• Published 21st Jan 2019
  • 2,886 Views, 432 Comments

Dragon Ball Super: Fate of the Multiverse - Blackdrag-rose



Sunset Shimmer, Celestia, and Twilight Sparkle attend a meeting at Lord Zeno's palace, unaware that the ultimate battle between multiple universes was about to begin... and that they might be dragged into the battle as well.

  • ...
30
 432
 2,886

PreviousChapters Next
Tournament: Saiyan Rematch

Goku and Vegeta stared at Caulifla, who was staring at them at the same time, where all three of them were no doubt thinking that they were back where they started, fighting against some Saiyans from the universe theirs was paired with, but now it was no laughing matter. Universe 6 was down to Caulifla, Kale, and the two Namekians that were currently hounding both Gohan and Piccolo, who claimed they didn't need the help of their allies at the moment, while Universe 7 still had seven of their warriors, putting Champa at a disadvantage that he couldn't ignore. It was clear that Champa's plan was to eliminate the warriors from his brother's universe, or at least enough of them to make it so Universe 6 had more warriors than Beerus' universe did, but that wasn't taking into consideration the fact that Universe 13 still had all ten of their warriors, who were busy either fighting other warriors or were casually observing the fights around them, like Sombra was. It still surprised the pair that none of their enemies were targeting the newest universe, as if they were saying that they would be able to take them on once everyone else had been taken out, and yet Rainbow and the others went out of their way to show off their base power, something that no one seemed to be interested in.

Speaking of which they glanced off to the side for a moment and found that Chrysalis, as usual, was busy with the two female warriors from Universe 2, Ribrianne and Rozie, meaning that she was keeping them busy with the Dazzlings took care of the robots that had been after Goku, allowing them to turn their attention to their opponent.

"First we lost Hit, and now Cabba... yet I couldn't do anything to aid them." Caulifla stated, showing that she had been thinking about the fallen members of her team, just like they had after Krillin, Tien, and Master Roshi had been eliminated from the tournament, before she glared at her targets, "In order to take on their responsibilities and survive till the end of the tournament, I need to get even stronger. I want the two of you to teach me how to go beyond Super Saiyan 2, to unlock the power of Super Saiyan 3, so I can beat whoever comes at me and my team in the future!"

"Sure thing." Goku replied, though as Vegeta nodded his head in agreement, as he was curious if Caulifla could reach that level of power, the two of them shifted their bodies and raised their arms, assuming their battle stances once more, as they knew that their foe would be coming at them soon enough, "However, if you want to learn how to harness the power of Super Saiyan 3, you need to come at us with all your power and attempt to beat us in a fight."

"Sounds easy enough, even two on one." Caulifla commented, as she had the feeling that this time around Vegeta was going to be fighting beside his fellow warrior and not standing on the sidelines, meaning she'd have to keep her focus and make sure she didn't fall for any of their tricks, before she noticed something, "Aren't either of you going to transform into your Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 forms?"

"You have to remember that Kakarot is a little tired from fighting Jiren," Vegeta stated, reminding Caulifla of the battle that had happened earlier, one that had nearly cost his friend his life when the Spirit Bomb was destroyed, even though he emerged with a ruined gi and his stamina had been lowered, meaning his statement was believable as long as neither of the Saiyans in front of them knew about Pinkie and Rarity helping them out, "so it might be some time before he has a chance to release his power again. As for myself, I want to see what your power is like, since I didn't engage in the prior fight you had with Kakarot, and then I'll consider using one of my transformations against you, once I have a better understanding of the strength you possess."

"Cocky bastard." Caulifla said, showing that she didn't like Vegeta's attitude, even though he was really just matching his power to what Goku was using at the moment, before she decided that she might as well see how tough her foes really were as she raised her fists and stared at them.

The three of them stood there for a few moments, allowing Goku and Vegeta to overhear the conversation that Beerus was having with his brother, as it turned out that Champa had no intention of ever fighting Jiren, not after seeing the power he displayed, and that his plan was to eliminate a number of Universe 7's warriors to make them lower than the four that Universe 6 had. Champa's goal was to play the numbers game, to make sure that every universe that was in the tournament had less warriors than his own universe had, so when the time ran out he'd be the victor with the most warriors left on the fighting stage, which proved an interesting problem that Vados pointed out. For Champa to win by numbers alone, and by that she meant running the time down, the remaining universes would have to band together and attempt to take out a good number of the warriors from Universe 13, something that she was beginning to doubt was even possible since they were halfway through the time limit and they hadn't even come close to losing someone. Still, despite the clear flaw in his plan, Vados did remark that Champa was uncharacteristically calm and he had done a decent situational analysis on the current state of the tournament, causing the God of Destruction for Universe 6 to smile as he stared down at the fighting stage and continued to bark orders at Caulifla, all designed for her to knock the pair off the stage so they could move forward with his plan.

That proved, to Goku and Vegeta, that most of the gods that were partaking in the tournament weren't being smart about the situation they were in, because at this point it was best to target Universe 13, and since none of them wanted to do that the pair was more than willing to take advantage of the other universes' mistakes.

