• Published 1st Aug 2012
  • 2,870 Views, 452 Comments

Brony Recon: Ascension - Freescript the Bard



The bronies of Brony Recon have spent two months in Equestria, and are moving on with their new lives. But life has other plans for the six former-humans.

  • ...
22
 452
 2,870

PreviousChapters Next
Song of Legends Part 2: Seeking Shard

Aegis' POV

"Ugh… Summer?" I woke groggily, shifting beneath the blankets. For some reason, I felt restless, as if I had a lack of sleep. I didn't remember waking up in the night. At my impulsive calling, the mare in my forelegs stirred.

Summer was a moderately light sleeper, only taking my soft voice to rouse her. "Can you keep it down, Aegis?" she said, just as groggy as I was. "I'm trying to enjoy our day off from chores…"

"Sorry," I apologized.

"Don't be sorry, be quiet."

"I'm--" I stopped myself before apologizing again, but my partial sentence was enough to make Summer smile slightly.

Chuckling, I relaxed my head again, letting it sink into the pillow. Although I was already awake and not going back to sleep anytime soon, I closed my eyes and brought the mare I had come to love closer to my body. She sensed this and snuggled into the longer hairs on my chest.

She looked so cute when she was asleep. Like a foal curled up next to her mother or father. Her breath ran through my coat like a warm summer breeze. With pearl forelegs tucked tightly against her body and ears laid back, she was as peaceful and peace could be.

"D'aww…" I breathed, not wanting to wake her again. Silently, I closed my eyes and felt her breathing against my belly.

>><<>><<

Rainchaser's POV

I fluttered into the bathroom, taking the mane-brush in hoof and moving it through my pink locks. I had a bad bed-mane, so naturally there was a lot of tangles that made me wince when the brush moved through them. I'm surprised Shift didn't say anything when he was here. Of course, he was smart enough not to insult a mare's mane. I've seen Twilight's bed-mane, and it's not pretty.

Finished with my grooming, I set the brush down and was about to turn away when I saw my mane-band on the counter. It was a simple elastic double-band, attached together with a magenta ruby the same color as my eyes. It was a gift from Sky and Luna, along with an enchanted switch-shield bracer for Aegis, similar to Sky's own switchblade watch. Luna had said she put a special enchantment on the respective gems that were embedded in the gifts, but didn't say what.

I sighed and picked up the band, putting my mane into its familiar ponytail. Smiling at the mirror, I made my way downstairs.

"Gah!" I stumbled on a green shell, rolling down the stairs. "Tank! Watch where you sleep, you dang turtle!"

"Tortoise!"

"Whatever!"

>><<>><<

Aegis' POV

It must have been an hour since I first woke up. I blinked open my eyes again, careful not to rouse Summer again. The mare as still in her adorable position, making me 'd'aww' silently again. Feeling bold, I shifted my head closer to hers to kiss her forehead…

…only to find my lips meeting hers. The kiss later a few seconds before Summer withdrew. "Don't even try it, big guy," she scolded playfully. Summer was surprisingly perceptive, even in sleep

"Oh, you can count on it, if that's what I get for it." This earned me a one-way trip to the floor. "Ow… you can buck hard for a mare." And for that, a backhoofed slap to the face. "Ow! I'm sorry!"

"Are you?" She stepped down from the bed and sat one her haunches. "Prove it."

I grinned. My turn to be sly. I rolled quickly to my hooves, putting one her chest and the other behind her back. I leaned forward, dipping her head back and planting a kiss on her mouth. Our tails instantly went rigid as our lips connected. I explored with my tongue, and she did likewise. It wasn't long until she was kissing my neck with gusto. In response, I slid my tongue from her ear to her shoulder, gliding along her soft fur. She giggled at the movement, being slightly ticklish.

"That's it, lover boy," she said seductively. "You're gonna get it." Gingerly, she began leaving a trail of kisses down the side of my neck. The trail ended on my flank, her tongue tracing my cutie mark with skill. A nibble on her ear gave her signal to cease, reluctantly.

"C'mon, let's start breakfast before we get carried away," I insisted.

She giggled at this. "How much more carried away can we get?"

