• Published 16th Sep 2018
  • 637 Views, 18 Comments

When Worlds Collide... - Dreadnought

  • ...
1
 18
 637

One Surprise...

Big Mac lay peacefully asleep, snoring softly. The mare wrapped in his forelegs shifted, and he tightened his loving embrace. Nestled within his comforting hold, pressed up against his soft chest, she let out a contented sigh before opening her eyes. Her vision filled with the morning sunlight that slipped through the curtains. Slowly the gaze shifted down to his red forelegs –

Her eyes shot wide open. “Whaa!” she shrieked as she shoved him away.

Thud! Thud! Two ponies hit the floor on opposite sides of the bed.

Big Mac lay sprawled, bleary-eyed and disoriented. After rubbing his aching head, he cautiously sat upright and peered over the edge.

“What the f@#$!?” she screamed at the top of her lungs.

“What?” he stammered, confused.

“How dare you. You – You – You pervert!!!” she growled, pointing an accusing hoof at him. Her eyes narrowed and her nostrils flared as every breath became sharper and angrier.

“Ah don’t under–”

She took to the air, hovering above ready to strike upon the stallion helpless on the floor. “What don’t you f@#$ing understand!!!”

“Dashie calm–”

Dashie!? You think we’re close or something, asshole!” Rainbow Dash raged.

“Eeyup.”

“Why the f@#$ do you think that?” she demanded, her wings beating the air harder and harder. “I may be best friends with your sister, but that doesn’t give you the right to sneak into my home and sleep in my bed with ME!” Her head jerked up as a sudden realization hit her. She absentmindedly descended to the floor and stuttered, “Did we? Last night?” her pupils becoming pinpricks at the potential horror flashing through her mind.

“Did we...?” he clarified.

“Have sex you idiot!” she snarled.

“Er –”

Her hooves went to her head. “Celestia! I don’t remember a thing. I hope I don’t get pregnant.” Snapping back to the moment, her furious glare returned to the stallion. “How did you –? What did you do? Did you slip me something last night? Did you roofie me? Rapist!”

“Nnope!” Big Mac scrambled to his hooves and shouted, “Ah would never do that to you! Ah love ya too much!” His eyes hardened into a scowl matching hers in intensity.

“Why would I have sex with you? I hardly know you! And why are you in my home? How –”

“It’s our home!” he corrected.

“What!”

“This is our home!”

“No! It’s! Not! You live on the farm with your family!” she shot back.

“Ah ’aven’t lived at Sweet Apple Acres since we got married.”

Rainbow Dash jaw dropped as she recoiled from his words. “Married! You think we’re married?”

“Eeyup.”

“Where the hell did you get that idea!”

“We stood at the alter an’ –”

“What?” she interrupted.

“Six months ago – today – we stood before Mayor Mare and got married.”

“No! Six months...” Rainbow Dash paused in thought and rubbed her chin. “Okay, I don’t remember exactly what I was doing six months ago, but I know for a fact we didn’t get married.”

“Well Ah do! Applejack was the maid of honor; Braeburn the best stallion. How could ya not remember!”

“How can I not remember! There’s something wrong with you because I know we aren’t married!”

For a long time the two scowled at each other from opposite sides of the bed. Both stood their ground, attempting to understand their plight and gauge the other’s sincerity. Finally, Big Mac took a deep breath and looked down to the empty bed that had held them only minutes earlier. He stared at it longingly before choking, “Rainbow, Ah’m sorry Ah scared ya. Last night....”

She let out a perturbed huff.

“...last night everything was right. Now, everythin’s wrong. The last six months ’ave been the happiest of mah life.” He raised his head and stared directly into her eyes, “Ah don’t want ta lose mah wife. Ya mean the world ta me. Ah don’t know what’s goin’ on... but it scares me.”

Her glare softened, but remained guarded. “We need to get some answers.”

“Eeyup.”

“Let’s go see Twilight.” Rainbow trotted towards the bedroom door.

“Twilight? Ya sure she can help?” asked Big Mac as he followed behind her.

“If she can’t, we’ll try a shrink.”

Author's Note:

Thanks for coming back for chapter 3. I'm trying to publish this story regularly, so some chapters may be short. But I hope you enjoyed this twist. Next chapter in development!

Dreadnought