Caulifla barely glanced at the stands, showing that she didn't much care for what her God of Destruction wanted her to do, before she leapt forward and raced towards the pair, where Goku and Vegeta parried the initial attacks that had been aimed at them and went on the defensive to see what their foe had in mind for them. As the three of them moved around the area they were in, where Caulifla continued her assault, Vegeta noticed that her style seemed to more akin to a brawler, for now anyway, and the look in her eyes told him that they had to be careful, as she might have some new tactics up her sleeve. At the same time Kale, who seemed uninterested in the fight, was staring at the two of them, no doubt trying to get a better understanding of their movements before she did anything else, meaning they couldn't show off too much, other wise she might turn the tables on them whenever she decided to join them. It wasn't long before Caulifla tried to spin and kick their feet out from under them, a good tactic if it was a one on one fight, to which Goku and Vegeta jumped backwards and avoided the attack altogether, prompting Caulifla to charge at them once more, only this time they had something different in mind, as they avoided the Saiyan's next attack, jumped behind her, and then kicked her at the same time. The force of their kicks knocked Caulifla backwards a bit, forcing her into the side of a rock wall in the process, causing the pair to land on the ground and stare at the smoke for a moment, knowing that their foe wasn't going to give up that easily, and sure enough they were right, as not even a moment later, when the smoke disappeared, Caulifla charged at them and resumed her assault.

Interestingly enough Caulifla, in her haste to try and hurt one of them, gave them an opening that they could use against her, as Vegeta blocked the incoming attack that was heading his way and let Goku grab onto the outstretched leg before their opponent could retreat, allowing him to spin around and hurl Caulifla away from them, all while Vegeta moved out of the way and returned to his friend's side when he stood straight again.

Champa seemed to come up with a different plan for how Caulifla should battle them, as he was now ordering her to take Kale and run away, prompting the Saiyan to charge at Goku and Vegeta once more, to which the pair dodged the punch that was thrown at them and swung at Caulifla's exposed stomach. Instead of being hit Caulifla pulled herself back and flipped backwards a little, allowing her hands to touch the floor as she lashed out with her feet, forcing the pair to block the incoming kick, even if it did knock them back a few steps, showing them that they couldn't underestimate their foe. It appeared that Caulifla had a punch ready for them, in addition to her kick, but seeing how the two of them were a little further away than she thought they would be caused her to shift her stance as she stood, indicating that she was thinking of something else she could do against them.

"Sorry, don't think any of the tricks you used earlier will work against me anymore." Caulifla commented, referring to the few moves that Goku had shown her during their first fight, the one that Vegeta had watched, indicating that she knew they might have some tricks she wasn't aware of and was hoping to smash them when the pair decided to get serious, instead of holding back their true power.

"I suppose you're right," Goku replied, to which he stretched his arms a little, as this fight was at a different pace than the one he had with Jiren and it was taking a little while for him to get back to how a normal battle happened, though as he did that he noticed that Vegeta seemed to be thinking the same thing he was thinking, "Well then, how about we do something like this?"

Goku and Vegeta shimmered for a moment, confusing Caulifla as she watched them, before a ring of phantom like foes appeared around her, half of them taking on the appearance of Goku while the other half took on Vegeta's form, but it only served to confuse her as to the whereabouts of her true enemies. She glanced around for a moment, mentally debating which of them she should go after, before deciding to throw a punch at the two images that were standing where her foes had been moments ago, as this seemed to be the type of technique that made someone think their target was elsewhere, when in reality they never moved at all. Her fist smashed through the images she had targeted, breaking them apart as a look of surprise appeared on her face, as she wasn't expecting that at all, and before she even had a chance to understand what had happened the ring of images disappeared as Goku and Vegeta appeared behind her, allowing them to punch her in the back and send her flying into a rock wall again, smashing the stone to pieces. Vegeta, despite having taken the time to develop his own techniques, had used the years he spent training with his friend to master several of the techniques that the Z Warriors used, such as the Afterimage technique they just used, and that was only the tip of the iceberg, as there were some more potent techniques he had mastered as well.

The best thing about this was that Champa seemed flustered, as he couldn't believe that Caulifla was losing against two opponents, even though both of them were holding back, to maintain the illusion that Goku was still weakened from his fight with Jiren, and they were sure that they'd have to change tactics sooner or later.

"Hey! Using funny attacks like that is cheating!" Caulifla stated, where the smoke cleared and they discovered that their foe was standing straight once more, only this time she seemed more annoyed than she had been earlier, meaning she didn't like facing their technique at all and wanted them to fight with their fists and feet, "Fight me fair and square!"

"We're only offering the Kings of All a good fight, that's all." Vegeta replied, as one of the things that the Kings of All liked was seeing all the various techniques that the ninety warriors possessed, because they saw this as entertainment and nothing else, so using an ability every now and then made them chuckle, before he turned his attention back to the fight that they were in, just as the pair readied themselves once more, "Remember, your prize for fighting us is some knowledge on the Super Saiyan 3 transformation, so focus on that and show us what you've got!"

