship, and because she had been waiting for a notice to arrive that the Hyperion was near Equus' moon, where Ratchet usually waited with the starship, she was able to open the way the moment she got the alert, allowing her and Chrysalis to say their farewells before passing through the gateway, only to appear on the bridge of a large spaceship.

Ratchet, wearing a suit of armor that was a grade lower that Starlight's armor, since he figured he didn't need that much protection all the time since Starlight's weapons and his own skills were more than enough to avoid taking any sort of damage, was sitting in the captain's chair, where he smiled as he noticed them. Standing near him was Angela, though in the time between their communication and now she had opened part of her robe, revealing the standard armor that she wore when they were adventuring, as well as a cylindrical device on her belt, which was actually her weapon, even though it wasn't in use at the moment. There was also one other member of the team that was present, a small silver robot that was called Clank, who was Ratchet's friend and companion, as he usually sat on Ratchet's back when they were out adventuring and had a number of gadgets he could use that would help them in the field, though right now he was sitting in a chair, closing what he had been looking at, before joining them. Starlight smiled as she walked over to the captain's chair and embraced Ratchet when he stood up, though a second later her horn glowed and the gateway vanished, since it was no longer necessary for the time being, before Angela and Clank joined them so they could hear her big idea on how to locate the Lombaxes.

"I heard that you have an idea on how to locate the Lombaxes." Clank commented, breaking up the reunion for a moment, because while it was great to have both Starlight and Chrysalis back, since they were great heroes and he was sure that someone might need their assistance in the future, this was a serious topic that all of them had been working on, in their own ways, and he was curious as to what they might have found.

"Actually, Chrysalis was the one that inspired me to consider this idea." Starlight admitted, because she wasn't going to steal her friend's thunder, even if nothing happened and they were back to square one once more, but for some reason she had the feeling that this was going to work, before she turned to face the group, "She told me that it was a shame that Kaden didn't give Aphelion any clues as to how someone might locate the dimension that the Lombaxes went to, and it made me realize that we never asked Aphelion if she had anything to share with us."

"So we ask my father's ship if he left her anything?" Ratchet asked, as it was an unusual idea to be sure, especially since Aphelion had been in the middle of a fight during the first assault on Fastoon, which had resulted in her being grounded before going offline, before he and the others found her anyway, only for him to shrug, "Okay, I'm sure that she might have some idea or a clue we could use to figure out this mystery. Just let me call her up to the bridge and we'll ask her if she knows anything."

Normally it would be a terrible idea for a ship to fly through a bigger one, since that could cause damage to the interior of the larger one, but Starlight had come up with a way for the sentient ship to project itself as a hologram, an AI of sorts, which allowed Aphelion to explore the Hyperion or relax near Ratchet and the others when she wasn't needed to fly them down to a planet they were visiting or assisting in some manner. This system had been developed long ago, after her second adventure with Ratchet, and they had been making updates to it ever since, but these days there weren't a lot of AI on the Hyperion, not that such a thing bothered Aphelion, since she was happy with the freedom that she had been given so far. Ratchet returned to the captain's chair for a moment and input a small message, one that would do down to the hanger, where Aphelion was resting, before being redirected to the part of the ship that her AI was in, or just to her physical form, so she'd know they wanted to speak with her. A few moments later the door to the bridge opened and a blue skinned Lombax with cyan blue stripes, who was female by the body type and was dressed in brown shorts and a green shirt, walked up to them, though the partly transparent look revealed that it was an AI.

"You wanted to see me, Ratchet?" the AI asked, where Chrysalis recognized the voice that came from Aphelion, which meant that this was the form she used whenever she was relaxing, something that she likely missed seeing every time she was aboard the ship, since she would be focused on the next mission.

"Starlight has an idea on how we might locate the rest of the Lombaxes," Ratchet said, though he was used to seeing this form that Aphelion used, since she liked to use it whenever she got the chance to relax between missions, and both Angela and Clank had grown used to seeing this form as well, before he returned to the topic at hand, "She and Chrysalis believe that, since you were my father's ship at the time the Lombaxes disappeared, you might have been given some clue or piece of information that might help us figure out where they went, or at the very least point us in the right direction of what we're looking for."

