• Published 20th Aug 2018
  • 5,047 Views, 59 Comments

Heartfire - TwiZone



An Ancient tradition for the dragons begins soon as Spike gains help from a legendary Purple dragon to help him train to hopefully impress Ember.

  • ...
17
 59
 5,047

Epilogue

Running.


Spikes legs had him run as fast as he can while dodging tree branches. He was being hunted. The lush dark green leaves of the EverFree forest covered his purple scales from sight.

Hiding behind a tree as he took a breath. Peeking out to see nothing but shadows. They were near he had to get away from them.

Running fast then he ever has before. He needed to get away before they catch him.

While Running he didn't see a log just laying down as he tripped over it. Falling into the dirt he quickly got up to back away.

He heard bushes moving as he closed his eyes. This was it. He was gonna die from these hunters.

But then he heard a small voice that made him happy.

“Found You, Daddy”.

Spikes eye opened to see his son. The small dragon's scales were cyan just like his mothers. He also had green eyes and the tips of his wings were light green like his fathers.

Torch was his name. Ember decided to use the name ever since her Father passed a few years ago. Spike agreed even though Ember said he did not contribute a lot in her life.

She still loved him as a father.

Torch jumped up and tackled his father to the ground. “Oh no he’s- to strong-uh” Spike pretended to struggle under the mercy of his Son.

Torch lifted his claws in a victory. “Yes, I beat dad”. Torch’s smile could rival Pinkie Pies.

“Yes, you did Torch” another voice from beings the two dragons.

“Mama” Torch jumped off his dad and hugged Ember. Embers hug was not awkward like it uses to be all those years ago. She was pretty much a professional by now.

“I lost you two for a sec, your good at hiding Spike. Just don’t try and hide anything from me” Ember said with a little chuckle.

Spike rolled his eyes.

“Are we going home?” Torch asked with a sad look. Spike smiles as he looked around the forest. It was just near a path going to Ponyville.

“Actually Torch we are going to meet Auntie Twilight and Aunt Rarity. Climb on since your wings have not fully developed yet”. Spike leans his head down as Torch climbs up and lays on his back

“Ember was it you making those Shadows?” As they flew Ember got closer to her favorites Drake’s.

“Yes, it was. It was actually Torch’s idea it was to make you scared”. Spike and Ember smiled as Spike told his son how scared he made him.

Just over the forest was Ponyville. After all these years it still looked peaceful and calm. Yet above the simple buildings was Twilight's castle.

The castle of friendship shines with each crystal and gem on the outside. It was a short flight as they landed on the stairs leading to the large doors.

The doors open with a blue aura glow. A white marshmallow coat of fur with a purple mane. Rarity smiled as she went down the stairs to greet the dragons.

“Hello, darlings,” Rarity said before she hugged Spike and Ember. Leaving the hug she used her magic and lifted Torch off the ground.

“And hello to you too little one”. Rarity says as she brings Torch into a hug. The little dragon hugged her fur tightly as the magic stopped its humming.

The clouds soon became dark as thunderstorms rolled in. Ember looks up to feel a few drops of water hit her nose.

“Oh, the Pegasus never like to tell when they are gonna start the storm. Come you three I’m not gonna let you stay outside in the rain of course”.

And with that, the unicorn and three dragons walked inside the castle before the rain started. The door shut with everyone inside on the purple carpet of the castle.

Spike looked around for Twilight but to no avail. “Rarity where is Twilight?” Spike asks as Rarity nodded her head in the direction of the library.

“Oh you know reading more books”. She says as they walk with Ember and Torch right behind them.

Each door was still confusing at times. Rarity was just explaining how she may have accidentally walked in on Starlight and Trixie sleeping together once.

When she saw them and silently closed the door. The four laughed as they imagined Rarity's face as she closed the door.

Soon they finally found the door to the library. They see Twilight flying to each bookshelf.

