• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 4,199 Views, 39 Comments

The last human - mattstorm360



"Life finds a way." It's never been more true.

  • ...
7
 39
 4,199

James

Cold. That's all I could feel for the last... well it could have been at least 5,000 years before life could have been stable. 10,000 at the most. I felt it only for a few minutes but it must have been longer then that.

"It's frozen." Luna said

The creature started to feel heat from the room and the cold metal he has been sleeping on.
Old bones saw the ice beginning to thaw "It may take some time for it to regain conciseness."

As his strength returned he could final open his eyes. At first everything was blurry. He could just make out 4 faces looking at him one at his feet two at his left side and on on his right. He blinked three more times and could see clearly. What he saw was... not what he expected.

"Get back it's waking up" Old bones said getting everypony to move away from the creature who started to get out of the pod.
The creature got out and landed on his hand's and knee's dazed and confused. It opened it's mouth to complain but all that came out was water and pieces of ice. He got on two legs and saw the creatures that awoke him. He backed up a bit before turning around and running towards a door. "Be careful it's confused. Luna said to keep her ponies safe.
The biped bust throw the door catching two guards off guard, but while running down that door he lost his footing and fell on he knees. Instinct and training kicking in, the creature looked around saw a weapon. A spear one of the guards dropped in the confusions. The creature grabbed the spear and got back on two feet. He looked ready to strike, but was still too dazed to fight, the biped looked for a quick exit and found a window. What was outside made him drop the weapon in disbelief. From his point, you could see the town, part of the mountain it sat on, and the ponies below. The guards took this opportunity to take there spears and pointed them at the creature ready to attack. For a few minutes ponies just stared at the creature and looked each other. One pony manage to work up the guts to approach the creature. Twilight started to move.

"Twilight wait." Rainbow called out at her friend knowing the creature could kill her...
Twilight looked at the creature. It looked clueless of what was going on around it. It was more focused on what was out side. If anything it was shocked


"Um hello... Mr.ummm biped creature."

"Twilight, that thing probably can't understand you." Rainbow whispered to Twilight from across the room.

"Just so you know I can understand you. And my name is James." A male voice came from the creature who identified himself as "James".

"My name is Twilight Sparkle."

James stopped looking out side and turned to face the door he broke out of not too long ago. "Unicorns, Pegasi" James looked at Luna. "Alicorn... i'm surrounded by mythical creatures." James turned around looked outside once more. "How is this..." James put his hand on his head. "Posib..." Before James could finish, he fell to to knees and collapsed onto the ground.



"Do you think it's kinda wearied that we only know this guy for a minute and we are all ready worried about him?" Spike said to Rainbow Dash.
"Ya short stuff. This is just..."

"We reacted how we should have reacted." Old Bones said
The group of ponies looked at the creature named James. The ponies know nothing about his anatomy but he is still breathing and has a heart beat so that was a start. He laid on a spare bed, Old Bones had for guest, in till they could find out what else to do with him.

"If, you wish to leave you may." Old bones said "I will be fine here."

"Here? Alone? With this thing." Rainbow responded

"If there is any problem i'm sure the guards could handle it." The two guards looked at each other before one responded bravely.

"Ye... Yes of course. We can handled it."

The ponies looked at each other and exchanged faces. "Well, I do have to get my new magic book from Celestia."

"Yes, and I must speak to my sister about this creature."

"Best seats at the Wonderbolt airshow can only last forever."
And with that the alicorn, unicorn, pegasus, and dragon left the building leaving, Old Bones and James alone. Old Bones looked at James strange armor. It covered from neck to hoof... paw. But one thing that caught her eye was a symbol on his chest piece. If she was getting old and crazy, then the symbol matched the one of... "No... how could they... it's probably just a coincidence... I hope" Old bones walked out of the room to continue her work.



When James woke up he found him self in a room laying on a bed. No memory of how he got here, but he dose slightly remember going into cryo sleep. James got out of the bed and found a door. With any luck, the people that found him are in there and friendly.

Old Bones looked up from her work to see James has woken up and also used the door.

"Hmm... well grate."

"Are... are you... ok?"

James faced the unicorn. "Ya i'm fine i just have advance cryo sickness."

"Advance cryo sickness?"

"Yes, it happens but it's not life threatening. It just causes people to look different. It will wear off."

"Oh..." Old Bones knew that he was not sick. What he saw was true. "James you should know that..."

"How did you know my name?"

"You told me before you passed out."

"Oh... you mind telling me what happened before I fainted?" Old Bones told James everything, from when he woke up to the time he fainted. She explained that Rainbow dash left to see the Wonderbolt's airshow, Luna left to talk to her sister, and Twilight and Spike left to get some new magic books.

"Hold on... magic?"

"Yes magic."