"Really?" Aphelion inquired, as that was a surprise, because she was expecting something completely different, before she nodded her head and turned towards the pair that had come to her seeking answers, where she called up a screen that showed them the files that she had in her memory, most of which Starlight had already seen, "I'm not sure how much help I'll be to you, since I've already gone over all the files that Kaden left me, recovered any that were lost thanks to the Zoni finding them for me, and I've shown you everything that might be of assistance in determining where the Lombaxes went or how to find them."

"Then there has to be something we missed." Starlight said, as she believed that Chrysalis was on the right track, that asking Aphelion was the answer to the mystery, because if something happened to Kaden she knew the way to find the Lombaxes would have disappeared and she refused to believe that they didn't plan for that outcome either, which was why there had to be something inside Aphelion that would tell them what they needed to know.

"What about that file?" Chrysalis commented, as while she hadn't read or seen all the files that Starlight had, since she's only known Aphelion for about a year, there was one file on the screen that stood out to her, one that was labeled as 'Junk' and hadn't been accessed for a long time, which made her wonder why it was still around, since she was sure that Aphelion or someone else would have deleted it at some point.

"It's just a bunch of letters and numbers," Aphelion replied, though at the same time, since she knew that Starlight would want to check it out now that it had been spotted, she waved her hand and the file in question opened, revealing a list of numbers that seemed to have no sense to them, "I only kept it because it's a file that Kaden gave me, one that he said I'd figure out why he gave it to me one day, but I'm positive that this was his way of messing with me."

"Wait a second," Starlight said, as while Chrysalis and Aphelion were talking, and the others were watching them while they tried to determine if this was a waste of time, she started to notice something, which was why she raised her hand and circled the first set of numbers, or more accurately the first part, "Look at this, T-105, could that mean text number one hundred and five? And the set of numbers following it, could those mean a specific page, followed by the line, and either a word or a letter?"

"Lombax text number 105," Angela stated, calling up the text that she had given Starlight and Chrysalis to, after finding them anyway, and followed the sequence that Starlight had mentioned, scrolling down to the page in question, then locating the line, before moving to the final number, which landed on the word 'planet', "Huh, well, it certainly gave me a word to work with, planet, because if we counted letters we wouldn't get the letter p at all."

Starlight glanced at Chrysalis for a moment, as it seemed that the idea to ask Aphelion about the Lombaxes might have been the right idea after all, especially since she wouldn't have thought about it, before she turned her attention to the next sequence as the group opened their tablets and started checking the various sequences that were in the file that Aphelion had been given. They were also fortunate that Angela had found the ancient Lombax vault on the planet she had been searching, while the rest of them were busy helping the other planets of the galaxies out, as it could only be opened by a Lombax, not a real shocker considering that all their secrets seemed to be hidden by a similar mechanism, and that she made sure to grab everything and get out of there, as there some workers that were planning on turning the area the vault was in into a new development. Angela also made sure to remove any markings that would label the vault as a Lombax structure, since raiders would be all over it in minutes if they knew one had been opened, so all that was left behind was an empty cave with nothing of value, meaning it would be broken down and replaced soon enough. After what happened with Tachyon, who eventually caught up with them and seized the Dimensionator, only to be killed by a powerful creature, they were taking no chances and were ensuring that if someone did follow the trail they left they would be hard pressed to figure out what was going on.

It took them about ten minutes to go through the list of sequences that Aphelion had been given, but in the end it was well worth it, because the message read 'Planet Mu, Haven of the Lombaxes' followed by a series of numbers that Starlight recognized instantly, as they were the type of coordinates one would be given for a planet, and there was a line after that, one that indicated that the Dimensionator was needed to reach the area that Planet Mu was in.

"Ratchet, it's time we paid Igliak a visit." Starlight said, though at the same time she was smiling, because they had uncovered the key to finding out where the Lombaxes had hidden themselves and knew what they needed to do, and it was all because Chrysalis had to mention asking Aphelion if she knew anything.