“No, it’s not that one. All dragon species of Dragons? No. Each type of class of dragon?” some books fell from the sky as Twilight couldn’t find the right book. Twilight's face was fuming with tiny flames in her mane beginning to ignite. How could she forget to arrange the books last week?

Her mind brought up an image of her and rarity out to dinner that week. “Oh, right the date” Twilight still continued to toss books down. Unaware of the white unicorn and three dragons.

Torch hid under his father's wing as the sight of it warmed Embers heart.

“Twilight, Darling we have guests”. Her voices echo towards the roof where Twilight flew down as her feathers flapped.

Landing on the ground as still trying not to crash...again. She first received a peck on the cheek from Rarity right before Twilight hugged Spike.

“Spike it’s good to see you again,” Twilight said as she then went to hug Ember and then finally hugged Torch. After a few seconds, she released Torch as he climbed back on his father's back.

“Still likes to climb you huh, Just like when he was a baby,” Twilight says with a smile. Spike and Ember look around at the books that Twilight had thrown on the ground. They were mainly about Dragon legends.

But one book caught Spike's eye as the picture was his friend and mentor Spyro. He opened the book to see it was basically everything he told Twilight about himself. How he was a purple dragon of legend and was meant to bring balance to the world. Malefor was mentioned quite a bit as he told Twilight about the first purple dragon.

But there was no mention of Cynder. The more Spike read the only thing he found of Cynder was her old name. ‘The Terror Of The Skies’. There was something about an Ape named Gaul as he hunted Cynder after she was released of the corruption. It seems Spyro is making sure that ape can't find Cynder anymore.

But the final page mentioned something about a...darkness controlling a dragon?


“Spike?”

A voice called out for him. Spikes head jumped up from reading the book as Ember is looking at him. Her crimson eyes looked into Spikes eyes and soon enough he was lost in them. How they made her fierce even when she was gentle Dragoness. But whenever she got mad they burn brighter than a star.

Her rage was something to be feared to all other dragons. luckily Spike had never been on that side of her...yet.

“Spike, what were you reading?” Embers sweet voice brought him out of his state. Spike simply smiled and puts the book under a desk. “Oh, nothing just something caught my eye”.

Ember didn't believe him but she wished not to push it. “Alright, Twilight was calling for you. I left Torch with Twilight and Rarity to find you. This castle is so damn big”.

Spike smirked as his mind thought of a joke. “You know what else is big? MY---”

Embers claw just held his mouth shut. “Don’t. just don’t say it” Ember said as she let Spikes snout just as he gave a chuckle. Even though Spike has grown he will always act like a young dragon..at times.

“Am I starting doubt you in this relationship?” Ember says immediately catching Spikes attention. “Well uh, i...really hope not” Spikes weak smile. His gentle smile was enough Ember needed to know as she snickered.

“Oh, Spike you are too gullible. I would never doubt anything about us ever” Embers claws reach and held Spikes cheek within her palm. “Don't ever forget it”.


Ember and spike heard voices call for them in the kitchen. Embers tail taps Spikes noise as she begins to make her way to the door. Before Spike begins to move he looks back at the book under the desk.

“Darkness controlling a dragon?” this was something he would think about for another time. Now he must get into the kitchen before Torch makes a mess again.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Within the forest just outside of Warfang stood three dragons. The purple dragon with orange yellowish stomach and horns was Spyro. The legendary purple dragon and alongside him was his wife Cynder.

Behind the two dragons stood a little Dragoness name Amethyst. The daughter of Spyro and Cynder. Her scales were black as night. Her wings were a neon purple glow. Her belly was orange and her fire was full of corrupting darkness only harnessed by her and her alone.


The forest covered them from the moon as they were on arriving towards their campsite. The dragons decided to get away from any society for a while.

“Amethyst hurry up please”

Cynders voice carried as Amethyst ran towards her parents. She used her wings for a short flight to land on her fathers scaled back. Spyro and Cynder rubbed their heads together as they soon heard quite snores from Amethyst.

