• Published 8th Sep 2018
  • 1,478 Views, 28 Comments

Strange Little Puppy - Cipher800



An ordinary family up in Whyoming adopt an strange puppy with purple fur, a pair of wings, and a unicorn horn. The wheels turn another direction, and things will never be the same after that.

  • ...
7
 28
 1,478

First of July

Twilight Sparkle once again awoke to find none of that was a dream, and once again did she find herself in a different position than she originally was. She stretched her front legs and her wings as she woozily got up onto her paws before shaking her head awake. Curiously looking around the room, Twilight took in every detail able to be offered. She appeared to be on what looked like a large bed, well, large for her, anyway, with a dark pink comforter on top, and a decent white wooden frame. Accompanying her on the bed was none other than Kassie, who was sound asleep under the covers.

The room itself was a lighter pink than the bed, with some assorted pictures, Kassie was the youngest, after all, so that would explain the dolls lying around the room. There was also a clock cleverly shaped like a cat, and a few other things that were littered about on the shelf, including a few books. Twilight then walked towards the window to get a better look of the morning light coming from it before turning to the still sleeping girl, then looked at an alarm clock before it beeped. Kassie then moved her hand, searching for the clock for a few tries before finally turning it off. "Oh, hey Twilight." Kassie said as she opened her eyes. She did say she would still call her Twilight, after all. "What are you doing here?"

"I wasn't sure. Before I fell asleep, your parents and I were watching some "Star Trek" show, and when I woke up, I was at your bedroom." Twilight said as she tilted her head subconsciously in confusion before she hit the likely answer. "Did your parents put me here with you?" she asked, Kassie responding with a 'likely' nod before she got up from her bed, making the covers up as Twilight jumped off the girl's bed right before she took the comforter off.

"I guess so." Kassie said as she began to walk out the door. In the day she was a dog, Twilight was gaining a liking to this family, though her heart was still in Equestria. For some reason, there was a growing desire, a bond to them. While she doesn't notice it at first, it was there. "Hey, do you know what day it is?" Kassie asked as Twilight tilted her head.

"No, I don't."

"It's the first of July, it's just a few more days until you can see your first fireworks..." Kassie said as they went down the stairs, with Twilight along with her, though, since she's a child again, it was more like hopping down the stairs. Twilight would be happy to be older again so she can walk up and down the stairs normally.

"Wow, I need to read about it later. Don't you think you can help me with it? At least until I'm older, anyway?" Twilight said as she flashed the biggest smile on her face, being careful not to make it too toothy.

"Why not, a friend of mine read books to their cat and dog all the time." Kassie replied as they went into the kitchen to acquire breakfast. "Morning, Mom!" Kassie said as her mother turned around with a smile on her face.

"Morning, Kassie. Did you and the dog sleep well?" she asked as Kassie nodded. So that's who put her there, not that she's complaining about her relocation. "It's hard to think she's already bonding with us, isn't it?" Kassie nodded in response as she took a bite out of her blueberry pancake. "Good to hear it. Now why not take her for a walk?"

"Umm, aren't I a bit young to walk?" Twilight asked. Great, she sounded more like a filly already.

"I guess you might have a point, you can get lost easily, and everyone would be looking at you." the Mother said. "But we do have loads of forest behind our house, so you can walk there when you feel confident enough." the Mother said as she put the dishes away after they've been rinsed.

"Okay, then." Twilight replied as she went to acquire to some breakfast of her own. "So, where's the others, anyway?"

"Mom said Dad took the other two to get some groceries, right after they finished their breakfast." Kassie said as she finished her plate. Shen then got up from her seat as Twilight finished her meal. Just in the nick of time, Daniel, Katie, and the Father walked in with bags full of groceries in their hands. "Hey, Dad. That's a lot of groceries you have there."

"I knew, sweetie. The farmer's market had a bit more to offer today." the Father said as he put out a few boxes of food out of one of the bags. "Plus, we needed to get Estrela something as well." One of the things he got was a leash and attached it to Twilight's collar. "It's a perfect fit for her." he said as he unhooked it from the purple dog before going out of the room with the mother. "Do not interrupt us. We'll be in our room napping. Now, you four behave yourselves and... try not to fight." After he went out, only Daniel, Katie, Kassie, and Twilight remained.

"So, since we're here together, we should play a game. Does anyone have any suggestions?" Daniel asked. Twilight didn't know of any games found in this world, so her mouth stayed silent for the time being. Though, she was very curious about what they're doing, or what they are going to do. Looking towards Daniel, she eyed the game he was holding, which depicted a well-dressed human in a black suit and top hat, and he seemed to bear a white moustache.

"Monopoly? What the heck is that?" Twilight asked as the boy place the box on the table. She was curious, even more so as a puppy, and walked towards the chair, hopping onto the seat, but she knew she couldn't get any higher. "I've been wanting to see you play that game, so could you please let me see it?" the purple pup asked.

"You are the curious type, aren't you, Estrela?" Katie said as she walked over to Twilight, lifting her up before getting some books and a pillow to give her a good view.

"Thanks, but I'm just watching tonight." Twilight said as she pawed on her pillow, trying to get comfortable. For a few minutes, she was pretty interested, probably a side effect of being a dog, but over time, she was about to jump off when they completed the game, with Daniel as the winner. They then began to switch to another game, this time, Twilight decided to jump off, first to the seat and then to the floor. She began to walk out of the kitchen and went into their living room, going through the lobby before going up the stairs. "Where do you live, guys?" Twilight thought aloud as she another room before jumping onto another leather chair, which was conveniently placed just near a window. She felt her tail instinctually wag as she went to the windowsill.

When she went to the top, she saw rows of houses, all two-storied like her masters' household, but there was a few things off. For starters, there weren't many regular oaks or birches. "Pine trees, but they're supposed to be endangered. No one has ever heard of them, but I got to see them in person!" Twilight said before mentally slapping herself. This was another world, for all she knew, conifers were rare, too. The reason they were killed off was because they were immune to the ponies' ability to control plants, and grew on their own without magic. "Perhaps I can read about it." the dog whispered before pouncing off the chair. As she walked out, she wondered what else this world will have.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait, peeps. I've been thinking about some stuff, but here's this chapter.

Comments ( 7 )

I ask : More ? :trixieshiftright:

Im enjoying the premise so far. Keep up the good effort.

As far as feedback goes (if youd like to improve things going forward, up to you of course), some of the thoughts within the same paragraph jump around a bit suddenly, like youre skipping time without notice. Some moments feel out of character, like twilight's curiosity at their games but no indication of her thoughts while observing or asking the kids questions, or like her acceptance of a new name without too much protest.

Either way, please keep it up and youll show us what's going to happen to this little pet!

9405344

Yeah, More! Maybe Twilight to learn to read, see what stuff she could get and back to her genius self.

What do you mean by that?

And try to play those games?

That could be something to do.

See what could do with science things and technology.

See what she can do with science and tech? Little doggy paws won't help.

Practice her magic.

She would probably have to do that all over again.

9405762
ill keep an eye on this story... its interesting

9405762
also any chance of an update soon?

9437822
Might do a timeskip.

Login or register to comment