"Um, why are we going to Igliak?" Chrysalis asked, as she was still getting used to the fact that there were a number of planets out there in the universe that she hadn't visited yet, even though Starlight made it a point to visit each of them so she'd have a better understanding of their vast universe, before taking her seat as the others did as well.

"It's where we've been keeping the real Dimensionator, even though it's busted." Starlight replied, though that didn't make her smile disappear, instead she kept it on her face as the Hyperion shot forward, entering the warp space that would allow them to get to their destination within a few minutes, "I might know how to repair it, after reading some of those texts Angela found... one of them was on repairing Lombax weapons, and there was a small passage about how to repair a Dimensionator, even though the Lombaxes only built one of them."

Chrysalis had to admit that she was grateful that Starlight had read that text, as she was sure that the time it took to figure out what it said was more than her friend was willing to admit, before she turned her head towards the front of the ship and waited for them to emerge on the other side.


Igliak, from what Chrysalis discovered, was a thriving planet with a vast number of beings that called it home, the exact number unknown as Starlight told her they were still discovering more creatures that lived on the planet, and it had two large cities, Meridian City and Luminopolis, both of which had been damaged very recently, due to attacks from two different enemies, but Ratchet and the others had repelled them. As it turned out their destination was Meridian City, or more accurately the Intergalactic Museum of History, where the broken Dimensionator was hiding in plain sight, under the watchful eyes of the Prog siblings, who Starlight had to tell Chrysalis about as they neared the planet. From what she was told Vendra and Neftin Prog were once criminals, for a number of crimes that Starlight didn't have time to get into at the moment, but later they discovered that the pair had been used by the Nethers, the race of beings that they belonged to, only the siblings had been trapped in this dimension for far too long and gained physical forms, who wanted to invade this dimension from the Netherverse, which was a parallel dimension to the one they were currently in. Long story short they joined forces with the siblings and defeated the Nethers, sealing them back in their dimension, even though Meridian City was damaged during the attack, and the Prog siblings had promised Ratchet and his family that they would make amends for their actions, by helping the heroes save other worlds and, more importantly, keep an eye on the Dimensionator, though only one of them was on the planet at any given moment.

Chrysalis decided that it was best if she didn't ask why that was, since she figured the Prog siblings would live close to the planet, or at least the museum, and followed the others down to the planet's surface, which was a walkway that let them approach the large building that the Dimensionator was being held in... and, standing at the front of the museum, was what appeared to be a young girl with a large head and a slender pale body, who wore purple clothing with a hat that had red horns, which could possibly be her hair.

"I was wondering why I felt your energies again, Starlight." Vendra commented, as Chrysalis had been told that Vendra was a skilled user of telekinesis and other telepathic powers, something that Starlight had originally believed would disappear after the Nether Leader was banished back to his realm, but this was another case of her being wrong, since Vendra was floating in the air in front of them.

"Well, I do have some new weapon ideas that I would love your input on," Starlight replied, as she was constantly making new weapons, either for herself, her family, or the other heroes that were out there, tackling the villains that would seek to control the three galaxies they knew about, before deciding to tell Vendra the truth, "but there is a much more serious reason as to why we came back... we need the Dimensionator."

Vendra floated there for a moment, taking in the expressions of the people in front of her, especially noting that both Ratchet and Angela seemed excited for some reason, before determining that they must have discovered something that was connected to the Lombaxes, hence the reason they needed the Dimensionator, to which she nodded her head and turned around so she could head into the museum. Chrysalis would have paid attention to the various exhibits that they walked by, since this was the first time she was visiting this place, but since they were here on business she figured that she could follow her group and maybe arrange for a visit in the future. When Vendra came to a stop, however, Chrysalis looked in front of her and raised an eyebrow as she stared at what they were looking at, because in front of them rested what appeared to be some sort of helmet or a hat, or a combination of the two, that seemed to be made out of metal and had a few items that she didn't recognize. She would have asked what in the world they were looking at, but she found that such a thing wasn't necessary, since the looks on the faces around her revealed that this was the Dimensionator, which she figured was something unassuming, like a watch or a necklace, instead of a hat that had the potential to tear part of the galaxy, if not part of the universe, apart.

