• Published 21st Jan 2019
  • 2,888 Views, 432 Comments

Dragon Ball Super: Fate of the Multiverse - Blackdrag-rose



Sunset Shimmer, Celestia, and Twilight Sparkle attend a meeting at Lord Zeno's palace, unaware that the ultimate battle between multiple universes was about to begin... and that they might be dragged into the battle as well.

  • ...
30
 432
 2,888

PreviousChapters Next
Tournament: Universe 2's Folly

Chrysalis found that everyone had stopped fighting once Kefla and Gogeta started fighting each other, as they tore up the area around them and showed the other universes that both of them had been incredibly strong, and in the end, as she thought, Universe 7's fusion warrior came out on top, eliminating Champa's trump card. That meant that he had to put his faith in the two Namekians that were currently engaging Gohan and Piccolo, who she and her team were staying away from since it was clear that the duo didn't need their help at all, meaning that the other warriors of the Universe 7 team, not counting Goku and Vegeta, were keeping the warriors of the other universes busy. Of course her own team was watching the remaining enemies and were waiting for Sombra to tell them who they would be attacking, or not if they determined that on their own, and none of them went after the warriors of Universe 2, as Sombra declared that they were hers to deal with, since her abilities overpowered everything Ribrianne and her allies could throw at her. There were plenty of targets for her team to tackle, to reduce the number of warriors overall, and from the looks of things the four Gods of Destruction who weren't participating in the tournament found it funny that no one, besides Beerus and Sunset, knew that her team still had all their warriors, and that they weren't even tired yet.

As she thought about the other universes, however, she reflected on how funny it was that Ribrianne and her fellow warriors of love hadn't noticed that she was siphoning their love energy out of each attack they threw at her, giving her more energy to use against them when she decided that it was time to eliminate them.

"Halt, Warrior of Darkness, you shall go no further!" a voice said, to which Chrysalis turned her head and found that her main target, Ribrianne, had come to her anyway, saving her the trouble of heading out and looking for her, though at the same time she had the feeling that it was likely Heles' plan to get rid of her before she became a problem, which was going to cost them more than just their love energy.

"Ah, I was waiting for you to return so we could continue our fight." Chrysalis commented, as that was true, because she was hoping that her foe would seek her out, instead of her hunting for her prey like usual, and she was happy to see that Ribrianne came to her, and she was accompanied by Rozie once more, "And I see you brought Rozie with you as well, not doubt to make sure you knock me off the fighting stage this time."

"Oh, we're not alone." Rozie stated, where she beckoned to an area behind her, allowing Chrysalis to see that the three remaining male warriors from Universe 2 had gathered nearby, meaning they might be planning on coming at her for a five-on-one battle, which would only make this easier for her, "Zirloin, Zarbuto, and Rabanra will be watching your every move while we fight, so if, by some odd chance, you eliminate us from the fighting stage, their wrath will be quick and you'll be knocked out as well."

"Love is always a surprise attack, as it comes unexpectedly!" Ribrainne added, as if she was saying that this was their surprise attack, despite announcing it a few moments ago and ruining any chance they had of surprising her, which wasn't that great to begin with since she could feel their love energy and find them within seconds, "Heles has determined that you are a threat to the safety of our universe, meaning that we are now charged with ending your suffering, before we move on to the rest of your team. Let's go, Rozie! Now's our chance to show our love!"

Rozie nodded her head as the two of them jumped backwards, landing on one of the smaller rock pillars that they had been standing near, while at the same time the three males stood on the sidelines and cheered them on, showing that it was Chrysalis versus the same warriors she had been fighting for a long time. Chrysalis, as usual, stood still as she watched her opponents, as they mentioned that it was 'time for her punishment', despite them just saying that they were here to 'end her suffering', before stating their usual comment before they did joint attacks, as in 'let this emotion reach you'. This time around Ribrianne and Rozie spun around in the air for a moment before they formed a heart with their arms and legs, while at the same time saying 'Yours and my, Love Symphony', which combined their love energies into a single mass and allowed them to fire a large heart shaped energy blast at Chrysalis. Instead of moving, like anyone else would do in this situation, Chrysalis let her aura surround her as she raised her hand towards the heart, where she sucked in all the love energy that was coming towards her and nullified any damage the attack would have done, just like she did to every attack the pair had used against her since they started fighting. That was the thing that interested her the most, that no matter how many times she did this, and made little comments about their love energies, neither Ribrianne or Rozie seemed to understand that they were fighting the wrong opponent, and at this point she wasn't going to correct them until it was too late for them to stop her.

Despite having seen this a few times in the past, since she had seen them spying on her earlier fights, Chrysalis could tell that the three male warriors were still caught off guard by the fact that none of the attacks that the maidens had used against her seemed to be doing anything, even though they clearly had faith that their bad luck would be turned around at some point in the near future.

"Love always has obstacles, that's true." Ribrianne stated, as if she had thought of a reason behind why none of their attacks were working, but at the same time Chrysalis determined that her opponent was still wrong in her thoughts, as she was clearly thinking about something else and not the battle that was happening, "It's true love that can overcome any obstacle, so don't worry, heartless Warrior of Darkness, our love will shine down upon you and embrace you as you fall off the fighting stage!"

