• Published 20th Aug 2018
  • 5,052 Views, 59 Comments

Heartfire - TwiZone



An Ancient tradition for the dragons begins soon as Spike gains help from a legendary Purple dragon to help him train to hopefully impress Ember.

  • ...
17
 59
 5,052

Chapter 4

Author's Note:

I will be honest I don't know how I feel about this chapter.

one hand I think I did great

the other I think I could've done better.

but anyways I hope you enjoy this last chapter in Heartfire. it was an incredible time with all the support from everyone who took their time to read this story. I am grateful.
( i don't own MLP or the legend of Spyro characters)
(Grammer and Spelling may be crap, I'm sorry)

Today was the day. Heartfire has begun and all dragons were summoned to the dragon lands.
Their body's glowed brightly like a star in the night. Spyro and Spike were flying in the air side by side.

Spikes training was complete and he felt confident he would be able to ask Ember to be his mate. But there was still some doubt in his mind. “Maybe she would not want me. Just get a bigger dragon and just laugh in my face”.

Spikes mind already freaking out with endless possibilities about what could happen. They soon came up to the dragon lands. It was a barren wasteland. No grass or trees anywhere unlike Ponyville. Lava pools and volcanoes surrounding the meeting spot where Heartfire begins.

Millions of dragons can be seen coming from all lands to participate in Heartfire. Spike and Spyro land on a little ramp looking entrance towards the large crowd of dragons. It was like a rock concert that Rainbow Dash took Spike a few times to see Green Hay live.

Spyro looks at Spike and puts a claw on his shoulder. “Remember just be yourself towards Ember. you've known her for years, so try not too nervous about asking her” Spyro says with a smile on his snout.

“I hope so and Spyro I'm sorry about yesterday, I know what Cynder means to you. I should not have said what I said”. Spike apologized with his head on near the ground in shame.

“No, it’s me who should be apologizing. I was the one who threw you into the tree and allowed that thing to consume my judgment again” while walking towards the crowd of dragons they hear a little peep coming from a tree stump.

Spikes looks around as he sniffs the air just like how Spyro taught him when they went hunting. The smell was mixed with the aroma from new books and...perfume?. The sent was becoming stronger and stronger until he saw four eyes from inside the stump.

“Twilight, Rarity?”

The head of a purple Alicorn and a white unicorn popped up when their names were called. They both gave the cheapest smiles as they rubbed their head. “Oh uh hi Spike” Twilight says while her teeth remained together.

“Twilight I know what you're here for. But what is Rarity doing here?” Spike asked as Spyro walked closer towards Spikes side. “Well, Darling I'm here to cheer you on with falling in love with Ember” Spike rubs his claws on his scales.

“Oh is this the dragon that trained Spike?”. Twilight nodded. “Oh well, I’m sorry for not introducing myself like a proper lady. My name is Rarity, Rarity Belle”.

“Spyro” His Hess nodded as a smirk came to his face. “So you are the pony Spike had a crush on for a while before Ember huh?”

Rarity nodded while a blush came from Spikes' face. “Well, I may have dropped hints about my crush a few times” Rarity just looks at him blankly.

“You never hid it”

Spike lightly laughed. Okay, maybe he didn't hide his crush all that well. Spike needed to change the topics.


“I'm guessing Twilight told you about Heartfire huh?” Rarity nodded her head as Twilight uses her magic to flip through pages of a notebook. “Oh Spyro I've done some research and I never found a book on your dragon kind. Even in Celestia's library, there was nothing about you or your kind”.

Twilights notebook opened to many empty pages as her eyes got bigger. She was pleading for information. Spyro shrugged and began telling Twilight about his kind being born every Ten Generations and along with their abilities to harness, Fire, Ice, Electricity, Earth.

While Spyro was telling Twilight the information she wanted Spike looked towards the tower where Ember would be to ignite the Beginning of Heartfire. While there were many dragons almost covering the sky. He managed to see Ember on the balcony alongside a dragon with black scales and a red crimson belly. “That must be Cynder”. Spike wondered until he heard the ground crack.