It was amazing that Sunset let such a device remain in this universe, with the potential ruin it could bring, but the look on Starlight's face indicated that not only might she be able to fix it, but also come up with a way to prevent that level of disaster from happening, which was why she said nothing as she removed the Dimensionator from it's perch and retreated to the Hyperion, causing the others to follow after her.

Once they were aboard the starship, and Vendra had joined them since she was interested in what the group was planning on doing with the device, Starlight went to her workshop and activated a screen that would allow them to watch from the safety of the bridge, before weaving her magic over the device. It was in those moments that the Dimensionator pulled itself apart, safely and without anything being ruined in the process, making it look like she was staring at a set of weapon drawings that were floating in the air in front of her, before she went to work on the device. Starlight let her horn glow as she started to remove specific parts from the Dimensionator, something that would normally be dangerous considering the nature of the device, but in it's current state she had nothing to worry about, especially since the next thing she did was replace the pieces she removed with a pristine version, showing them that she was replacing any burnt out or totally ruined parts, to make the device work again. Chrysalis would have been worried, about the fact that there was no way Starlight had all the components that the Lombaxes used to make the device in the first place, but she was surprised when she found that all the containers around the room seemed to have a number of spare parts that she could use, and when she looked at one of the items in question she found that one of them was identical to what had been inside the Dimensionator, so she shut her mouth and let Starlight work.

Starlight worked on repairing the Dimensionator for about ten minutes, which she was able to achieve because she was skilled at studying weapons and gadgets before either creating new ones or coming up with a way to improve one that already existed, before she pulled the device together and let it take a solid shape once more. Instead of saying anything to them, about what she had done, Starlight picked up the device and walked out of the workshop, where they followed her back to the bridge, though when they arrived at their destination she opened a slot that contained a device that she and Angela made, the Gravimetric Warp Drive to be exact, before she smiled as she went to work. It didn't take her long to slip the Dimensionator into the slot that the warp drive was in, and that it was properly connected to the ship's systems, before she nodded to Ratchet and the others, which was when everyone returned to their chairs while Vendra floated in the air near Starlight's chair. Once everyone was ready Starlight raised her left hand and pulled on the handle that would activate the powerful device, which generally caused the Dimensionator to expand into a larger form, or at least that was what Chrysalis had heard, only for it to remain in it's smaller frame as it's energies flooded the Hyperion, causing her to turn towards Angela, who input the coordinates that they had found earlier.

In the following moments a light blue beam of energy shot out from the front of the Hyperion, one that came from one of the weapon systems that they almost never used but kept up to date in case they needed it in a battle with space pirates, and had been easy for Starlight to reassign to this purpose, that struck the space some distance in front of them, open to open a large blue circular portal... one that, when they looked at it, showed a planet that seemed to be full of life, showing them that the way was open to Planet Mu.

Ratchet smiled as he had the Hyperion go through the portal that was in front of them, where it was like gong though the warp space when they traveled from Equus to Igliak, only for them to emerge from the space not a few seconds later, with them on the other side of the portal, one that closed once they were completely on the other side. Once they were in uncharted territory, since the charts didn't include this area, Starlight powered down the Dimensionator before she and the others stared down at the planet that rested in front of them, one that was green, showing signs of life, as well as a number of bodies of water, meaning there was a good chance the Lombaxes were still down there. Instead of heading down with the Hyperion, since it was a starship that was outfitted for war, as well as having a number of areas that were living quarters and relaxation areas, Ratchet and the others headed to the dock and boarded Aphelion, whose insides had been expanded by the Zoni when she was repaired, so she could fit a larger group without having to worry about leaving someone behind. The moment everyone was ready to leave Ratchet pulled them out of the dock and they headed down towards the planet that was below them, where he made sure that they headed towards the outskirts of what appeared to be a large city that rivaled Meridian City in size and population.