"I fight to avenge Kakunsa, so I will show you the power of lost love!" Rozie added, showing that, despite the form she was wearing, she also didn't understand what was going on and was still relying on the power of their universe to deal with a foe that they couldn't defeat, not when they were sending their love to her like they were.

"Lost love? Don't you dare speak to me about such a thing," Chrysalis replied, causing the pair of warriors to stop for a few seconds, as they were surprised to hear her say something like that, and she could tell that the males were also taken aback by her statement, before she focused on her true opponents, Ribrianne and Rozie, "You're just angry that someone took one of your teammates out, someone you may or may not have had a crush on, and now you're looking to use your power to have your revenge for her defeat, even if it's on a warrior from another universe."

Rozie growled as she burst through the air and attacked her, though while Chrysalis was correct in her being angry over Kakunsa's defeat, as it was there in high quantities, the love inside her heart was much stronger and her attacks reflected that, even though her attack caused Ribrianne to follow her as well. While Rozie attacked from the front, and kept Chrysalis' attention on her for now, Ribrianne attacked from behind, using her Pretty Love Machine Gun to fire a series of heart shaped ki blasts at her, where once again they slammed into Chrysalis' aura and their love energy was devoured, causing her to continue her assault, despite the fact that it was a bad idea. Even when Rozie backed away from her, to fire a number of ki blasts from her Yacchaina Fist style, but due to them being laced with love energy, which every warrior from Universe 2 seemed to possess in varying quantities, there did nothing when they reached their target, as Chrysalis kept her aura up and soaked in the love energy from two different sources with a smile on her face. In fact, since her foes were so distracted with making sure she could do nothing, they failed to account for any of her powers, as she flashed backwards and swung her leg into Ribrianne's face, sending her into a rock wall, before flashing forward to do the same to Rozie, showing them that she wasn't as easy to defeat as they thought she would be.

Chrysalis did pause for a moment when she noticed that Ribrianne's face had been squished by her attack, as her eyes, mouth, and nose seemed to be covered by her skin for some odd reason, before Ribrianne got onto her feet and returned her face to normal, while at the same time Rozie got up and moved to her side, so they could face their foe together and plan out their next attack without shouting it at their target.

"We're still fighting two-on-one, yet we can't land a hit on her." Ribrianne commented, where she rubbed her face for a few seconds, as it felt a little sore where she had been struck, but at the same time she found that Rozie was keeping her eyes on their foe, who was just staring at them with a look of interest in her eyes, "We need to hit her while that aura of hers is down, otherwise we're never going to knock her off the fighting stage."

"That sounds like a plan." Rozie replied, as she was confident that at some point they would be able to break through their foe's aura, as it had to be tiring to keep up a technique that nullified their love and prevented it from reaching her, so all they had to do was keep pressuring her until that happened, and then they could focus on someone else.

Chrysalis kept herself from chuckling, as her opponents were actually foolish enough to talk about their plans while she was in front of them, meaning she knew they were going to try and smash her aura, something that would only happen if her energy was suddenly depleted, and right now she didn't see that happening at all. Of course the pair then returned to their usual attack pattern, Rozie getting up close and personal with her Yacchaina Fist while Ribrianne stayed further back and fired her Lovely Machine Gun, as if they thought that doing the same thing would allow them to overcome her abilities and knock her from the fighting stage. At the same time, however, Chrysalis kept her aura off for now and let the hearts slam into her while she was fighting Rozie, as she honestly didn't need the aura to suck in the love energy and had been doing so to lure her foes into thinking that she was doing something else, when in reality it was her natural abilities that allowed her to do this. Still, there was one good thing about her decision, as the disappearance of her aura caused the duo to increase their attacks, thus increasing the amount of love energy they were pouring into their attacks, and just so happened to be sending those attacks her way, meaning she devoured more love energy and still took no damage from any attack they sent at her.

In fact, due to her not taking any damage at all, Ribrianne tried something new, her Max Love Cannon, which was just another heart shaped ki blast that was laced with her love, though when Rozie moved out of the way Chrysalis remained where she was standing and let the attack hit her, allowing her to suck in all the love energy that Ribrianne had poured into the attack, causing her foes to growl as they regrouped once more.

"I see you're having fun over here." a voice said, to which Pinkie appeared in the space near Chrysalis, confusing both Ribrianne and Rozie for a moment, as it almost seemed like she was using some sort of Instant Transmission technique to suddenly do something like that, while at the same time Chrysalis turned her head a little to look at her teammate.

"You could say that." Chrysalis replied, because in a way she was having some fun, as this was the most love energy she had been able to siphon in a long time and it was really boosting her base powers by an extraordinary amount, even if that power was hidden to not alert her foes as to what she was doing, before she thought of something else, "So, what brings you all the way over to the area I'm fighting in?"

"Sombra told me to tell you that it's time to stop playing with your food." Pinkie stated, as only the members of their team understood what was happening between Chrysalis and the power that Universe 2 depended on, something that her foes had yet to figure out on their own.