Caulifla growled as she took a step forward, though that was when Goku raised his fingers to his forehead and used the Instant Transmission technique to appear and disappear in the area around her, causing her to stop as she tried to pinpoint where he was going to show up, all while making her forget about a certain someone. This was a tactic they had come up with in the past, one they didn't have a chance to use very often, as it involved Goku appearing and disappearing at random around whoever the two of them happened to be fighting, causing their foe to target him as they lowered their defenses for a few seconds, which was when Vegeta rushed in and punched them. Caulifla barely noticed what they were doing before Vegeta knocked her forwards, indicating that she had been attacked from behind, and when she turned towards him Goku would appear in front of her and strike at her exposed chest, stunning her for a few seconds before she was sent flying through the air. Vegeta, of course, was waiting with the next attack and proceeded to swing his fist at her, causing Caulifla to steady herself and throw a punch back at him, forcing their fists to meet up as she came to a stop, all while showing that she was right in her earlier thoughts, that some of their tactics wouldn't work against her and that she was capable of adapting to the situation, even if it was two on one.

This time around, instead of backing off, Vegeta went on the offensive and forced Caulifla to defend herself, and it wasn't long before Goku joined them and added his own attacks to the battle, keeping their opponent on the defensive at the moment. What interested the pair was the fact that Caulifla was able to respond to their movements, not in such a way that meant they needed a whole new attack plan and fighting style, but it did confirm the fact that she had a great ability to adapt to whatever situation she found herself in. Further evidence of her adaptability was the fact that she was capable of mimicking some of their movements, as if she was making them her own, just like when she fought Goku earlier and seemed to mirror his movements, but even then she still had no experience fighting two Saiyans who had spent many years mastering their own fighting styles and then integrating those fighting styles into a coordinated set of attacks that made it hard for most foes to beat them. In fact the two of them parried the next incoming attack and then separated from Caulifla, who stood where they had left her and stared at them for a few moments, no doubt thinking about their entire fight and what she had seen so far, and it was clear that something was bothering her.

"Why don't the two of you transform already?" Caulifla asked, as she was just fine with beating the pair if they stuck to using their base forms, but at the same time she wanted a challenge and they were the only ones that could show her and Kale Super Saiyan 3, a form that had to be even stronger than what she was currently using against them, "I might drop the two of you off the fighting stage before you have a chance to use your full power."

"I'd like to see you try, but you also make a valid point." Goku replied, his tone telling Vegeta all he needed to know, as it was time for them to show her a little bit of their power before they continued their test, especially since Kale had yet to join their battle, "Very well then, we shall honor your request."

Goku and Vegeta braced themselves as they called upon their inner power, allowing their golden auras to surround them as they started their own transformations, bringing a smile to Caulifla's face as she watched them, and it wasn't long before the blue bits of lightning danced around them as they pushed themselves into their Super Saiyan 2 forms.

"Aw, no Super Saiyan 3 yet?" Caulifla inquired, as that was what she was waiting for, a glimpse of the form she wanted to learn about, but at the same time she considered herself fortunate that neither of them were using their Super Saiyan Blue forms yet, otherwise she would be in a world of pain.

"Not yet, but maybe we'll show you it soon." Vegeta stated, to which he and Goku assumed their battle stances once more, as they knew Caulifla was eager to show them what she was capable of so she could get them to reveal what the third Super Saiyan transformation looked like, and what it felt like.

Not even a second later the pair rushed forward, surprising Caulifla since she was expecting them to talk for a few more seconds, and when she guarded against their punches she found her defenses weaken as she was knocked back again, shocking her by the difference in power that their forms possessed. At the same time, however, that proved to be some motivation for her to improve her skills, as she steadied herself and gathered her power into her right hand, where she loosed her 'Crush Cannon' at them and fired a series of red energy blasts at the area the pair was standing in. While the attack had some decent power behind it, as it did blow up a few of the rock walls around them when the blasts finally exploded, both Goku and Vegeta emerged from the smoke with little to no wounds on their bodies, showing that they were a little surprised by the fact that Caulifla had that sort of power in her arsenal, while also revealing that it needed some work to damage the two of them. This did bring a smile to Caulifla's face, as she knew that they were strong and this only proved that they were worthy opponents for her to better herself against, before she went on the offensive once more, even though the pair quickly turned that into a stalemate as they exchanged blows with her again.

Despite the fact that Caulifla could easily be overwhelmed by their power, if they wanted to, they continued to test her reflexes and her abilities, as they were still curious as to whether or not she might be able to obtain the third Super Saiyan transformation before being knocked off the fighting stage... and, interestingly enough, when she loosed a potent ki blast at them the pair replied in kind, allowing the blasts to meet each other and detonate, before the three of them came to a stop and stared at each other.

"You know, despite the fact that you have a ways to go before you master Super Saiyan 2, you're proving to be quite the opponent." Goku said, because Caulifla's adaptability made her a better opponent in his eyes and it challenged both him and Vegeta as they continued to fight her, and they were both sure that she was quite happy with the progress that she had made so far, even if she was shooting for Super Saiyan 3 right now.

"When I'm fighting, I feel power bubbling up inside my body." Caulifla stated, showing that she had a decent amount of untapped potential inside her, which was what Goku and Vegeta were in the process of pulling out, as it would allow them to further themselves as well, "I want to beat the two of you so badly, so I can get to Super Saiyan 3!"

Caulifla charged at them immediately, where the pair raised their arms and parried her incoming attacks, causing the air around them to shake a little as she went on the offensive so she could beat them into the ground and force them to tell her the secret to using the third transformation. That eagerness proved to be part of her downfall, as an opening showed up in her defenses and Goku took advantage of it, allowing him to kick her backwards before Vegeta forced her even further, where the pair stood near each other and powered up once more, their auras sparking into existence once more as the air vibrated. Caulifla, seeing them power up, declared that she wasn't about to lose and called her own aura into existence once more, one that she forced to the same size of the ones that the pair were channeling, before the three of them loosed a series of small ki blasts at each other, which blew up in the middle of the area they were standing in, while the force of the explosion stopped many of the other fights from happening, save for Chrysalis exchanging blows with Ribrianne and Rozie. As the smoke started to clear the three Saiyans rushed at each other again, their fists colliding as they moved around the area they were in, where the sheer power of their attacks knocked the smoke away from them and let any observers watch them with interest, especially the other universes that would target Goku if he remained on the fighting stage after this battle.

Another opening presented itself when Caulifla tried to blast them with another ki blast, this one larger and more powerful than the last couple she used, where Vegeta ducked to the side and avoided the attack as Goku jumped over it and let the blast hit the ground behind him, before they slammed their fists into her stomach and sent her flying back into another one of the rock walls. Caulifla pulled herself back up and rushed at them once more, where the collision of her fist against Goku's caused a shockwave to move out and crush two of the larger rock pillars that were around them, while the second collision against Vegeta's incoming attack cracked the floor beneath them, showing what happened when a few Saiyans, channeling the power of their Super Saiyan 2 forms, battled each other. From there the three of them returned to what they had been doing earlier, exchanging blows as they moved around the area they were in, and Caulifla tried something else by charging a ki blast and raised it in front of Goku's face, causing his attack to stop, but before she could hit him, however, Vegeta swung his leg and kicked her backwards, showing the other Saiyans that the two of them worked well together, even if that slightly annoyed Caulifla in the process.

"You two are a great team," Caulifla commented, showing that she had been observing the pair as they fought against her and knew that to defeat them, if they had prompted her to do, she might need someone that knew her moves like the back of their hand, and, based on where Vegeta was looking, it seemed she wasn't the only one that was thinking about the fact that Kale was just watching them.

"It's taken us years of training and fighting to reach this point." Vegeta replied, though he was happy to hear that their foe now understood why she was having such a hard time against them, even if he had to explain part of it, before he focused on the other Saiyan that was near them, "Kale, would you like to join us?"

"Oh? Me?" Kale inquired, because she had been content to just sit on the sidelines and watch Caulifla fight the pair that she was engaged with, though at the same time she liked the idea of joining the battle and either helping her mentor reach the third transformation, or reaching it at the same time she did.

"Come on, Kale, join me." Caulifla said, to which she turned back and waved to her protegee, as she had faith in Kale's abilities and knew that she had the potential to be a powerful warrior in her own right, all she needed was a push in the right direction and she could get over the rest of her shyness, "Let's ascend to Super Saiyan 3 together!"

Kale nodded and stepped forward, showing that she was eager to join the fight now that she had been invited to join the three warriors that had been exchanging blows, before she paused for a moment and powered up, taking on the Super Saiyan form she had obtained when she fought the Pride Troopers earlier.

"There it is, the form Kale used when she helped Caulifla eliminate three Pride Troopers earlier," Pinkie commented, as she was sitting on a rock pillar and had been observing the fight as it happened, because there wasn't much for her to do at the moment, other than keep an eye out for a foe that only she could take out, "I wonder if Goku and Vegeta can withstand the power of that form."

"Of course they can." Rainbow replied, causing Pinkie to look back for a second, as Rainbow had been near her the entire time that her Saiyan friends had been fighting, showing that they were both interested in the fight that was going on, before they both focused on the warriors in front of them, "The real question isn't if they can withstand Kale's power, but how long they're going to drag the fight out before they decide it's time to eliminate their foes."

Caulifla and Kale rushed forward not a few seconds later, their fists aimed at Goku and Vegeta, where they found that their foes were more than ready to meet them as Goku parried the incoming attack that was aimed at him while Vegeta swung his arm and knocked Kale's punch to the side. Vegeta had to admit that Kale, who had no known fighting style since she seemed to leave everything to Caulifla, had some decent power behind her punches and suspected that part of it came from her innate power, which she was only just starting to draw from, and that the other part came from her desire to stop being so weak. Even so his current strength was more than enough to knock Kale away from him as Goku did the same with Caulifla, forcing the girls to get back together before they charged forward, causing the pair to go on the defensive as they blocked and parried the incoming attacks that their foes were using. Interesting enough Caulifla and Kale glanced at each other once and Kale became the sole opponent they were fighting, as Caulifla pulled back for a few seconds, and it quickly became apparent why she was doing that as she charged up her Crush Cannon, using Kale as a distraction so she could gather her power, but instead of taking the attack Goku let Vegeta touch his shoulder as he used his Instant Transmission to get out of the way, leaving Caulifla's attack to hit no one and blow up a rock wall.

A few seconds later the pair returned to the area as they stood near their opponents, showing that they were ready to continue fighting as Caulifla and Kale focused on them again, though this time around, when their foes rushed at them, both Goku and Vegeta dodged the incoming attack and parried the following punches that came at them as the four of them moved around the area they had been fighting in. To most of the observers it would seem like Goku was trying to tap into the power of Ultra Instinct again, to dodge the incoming attacks, while Vegeta was copying his movements in an attempt to unlock the power for the first time, but to some, like Sunset and Whis, they knew that their movements were being sharpened by the battle they were in, improving their skills for any foe that came after Caulifla and Kale. In fact the Saiyans from Universe 6 eventually decided to try something else as they put more power and speed behind their next punch, actually knocking Goku and Vegeta back a little in the process, before they stood straight and charged up a powerful ki blast above their hands, red for Caulifla and dark green for Kale. Instead of letting the attacks hit them, which only a fool would do when the fate of the multiverse was on the line, Goku and Vegeta called their auras into existence around them and the force of their energy detonated the attacks just as they reached them, kicking up a decent amount of smoke in the process.

Caulifla and Kale, upon seeing their attacks detonate, remained where they were standing, as they were curious as to what their foes were going to do this time around, because while it seemed that they might have the upper hand, thanks to the building power inside their bodies, there was no telling when their foes would skip to Super Saiyan Blue and put an end to this battle.

"Like we said, you both have incredible power inside you," Goku said, where the smoke revealed that he and Vegeta hadn't taken any damage from the attack, though at the same time they stood there and faced their foes, who seemed a little shocked by the fact that they weren't hurt at all, "though now I think it's time we showed you the form that you have been working hard to acquire... wouldn't you agree, Vegeta?"

"I do believe it's time we rewarded them with what they seek." Vegeta replied, as he was in agreement with his friend, that their foes had proven that they were both strong and that they might already have the necessary power to access this transformation, once they mastered the second one anyway, before both of their auras sprung to life once more as they focused on what they were going to do.

The air around them shook as they reached deep within themselves, accessing a power that they rarely used these days, since Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue were much stronger than it, and both Caulifla and Kale watched as their hair grew longer, traveling down their backs until it came to a stop near their waists, keeping the spiked nature of the last two forms while being flowing and smooth at the same time. The other thing the girls noticed was the fact that both of their foes had a drastic change to the area around their eyes, where their eyebrows seemed to have vanished entirely and the eye ridges seemed larger, revealing a more prominent brow, but the most striking thing was the sheer difference in power this form had to the previous two they had fought against.

"Wh...What awesome power..." Caulifla commented, while at the same time Kale seemed utterly surprised by the sheer power that they were feeling, a silent indicator that this was the form that Goku and Vegeta had told them about, Super Saiyan 3, which only made her want it even more.

"Caulifla, Kale, as a reward for your efforts, we shall show you the form you crave." Goku stated, to which both he and Vegeta shifted their feet a little, as while they weren't going to attack just yet, since they wanted to give the girls a few seconds to feel the power and observe their forms, they knew the battle would pick up shortly and wanted to be ready for whatever happened next, "This is the form we call Super Saiyan 3."

"Then we'll figure out a way to beat you and take on that form ourselves!" Caulifla replied, though she was happy to see that neither of their foes were dropping out of the forms they were using, indicating that they intended to continue like this for some time, before switching to one of the other two forms they hadn't used yet.

Kale, seeing Caulifla's desire to get stronger, seemed to be thinking the same thing as she tapped into her own inner power, as a faint aura wrapped around her body as she attempted to power up even further, where the area around her exploded as she shifted back into her berserker form, only her power was much greater than it had been the last couple of times she tapped into her true power. The reason Goku and Vegeta knew that fact was because of the blue lightning that started to dance around Kale's aura, accompanied by her hair becoming somewhat more rigid than before, showing them that she was accessing Super Saiyan 2 in her berserk form, meaning that if she regained herself again her power would be even greater than it had been moments ago. Caulifla, of course, was the only one that was happy for Kale, as she wasn't expecting her protegee to have this much power stored inside her body and was glad to have it on her side right now, as it could help her turn the tide of battle against Goku and Vegeta, if she managed to calm Kale down anyway. In fact the pair was sure that Kale's energy, which was ripping the floor around her to pieces, might actually be causing the other battles to stop as the combatants watched them with interest, though, as they determined earlier, the only ones not stopping were Ribrianne and Rozie, who were still foolishly attacking Chrysalis at the moment.

In fact, once her power had died down and the smoke started to clear, Kale waved her arm and the smoke vanished in an instant, showing that her strength had definitely increased, before she started to walk out of the crater she had formed around her and seemed to focus on both Goku and Vegeta, as she eventually came to a stop some distance in front of them and stared in their direction.

