• Published 10th Sep 2018
  • 737 Views, 1 Comments

The Day Rainbow Finally Lost - Flash Photo



Rainbow Dash lost finally lost a race, and is now being interrogated by Twilight to find out why she did what she did

  • ...
7
 1
 737

The Day Rainbow Finally Lost

“Rainbow...is what everypony saying...really true?”

Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash were in a dimly lit room. They were talking about what Rainbow Dash had done.

“Yes.” Rainbow replied.

“What?” Twilight said with slight panic in her voice.

Twilight was confused on why Rainbow Dash was talking the way she was. She talked with a cold, dead, voice. A moneton voice, full of anger and hatred.

“Why, Rainbow? I don’t understand.” Twilight asked, wondering why Rainbow has confessed so easily. Knowing exactly the kind of pony that Rainbow Dash is, she can’t understand how her dear friend Rainbow Dash could do the horrendous act she did.

“I know you don’t understand lady. You’ll never understand.” Rainbow said with a slight chuckle.

“Lady?” Twilight whispered to herself. “Rainbow you know me. You know my name.”
“No I don’t. All I know is that, what happened, was not my fault. She was practically begging me to do it. The look in her eyes. They spoke to me and said “Come to me Rainbow. You know you want to do it to me.” All I did was listen.”

“No, that’s not right.” Twilight responded with a bit of fear in her voice. Worried about where this conversation was going. “Scootaloo would never want you to do that. Especially not to her.”

“Scoota...loo?” Rainbow Dash said with a bit of wonder in her voice. It was almost as if, she didn’t even know who she commited that disgusting, vile crime to.

“Rainbow?” Twilight questioned. “Are you okay? You do know who Scootaloo is...don’t you?”

“Of course I do...yeah...Yeah I know who Scootaloo is.” Rainbow said as if she was trying to remember who Scootaloo was.

“Rainbow. Why did you do that to Scootaloo?” Twilight asked. “She was only a teenager, and she finally learned to fly. What caused you to do what you did?

Rainbow sighed, and started speaking.

“It was Wednesday, and Scootaloo, as you said before, finally had learned to fly. She had been flying for about 3 months at this point, and she spent as much time as she could practicing. So she challenged me to a race. I didn’t want to at first, cause I was tired, but I didn’t want to break her spirit. So I agreed. We raced and she was doing good...too good. At the end, she actually beat me.”

“And how did you feel?” Twilight questioned.

“I felt proud, but there was this strange feeling in the bottom of my gut. At first I didn’t know what it was, but I looked into her eyes. That bitch was giving me such a nasty look.” Rainbow started getting angrier, the more she spoke. “I looked at her and that look she was giving me made me mad. She had her damned eyes, closed. Her mouth was wide open. She was mocking me. She kept yelling about how she actually won. How she beat ME!!! RAINBOW DASH. THAT BITCH DIDN’T BEAT SHIT. I WAS TIRED, AND THAT’S WHY SHE WON. EVEN IF THAT WASN’T THE REASON, THERE WAS NO REASON FOR HER TO BE HAPPY.

“RAINBOW!!!” Twilight shouted.

Upon hearing this, Rainbow Dash calmed down.

“She was just happy.” Twilight said, with tears in her eyes. “She was happy that she finally got to beat her idol. The one pony who kept her going through life. The one pony, that made her feel happy in times of bullying and mockery. She made it to your level...and you killed her.”

Twilight finally broke down sobbing.

“She looked up to you so much...and when she finally got to be on your level...you ended her life.”

“Twilight...” Rainbow Dash said with a true apologetic expression on her face.

“NO RAINBOW!!!” Twilight yelled angrily. “All she wanted was to be like you. To, be close to the one pony who kept her smile shining...the one pony she loved. And you killed her. You tackled her to the ground.”

Twilight starts sobbing really hard.
“You tackled her to the ground and beat her. Beat her with your own hooves. You know she died today right. When Fluttershy finally found her, she was close to death, but she was able to say who did this to her. She was happy for two minutes before your arrogency took over. You couldn’t handle being last place, so you killed her and ran. Poor, poor Scootaloo couldn’t even tell her friends that she finally got to be on your level.”

Rainbow just sat there in silence. With a look of sadness on her face.

“What?” Twilight said angrily. “Too arrogant to say anything? Too pleased that you’re still the best, to even talk. Well look at this, you murderer.”

Twilight tossed over a small book for Rainbow to look at. It was small, pocket sized, and covered in blood. All the cover said was Scootaloo’s Diary.

“Go on...” Twilight said with a sad, yet angered voice. “Read it.”


Dear Diary, Age 5
Today I met this awsom pony with a ranbow main. Her name is Ranbow Dash. I was getng bulied by the jerks at schul when Ranbow Dash got them to leav me alone. Im not a good flyer yet, but one day I’ll be as awsom as her.