"Yeah, I figured it was time I did them in." Chrysalis said, because despite the power she was getting she knew that the amount of love energy her foes possessed was starting to go down, as in they were starting to run out of energy to power any of their attacks, and soon they'd have to revert back to their base forms, which was what she was building towards since she started fighting her current opponents.

Pinkie, seeing that Chrysalis was actually getting ready to eliminate her foes, nodded her head and disappeared as quickly as she had appeared, once more surprising both of Chrysalis' opponents in the process, but at the same time that opened them up to what she had planned for them. It was such a simple thing, casting a low leveled spell that conjured a mist that shrouded her from Ribrianne and Rozie's view, and she watched as her foes looked around the area they were standing in, searching for her so they could continue their assault, which only allowed her to use a second minor spell on Ribrianne. This one was designed to make her see whatever she wanted, for a few moments anyway, and she placed a phantom image of her in the illusion she was seeing, causing Ribrianne to use her Maiden's Charge to chase after the illusion, all while leaving Rozie alone since she hadn't seen her teammate leave the area they were in. That, of course, was all part of the plan, because as the mist started to fade, since it wasn't supposed to last very long, Chrysalis activated another of her natural abilities and let green flames roll over her body, allowing her to transform into whatever form she desired, and right now she picked Ribrianne's base form, Brianne, and found that it was successful.

The interesting part about this was that she could transform into humans and her hooves would turn into feet, which kept the illusion from being ruined, though Chrysalis brought her attention back to what she was doing and coughed a few times, making sure that the voice was correct while also giving Rozie the illusion that she was actually Ribrianne.

"Rozie, there you are!" Chrysalis said, where anyone that was watching them would think that Ribrianne had decided to leave her teammate behind, before knowing something was up when they spotted that there were two of the warrior now, one in her base form and one in her transformed form, "Do you have any idea where that Warrior of Darkness wandered off to?"

"No, I couldn't see anything because of her tricky mist." Rozie replied, though at the same time she was happy to see that the mist was only a temporary thing, as it allowed the two of them to group up once more, before she noticed that her friend wasn't in her transformed state, "Why aren't you in your Ribrianne form?"

"I thought that, since she seems to be targeting me, that I could use myself as bait," Chrysalis stated, as there was a tactic that some warriors used, as in making one of their allies pretend to be doing nothing or have them lower their guard so their foes would attack them, and she was sure that Universe 2 would use this as well, as a last ditch effort since she had backed them into a corner, "once she focuses on me, and ignores everyone else around her, you can swoop in and knock her off the fighting stage. I'm sure she won't expect us to use such a tactic against her."

"That sounds like a better plan than what we were doing earlier," Rozie admitted, because so far she was finding that just attacking Chrysalis wasn't doing anything, as their attacks seemed to have no effect on her, and they were starting to run out of options, but she was happy to see that they had a new plan of attack.

Chrysalis was amused, because she had only a faint idea of how Ribrianne, in her base form, acted and it seemed like she was hitting the nail on the head, as her target seemed to have no idea that she wasn't who she said she was, while at the same time it gave her the chance to position herself in front of Rozie, who had her back turned to the edge of the fighting stage. Like all the other warriors that were competing in the tournament they were some distance away from the very edge of the stage they were fighting on, but at the same time she knew that a well placed blast would send Rozie flying out into the abyss, eliminating her in the process, and she was hoping that such a thing would enrage Ribrianne, thus allowing her to take them both out rather quickly. Of course that had a secondary side effect to knocking both of her main targets off the fighting stage, as it would also cause the three male warriors to charge at her with the desire to make her pay for her actions, meaning she could repeat the process with them and take all of Universe 2's warriors out in rapid succession, just like Sombra wanted. It was the perfect plan, one that neither of her foes would see coming until it was too late for them to do anything, and soon another team would be out of the tournament, she just had to be patient as she made sure Rozie was in the position that she needed her to be in.

In fact she also discovered that she could get really close to her first target, as Rozie let her stand a step or two away from her the entire time she was determining where they could set their trap, showing that she did believe that she was Brianne and not Chrysalis in disguise, which only brought a smile to her face.

"Hey, Rozie, remember what I told the Warrior of Darkness earlier?" Chrysalis asked, causing Rozie to stop what she was thinking about and glance over at her, something that was common between the female warriors of Universe 2, as they always seemed to let things distract them from their mission.

"Yeah, you said that love was like a..." Rozie started to say, showing that she remembered what her teammate had told Chrysalis a few moments ago, when they started the next round of their battle, while at the same time she lowered her guard, revealing how comfortable she was when she was near Brianne.

"ROZIE!" a voice loudly said, causing Rozie to look over Chrysalis' shoulder as the dust cleared, showing Ribrianne was standing off in the distance with a confused look on her face, though at the same time the same look graced her face as she glanced back to the person that was standing in front of her.

"A surprise!" Chrysalis finished, where she raised her right hand, causing her energy to flicker into existence not even a second later, before she loosed a beam of energy that slammed into Rozie's chest, one that was powerful enough to send her over the edge of the fighting stage, which was all thanks to the love energy she had absorbed from both her and Ribrianne since their battle started.