A few moments later, after breaching the planet's atmosphere, Aphelion found a clearing that was near the walls of the city and touched down, even though she was making sure that her ship's signature, one that any Lombax would recognize, was being broadcast to the city, so they might be welcomed by friendly Lombaxes and not ones that were armed to the teeth because they 'stole' Aphelion from Fastoon's ruins. As they landed, however, the gate opened and both Ratchet and Angela paused for a moment, because what marched out of the gate was a squad of at least twenty Lombaxes that were wearing armor that looked identical to what Azimuth wore all the time, which consisted of plates on their chests, shoulders, and legs, thin enough to not overemcumber them while no doubt being thick enough to protect them from damage. Each of them were wielding the double-bladed Omniwrench that Azimuth wielded when he went into battle, while the Lombax at the front of the line, the commander the group guessed, wore a red cape and a symbl that had to be connected to his rank, but Ratchet, Clank, Angela, and Starlight knew that this was the Praetorian Guard, the elite group of warriors that protected the Lombaxes and dealt with their enemies, meaning they were either here to see who they were or they were here to deal with them.

Instead of wasting time, and being shocked by what was in front of them, Aphelion opened up and let the group climb out of her, where Ratchet and Angela stood at the head of their group, as they were hoping that the Praetorian Guard would pause when they noticed that two Lombaxes had found their sanctuary... though what really happened was that the commander approached them while the rest of his force stood some distance away, meaning that if they were deemed to be a threat the force would attack them.

"We received a notice that an old Lombax ship signature had appeared on our radar," the commander said, his tone revealing that he was going for the friendly route this time, while also making sure to keep his guard up in case something happened, where he glanced at Aphelion for a moment, "one that belonged to Aphelion, the ship of Kaden, who stayed behind with the brave Praetorian Guards that guarded the escape of our race, before hiding the Dimensionator and took it's resting place to his grave. The fact that you two are here, with Aphelion and arriving by using a portal that can only be created by the Dimensionator, could mean a number of things, but before I say anything else there is one thing I have to know... who are all of you?"

"Angela Cross, Master Jedi of the newly established Jedi Order," Angela replied, as she and her friends had found a fragment of the legendary Codex that contained all the information of the 'Star Wars' universe, which had inspired the creation of a force of warriors that protected the galaxies with the use of lightsabers.

"And I am Ratchet Cross, Angela's husband and hero of the Solana, Bogon, and Polaris Galaxies." Ratchet added, because stating that they were heroes might convince the Praetorian Guards that they were friendlies and that they weren't here to decimate the city or the Lombaxes, which reminded him of something, "And yes, the two of us are three of the remaining Lombaxes in the three galaxies."

"I see that things have changed since we've been gone," the commander said, where he raised his left hand and formed a fist over his heart, the salute that the Praetorian Guard used all the time, as both Ratchet and Angela recognized it immediately, as Azimuth had used it when they first met him and continued to do so, "Levi Azimuth, Four-Bolt Magistrate of the Lombax Praetorian Guard, at your service."

"Wait, your last name is Azimuth?" Starlight asked, because that was something that none of them were expecting, at least those that knew Alister, the Lombax that had helped them discover the Great Clock, which he was now protecting with his life, and she could tell that Levi was surprised by her question, "But, that would make your Alister's brother!"

"Younger brother, actually." Levi replied, though that was when a smile appeared on his face, because despite the other members of his race rejecting Alister from joining them in their sanctuary, after what he did before Tachyon came to power, he was relieved to hear that his older brother was just fine, "Come, I shall escort you and your companions to the Council, where you can tell them everything that's happened since we were forced to retreat from Fastoon."

Ratchet and Angela were the first ones to follow after Levi, where they finished introducing the rest of their group as the guards dispersed, showing them that they came to the decision, based on their commander's actions, that they meant the Lombaxes no harm and that they were free to continue their duties. Chrysalis, while noting that Levi seemed a little surprised by the fact that Ratchet had two adopted sisters, since neither Starlight or Sunset shared any relation to him, took the chance to stare at the city that they had walked into, as it resembled Meridian City, meaning that the people of Igliak had been inspired by the Lombaxes. In fact, as they walked down the street that Levi was taking them down, she found that there were a large number of the lost race living their lives, almost as if they hadn't been forced to leave their homes behind, and none of them actually seemed bothered by new arrivals, meaning this was either common for the Lombaxes or they had been preparing for an event like this to happen and weren't surprised to see that someone finally found them. Many of them were also accompanied by robotic companions, sort of like how Ratchet was accompanied by Clank, and it seemed that the bonds between them was in terms of friendship, which seemed to bring a smile to Clank's face as they headed towards the building in the middle of the city.

