• Published 6th Sep 2018
  • 2,021 Views, 28 Comments

Beneath the Argent Moon - Rose Quill



Sunset returns to the world of CHS for a slumber party, her fiancée in tow.

  • ...
3
 28
 2,021

Time to Go

It’s been an interesting year since I returned to Equestria. Between getting some negative press following Princess Celestia giving me a public pardon, and re-integrating into pony society, things had been exciting.

But none of that compared to being with Fluttershy.

She was so different from her human counterpart; she’s a little more determined and less shy about voicing her opinions, but still maintains the same soft spoken and kind nature.

However, there was one major difference between the two: Fluttershy’s ‘curse’. Every full moon she would undergo a change to a more feral form, almost vampiric in nature. It was a holdover from an incident with some vampire fruit bats at Sweet Apple Acres before I had returned.

Yet, it didn’t bother me when I learned of it. She was still my Fluttershy, and I loved her regardless. We also discovered that the more we shared our love, the easier it was to control her impulses and ease her conscience.

Eventually our relationship deepened and I asked for her hoof in marriage. It seemed to be enough to banish the feral mind of the bat, leaving Fluttershy in control again. Yet we both wondered if the bat was lingering deep within, waiting for an excuse to re-emerge.


“Are you ready?” I asked, looking to my fiancé.

She stared at the mirror, swallowing a nervous lump in her throat. “No.”

“You don’t have to come with me, you know. I’ll only be gone a day.”

Fluttershy lowered her head, allowing her mane to slip in front of her eyes. “I know,” she sighed. “But I want to go. It sounds like fun.”

“Just remember, there’s going to be another you there,” Twilight said, stepping into the room with a packed saddlebag. “It takes a bit of getting used to.”

I leaned into Fluttershy. “There’s nopony quite like you, and that’s the way I like it.” The blush that appeared on her face was beautiful. “Besides, we’ve been using the journal to keep in touch with them.”

“And delivering the new one you and Twilight made,” Fluttershy reminded me.

“Well,” Twilight said. “Time to go.” She spared us a smile before charging into the mirror.

I shook my head. “She’s going to trip one of these days.”

We trotted forward, and I felt the whisper soft touch of Shy’s wing as she stayed close to me. I went first, sliding through the surface of the glass. A pins and needles sensation set in and an eerie chill seeped into my body. Vertigo hit a moment later, but I was already passing through the other side, hands going forward to catch myself as I stumbled.

I began to right myself when I felt a body collide with me. I instinctively reached out to catch Fluttershy as she was ejected from the portal.

“You ok?” I asked.

She was too preoccupied to answer. She was staring at her hands, taking in the foreignness of them. Meanwhile, all I could focus on was her appearance. To see her as a human was like discovering her all over again.

Her hair was a bit darker and her skin held a slightly lighter hue. Her eyes were also purple instead of their usual blue. As for clothing, Fluttershy had ended up with a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a blouse with a decidedly gothic feel, and a dark coat of wool that reached to her hips. Hanging against the hollow of her throat was a pendant I had given her as an engagement offering, though it had changed to fit her new appearance.

“This is strange,” she said, her voice a little deeper than normal but nowhere near as husky as her fully transformed state. I caught the slightest hint of her fangs in her mouth as she spoke. She continued to curl her fingers, testing the feel of the new appendages.

Twilight looked at her and frowned before glancing at the sky. “I forgot that the moon phases are out of sync on this side.”

I followed her gaze, seeing a bright full moon glittering high in the night sky.

“Well horseapples,” I muttered, glancing at Fluttershy. “Do you want to head back?”

She shook her head. “No,” she decided. “I don’t feel any different, despite how I look.”

She looked me directly in the eyes and I waited for the Stare to connect.

Nothing.

“I think I’ll be alright tonight.”

She then stood up, revealing that she wore thick-soled boots with many buckles encasing them.

“Twilight! Sunset!” screamed a cheery voice I’d never forget. I turned and braced myself for the incoming crushing hug from Pinkie Pie. Her arms somehow managed to wrap me, Twilight, and a shocked Fluttershy in their grip. “I missed you guys soooo much!” she squealed while holding us in her impossibly strong grip.

“Pinkie,” I gasped. “Down, girl. We need air.”

She put us down and finally noticing the third member of our group. “Is that Fluttershy?” Pinkie gasped.

Fluttershy nodded, a small semblance of her meekness showing through. Pinkie gave her a once over and whistled. “It won’t be hard telling you two apart.” She held her chin in thought. “Though we should still find a nickname or something so we don’t confuse you.”

“Just them?” I asked, glancing at Twilight.

“Nah,” Pinkie followed my glance. “SciTwi’s fine with her nickname. Unless she wants to be called Sparky.”

Twilight waved her hands. “No, thank you.”

“Well, come on then!” Pinkie skipped towards the parking lot. “We’ve got pizza ordered and Dashie will totally want to check out those threads, pony Shy!”

Fluttershy tilted her head.

“Pony Shy?”

I reached over and grabbed her hand.

“Well,” I whispered, knowing she’d hear me. “She’s not wrong.”

When she grinned at the comment, I caught another hint of her fangs, which sent a tingle up my spine. I could feel the phantom sensation of them grazing my neck.

Shame we’d be surrounded by friends all night. I’d kind of like to see if that spot on her back was still as sensitive as it was back home. Though maybe if I was subtle enough about it…

My grin grew to match Fluttershy’s.