"Y... You FIEND! How dare you impersonate me and knock Rozie off the stage!" Ribrianne shouted, showing that she was angry over watching her friend being taken out of the tournament and that she was annoyed that someone had stolen how she looked in her base form, before she charged at her foe as Chrysalis went on the defensive once more, to take a few more drops of energy from her before she ended their battle.

"Hey! What's going on?" one of the Kings of All asked, as they had been interested in watching the battles unfold before their eyes, but when Chrysalis disappeared and Ribrianne started to battle herself, before she transformed, the two of them tilted their heads in confusion, causing them to direct their question to the Grand Priest, "Why is she fighting herself right now?"

"She's actually fighting Chrysalis." the Grand Priest replied, showing that he knew of the tricks and powers that the warriors from Universe 13 possessed, which he was keeping to himself until the Kings of All asked him about whatever was going on, before he glanced down at the fight that was unfolding, "Chrysalis is a changeling, a race of shapeshifters that can take on the appearance of anyone, regardless of species or gender, and they speak with the same voice as the person they are taking the appearance of, making it seem like they are the very person whose form they have assumed, all while fooling nearly everyone around them."

While the Kings of All got excited about such an ability, since they had never heard of anything like it, Chrysalis parried the attacks that were coming her way as she and Ribrianne moved around the area they were in, even though it was still in her favor since she was sucking in the love energy behind all of her foe's attacks. She could tell that Ribrianne was angry at the moment, because of Rozie's elimination, but at the same time that didn't effect her desire to spread love to all of the universes and didn't stop her from empowering her attacks with love energy, which she claimed for herself. Another reason that Ribrianne might be mad at her was because Chrysalis was still wearing her base form, moving around like she had been a human the entire time and not an ascended changeling, but even if that wasn't part of the reason she could tell that using this form annoyed her foe and made her sloppy, something that she was more than willing to take advantage of as they continued their fight. Of course the biggest thing she could use to her advantage was how easily the warriors from Universe 2 got distracted over something, be it their own allies or something one of their opponents did, and there was something she could say that would definitely cause Ribrianne to falter for a moment.

The moment came when Ribrianne fired her Pretty Love Machine Gun at her, allowing Chrysalis to summon her aura once more and soak in the love energy that was being launched at her, just like she had done in the past, and once that was done her foe growled and readied herself for the next attack she had planned, which happened to be the perfect moment that Chrysalis was waiting for.

"So, out of curiosity, do you and Rozie eat a lot of fruit?" Chrysalis asked, though at the same time she licked her lips as she sucked in the last bits of love energy from the last attack, knowing that this was going to stall her foe for a few seconds and create an opening that she could use against her, "Because both of your love energies taste so sweet."

Ribrianne paused for a few seconds, confusion written on her face since she had no idea what Chrysalis was even taking about at the moment, and that was what Chrysalis was hoping for, as she rushed forward not a second later and delivered a powerful uppercut that sent Ribrianne straight into the air, before getting up there and kicked her in the chest, sending her flying into a rock wall... though the process of doing that caused Ribrianne to revert to her original state, her Brianne form, before falling to the ground as Chrysalis landed some distance in front of her.

"Well, I guess our fight is over." Chrysalis commented, because at this point the return of the real Brianne meant that her opponent's love energy had to be empty or nearly empty, especially when she considered how much of it she sucked in over the course of their battle, before she focused on Brianne, "However, I must say that you were..."

"Stop speaking in my voice!" Brianne said, showing that she was focused on the fact that Chrysalis was still wearing her form and speaking with the voice that she used, instead of worrying about herself and the fact that her time in the tournament was almost over, causing Chrysalis to shrug as she let the flames race over her body, returning her to her true form once again.

"Like I said, Brianne, you were quite impressive during our fight." Chrysalis continued, showing that she was going to honor her opponent's request to stop wearing her form and using her voice, while at the same time revealing that she was picking up where she left off, especially since she was focused on her opponent, "Your power over love... truthfully, I never thought that I would see its like outside of Princess Cadance, especially the vast well of energy that you possess. However, even with the power of love on your side, you were never going to beat me in a fight."

"You... you... villain!" Brianne snapped, revealing that she was still focusing on the fact that she considered Chrysalis to be one of the evilest warriors in the tournament, something that she reinforced thanks to all the warriors that had been eliminated from her team, which she was holding Chrysalis accountable for, "Warrior of Darkness, my love will..."

"You still haven't figured it out yet?" Chrysalis inquired, as she figured that now was the best time to reveal the truth to her opponent, because she had the feeling that even if she did neither Brianne or her fellow warriors would believe her, which would bring a swift end to all of them, but she was happy to see her foe pause for a second, "Well then, seeing how you have unwittingly aided me over the course of our battles, I suppose that it's only fair that I reveal to you the reason why none of your attacks have worked against me... including the reason that you will lose to me."

"I helped you?" Brianne asked, though that was followed by her shaking her head, showing that she wouldn't believe what Chrysalis told her and would continue to fight till the bitter end, as her defeat would only inspire the other warriors of her team to take Chrysalis out, "Don't be ridiculous, I would never help someone like you."

