• Published 3rd Sep 2018
  • 199 Views, 0 Comments

Irish Nights - SLVRMN



Life isn't always parties and rainbows, especially for Silvermane. A pegasus living on the streets after escaping an abusive environment.

  • ...
 0
 199

Chapter 1

Well I suppose I should tell ya a little about myself. The names Silvermane. I own a little bar outside of ponyville. I work there with my marefriend Cherry blossom. I were born in Ireland in the mid nineties. About the time we turned 2, my sister just died from an illness. My poor mother was devastated. And not to long after that my father was killed in a raid.

Now my father was a freedom fighter. He was one of the last members of the IRA or the Irish Republican Army. They fought against Celestias tyranny in 80s. Even after the army was disbanded, he never lost hope. I guess after a while Celestia got tired of it and sent a group of guards to arrest him. But the guards had other ideas. He was at work when they approached him, pulled their weapons and open fire. They claimed he pulled a gun on them but I know that's not true. My father was a soldier but wasn't stupid. He knew when he was outnumbered.

My mother couldn't afford to take care of me, so she gave me up for adoption. After that I guess you could say I was kind of distraught, and well nopony wants a kid with anger issues. So there I was, being raised by those assholes in that hell hole they call an orphanage. At night, just for fun they would walk into our room and beat us. There were some day that I would wake up and not be able to move. My whole body was bruised. I've even woken up to broken bones. I was sick of it one night. And when they walked in, I jumped them. I broke one of their noses and kicked another one in the gut. After that I jumped out of the window and ran. Turns out that jumping out of a 3rd story window onto a bunch of garbage isn't such a good idea. I ended up spraining one of my ankles.

I ended up living on the street after that in the slums of Kilwinney, beggin for money and food. I even been known to do some favors for just a bite to eat. It wasn't until my 16th birthday that a stallion approached me and offered me a job. I was worried at first but I was willing to do anything to get off the streets and finally have a bed. So I accepted. That night he took me to go see his boss. I was sure it was gonna be a sexual thing, Celestia know it wouldn't be the first time. But he got up. Looked at me. And his face. I'll never forget the look on his face. Those eyes that say Get ready kid.[/i

He looked back at the stallion that brought me in and just nodded his head. The next thing I know, they put a bag over my head and bring me into a large room with nothing but a chair in the middle. They sat me in the chair, removed the bag, and started asking me question like who I was and where I live and where was my family and so on. My only answers were Silvermane, nowhere, and no one. This went on for hours. But with every hour things only got blurrier. It like they were filling the room with some sort of gas. Before I knew it, I passed out.

I awoke a few hours later. This time I was in a nicer room, on a couch. As soon as I woke up, the stallion from before walked over to me, handed me a glass of whiskey and congratulated me.

"What are ya congratulating me for." I asked taking a drink.

"Well lad. You're the newest member of Lucky Clovers gang." The stallion said swallowing his glass in one gulp.

"Wait Lucky Clover. Isn't he that mob boss everypony talks about?"

"Yes lad. Now drink up. Tomorrow, we start your training."

Now I wasn't a full blown member yet. I was still in training. They would take me out on small jobs and I'd have to work my way up. Luckily I had Patty as a teacher. He was Lucky's right hoof pony. Now when I say Patty was good, I mean he was good. He could go from talking about one thing and the next, he would have the pony handing him money willingly. I've never seen anything like it.

The only time I've ever saw him use force is when a couple of ponies from the italian mob showed up and tried to push us to the side. The news didn't get to Lucky until after it was dealt with. The only thing I can remember from that ordeal was these two ponies in suits walking up to Patty and I, pulling out guns and saying that this area belongs to their boss now. Some griffin by the name of Crownwing or something like that. The next thing I new. Patty kicked a gun out of one of the ponies hooves, and bucked the other right in the chest. Then it was like one of those action movies. Ponies running up to us, guns waving. Patty grabbed me and threw me behind a dumpster, pulled out a pistol he called Leanorre and started firing back. The italian colts were good but patty was better. I guess they underestimated him. Patty grabbed a gun off of one of the dead ponies and threw it to me. It was a long fight but we won. Patty was shot in arm and I was grazed in the neck but we made it out.