"I can think of a few ways…" I voiced playfully. Her tail, which was rigid to begin with, was now stock-still, standing at almost a forty-five degree angle. Turning, I moved to begin making some more omelets.

I stopped. On the counter was my shield-bracer. The gem was glowing radiantly. On an impulse, I trotted up to the table and slid the bracer onto my right hoof.

>><<>><<

Storm's POV

"Hey, Caramel!" I greeted my fiancé. "I brought you a snack!"

Caramel stopped bucking the leafless tree to smile at me. "Thanks, Storm," he said, accepting the DLT from my magical grip. "Have I told you that I love you?"

I giggled at the cheesiness of his words. "Only every other minute," I replied in a low tone, trotting up to him and kissing him gingerly on the lips before letting him eat. I looked up and down the rows of trees, all lacking both leaves and apples. "Why are you guys trying to harvest dead branches?"

Caramel looked up at the tree he was on, swallowing the last of his sandwich. "These are gala apple trees. Some of their branches die in the first frost, so we have to prune the weaker ones by bucking them." he pointed with his tail over to Applejack, who was kicking the trees on the other side of the field.

I nodded, getting a good understanding of what the Apple family was doing. Caramel smiled and gave me a peck on the lips before moving on to the next tree. Winding up, he bucked the solid tree with force…

…causing the two mares cuddled up in the branches to come crashing down on top of him. Rain and Rainbow Dash shook their heads, as if waking from a… oh.

I broke down laughing at their misfortune, Rainbow and Rain scrambling to detacth themselves from my coltfriend. "Caramel! What the buck?!" yelled the pink-maned pegasus. "Do ponies EVER look up?!"

"I don't know, you pegasi usually have your heads in the clouds," I rebuked. "Maybe you should pay more attention to where you snuggle in for a nap."

"Ha ha, don't quit your day-job, Storm," said Rainbow Dash in a sarcastic voice. "If you must know, we were having a-- Chloe, what the hay is up with your mane-tie?"

"My mane tie?" Rain whipped her hair around to look at the band keeping her hair in a ponytail. The magenta gem was glowing. "Uh… no idea. Luna said she put an enchantment on it, but she never told us what it--"

"INCOMING!" A royal blue streak fell out of the sky, landing with a 'PIFF' into the snow. Skyblaze immediately recovered and hopped out of the snow bank. From his saddlebags he removed a hoof-sized gem, the same color as the one on Rain's mane-tie.

Without bothering to give an explanation, he began singing in that weird language. The larger gem became wrapped in a golden aura that matched Sky's eyes and floated off his hoof. After two verses, the gem clattered back onto his hoof. "Here," he said, tossing it between Rain and Dash. "Just tap it to have the sharper end point where you need to go. I need to be heading off for a court session with a couple Alyiess we captured. Good luck looking for Aegis!" With that, he flew off, leaving us a standing in shock.

>><<>><<

Correspondence: Kind Greetings and Lyra Heartstrings

To Ambassador Lyra Heartstrings,

This letter is upon short notice as I had only recently discovered your appointed position. As stated in your job description, you are to handle any dealings with those whose origins are… extraterrestrial in nature. Particularly with anything from a world by the name of Earth. It may be of shock to you, Miss Heartstrings, to know that I know of this world. As I had once called it home.

I cannot stress the how invaluable this information holds, Miss Heartstrings. If I may introduce myself, I am the ambassador from Earth, representing an organization known as the bronies. The bronies are humans that have seen Equestria and wish to immigrate here. Thus, Exodus Equestria was born. As of now there are five humans, their DNA altered to match that of a pony, currently living in Equestria, myself included. I am not inclined to name the other bronies present in this world, however I am inclined to say that we are part of Brony Recon, the first bronies to set foot in Equestria.

Hoping for a swift response,
-Ambassador Kind Greetings,
Brony Recon

>><<>><<

To Ambassador Kind Greetings,

Is this some sort of cruel joke, or are you being legit right now? If the latter, please meet me at my Ponyville residence. Just follow the return address. That is all.

Hoping you aren't pulling my leg,
-Ambassador Lyra Heartstrings
Equestrian Extraterrestrial Embassy

Author's Note:

Skyblaze: Fight scene?

MB: Fight scene.

PreviousChapters Next