"Trust me, you've helped me quite a bit. You know the power of love that you speak so fondly of?" Chrysalis replied, referring to the power that Brianne was capable of using, both in her base form and in her transformed state, where she noticed that her foe seemed to quiet down so she could reveal the truth to her, even if she refused to believe what she was going to tell her, "Allow me to reintroduce myself: I am Chrysalis, the former Queen of the Changelings, a race of shapeshifters that used to feed off of love, before they became what they are now under Thorax's leadership, leaving me as the sole changeling that can still feed off of love. Your attacks are never going to work against me, not when I can drain the love energy from them and nullify their powers when they hit me or my aura... face it, Brianne, I was just toying around with you, playing with my food as Pinkie put it, and now it's time to eliminate you from the tournament."

"Not yet! I refuse to believe that such a thing is possible!" Brianne declared, confirming Chrysalis' thoughts that she would refuse the truth when she told her it, but at the same time she pressed both of her hands firmly against the ground, like she had been doing since she reverted back to her base form, before she looked up at her foe, "Big Amour!"

Chrysalis watched as a vine made out of love energy burst out of the floor beneath her and wrapped around her right leg, going all the way up till it reached her waist, which was where it wrapped around her entire body and pinned her arms to her side as it lifted her up into the air, before a large transparent heart formed over her, like Brianne was trying to keep her in one place so she could eliminate her.

"Great love is binding! You can't escape from it now!" Brianne stated, showing that she believed the battle had turned in her favor, when the reality was that she was still losing since Chrysalis could break out of this easily, before she shifted her gaze towards the area that her team was sitting in, "People of Universe 2, aid me in crushing this Warrior of Darkness, so that we might bring love to her loveless universe!"

In that instant the eliminated warriors of her team, including the gods, pulled out some wands that were different from the ones they used earlier and called out the chant they used the last time, as in 'You can do it, Ribrianne', which gave Chrysalis a front row seat to a storm of love energy embracing Brianne, who smiled as she was lifted into the air and was consumed by the power that was being offered to her. Not even a moment later the light expanded into a massive heart that floated near the edge of the fighting stage, one that caused the Kings of All to stare up at it as they cheered, before it started to shift as it took on the form of a gigantic Ribrianne, one that came complete with the butterfly wings she had before Goku's battle with Jiren started. Chrysalis wasn't afraid of the power that her foe now commanded, as it was the same power she had been absorbing the entire time they had been fighting, and this latest power boost was only going to make what she devoured next even better than what she had taken so far, though she did resist the urge to chuckle, as she knew that Ribrianne wouldn't have accepted the truth and she was offering her even more power for the future. It was a little sad, since she had been hoping for a smart opponent who would have stopped once they realized what was going on, but in the end she was willing to accept this and go with it, because it meant that she would be ready for when Sombra declared war on Jiren.

"So long as love exists in the world, I can still fight!" Ribrianne declared, her voice louder than it was before, showing that she was matching her new height, even if it seemed like an illusion of some kind, before she opened her eyes and glared down at where Chrysalis was floating, inside the Big Amour that surrounded her, "I can still fight for love, which will save our universe from being erased! Evil Warrior of Darkness, begone from the fighting stage! Face a Fist of Love that is powered by the love of an entire universe!"

"Bring it on!" Chrysalis replied, where her aura flared to life around her and the Big Amour was absorbed, the love energy that powered it being taken into her body while it's form shattered, allowing her to touch the floor once more as she looked up at her massive foe once more.

Ribrianne, seeing her Big Amour shatter before her very eyes, finished pulling her fist up into the air and sent it straight down to where Chrysalis was standing, where she crushed some of the rock pillars that were in the way and scattered the fragments as she reached for her foe. Chrysalis, on the other hand, separated part of her aura and formed a small bullet of sorts with it, one that she sent straight into the fist that was coming at her, stopping it in it's tracks when the two came into contact, but even if that surprised Ribrianne she didn't show it, as her left fist came down at her not even a few seconds later. This time around Chrysalis sent out strands of energy that wrapped around her foe's other hand, where she could feel the love energy inside her foe's new attack and connected her aura to the two fists, where she started to siphon the power that her foe was using against her. Of course, like she had seen so far, Ribrianne followed suit by upping the power that she was pouring into her attacks, as she was trying to pushing her into the floor and then crush her, before eliminating her entirely, but that just allowed Chrysalis to draw in more love energy and just made her job much easier in the long run.

In fact Ribrianne opened her mouth and fired a beam of love energy down at Chrysalis, whose aura was hit first and it stalled the attack from reaching her, while at the same time gave her a third path to the massive amount of love energy that was being used against her, and green lines formed on Ribrianne's giant form seconds later... before Chrysalis tugged on the love energy and separated all of it from Ribrianne, reverting her back to her base form as she fell over the edge of the fighting stage, all while Chrysalis staggered for a moment as she finished siphoning all that love energy.

"So... much... power..." Chrysalis commented, as she could feel her own power being strengthened to a point that was far greater than anything she had before this point in time, something that made her wonder if Ribrianne had been telling the truth about using the power of Universe 2, as in her fellow residents, against her, before a smile appeared on her face as she stood straight once more, "I'm glad I kept her on the fighting stage for as long as I did, otherwise I might not have been able to acquire all of this wonderful power for our universe."

Interestingly enough Brianne, after looking at her for a few seconds, got up and started speaking to the staff that the Angel of her universe was carrying, revealing that their team was broadcasting the Tournament of Power to their entire universe, who was currently watching them and sending out their love to their warriors. That fact told Chrysalis that her foe hadn't been lying when she claimed that the fist she first threw at her contained the love energy from an entire universe, and from the sounds of it Brianne was convincing the watchers to lend their power to the three remaining warriors, so they could safeguard their universe. While that was going on, however, she felt the arrival of three more foes, the three warriors that had been on the sidelines the entire time since the tournament started, to which she sighed and turned to face Zirloin, Rabanra, and Zarbuto, who were foolish for even approaching her. Normally one would think that after watching the shining stars of a universe, as in Ribrianne and her fellow maidens, fall at the hands of one team they would wise up and run away, but at the same time it appeared that they were here to regain their honor, instead of hiding like Chrysalis thought they would.

She diverted her attention away from the approaching warriors, as she could feel the power of the Namekians that Gohan and Piccolo were fighting rise to a whole new level, or more like their bodies had stabilized in some manner, but she had the feeling they could handle their opponents, to which she turned back to her new foes.

"You... how dare you eliminate the goddess Ribrianne from the tournament!" one of the warriors, Zirloin, said, his tone revealing that he had high praise for the trio that was supposed to be Universe 2's ace, while at the same time the other two warriors nodded their heads, showing that they agreed with his statement and were equally unhappy about Ribrianne and the others being eliminated.

"If she was your trump card, you should have left her hidden until the very end." Chrysalis replied, as that was what they were doing with the majority of their true powers, keeping them hidden until the time was right, before she shifted her stance and stared at her new foes, "However, I can tell that all three of you will be coming at me at the same time, so how about we just get to the fighting so I can knock you all off the stage as well."

As she suspected the trio came at her from three different directions, intending to make her pick and choose who she wanted to block and who she wanted to be hit by, but that wasn't the reality of the situation, as her skill allowed her to dodge all of their attacks with ease. The fact of the matter was that all three of them were much slower than Ribrianne, Rozie, and Kakunsa were, that much she could see the moment they started fighting, so all she really did was avoid their attacks and study them as she did so, all so she could figure out the holes in their attack patters and use it against them when the time was right. Oddly enough she did feel some bits of love energy dance around a few of their attacks, bits that she stole anyway since it never hurt to add to the stockpile, but they were nowhere near the level that Ribrianne was able to use, meaning they weren't worth keeping around, hence the reason she was seeking a way to eliminate them. Another thing she noticed was that when she attacked, or even parried an attack, she was able to force her opponent backwards with little effort, showing her that the power she had gained from Ribrianne was no laughing matter, meaning that she was ready for when the final battle started, after she finished adjusting to her new strength.

Since it was clear that none of her foes could touch her, or even get close to wounding her, Chrysalis found herself wondering what was happening over at Gohan and Piccolo's battle, as once the Namekians were done stabilizing their bodies they went on the offensive, catching the pair by surprise. Interestingly enough neither of them wanted to call for aid from any of the available warriors that were standing by, because at this point it seemed like most of the warriors from her team were waiting to find a worthy opponent and were watching the other battles that were taking place. Another thing that seemed interesting was the fact that Gohan was using his full power, keeping their foes distracted so Piccolo could charge up an attack that would take both of their foes out, and, at the same time, Caulifla was telling Saonel and Pirina that they weren't allowed to fail, otherwise she'd beat the daylights out of them, which only inspired her teammates to do better as they attempted to win their fight. Of course there was a downside to that, as both of the Namekians were the last members of Champa's team and if they were eliminated from the tournament the Kings of All would erase the entirety of Universe 6, taking away Beerus' brother and the uncle that Applejack and Rainbow had when they were younger and lived in Universe 7.

Her thoughts were pulled back to the fight she was in as Zirloin, Zarbuto, and Rabanra charged at her at the same time, thinking that a three way attack while she seemed distracted would be the key to winning this fight, where Chrysalis sighed as her aura kicked up, catching her foe and knocking them backwards without delay.

"Maybe I should just knock you three off the fighting stage and be done with you." Chrysalis commented, as she was of the opinion that none of her current opponents had very much love energy inside them, not like Ribrianne or Rozie had when she fought them, and that it would be a waste of time to try and siphon any addition energy from them.

"Do you hear that?" Zirloin asked, where he emerged from the smoke for a moment, revealing that he had a pink aura around his body, like the barriers that were used against Lavender earlier in the tournament, before Chrysalis turned and noticed that Zarbuto and Rabanra had the same thing going on.

"Yeah, I hear it." Rabanra replied, showing that, while they might not have Ribrianne's connection to love, they might be able to do something that the main maiden of their universe couldn't do, something that peaked Chrysalis' curiosity just a little bit, "The voices of everyone in Universe 2, praying for our victory!"

"What we bare are the hopes and dreams of our precious universe!" Zarbuto added, where a smile seemed to appear on his face as he said that, showing that he seemed to understand what was going on and was accepting what was happening to them, all while Chrysalis remained where she was standing.

"Truth be told, they're way too heavy." Rabanra stated, once more confirming that they weren't trained in the art of controlling the power of love, not in the way that Ribrianne was, and Chrysalis could see that cracks were starting to form in the floor around the three warriors, as if gravity was doing something to them, "But this weight is also love!"

"Let's turn this heavy love into power!" Zirloin said, speaking to his fellow teammates as the majority of his body glowed pink, something that his allies did as well not a few seconds later, to which Chrysalis stared at them and wondered what was going on this time around.

In the following moments three small craters formed around Chrysalis, one under each of the warriors she was fighting, before they deepened as the warriors said the word 'love', something that caused the craters to appear in the first place, and it wasn't long before they repeated the word again, causing the three craters to merge into a single larger crater that had Chrysalis in the center of their hole. She then watched as the trio was engulfed in a bright pink light, one where the three warriors took turns doing the same thing the three maidens did when they first transformed into the forms they had been eliminated in, repeating the 'spell of love' as Brianne called it and said parts of their names in a random order, just like the maidens did. When the light cleared a few moments later Chrysalis raised her eyebrow as she found that all three of the warriors had transformed, as Zirloin lost the armor he was wearing and acquired Ribrianne's uniform, Rabanra took on the form that Kakunsa had used, and Zarbuto was now wearing Rozie's uniform, but the thing she was the most interested in was that their love energies had been empowered, making them just as strong as the maidens had been when they had first transformed, which was an unexpected surprise for her since it meant she could siphon more love energy from Universe 2.

Instead of saying anything, except pausing to declare she was an 'evildoer', the trio rushed at Chrysalis and used the powers they inherited from the maidens against her, as in the speed and power that Kakunsa possessed, the gentle control over ki blasts that Rozie had, and the various love abilities that Ribrianne used. The downside for them was that none of their attacks did anything to Chrysalis, as she was able to take all of their attacks at the same time and siphon all of the love energy that they were offering to her in a matter of seconds, which only prompted them to continue attacking her with everything they had. It was like no one in Universe 2 could even understand what Chrysalis had told them, that using love against her wasn't going to work and that it would bring ruin upon their universe, but they seemed so utterly convinced that they could break her 'ability to not take damage' and would be the ones to walk away from the battle once they figured out how to wound her. It honestly didn't matter what techniques they used against her, as everything that Ribrianne, Rozie, and Kakunsa had used was laced with love energy and there was no exception for the three males, but Chrysalis did note that all three of them seemed to be drunk on power, even if they were using the love energy of their universe to exact revenge for the loss of their maidens and remain in the tournament. Even if she stopped fighting back none of their attacks would do anything to her, all thanks to her siphoning the love energy from each blow that came her way, and until one of the warriors tried to eliminate her, in some other manner, she was just fine with taking their attacks and siphoning the love energy from each one.

While all of this was happening, and she was playing with her food a little more, Chrysalis could sense Gohan and Piccolo using a new tactic to defeat the Namekians that they were facing, as in Gohan fighting them alone with Piccolo charged up his power for one big attack to knock them off the fighting stage, or at least weaken them to the point where Gohan's next attack would do the job... before she pulled herself back to her own fight and knocked the three warriors away from her, causing them to land on a rock pillar and look down at her.

"Well done, warrior of Universe 13, for lasting this long against our power." Zirloin stated, where he and his fellow warriors kept their battle stances at the ready, because based on what they had seen so far there was no telling what their foe was going to do, or if someone was going to butt in and attack them, "Your strength to challenge our love... we admit that you, too, are a great warrior of love, though it's a shame we are enemies right now."

"Since you are a fellow great warrior of love," Rabanra added, showing that they were definitely overthinking what was going on at the moment and had lost themselves in the rush of using their new powers, all while all three of them had the pink auras return to their bodies, "we shall reciprocate with all our strength, with this love raised to the max!"

"Take this! All that we have!" Zarbuto said, where Chrysalis watched as their pink auras grew in size, showing that they were gathering all the love energy they could possibly use at the moment, all while twisting the coloration of their auras into a black color that reminded her of earlier.

Not even a few seconds later the three warriors formed hearts with their hands and combined their individual hearts into a single spot, where the blackened love energy was thrown into the sky and stopped a few seconds later, where it expanded into a large heart that seemed to have it's own gravitational field, since it was sucking in the dust and rocks that rested around them. She had to assume that this was some sort of hidden technique that Universe 2 had up it's sleeves, even if they had no idea they had access to it, and it seemed like the male warriors were struggling under the strain of the massive power they were currently channeling. In fact the black hole that the trio were forming seemed to grow a little as the seconds ticked by, allowing Heles to confirm that this was something she called 'that beautiful hidden technique of ruin', or Pretty Black Hole as the males called it, before they swung their arms down at Chrysalis, telling her that the attack was coming her way. Just as the heart started to descend, however, Chrysalis jumped into the air and stopped it as it reached the halfway point, not because she didn't want to ruin the fighting stage, but because it would allow her to be even closer to her targets when she smashed their attack before their eyes, giving her the best chance to take all three of them out at the same time.

As she suspected the Pretty Black Hole was empowered by the love energy from Universe 2, channeled and used by the warriors she had been fighting since Ribrianne's elimination, but the flaw in it's design was the same with every power that the various warriors of Universe 2 used, except for the cowardly ones that Trixie helped take out, and that was that all of their attacks were made out of love energy. Because of that fact, something that she told her foes about and they refused to listen to her, Chrysalis was able to connect to the love energy that was trying to push her towards the floor and started to siphon the energy from it, as she intended to absorb the ultimate attack of Universe 2, in it's entirety, before eliminating her foes from the tournament. While she was doing that she could feel Gohan charging up a Kamehameha, meaning that his battle was likely almost over since that seemed to be a finishing move that he and his father used against their enemies, before she focused on her own fight and flexed her energy, causing strands of her power to wrap around the black hole. From that point forward the same thing she did earlier happened, as in she forced the attack to get smaller and smaller as she siphoned all of it's love energy, despite the power her foes were pouring into it, and, at the same time, little bits of her power reached her foes, meaning that when she sucked in all the power at once they would love the forms they were now wearing.

Once she was ready to take it all in at once, however, Chrysalis tugged on all the love energy that was being used against her and sucked it all in, causing the Pretty Black Hole to vanish and reverted her foes back to their base forms, with a look of surprise on their faces, before she loosed a beam of energy that knocked them off the fighting stage... which just so happened to be at the same time that Gohan and Piccolo succeeded in sending the two Namekians flying off the stage as well, causing her to smile as she landed and leaned against one of the rock walls.

"Are you okay?" a voice asked, where Chrysalis turned to the side for a moment and found that Pinkie had returned to where she was standing, though at the same time she knew that her teammate must have been watching the fights she had been in and seemed concerned that something had happened to her during the last one.

"Yeah, I'm just stuffed at the moment." Chrysalis replied, as having two helpings of love energy, from the entirety of Universe 2, was more than she had been expecting to get when she started fighting Ribrianne and her fellow warriors, but at the same time it meant that she could use that power to safeguard all the universes, "It will take me some time to get used to the power that I now possess, since I siphoned more love energy than I originally planned on taking, but that won't be a problem for us, since we have other warriors to take on the other universes."

Pinkie decided that if Chrysalis said that she was okay, and just needed time to process the love energy she had taken, then she might as well let her do what she needed to do before the big battle with Jiren, but before she could do anything else the Grand Priest announced that both Universe 2 and Universe 6 had lost all their warriors, meaning that it was time for them to be erased as well. What happened next was incredibly odd and true to the character of Universe 2, as they embraced their defeat with the same attitude they had earlier and the three maidens proceeded to transform back into their full powered forms, like they were putting on a farewell show for their universe, before they, the rest of their team, and both of their gods did a 'love' pose, before the Kings of All erased them, leaving a stray heart to float away. While that was happening Caulifla was talking to the defeated Namekians from her team, who had holes in their stomachs, which had to be where Piccolo hit them with his attack earlier, before she powered up into her Super Saiyan form and started to chase them around the area of the stands that was reserved for Universe 6. At the same time Pinkie and Chrysalis also noticed that Rainbow and Applejack were staring up at the stands, no doubt feeling sad that their uncle was going to be erased, but what interested them was that Beerus actually walked over to the area that Champa was standing in.

"Hey, Champa." Beerus said, causing his brother to turn and look at him for a moment, though at the same time he found it interesting that Vados, instead of remaining by her universe, actually got up and moved over to where Whis was sitting, showing that she had faith in the abilities that the warriors of his universe possessed.

"I don't want to hear it, Beerus." Champa replied, knowing that his brother, who had changed into a new person since Rainbow and Applejack had entered his life, was going to spout some nonsense about saving the universes that were being erased, and he wasn't in the mood to let his brother make such a promise.

Beerus would have chuckled at that, since it was entirely within Champa's personality to not let him talk when he had something he wanted to say, or a promise that he wanted to make, but the reality that his brother was going to be erased prevented him from doing that, though Champa felt that it was appropriate to make a funny face at him, pulling one eyelid down while sticking his tongue at him, before the Kings of All erased all of Universe 6. He then sighed and walked back to where his warriors and fellow gods were sitting, where he sat back down and covered his eyes with his hands, like he was thinking about what had happened, and Chronoa wrapped an arm around his neck as she leaned on him, showing him that she was there for him, just like they had been there for each other as they watched over Rainbow and Applejack during their various adventures. Only those that were near Beerus even heard the sound of a few tears hitting the stands that they were sitting on, showing that his brother's erasure, despite their plan to overturn what the Kings of All were doing, still hurt and that he was trying to keep the other gods from seeing him in this condition.

Rainbow and Applejack, on the other hand, silently mourned the loss of their uncle as they turned their attention back to the tournament and the other warriors that their team would be tackling next, as they intended on being the universe that survived till the end so they could get the Super Dragon Balls and fix this mess, and that required beating the remaining three universes that stood in their way, especially Universe 11. All they had to do was follow the plan that Sombra had laid out for them, where certain members of their team would focus on specific individuals, and they were sure that they would come out on top at the end of the tournament, but they would have to wait and see what the future held for them.

PreviousChapters Next