• Published 8th Nov 2018
  • 411 Views, 7 Comments

Gabby Gums: Interview Edition - Jubilee Bloom



An unknown pony has resurrected Gabby Gums with a new purpose, interviewing the most well-known ponies (and other creatures) of Equestrian society. A comment-driven story.

  • ...
1
 7
 411

Mystery Article

Some of you remember me. Some of you remember me as a source of entertainment. Some of you remember me as a source of embarrassment. Some of you remember me as a source of regret.

Well, fear not, for I have taken on a new purpose, and I shall return only with the first objective, and I shall add only one more: education.

Why is it that when Princess Twilight Sparkle is looked upon in the streets of Manehattan, she is brushed aside like a normal pony? Why is it that when Princess Luna fails to smile for one photo, Equestria is thrown into chaos? Why are none of the bearers of the Elements recognized as much as they should be? Why do I meet so many ponies who have not heard of the return of the Pillars of Equestria? The answer, my friends, is none other than a lack of quality information.

In an era where the growth of Equestria and other countries exceeds the growth of communication, this is my fight to try and reduce the number of fake headlines and misinformation, and replace confusion with a sound knowledge of our leaders and heroes. But I will need help from all of you.

If there are answers that you seek, send your questions. I will choose one pony at a time for you to ask questions to. When I have enough, I will pick the best and send them to that pony, and what they write in response will be published for you to read. Just fill out the form below and mail it to Canterlot Chronicles, and your question could be chosen to be used in an interview. All questions asked are completely anonymous, so there's nothing for you to lose. Please, I need your help.

The first pony I will be interviewing is Princess Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship and the Bearer of the Element of Magic.

Yours Sincerely,

Gabby Gums


Proper Press narrowed his eyes at the piece of paper in front of him.

“So, will it be run?”

“I’m afraid I can’t do that, Lexi.” Proper Press narrowed his brown eyes at the younger mare standing in front of his desk. Lexiconia nervously shifted around a bit, trying to come up with a proper argument. The dim lighting of the room made everything seem more harsh and scary and did little to acknowledge the beauty of her rich reddish-brown mane, pale coral coat, and green-grey eyes.

“But you’ve read the manuscript. It sounds like a good idea, right? And the note that came with it left very clear instructions.”

Indeed, there was a note on a crumpled piece of paper currently placed next to the mystery author’s manuscript, a template for the form for submitting a question, and the blank envelope that had carried both of them.

I know this is unorthodox, but I would much appreciate if you run this article. The answers that are sent in may be placed in the orange crate located in the edge of the alleyway next to the building. I will take care of all the writing.

“Yes, Lexi, I read the note, and I have heard of the crate,” Press continued. “However, I cannot let a pony I don’t even know write for Canterlot Chronicles. That is strictly against our standards. This is more the type of article that would be published for our rivals.”

Everyone who worked for the Chronicles knew of their competitor, In the Loop. It was basically a heap of gossip articles written by upper-class ponies trying to eloquently insult each other and improve their own social standing.

“This isn't gossip. This is a chance for the general public to learn about the most important ponies in Equestria!” Lexi was adamant. “Think about how much ponies could learn from this! This is an opportunity that they may never get again!”

“And at what cost?” Press was starting to lose his calm, collected manner. Usually, when he told one of his employees “no,” they dropped the subject. Not so with Lexi. “Our reputation is that of a sensible, trustworthy, proper newspaper. Letting this article be run would destroy our foundation. This random pony even acknowledged that there was damage done before by the previous holders of this alias.” Press smiled slightly, the face of victory. Alas, it was too soon.

“This random pony also mentioned the fiasco with Princess Luna’s photo shoot, one that was not run by In the Loop. You do remember who ran it, right?”

Press’s face fell. He remembered that fateful day. Of course of all the days he could have overslept and not been able to double check the paper before it went to printing was the one day that a faulty story had made its way into the Chronicles.

Lexi smirked. “So, should we run it?”

Proper Press sighed. As much as he hated to have to run an article by an unknown author, the idea actually was a good one. And to be honest, he himself had a few questions he wanted to ask. Thinking for a few more seconds, he addressed Lexi.

“Yes, we may run it.”

"On the front page?"

Press sighed again. "We might as well.

Lexi squealed with excitement and gave a little hop, before taking the manuscript in her dusky green magic and fairly skipping out of the room. She made her way quickly down the hallway and turned right, into the “assembly” room, where the images and articles of the Chronicles were put together into a prototype that would then be copied, and the copies would be sold. She trotted up to the pony in charge and told him, or rather, shouted at him, "We have a new front page piece approved by Proper Press!" Without even waiting for a reply, she skipped back out of the room and down to her cubicle in the main workroom.


Sometime later, Princess Twilight received a letter from Canterlot Chronicles, brought to her Headmare's desk.

"I wonder what this could be..."

Comments ( 7 )

You know, if I ask a question, Twilight will know it's me. We met when I was sent help for my research with the GrimDark.

Speaking of which, would you mind asking Twilight a questoin?

What is her latest research project?

Also, please ask Celestia and Luna a question as well.

Are they aware of the GrimDark reality?

9279373
Keep in mind these responses will be based off of my own headcanon material.

9279506
Not meaning to self-promote, but read my story Blood Runs Cold. You'll understand the questions. :rainbowwild:

9279527
Er... no offense, but I don't read grimdark stories. It's just not my thing.

9279971
Technically, it's not GrimDark. It's more a story about a GrimDark.

This is interesting! I wonder if there are more stories about gabby gums out there? This reminds me of Red X after Robin dropped that whole fiasco within the old Teen Titans show on CN. Hope this goes well, this is very promising! :3

9296972
Thanks! Are there any questions you would like to ask Twilight?

Login or register to comment