• Published 28th Aug 2018
  • 8,356 Views, 223 Comments

Burden of Love, Curse of Hatred - Knight of Crows



A brony goes to a convention as Estarossa, he doesn't regret buying Rebellion.

  • ...
22
 223
 8,356

Making preparations

Estarossa (Jack) POV

It took longer than I would have liked to find the library, but that's my fault for not asking the guards for directions or see if a servant would be able to guide me. It only took a second to find Luna and join in, I figured I should probably learn about this world while I'm here and help her where her... Tutor? Teacher? Whatever, I helped where the teacher was lacking and Luna was not only learning everything noticeably faster, but seemed to enjoy herself as well. The teacher on the other hand was less than pleased and walked out on us, not that either of us cared. Time flew by faster than I would have thought as we seemed to have missed lunch and it was already time for dinner. I never thought learning would be so enjoyable when you had someone with you. Celestia decided to take the rest of the day off and spend time with Luna so I excused myself only to have Celestia tell me to stay, hours flew by again and I decided to call it a night, not before hugging Luna of course who was also noticeably tired. I hadn't heard from Mael after earlier so I decided to check on him personally, assuming I even have a choice in meeting him.


Dream world

Landing as a human in the same scenery as last time I saw Estarossa still sleeping and chained and Mael sitting down and staring off into the abyss. I felt something different on my face so I summoned Rebellion and viewed my reflection to find my left eye is now black and I have my own demon mark shaped almost like Meliodas's in assault mode and leaving a sort of scar half way down my cheek. I'm guessing this means the Commandment's bond with me is strengthening or something. After thinking on it for a little I joined him and the scenery somehow changed to what looked like islands floating over the clouds and a giant ring shaped space in the middle.

"It's beautiful." I commented

"Whenever I wanted to be alone, I would always come here and Elizabeth would kindly comfort me. I burned this image into my heart because of it." He responded

We just sat there for a while in silence, I was enjoying the view as he was reminiscing about the past. The silence eventually came to an end as Luna dropped in and had the same reaction as me.

"This is a wonderful view." She commented before noticing the new addition to my face "Was that black marking on your face last time?"

"No it wasn't, I'm guessing the Commandment's bond to me is becoming stronger or something like that and this is probably a side effect. So decided to check up on me?"

"I did." She said giving Mael an uneasy look "Is he truly no longer a problem?"

"I can hear you, and no. I swore to not do anything like last time." Mael said

"How ca-" I chose this moment to interrupt them

"I think I'll step in and prevent this from escalating, so with that said." I picked her up bridal style getting an 'eep' out of her "How's my favorite princess? I didn't expect to see you so soon." She didn't look amused

"Could you please put me down?"

"Now why would I do that? I've always wanted to hold you and you want to take that away from me? I thought you liked me!" I said with mock hurt in my voice and set her down getting a thank you from her. I sat back down and Luna joined me, wrapping a wing around me as we leaned on each other. Mael just looked on with a light smile and barely noticeable sad look in his eyes, probably thinking about Elizabeth again. I figured I should probably get his mind off of what he probably can't have and get an answer for earlier.

"Have you thought about what I said Mael?" I asked, he shifted his gaze back to the view before us and replied

"I have."

"And?"

"I've decided to try and teach you how to use Light, however there are no guarantees that you will be able to use it if not because of the Commandment then your human soul." Something is better than nothing I guess

"Hopefully Dark will suffice. If not then I don't know what we should do at that point. For now though let's just admire the sights before us." Luna agreed and pulled me closer and I just closed my eyes enjoying this feeling. I don't mean to sound like a teenager driven by hormones, but I doubt starting a relationship with her will be too hard if she's this comfortable around me


Creature POV

Where the hell am I? I would try to fly, but losing my Commandment seems to have had a bigger impact than I thought and jumping only showed trees for miles. Damn that Estarossa, as if Meliodas betraying us wasn't bad enough, but him too? I won't stop until I see him dead at my feet.

"RRRAAAAAAHH!" Another tree down in this seemingly endless forest "I need something to kill and fast." I looked up and barely saw smoke in the late night sky "Looks like I found my first victim, hehehe." I said with a smile on my face and picking up the pace

Finding out there was something to kill improved my mood enough that I started taking my time heading there and stopped cutting down every tree in my way. A few miles away from the mountain the smoke looked like it was coming from I turned around seeing light quickly approaching me

"GAAAHH MY EYES!" I shouted, looking around after my eyes adjusted I saw no one, but somehow the sun was high in the sky "What is this sorcery? It was nighttime mere seconds ago!" Nevermind, I wouldn't understand it anyway, I think I'll just move along and kill whoever's at the top.


Estarossa (Jack) POV

I'm kind of disappointed the dream had to end, but then again I could experience that same comfort in the waking world as well so silver lining. I took my shower and made my way to the dining hall to find no one here, I was about to peak into the kitchen to see if anyone was here until I heard the door open again with Celestia entering with Luna.

"Morning, I hope you slept well Celestia." I greeted them closing the kitchen door and sending a dark pulse

"'I did thank you, now what about Luna?" Not working Sunbutt

"Of course she slept well, she was with me after all." *insert record scratch*

"Would you care to elaborate?" She said with a smile that promised murder

"Uuuumm let me rephrase that. She came into my dream and the most intimate thing we did was I want to say cuddle, but we weren't sleeping with each other so I think the word I'm looking for snuggling?" Even Luna was blushing (so adorable) and at a loss for words.

"Very well then." Finally we all sat down and the servants were filling up the kitchen quickly "I have a task for you after we are finished with breakfast should you choose to accept."

"Sure, can't be that dangerous."

"Not for you maybe, but for young Sparkle and her friends it will be." Luna said, I don't remember this in the show, now you have my undivided attention.

"Alright, I thought it was serious considering I was going, but them too? What do you need?" I asked

"Considering you have to ask, I think it's safe to assume you didn't notice that smoke cloud near Ponyville?" Okay red flag, I don't remember it being this soon in the first season. Hell if it is on a weekly basis for the events episode 3 shouldn't have even started yet, which ever one it was.

"No I haven't, but I think I remember what's causing it. You want me as protection then?"

"Correct, if diplomacy fails then strength will usually get a dragon to back down, or respect and see others as equals. I trust the strength part will be no problem for you though." Celestia said as breakfast was served.

"If events play out like in the show then strength won't be needed, Fluttershy the angel she is will talk the dragon down after Rarity and Rainbow in their infinite wisdom decide to try stealing from the dragon and attack it in that order. Speaking of I think you should speak with them after this, the show meant for young children I can almost guarantee will be very different from this one and this one will be much more violent and bloody." I warned them

"If events happen as you think they will then I will, otherwise such a thing may not be necessary."

"I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there." And with that we finally dug into the food

Author's Note:

Short chapter, but next 1 or 2 will be longer