Dear Diary, Age 8

So today I met some amazing ponies. Not as amazing as Rainbow Dash, but they’re still really nice. They don’t have their cutie marks yet either. We’ve decided to call ourselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I bet my Cutie Mark will be a pair of wings.

Dear Diary, Age 14

So I was hanging with Rainbow Dash today. She’s been teaching me how to fly and I’ve been able to keep off the ground. Today I beat my record and stayed in the air for 20 mins. I would’ve stayed in the air longer, but it started to rain so Rainbow walked me to her house, since it was really close. I’m gonna stay the night here and I’m gonna have loads of fun...Hey diary...can I tell you something? Ummm I don’t know how to say this, but when Rainbow and I stepped inside...I noticed how wet Rainbow Dash got in the rain...and it made me feel funny. I thought about it...about her. And my heart started to beat rapidly. I’ve been hearing about love, a lot in school recently, and how it feels to really love somepony. I don’t think it’s love though because love is set between a stallion and a mare...right? Anyways Rainbow is calling me to go down stairs to eat. I wish things could be like this forever.

Dear Diary, Age 18

Diary, guess what, guess what. I just had a race against rainbow dash. AND I WON!!! I can’t believe that I beat my idol/crush. I’m sooooo happy right now. Since I’m 18 now and it won’t be weird. To celebrate, I’m gonna ask rainbow out on a date. I’m soo...huh Rainbow seems a little mad right now. She’s coming over here. Well Rainbow has always been a bit of an egomaniac, but that’s one of the things that I love abo…

That was it. That was the last thing Scootaloo wrote in her book, before the rest of it was covered in blood. At that moment, Scootaloo was no more. Taken out, by the one pony she loved in this world, the one who showed her light, in a time of dark. Rainbow looked up at Twilight. At this point, she was sobbing too. The old Rainbow Dash was back, but for how long?

“Twi...light?


“See Rainbow. Scootaloo was ready to pay you back for all of the years you had spent with her. Helping her. And in the end...you stopped her from being happy. You became the evil version, of the ponies who bullied her when she was a filly. You became what, you stopped so long ago. And now...she’s dead.”

As Twilight said for the last time, that Scootaloo was dead. Her voice went into a high pitched squeak. Sounding just like Fluttershy when she is afraid. Twilight ran out of the room crying saying goodbye to Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash was left alone in the room. As Celestia’s guards flooded the room, Rainbow lied her head on the table still crying. Rainbow knew exactly what was going to happen now. She was going to be executed, but she didn’t care.

When they got to Celestia’s castle, Celestia wasted no time, and started Rainbow’s execution. All of Rainbow’s friends were there. Watching their friend be readied for execution. They knew that Rainbow Dash didn’t kill Scootaloo. Everypony knew it wasn’t Rainbow Dash.

Celestia had a prepared a speech, for Rainbow. Twilight kept her promise to Celestia, and so Celestia will keep hers.

“Twas not Rainbow Dash that commited the murder of Scootaloo.” Celestia spoke in a loud, serious tone. “It was jealousy, that broke the fragile mind of the arrogant Rainbow Dash. If it makes it easier to understand, then you may think of it as Rainbow Dash having a second personality. One full of arrogency, and what is now apparent...malicious intent. Rainbow Dash!!! You have shone us that you are NOT evil, but the victim of arrogency’s true face. Twilight Sparkle knew that you were not evil. So she made a deal with me. If she could get you to cry, something you’ve never done before, then that would show us that you are not a heartless monster. Twilight ran out of the interrogation room, and instantly told me about your emotions. So in return for your tears, I will keep you from going to Tarterous. I shall now commence with your execution.”

As Celestia fired her magic, all Rainbow said before being hit was…”If we ever meet again Scooter, I’ll take you out on that date. I’m so proud of you...my love.”

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoyed the story. I wanted to fly away (pun intended) from doing Romance stories, and do something more sad. I originally intended this to be a horror story, but it ended up just being sad. If it wasn't clear in the story, Rainbow Dash's arrogancey became a second personality and it over powered the kind Rainbow Dash when Scootaloo beat her.

Comments ( 1 )

This was... Weird? Strange? Awkward? Yeah, awkward is the word. There is quite a bit of this story that stays in line with the characters, but a large portion of it didn't. It's certainly an interesting idea, but the premise behind it isn't strong enough to warrant it. As for grammar, there were some noobish mistakes strewn throughout, but mostly things that will get better with time and practice. All I can say is, keep writing and getting better.

I will say now though, Rainbow having an alternate identity based purely around arrogance and self aggrandisement is certainly a good idea, and one I do want to see fleshed out more fully.

Login or register to comment