Spyro looked at Cynder as she had her head down. He could tell there was something eating her from the inside. He wrapped his wing around her sleek body as a way to comfort her.

“Something wrong?” Spyro asked with care. Cynder looked up at Spyro since he was slightly taller than her. “Do you think it's time Spyro?” that questioned Cynder ever since Amethyst egg was laid.

The time to tell their daughter was a touchy subject. One Cynder tried to not allow but with a few months of thinking. Perhaps it was time to tell their daughter who really were.

She has made up her mind. Her only fear was amethyst freaking about her mother's own past. Being corrupted with the Dark Aether ever her own free will was taken she make choices that will always haunt her dreams.

“maybe. I know how sensitive you are about the past, I just want to make sure you are okay with it.” A noise of a young dragon stretching caught the two off guard as they finished talking. The young dragon quickly went back to sleep as they just reached their campsite.

The fire still lit ablaze after they left as it glowed the entrance to a cave. Spyro leans down as the sleep Amethyst slid off his scales. Cynder caught the youngling with her head as she brought her in the cave.

“You coming to Spyro?” Cynder asks as she sees Spyro walking away. “Yeah, I'll be there soon. I'm just taking a little flight”. Spyros wings expand and fly off into the dark sky leaving Cynder to lay Amethyst to rest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been an hour ever since Spyro took his flight. The fire sparked as Cynder looked at her daughter sleeping within her wing.

Suddenly she heard explosions. They were far off but..were they getting closer. Cynder gently puts Amethyst away from the cave entrance and then she flies outside to see what's going on.

The forest was covered in flames. Trees were slowly turning to ashes and smoke covered the area. Whatever had done this was very powerful.

A scream echoed within. It was not far as Cynders wings carried her into the burning trees.

The fire crackled with each step Cynder took. Her scales were resistant to fire. They mainly tickled on her claws.

Reaching an opening to see what had caused the fire and...and...

“No”

A large purple dragon stood over another's body. The dragon had dark yellow horns and a growl that could make the first Dragon lord turn to shame.

“You always were weak Spyro. I offered you a choice to join me, but I see you are nothing but a disappointment of hope” the voice of the dragon was deep and menacing already.

The dragon used grabbed Spyros body and threw him into a tree. The impact of him hitting it cause a sharp branch to impale his body.

Spitting blood from his mouth Spyro tried to stand up. His legs were trembling as he had cuts everywhere on his body.

“You will never touch them as long as I live” the large dragon simply walked towards the weekend legend.

“Fool I already know where they are sleeping, I just need you out the way”

The voice was familiar. Like Cynder heard it over and over and over again. Suddenly she remembered.

She remembered who this dragon was.

Spyro saw Cynder as he pointed at her and yelled. “GO get out of here, get Amethyst somewhere safe”

The dragon turned his head and smiled. “Ah Cynder it is so nice to see you again, you come back to serve me”

No, it couldn't be. He was killed by Spyro.

Malefor lived. He was hunting for Cynder and her daughter. Cynder wasted no time and flew back into the sky. Malefor growled as he turned back to Spyro.

“Where were we? ah yes”

Malefor tail wiped Spyro off the edge of a cliff. He was too weak for his wings to flap as he fell. All that could be heard was a simple splash from the river down below. Malefor’s laughed filled the burning forest as he began to fly in the dark sky.

He sees Cynder flying out of a cave in the distance. There was a small purple glow within her claw. Malefor squints his eyes to see she has the daughter of Spyro.
Malefor charges a flame within his throat as he shoots it at Cynder.

Cynder turns her head to see a ball of fire heading straight for her claw. She drops down to take the hit that was aimed at Amethyst. The blast hit Cynders wing as she struggles to fly.

Malefor’s claws began to turn to ash backed away from chasing Cynder. His growl was fighting even to himself. “ I must figure out how to get this curse lifted”. With that Malefor flew the other way.