Looking behind him was a sight that quickly made his blood boil.

Garble.

The red and tan like dragon quickly growled at the sight of Spike. Walking towards him with murder in his eyes. “Well well well if it isn't the pony lover Spike” Garble was towering of Spike just like when he was young. “You got no business here, this is where true dragons belong unlike you”

Garble kept saying while Twilight and Rarity hid. They wished they could do more but with the blood in Garbles eyes. They couldn't

“Back off Garble”. Spike said looking into the dragon's eyes. Garble was not gonna treat him like he uses too. “Ohh what a comeback, I'm so scared” Spikes blood was burning, wishing to kill Garble right where he stands.

“ and you” Garble turned around to face Spyro as his voiced growl like a dying creature. Garble tried to look intimidating but Spyro barley moved a muscle. “If it wasn't for you I would have already had Ember down on her knees by know”

After what Garble had just said there was something that sparked in Spike. All the rage Spike ever endured, all the beating he received from Garble when he first met him was just fuel.

Fuel to a burning rage that could make any dragon fear him.

Spyro only smiled at garble. “What? What are you smiling at” Spyro nodded towards Spike as Garble felt the force hit his stomach and forced him to drop.

Spike holds his arm out while holding a claw on Garbles throat. His claws pricked at the scales of Garble. Tiny drops of blood were trickling down his sleek neck. Spike could kill him at any moment. “Listen. You stay away from Ember, if I ever find you going near her or even say stuff like that again, I will not hesitate to hunt you down and end your life”.

His voice was like King Sombras but darker. Garble lifted his claws in the air as a surrender. “Okay okay, I won't” Garble struggled to say like the coward he was.

Garble flew away once he was free. Spike took a breath and saw Twilight and Rarity’s mouths open. Spyro simply nodded as he was proud of Spike being merciful. “I'm sorry you had to see that”

Spikes head was towards the ground as his two friends just saw one of the scariest things Spike has ever done. Before anyone could talk there was fire covering the sky as Embers tower glowed.

“I'm sorry but can't talk gotta go,” Spike said as he hurried towards the crowd of Dragons.
Spyro simply started walking as he began thinking of stuff to say for Cynder.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ember slammed the blood scepter on the ground causing a fire to cover the skies as a beacon. Dragons followed the light like Moths.

Cynder was right beside her friend. Hoping to see Spyro flying towards the group of dragons. Her cyan eyes catch the color of two purple dragons talking to ponies?.

But she was more focused on Spyro. Her smile never left until she heard Flame yelling for her.

“Cynder I bring a message to you”. This was odd. Cynder never gets any messages since no one really knows who she is.

Flames Armor was clanking around with each step. It was starting to annoy Cynder to death.

“What is it Flame?” Cynder asks while he catches his breath. “It’s from Ember”.

Ember turned around in confusion. “What? I sent nothing to Cynder, she’s like right here”. Ember says while still confused.

“No not you princess it’s just a different Ember, she’s just a normal pink dragon and…”. Flame stops his sentence before he continues as he will know some anger with come from Cynder.

“And?” Cynder and Ember day in unison. Sweat fell from Flames head. He really did not want to say what this other Ember said.

He gulps down spit in his throat and began to tell.

“This Ember said and I quote. ‘Back Off Cynder. Spyros mine and mine alone, your nothing compared to me and he will see who the greatest Dragoness will be with him’.

Flame covered himself with his wing as he saw fire burn away the blue in Cynders eyes. That dragon dared believe Spyro would choose her over Cynder?.

This other Ember sounded confident. She will give her that. She felt a claw on her.

“I’m sure there will be lots of dragons going after Spyro. But I know for a fact there is only one for him” Ember said with a wink as she walked toward the balcony.

“Flame you can leave now,” Cynder told as he bowed towards the Ember and left.

Her hands went into the air as she yelled for the dragons to stop talking.
“STOP TALKING!” There was nothing but crickets making sounds as they clicked.

Ember smiles at a job well done by her.