It was dark by the time we made it back to Luckys office. Patty told me to stop by our doctor and then go home. He was an older pony. I guess maybe in his 50's with a short grey mane and a beard and a northern accent. He patched me up and sent me on my way. On my way home I decided to stop by Colt Busters pub. It was a local pub that i've become pretty well know at. As soon as I walked through the door and set down, somepony came up from behind me and hit me in the head. All I could make out was some pony saying that the don is gonna be happy.

I woke up tied to a chair and my mouth gagged. Shortly after a pony in a black suit came in with a pipe. He said he was just gonna talk to me and if I gave him what he wanted I'd be let go. He wanted to know where Lucky was and if I told him, no harm would come to me. I was a loyal pony. I took an oath to never rat out another one of mine. After that he hit me in the shin, breaking it into pieces. He asked me again but I refused. "You got guts kid. I admire that. Now let's just see what kind of guts you got." he said pulling out a knife. He took the knife and slowly started to cut along my stomach. He wasn't cutting very deep, but just enough to hurt. Just about that time, a guy came into the room.

"Hey Winnie, we got company." The bigger pony said in a panicked voice.

"Oh for crying out loud what is it, the cops. Just pay them off like before and let me get back to work." Winnie said turning around looking back at me.

"It's not the cops Winnie. It's the irish guys." He said.

Upon hearing this, Winnie jumped a little. He knew that he was out number what with most of his men being killed that afternoon. He threw the knife down and order his men to hold their position. Right before he walked out of the room he knocked me out again. At this point all I could think about was how tired I was of being knocked out.

I woke up on a bed inside the docs office. I tried to get up but the pain was unbearable. I removed the covers to reveal a cast on my hind leg and a wrap across my stomach. The doc came in just as soon as I tried to get up.

"Whoa there. You need to stay in bed until that cut starts healing." The doc said putting me back into the bed.

I tried to say What happened doc but every time I tried to breath it would send pain shooting across my midsection so all that came out was "What... hap-pen"

"Well it turns out that the Italians wanted information about where your boss was. That much you probably already figured out. But after they took you, Colt Buster called Patty. And about an hour later they got enough stallions together to find out where they took you and to storm the building. The Italians put up quite a fight but it ran only 20 minutes after Patties boys started firing. They found you on a chair bleeding out. You're lucky they found you when they did, any later and you could of died." He told taking a seat.

"Where... Pat-ty" I wheeze out.

"Oh uh yes, Well you see there were some casualties in the assault. Patty was wounded pretty bad but kept going. He just wouldn't give up on you. I was told he carried you out of the building on his back and all the way to the carriage. Then he carried you up the stairs to here. That's where he collapsed. I tried to help him but after 30 minutes. He succumb to his wounds. All together we lost 3 stallion in that fight."

I was speechless. Three ponies lost their live just to save me, including my best friend. At this point all I wanted to do was die. I was never the same after that night.

After 2 weeks the doc told me I was good to get back to work. I trotted out of the room and I head to the cemetery. I spend about 10 minutes looking until I find his grave Patty 1974-2014 loving father and friend, May he find peace in Celestias kingdom. I stood there for what seemed like ages until somepony approached me.

"Miss him dontcha boy." the pony said in a deep but recognizable voice. I didn't need to turn around. I knew it was the boss. He always had a way of knowing where all his men were.

"Yah. I do. I'm... sorry boss. If it wasn't for me Patty would still be alive and you would still have your right hoof pony." I say almost breaking out into tears.

"Listen boy, dontcha be getting all teary eyed on me. Patty new his time was comin. Why do you think he took you on as an apprentice. He knew he couldn't keep this up for long. None of us will. The only reason i've been the boss for so long is that i've hired people to go out and do jobs like this. Patty new the risk when he told me he was going after ya. I tried to talk him out of it but he didn't listen. Now come on lad, I've got a job for ya." He said turning and trotting away"

"Wait boss. I've only got one question." I say turning to face him.

"What is it lad"

"Why does Patties stone say father? He didn't have any children."

"Ah it's true. But did ya ever think of why he took ya under his wing. Patty never had the chance to be a father do to an accident a long time ago. But he considered you a son in many ways. Just think about that."

And with that, the boss and I walked back to the base. And I started my new life and the boss's right hand man.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment