• Published 16th Dec 2011
  • 2,941 Views, 335 Comments

Tales of Interest! - Pascoite



Random unrelated short stories

  • ...
11
 335
 2,941

PreviousChapters Next
Bad Eggs

“These are the worst eggs I’ve ever tasted,” Zesty Gourmand declared, her pen flicking across her notepad.

“Whaddya want?” Over Easy growled. “It’s just a greasy spoon diner. This ain’t no hot cuisine.”

“Haute. And about it not being hot as well, we are in agreement. It’s too cool.” She turned up her nose and shuffled some of the yolk with her fork. “Besides, it’s rather runny.”

Runny!? She wouldn’t know good eggs if they bit her in the… “I’ll give her hot,” he muttered as he dumped an overly generous heap of cayenne pepper on the next two eggs off the griddle. “Here. Try these.”

She sniffed and wrinkled her nose, but did take a bite. Then her stomach rumbled ominously, before a high-pitched squeak sounded from under the table. Her cheeks blazed red.

Never before had he smiled this big. “Too cool and this ‘runny’ are soon farted.”

Author's Note:

Sometimes I can't resist a good feghoot. If you don't know what that is, it's a story engineered to lead up to a pun or reworking of a familiar phrase or something equally stupid. So this one is a play on "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Prompt: Crossing Over

Yeah, that one's a stretch. His name is Over, and she crossed him.

PreviousChapters Next