Towards the Dragon lands


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Ember and Spike decided to stay the night at the castle. Ember stayed up a bit longer than Spike and Torch. Torch silently slept on his fathers back as Ember walked past the two. Those two have been the greatest thing to happen in her life.

Knock.
Knock.
Knock.

Doors banged furiously. Embers head sprang up from looking at her son. The knocking came louder and louder with each hit.

“Now what pony would want help with a...what was it again?” Ember stomped towards the door as she swung the door open and yelled.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT?” her voice echo like it was the royal Canterlot voice. But she choked up at the sight of what was behind the door.

“Cynder?”

Cynders scales had flame marks all over. Her wings were no longer red but black with a ashes covering. She was breathing heavily and her heart pounded for rest. Her eyes were already telling a story to Ember.

Ember quickly kneeled down and hugged her sister tightly as Cynder just cried in her shoulder. “Cynder, what happened?”

Cynder only looked at the sleeping young dragon that was on the ground.

“He’s…..coming” Cynder could barely muster a word as her crying took all her breath away.

Ember held Cynders claw. “Whos coming?”

“Malefor”.

Author's Note:

Could this be the beginning of a sequel?.

you are damn right it is.

now I would like to thank Neo DG for the names of Amethyst and Torch. I wanted them to be unique and not just random names from a name generator. thank you once again for the support on this story. it means so much that some people actually like my story.
(epilogue may be crap. very sorry for that)
have a good day or a good night.

Comments ( 16 )

Seeequel, seeequel, seeequel!

Whoa.... Nice. I wonder how the sequel would play out? Either way, thanks for giving me the chance to name them and I'm glad that you will continue with this.

Sequel incoming

I was definitely not expecting that. Good work with the story. Not only did I enjoy it, but it all managed to surprise me. I love stories where Spike meets and interacts with Spyro, but this was made all the more better with the additions of Ember & Cynder. When I first found this story I had no idea that the spyro series was apart of it and I wont lie when I say, I was kind of fanboying when I first realized that Spyro was in it. And I had alot of fun reading the references to the Legend of Spyro series, the plot, the character interactions, the humor, the mental battle between light and dark, seeing Spike put Garble in his place, the happy ending of the 4th chapter, the heartwarming epilogue, the shocking and dread filled ending, and seeing two of my personal favorite dragon ships of all time being in the same story at the same time while each of the characters in said ships have their own unique and interesting interactions between each other. I am excited for the upcoming sequel and can't wait to read it.

Your friend, The KNIGHTS of HARMONY. :twilightsmile:

p.s. This story is going in my favorites list.:raritywink:

9167833
I think I’m gonna cry of joy. There are no words on how much that means to me. Thank you very much and I’m very glad you enjoyed it. I’m promise I will try my very best to go far and beyond with the sequel.

Knock it out of the park buddy.:rainbowdetermined2:

Comment posted by Grailm deleted Aug 15th, 2019

Not bad, a few grammar errors but a nice cliffhanger ending.

coughs

Ouch, that was a direct hit...

coughs more

... right into the feels.

Now seriously: As mentioned by others, there are a few grammar mistakes here and there. Other than that, I didn't expect so many heartbreaking moments in contrast with the nice ones. I enjoyed each and every part of this roller coaster! Even just seeing these specific characters interact.

WHY KILLED OFF SPRYO?!?!??!!?! And just off celebrating 20 years of Spyro.

Oooohhhh crud, Malefor of all Dragons?! How is he even alive?!! Above all nice chapter, awesome story.

9207169
Thank you for liking my story.

As for Malefor hehehehehe I’m working on two chapters for the Sequel and in one of them I will be explaining how Malefor is back.

Comment posted by Sanitizer deleted Aug 15th, 2019
Comment posted by Sanitizer deleted Aug 15th, 2019
Comment posted by DiabloPProcento deleted May 27th, 2020
Login or register to comment