“Welcome to Heartfire. This event was created by Vera, The Loving One. As her name stated she wished all dragons to have their life mates. So their life’s we’re not a miserable later on before passing and meeting the God’s. So came the idea of Heartfire under the Eternal Night every 4 years.”

She lifted her blood scepter from the ground and the fire in the sky stops shining. “NOW GO FIND YOUR MATES”.

Ember turns around to face Cynder. “You think that was a good speech?”. Ember asks while rubbing the back of her head. She hated giving speeches.

“Ember that speech was not bad”. Cynder says offering a smile. Ember and Cynder hugged and a few seconds later let go.

“Now let’s go find those purple Drakes”. Ember said giving a wink.

——————————————————————--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowds. One of Spikes most hated things. All the pushing and shoving was annoying and just your unable to sometimes see who you're trying to find.

In Spikes case It was Ember.

Spyro was nowhere to be found. So Spike was all alone. Calling out the name of Ember many times but none were successful.

Many female dragons tried to get his attention but there was only one for him. Each turn was running into a different dragon, they pretty much wanted to fight but Spike backed out.

But finally, within the crowd, he found her. He found Ember as he made his way to her. Another dragon quickly ran towards her.

“Well hello, there I see nobody has come for you yet, and I’m surprised since your the dragon lord”. The dragon has black scales and green tips on his wings.

Ember tried backing away as the black dragon only kept following. “Oh, what’s wrong something in my teeth?”

“Hey back off”. Spike yelled as the black dragon slowly turned his head and smiles. “Finally a challenge.”

A giant circle formed around the two dragons as they got ready to fight. This was it. All of Spyros training was gonna be put to the test.

————————————————————--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Cynder was searching and searching for Spyro. Yet she had no idea how to find him. Her only unstick was to follow where her Heart desired. Maybe she was following that guide to truthfully.

Hearing there is a fight to begin she can only guess that this Spike Drake was there.

Within the body’s of dragons, she managed to see a glimpse of purple all the way in a corner. Her heart bested at the sight. Finally, she was gonna tell Spyro how she felt about him, how grateful she was to have him in her life.


The glimpse of purple got brighter as she soon sees a..pink thing near as well.

After the final dragon moved his body Cynder finally saw Spyro.

She could only stand in horror.

Along with a broken heart.

Spyro was currently making out with a pink and gold dragon. His eyes were open as they turned away from the pink dragons head and onto Cynder.

Tears formed around her eyes and she struggled to stand. Her legs threatened just collapse right then and there.

Spyro shoves the pink dragon off. “Ember get off of me. Cynder let me explain”. Spyro tried to say until Cynders claw lifted shutting Spyro up. Her head was staring at the ground as tears fell.

“You already did enough.” Cynder then ran from the two dragons as fast as she could. Holding her breath so she did not burst out in crying.

Spyro tried running after her until Ember grabbed his tail. “Come here she has no need for you”. Her smile was seductive but Spyro was not having any of it.

“Ember back off now”. Spyros growl was deep and almost sounded like Malefor’s. It was terrifying to Ember as she let go of his tail.

Spyro tried to follow Cynder with a great pain in his heart. How could he let his guard down once? He needed to find Cynder to fix this problem he accidentally created.


——————————————————————--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Spike was thrown against the rocky wall. The black dragons strength matched Spyros in a way.

Spike had cuts and claw marks in his scales. They were deep enough to draw blood as he was getting weaker.

“Is that-all-you got?” Spike taunted as he spits blood from his snout. The black dragon charged Spike.

Spike dodged the attack and used his tail to wrap it around the dragon's neck. He flew up and did a circle before slamming the black dragon in the ground.

His claws extended and began to cut the scales of the black dragon. Spike was lighting fast. The other dragon was unable to block in any way.

Spike blew a fireball towards the dragon and chased him to lose his balance. Spike lifted the dragon and struggled with its weight. Spike again slammed the dragon into the ground got knocked out.

Spike was victorious. Spike looked at Ember who was smiling. Maybe it was cause he won a match and is worthy of her.

Spike walked up toward Ember until his nervousness was coming back.

“Well done Spike. I’m glad I sent Spyro to train you.” Ember says as she placed her hand on Spike's cheek. Her head came closer towards his head. “But just between us...I would’ve picked you anyway”.

Spike was drawn back by that. “Wait why would you pick me I’m just a normal dragon”
Spike says as both of Embers claws hold his head up.

“Oh Spike always selling yourself so short. You are one of the reasons the dragons lands are changing, your noble and loyal, will fight tooth and limb for your friends. I will also admit your kinda cute when you act nervous”.

Spike blushed at all the compliments he gained from Ember. Suddenly she brought him in for a kiss.

It wasn’t just to get it over with. This kiss was passionate as Spike and Ember closed their eyes while they kissed.

Spike swore he could hear Rarity squealing for how adorable they look right now. Finally, they stopped kissing for some much-needed air.

They stared into each other’s eyes until a cough brought them back of reality. Spyro was watching the entire time. “Well that was something Spike I’m happy you have your mate now”

Spike smiles but looks at Ember as she is confused on one thing. “Where’s Cynder?” Spyros head went to the ground in shame.

“I-I did something that I should have prevented” Spyros voice was just below a whisper and amazingly Spike was able to hear him.

“What did you do?” Ember says with worry and anger in her voice. Spyro looked up at Ember.

“I-i got caught in a trap by Ember and she forced herself on me and...I was too late to stop it, I tried to push her off but then...Cynder saw”.

SMACK.

Spyro was tossed to the ground by Embers loud slap across his face. “How could you Spyro?. Cynder has just figured out her feelings for you just yesterday and this is how you treat her?. I don’t care if it was an accident you need to fix this before I get really angry.”. flames could be seen coming from Embers snout

Spyro got up still with head down. “Where can I find her. She ran off before I can explain”
Ember pointed towards the Tar Pits where most dragons who have..thoughts of dealing with issues go.

“Cynder please don’t think of anything rash or harmful to you,” Spyro said while running towards the pits.

——————————————————————-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Crying filled the caves of the Tar Pits. Lucky no one was around to see Cynder.

“How could he? With Ember saying he felt more to me and I believed it”. Cynder looked back at her foreclaw.

Her mind is beginning to wander in a dark area. Spyro was one of the reasons she didn't end herself after what Malefor has done.

He was the light in her darkness. Yet now there was no light anymore.

Just darkness.

She felt her claw skidding across her leg as it was slightly opening an old wound. blood trickling down the leg.

As she did what she tried to stop. There was a voice that use to make her heart flutter but now nothing could make it anymore.

“Cynder? Cynder where are you?” Spyro voice was full of worry for her. What could he care about?.

Cynder decides to become a shadow. Her shadow element causes her to disappear and hunt without anyone noticing her.

Her voice became echos. “What do you want Spyro? Shouldn’t you be with that pink Ember?” Even in the echos Spyro could tell she was hurt. He had himself to blame for that.

“Cynder let me explain what happened. It’s not what you think” Spyro tried to explain but every time he does Cynder goes quiet.

“Cynder. Ember jumped me at the time, I was looking for you until she cornered me I tried to tell her to leave, but she didn't. I didn't want to be a jackass, that was until she grabbed me and forced that kiss. And after that….you know the rest”.

Silence.

“Cynder I don’t care about Ember. She was consumed by her own greed for me that I didn't notice until the last second”.

Spyro stretches his claw out to feel ahead on his claw. Cynders body appeared out of the shadows as he held her.

“I only want you Cynder, no one will take me away from you ever again.”

Spyro struggles to say now the four words he needed to finish the sentence.

“I-I-love you Cynder”

Cynder kisses Spyro after his confession. It felt like heaven to Spyro. After all the fighting he endured in his life he finally feels at peace.

Cynders mouth slowly leaves as she nods towards the door. “We should get out of here, my sister Ember is probably wondering where we are”

"Wait your sisters? Spyro asks while Cynder giggles. "well we are not official sister but we treat each other as such

She says with a smile as their tails are wrapped along each others.

“, Oh, Spyro?” Spyros head looks toward Cynder as she gives one last peck on his cheek.

“ I love you too”.