"What wonderful, amazing energy!" Caulifla exclaimed, to which she rushed over to where Kale was standing and came to a stop when she was near her protegee, as she clearly wasn't expecting Kale to possess this sort of power, even if she lost herself in it from time to time, "Kale, I knew you could do it! You've finally made that monstrous power that resist inside of you your own!"

Kale turned towards Caulifla for a second, her expression revealing that she didn't know what was going on or who her allies were, and when her mentor raised her hand, in the high five manner, she seemed to interlock her own fingers with Caulifla's, before using her power to force Caulifla into the ground, where Goku and Vegeta noticed that Caulifla had braced herself and was still standing in the center of a very small crater.

"Can't you recognize me?" Caulifla asked, as she had been hoping that Kale had mastered this power, that she could use all her power and not succumb to the berserker she had become when she first accessed her inner power, even though she had to use her other hand to grip her arm, showing that it was taking all her power to keep Kale from crushing her into the floor, "You surpassed your limits and summoned so much power you lost control of yourself again. Thanks, Kale. You're amazing! I mean seriously, you're amazing! With this power, we might be able to defeat Son Goku and Vegeta before they can use their Super Saiyan Blue forms!"

Goku and Vegeta glanced at each other for a moment, as they weren't sure if Caulifla was being overly confident in Kale's abilities or if she had every right to be thinking what she was saying, but neither of them said anything as they faced their foes again, which was the same instant that Caulifla turned to face them again.

"That's my protegee for you!" Caulifla stated, almost as if she was talking to them, but Vegeta quickly determined that it was the opposite way around, that she was actually speaking to Kale, who seemed to be focused on both her words and the fact that their hands were touching in such a manner, "Maybe I can't beat them alone, but I know that if we unite our strength, we'll be the strongest in all the universes, right? You're the only one who can fight by my side, Kale. You're my precious protegee, and the best friend I've ever had! Let's go, Kale!"

The pair had a brief moment where they heard Kale say 'Yes, sis' before she was consumed by a thin pillar of green energy, causing them to remain of their guard as they felt the power within Kale stabilize, and when the energy vanished a few moments ago they found themselves staring at Kale in her Super Saiyan state, only her hair seemed more rigid than before and a few bits of lightning danced around her before disappearing, showing them that Caulifla had managed to get her to control her power, granting her a Super Saiyan 2 form and it's power at the same time.

"I honestly wasn't expecting this to happen when we decided to invite Kale to the fight." Goku commented, keeping his voice low so that only Vegeta could hear him, as both Caulifla and Kale seemed to be talking about how they were going to fight in the next round of their battle, something that he was even more eager to be apart of, especially with the sheer power that the formerly shy Saiyan possessed.

"Neither was I." Vegeta admitted, which wasn't something he did very often, since he was usually so sure of what they were doing, but at the same time he was in the same boat as his friend, as he also found that he was eager to see what sort of power Kale commanded in her new form, against the two of them while she fought at Caulifla's side.

Their foes indicated that they were ready for battle by summoning their auras to their side, something that Goku and Vegeta did as well as they rushed through the air, causing Kale to spin and throw Caulifla towards them, where she spun around and kicked at Goku, who raised his arms and blocked the incoming attack. It was a good tactic, as that would have left him open to an attack from the side if he was fighting alone, but Kale, who had rushed towards them, failed to account for the fact that Goku wasn't alone, as Vegeta blocked the incoming punch with his hand and smiled as he hurled Kale into the side of a rock wall. That, of course, didn't stop the pair from Universe 6 as they flashed around the area that they were fighting in, like they were attempting to use the Afterimage technique against them, and when Caulifla attacked from above, thinking that she could get the drop on them, Vegeta spun and kicked her in the chest, knocking her away as Goku parried Kale's incoming attack and then proceeded to force her backwards with his own attack. Kale, however, decided that she wasn't done yet and threw a ki blast at them, one that expanded into a larger number of ki blasts, to which Vegeta switched targets and loosed a series of his own blasts at the incoming ones, blowing them all to pieces, while Goku raised his hands to his head and used the Solar Flare to temporarily blind Caulifla, before grabbing onto her outstretched arm and hurled her into Kale, sending them both into a rock wall.

It was clear to most of the observers that Goku and Vegeta worked well as a team, knowing when it was time for them to switch opponents and use their skill sets to tackle whatever was coming at them, and many of the gods were impressed by their teamwork, while Champa seemed to moan in despair, as he told the girls to flee and they weren't listening to him at all, meaning they might be out two more warriors soon.

Even Caulifla and Kale seemed to understand that fact, as they remained where they had been thrown for a few moments, before the pair rushed out of the crater that had formed around them and separated, where Caulifla loosed a number of ki blasts at them and hit the floor instead. It was an obvious tactic, using the smaller ki blasts as explosions to kick up some smoke around them, preventing them from seeing anything thanks to the smokescreen, leaving Kale to attack them from above, which was why Goku turned and threw a punch at the descending form of Kale, even if she turned to the side and wrapped her arms around his arm to keep him locked in one form. That, of course, was when Caulifla charged at them and had her foot at the ready, so she could kick Goku and inflict some damage to him so they might weaken him, though she failed to account for Vegeta parrying her attack before it even reached it's target, allowing him to knock her backwards as Goku overpowered Kale's grip and sent her flying towards her mentor. The two Saiyans steadied themselves and stood back up, showing that, despite the power of Goku and Vegeta's Super Saiyan 3 forms, they were still willing to stand and face them in battle, causing the duo to glance at each other for a few seconds before nodding their heads as they turned back towards their foes.