As it turned out this was where the Council, the ruling body of the Lombax society, gathered and ruled from, though there were only three members, one in charge of the military, of which Levi was a part of, the second watching over all the research they did, and keeping the blueprints safe so this didn't happen again, while the third dealt with agriculture, which made sense seeing how food was just as important as the military and the inventions they used to keep themselves safe from harm. The military commander, who was Levi's boss, was called Raziel, as he only gave them his first name and made them wonder if he didn't have a last name, while the master researcher went by the name of Dengen, and while Raziel was wearing armor Dengen had a lab coat on, which likely hide his accessories when he was in a meeting, leaving the third Lombax, who was female, who revealed that her name was Eryn. Once they knew who the Council members were, and that they were willing to listen before passing judgement, Ratchet and Angela told them the tale of what happened after Tachyon sized control of the Polaris Galaxy, shortly after the Lombaxes disappeared and Kaden hid the Dimensionator, even though it was later found and hidden again by Max Apogee, a famous explorer. It was a piece of history that Starlight had to put together when they were exploring that galaxy, before they could understand it, but the Council members caught on to what they were saying and nodded their heads, allowing the duo to continue with what they had been doing while Tachyon was ruling their old galaxy.

For Starlight this was just another telling of the adventures they had been through, something that Chrysalis had heard a few times in the past, but the group made sure to not bore the Council members and skimmed through each of the villains they came across, while also highlighting important events, before coming to the one they wanted to know about, their meeting with Tachyon. The Council members and Levi, who was guarding the door on their side and was listening to the tale, were very interested in what happened after Ratchet met up with Tachyon, even though they had to explain why Angela wasn't around him at the time, since she had been busy attacking the enemy forces in another part of the city, before they eventually got back together, after locating and restoring Aphelion. After that they went into their quest to find the powerful Dimensionator, the planets they visited and the battles they had been in, before revealing that Fastoon was no longer around, as it had been destroyed, along with the Cragmites, before the planet could be detonated by a wormhole that threated to wipe out the entire universe, and that Tachyon had been killed before that happened. At first the idea of magic and beings that could control that energy caused the Council members to raise their eyebrows, only for Starlight and Chrysalis to demonstrate that it was real, allowing the tale to continue for a time, going into the quest that brought them into contact with Levi's brother, Alister Azimuth.

What really impressed the Council was when the group told them how they had discovered where their sanctuary was hidden, which was when Chrysalis informed them that it was her stating that it was a shame that Aphelion didn't have any information that caused them to check with her, eventually discovering the 'Junk' file that really contained the code that allowed them to determine where Planet Mu was located... and they were equally impressed to hear that Starlight had fixed the Dimensionator and made it so that the universe was no longer in danger if it was used.

"With Tachyon and the Cragmites gone, I guess there's no reason for us to live in isolation anymore." Eryn said, when the tale of how they came to this point was finally done, while at the same time both Raziel and Dengen nodded their heads in agreement, showing that they were thinking the same thing, before she turned towards the group, "Well then, I guess it's settled. Tomorrow the Council will accompany you back to the Polaris Galaxy, with some of the Praetorian Guards, and reveal ourselves to the rest of the known universe, that we're coming out of where we've been hidden and that we'll be rejoining society, and then we'll move on once we've reached that point in time."

Starlight and Chrysalis smiled, as not only did they discover the sanctuary of a race that most people believed to be extinct, since they only knew of three living members of the race, but had, somehow, convinced them that it was time to end their isolation and rejoin society... but they were sure that the universe was going to be a much better place now tht the Lombaxes were coming back, and they were positive that Sunset would agree with them.

PreviousChapters Next