"Never heard of it."
Old Bones decided to create a example. Her horn started to glow gray. Shortly after that, a book was covered in the same color and it hovered off the ground. "This is a simple manipulation. We can also cast spells that can do almost anything."

"I see, well then should i tell you about my species?"
Old Bones smiled as her horn lit up again making a quill and scroll hover in front of her.

"I will take that as a yes." James cleared his throat and talked about the human race. Well to the best of his ability. He explained that his race where omnivores, they where the only race, at the time, with a brain smart enough to study it's self and the body it controlled, and there achievements from learning how to walk on two legs to colonizing the planet mars.

"Amazing. Your species was simply amazing. That only leaves one question. What happened to your..."
The doors opened reviling three guards, and two alicorns. The tallest one approached James as Old bones bowed down.

"Rise my little pony. Hello James."

"Princess Celestia I amuse."

"Yes. Please, we must talk."

Sure here or..." Before James could finish, him and Celestia disappeared in a flash of light. Luna approached the old mare.
"No worries Old bones. My sister needs to talk to the human in private."
Old bones wanted to protest. A human. A 35,000 year old human. Humans have only been mentioned in old books but no proof of them ever existed till now. And now the princess has him. But she new Celestia.


"else... were..."James looked around to see he was now in a tower, high above the city. The room was nice, had a fire place and a strange bird. "What happened?"

"I'm sorry if you are disoriented. Sudden teleportation will cause that."

"I'm not sick i'm just... confused. Why did you take here?"

"We need to talk. Your species was only heard of in old stories. Your a myth."

"So what? You just going to keep me here? One big secret."

"No." James raised a eyebrow. "Why would make you think I would keep you and your species a secret?"

James shut it for a moment. That outburst was unnecessary. He needed to explain himself. "I lived in a world full of conspiracy, greed, chaos, and war."

"You will not find that here."

"I was never told where "here" was."

Celestia looked outside on the balcony at the landscape bellow before facing the human.

"Canterlot. The capital city of Equestria."

"A fitting name for a country filled with ponies, and a strange place to put the capital." James walked on the same balcony with Celestia and chuckled a bit. "And that's coming from a man who lead soldiers into battle inside a gas giant." Celestia put out her hoof at James who simply looked at before putting his hand on her hoof. They both looked at each other and shook.

"According to the regulations, I find and follow a leader if i believe they can be trusted." James' smiled told Celestia that he trusted her. "I was a Spar super soldier and Spar teaches us parkour, skydiving, and several fighting styles to help us in the field."

"Humanity was a violent race was it."

"We knew peace. We just never expressed it well."

"I hope you express it better then your race."

"I will take that as a order. Be nice. So what now?"

"I will release the news of the new discovery of the human race."

"Your not like the leader i thought you were." Celestia turned to face the human. "Oh?"

"When ever there was a major discovery, that could affect history, a leader would try vary hard to keep it hidden. You are showing me you people."

"This is your home just as it is ours. And my little ponies deserve to know."

"Good point." James looked outside the window saw a few flies playing below them. It brought a small smile to his face.

"The question is. How will your people react."

"I all ready planed for that. You will be taken on a train to Ponyville. That is where my student and her friends live. You may want to remove that armor."

"This armor dose just come off... but...umm." James only had a black under armor shirt and shorts to match. "Do you know about taboo."

"Waring armor is a taboo to your people?"

"It's just natural for humans to ware clothes. And armor is the only thing i got."

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long. I'm getting back into writing now.

Comments ( 20 )

I hope you like the chapter. Now if you escuse me. i have to fight evil robots with my best friends and my worst enemy.

1089225 Robots that look like the guys from TF2

1089341 It's a new update for TF2 called Mann vs Machine

Nice update. Only caught a few typos.

Twilight that thing probably can't under stand you

"Twilight, that this probably can't understand you."
Some missing commas, The i's need to be capitalized, but other than that, I'm still interested in this.

Looking forward to the next update!

1091395 Thank you i will update it........... now!

1396260 AGH!! *hurry's up to type new page*

:pinkiesmile: good you are best

1396367 OHHH Fanfic stuff. Busy with fanfic stuff. Hmm this fanfic stuff looks good. *mikethealicorn leaves*
* relaxes*

no im still here just hiding you will wright for ME MIKETHEALICORN MWAHAHAHA:pinkiecrazy: umm right GET STARTED:flutterrage:

1396405 Hay you try thinking of a good starting point. I all ready got two stories like this in the making. Also i'm trying to juggle school. :twilightangry2:

1396425 It's ok . When i made this i was board and thought "Screw it i'm going to write a fanfic." Then after that i got fans counting on me to make more.

excellent story i only have one last request

add my oc in there PLEASE:pinkiehappy: i mean if thats ok with u:fluttershysad:

ok thank u but i must ask big part or no i wont be mad PLEASE:pinkiehappy:

You should run this through an editor or something... interesting story, but moving slightly fast.

Login or register to comment