In the following moments they let their auras return and reverted back to their base forms for a moment, confusing both Caulifla and Kale in the process, before a fiery red aura sprung to life around them as they pushed themselves into their fourth transformation, Super Saiyan God, causing their hair, eyebrows, and eyes to take on the red hue that came with this form, as well as taking on it's power once more.

"Super Saiyan God... the fourth transformation." Caulifla commented, as she remembered when she and Kale had been told about the forms a Saiyan could unlock, though while the first three seemed to be reached by training and the power one possessed this one seemed to be gained by a different method, "I know how you gained the other three forms you've shown us, but you haven't told us how you unlocked this form, or Blue for that matter."

"That's easy, we gained the power of the Super Saiyan God form by enacting an ancient ritual," Goku explained, as there was no harm in telling the pair how they got this power right now, as there was no way for them to actually unlock this form while the Tournament of Power was happening, "Five Saiyans of pure heart had to instill their light into another Saiyan, making the number six in total, and that gave us the power to tap into God Ki, so we could face Beerus in battle, and overtime our training allowed us to tap into the power of Super Saiyan God without needing the ritual. Unlocking Super Saiyan Blue followed that, as we had to go through some vigorous training in the art of controlling our ki, from Whis to be exact, and that eventually allowed us to take on the God Ki for ourselves, which resulted in us unlocking the final transformation that we showed you earlier."

"It doesn't matter if you use Super Saiyan God, Blue, or if you were trained by a god." Kale stated, surprising Caulifla for a moment, as she had never seen her protegee so determined about anything and it seemed like her only desire right now was to beat their foes, before she turned towards Caulifla, "Come on sis, let's beat them up!"

Caulifla genuinely seemed surprised by the sudden transformation in Kale's personality, since she was so used to how her protegee usually acted, before she chuckled for a few seconds and raised her fist, allowing Kale to tap it with her own, before they turned towards Goku and Vegeta once more. Not even a moment later the pair raised their left hands and pointed their palms at the foes, to which they fired a series of condensed ki blasts at Caulifla and Kale, forcing them to move out of the area they had been standing in while they avoided the blasts that were coming their way. As Caulifla and Kale separated, to attack them from two different directions, Goku and Vegeta shifted their stances so they could be back to back, allowing Goku to parry Kale's incoming attack while Vegeta blocked Caulifla's punch, before they kicked both of their opponents backwards. That, in turn, caused the pair of Saiyans to charge at them again, where Goku exchanged a few punches and kicks with Kale as Vegeta did the same with Caulifla, causing the floor around them to break apart as it felt their powers colliding against each other, before Kale jumped backwards and loosed a large beam of energy at Goku, in an attempt to weaken him to the point where they could focus on Vegeta. What actually happened was that Goku burst out of the beam and kicked Kale in the side of her head, sending her flying once more, while at the same time Vegeta dodged Caulifla's incoming attack and punched her in the stomach, hard enough to stun her for a moment.

Interesting enough the pair decided that it would be best to concentrate their efforts on defeating one of their foes, hence the reason they both fired a single powerful beam of energy at Goku, but, once again, they failed to account for the fact that Vegeta was near him and faced Caulifla as Goku did the same with Kale. Their plan was simple, concentrate their energy into forming a pair of ki orbs, ones large enough to eclipse the beams that were heading their way, and when they loosed them the orbs smashed through the beams like they were nothing, surprising both of their opponents in the process. The next part was also a surprise, as while Goku's orb kept Kale pinned down, as she was using her hands to try and stop it, Caulifla retreated from Vegeta's attack, one that followed her as Vegeta focused on her location and shifted his hand ever so slightly, revealing that it was a tracking technique that he had been taught years ago, even if he honestly never had an occasion to use it in an actual battle. Kale, as they suspected, eventually overpowered the orb that was sent at her, but that only allowed Goku to shift his attention to another target, which sent the orb he controlled flying through the air as it collided with Caulifla, who was too busy dodging Vegeta's attack to notice a second one coming, resulting in an explosion that knocked the wind out of her and sent her flying close to the edge of the fighting stage.

Goku and Vegeta weren't surprised when they found Kale jumping through the air to catch her mentor, landing on the floor near the edge and started to tend to her mentor, even though it was clear that neither of them were a match for the pair they were fighting against, and while she did that both Goku and Vegeta stood on top of a rock pillar and glanced down at their opponents for a few seconds.

"I've got to say, you both did well against us." Goku said, causing Kale to growl as she turned to face them, indicating that she wasn't happy with their tactic, while Caulifla forced her eyes open and stared at them from Kale's arms, as that explosion had taken a lot out of her, "If there's anything I would tell you to work on, it's your end game. Seriously, once the Tournament of Power is over, and the fate of the multiverse isn't at stake, we should get together again and show you how you might improve on your existing skills... and who knows, maybe you'll beat us with some proper training. But we can see that you have reached your limits, so I'm afraid that it's time we knocked you both off the fighting stage."

The pair had come to this decision earlier, that Caulifla and Kale might not forgive them for the elimination of Cabba, even if they weren't the ones that had done such a thing, and that the best course of action would be to just taken them out of the tournament when an opportunity presented itself to them. As such Goku raised his hands on the right side of his body and started to charge a Kamehemahe, while at the same time Vegeta raised his hands to the left side of his body, up near his head with his palms close to each other, indicating that he was charging a Galick Gun. The combination of these two attacks would be more than enough to break apart the floor around their foes and send them over the edge, eliminating them and reducing Champa's numbers to only two, and it would be incredibly easy for the two of them to get away with their attack since Caulifla and Kale seemed to be focused on something else, instead of them. The instant they were done charging their attacks the duo fired them, allowing the two beams to swirl around each other and combine into a single entity that smashed into the area that their targets were standing in, breaking a decent chunk of the edge of the fighting stage off in the process, while sending Caulifla and Kale over the edge.

That was, however, until a burst of green energy erupted from the area that Caulifla and Kale were in, shaking the area around them for a few moments as several strands of green colored energy reached out in multiple directions, before whatever was going on flashed through the air and shattered the rubble that the girls were standing on. Goku and Vegeta, sensing that they were the target of whatever had happened, moved to the side as fast as they could, narrowly missing the warrior that raced by them, and dropped down to the floor, allowing them to glance at the top of a large section of rock that their latest foe was standing on. The warrior in question seemed to have Caulifla's height and had the muscular tone from Kale, while her black hair seemed to possess the spiky nature of Caulifla's hair and had bands on either side of her face, even though the majority of her hair was done up in a ponytail like Kale's had been. As the warrior glanced back at them, however, they found that her face seemed to resembled Caulifla more, while she was wearing a purple colored belly shirt and purple form-fitting pants, a mixture of the attires that the girls were wearing, and she had golden bracelets that seemed like the ones that Kale wore, but the green Potara Earrings on her ears revealed that this was a Potara fusion.

"No way... a Potara fusion." Goku said, as that wasn't something they were expecting, because he was sure that neither of the girls had those earrings on them when they started fighting, and even if they did he knew that Sombra's first strike on Kale should have broken the one she must have been carrying.

"This isn't good... her power is much greater than when she was two separate warriors." Vegeta added, as he could feel the power that the new warrior was generating and knew that Champa was happy with what they had done, even if this had been planned ahead of time and used as a last resort.

"Kale and Caulifla make... Kefla!" the warrior stated, revealing that her voice as a mix of the girls that had gone into making her, just like what happened when the two of them used the earrings to form Vegito, though she stood there with a smirk on her face and had her arms crossed.

In that moment Kefla summoned her aura and the sheer power she generated shook the entire area around them, where she seemed to be commenting on the fact that she had 'infinite power' building up inside her body, where Goku and Vegeta actually sweated for a moment as the rest of the fights came to a stop, surprising them since Ribrianne had stopped for nothing and was only now doing so. After a few moments she stopped doing that and slid down the side of the rock wall that they had been staring at, where she came to a stop on the platform that was just above the floor and stared at the duo, showing that she was considering how she was going to fight them now. An instant later Kefla burst through the air and rushed by where Goku and Vegeta were standing, surprising the duo with the sheer speed that she possessed in this form, and she seemed shocked by her power as well, causing the pair to turn around and attempt to hit her, only for her to dodge their attack and kick them both into the air, before appearing above them and knocked them down into the floor once more. The fact that they were the ones on the ground, as opposed to what their foe had been doing a few moments ago, showed them that Kefla wasn't to be underestimated and that they needed to be careful when the battle resumed, though as Kefla charged at them a figure rushed through the air and kicked her in the chest, sending her back on top of the rock wall she had been standing on earlier.

Goku and Vegeta were a little surprised to find Rainbow, of all people, standing between them and Kefla, but at the same time it was a good thing she had arrived when she had, because this gave them the chance to figure out what they were going to do next, especially since Kefla's power was greater than what they thought it would be.

"Guys, I'll keep her busy for a few minutes." Rainbow said, to which she shifted her body for a moment as she stared up at Kefla, who was now glaring down at her with a look of annoyance on her face, indicating that she wasn't too happy about being interrupted like this, "Why don't you repay her in kind?"

While they were happy to see that Rainbow had come to their aid, and saved them from Kefla's next attack, Goku and Vegeta knew that she was talking about doing the same thing that Caulifla and Kale had done, fusing themselves into a single being to fight Kefla, and since they didn't have any Potara Earrings on them that left them with one option, hence the reason they got up and temporarily removed themselves from the battle. Rainbow, however, smiled as she focused on Kefla, because she knew that keeping her busy would require the full power of her base form at the very least, and she was eager to see what sort of power the trump card of Universe 6 had, before she switched with the warrior that would be coming at her in the near future.

PreviousChapters Next