• Published 2nd Sep 2018
  • 923 Views, 11 Comments

Power Ponies: Rise of the Loonatics - Titan Commander Sebaste



My name is Trot Summers, by day a teacher at MHS, at night, the leader of the Power Ponies. We were investigating a disturbance when... these beings appeared with strange powers. They call themselves the Loonatics, but why they're here... is unknown

  • ...
4
 11
 923

Prologue/Chapter 1: Disturbances and awakenings

BRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!

The dismissal bell’s announcement caused Trot to sigh in relief as the students in front of her began to put away their school belongings and prepare to go home. While she enjoyed spending time with her students, there was always the odd troublemaker that would make the day hell for her. Today was no exception. A loudmouth pegasus by the name of Steep Dive kept catcalling to an Earth pony named Sweet Strike, making crude remarks about her family. While she didn't show it, Sweet Strike was boiling over with anger and indignation.

Eventually, it got to the point where Trot strode over and yanked Steep Dive out of her seat before escorting the Pegasus to the principal's office.

As Trot closed her bag, her cell phone rang. The light pink unicorn glanced at the caller ID and raised an eyebrow. “Trot Summers, what's up?” she said.

“Not much, what, can't I chat with a friend?” a brisk voice replied, a teasing tone in her voice.

Trot rolled her eyes, recognizing the voice to be that of Maretropolis's top detective. “Marey, couldn't this have waited until after I got home?” she asked.

“Unfortunately, this is a little bit important. My department's been getting reports of weird sightings and we're not getting any closer to figuring them out.” This grabbed Trot’s attention.

“You think it might be Mane-iac or a new villain?” She asked, lowering her voice.

“Not Mane-iac, last I checked, she's still in prison with her goons. So it's possible it's someone new.” Marey replied. Trot frowned.

“Alright, pass the word to the others, meeting at my place tonight. We’re gonna find out what's going on, and if it's a new villain, take them down.” she said.

A voice shouting was heard on the other line. “Oops, gotta go. Boss wants us to get back to work.” Marey said. “I’ll let the others know, but you know how Mare-velous and Zapp can be. And Radiance… she's so full of herself, it's a wonder she even listens to what you say.”

Trot snickered at that. “Alright, I’ll see you later tonight.”

“Bye!” The line then cut off. Trot levitated the phone back into her purse before exiting the school. Her mind however was puzzling over what Marey said. ‘Let’s hope we can get to the bottom of this… because I have a feeling we’re gonna be over our heads with this mystery…



Trot Summer’s House, Downtown Maretropolis

“Marey, can you tell us what these sightings consisted of?” Trot asked. The members of the Power Ponies had convened at their leader’s house to learn more of what these sightings were about.

Marey, a light green mare with a light orange mane and tail and a magnifying glass with a lightning bolt behind it for a cutie mark nodded. “The reports don't really say much, other than seeing occasional flashes of light in some places and what appeared to be glowing eyes.”

Aurora, a white Pegasus with a indigo mane and tail along with a stormburst cutie mark scoffed. “Art thou certain they weren't lamps that failed or car headlights?” she asked in an Old Equish accent, raising an eyebrow.

“I’d have to agree with Aurora here, that isn't exactly the thing that would warrant our attention.”
A cream colored earth pony with a black mane and tail said. Her cutie mark consisted of a star and lasso. This was Mistress Mare-velous, or as she was known outside her costume, Mareia Star.

“That’s the thing, the reports mention the ponies who saw these flashes swore they saw a strange figure or figures before the flash ended.” Marey replied.

Green Gardener, a yellow unicorn with a indigo mane and tail frowned. Her cutie mark consisted of a single diamond. “Do you think it's a new villian? In league with Maneiac?” she asked.

Trot shook her head. “Marey said she’s still locked up. But we can't be too careful. They probably have their own motives.”

Spruce Springer, a grey pegasus with a light brown mane and tail gulped nervously. Her cutie mark consisted of a veterinarian needle over a biohazard symbol. “P-perhaps they're not from Maretropolis?”

The five other mares glanced at her with surprise in their eyes. “It’s possible…” Trot mused. “I’ve heard of other cities having their own heroes and villains. It's not uncommon for a villain to move to a new location…”

Just then, a young dark green earth pony colt with a brown mane and tail skidded into the room, nearly bumping into a nearby side table. This was Trot's adopted son and protege, Ray Summers. “Ray, what have I told you about running in the house?” Trot scolded.

“Sorry Mom, but have you checked the news lately?!” he panted. “There was some sort of incident near the outskirts. A weird flare up in an alley.”

Trot's eyes widened. “Thank for letting us know.” she said, putting a hoof on her son’s shoulder.
Ray grinned in response.

“Alright ponies, let's suit up and investigate.” the five mares nodded in response. Ray left for his room to put his own costume on, while the six mares raised their hooves and chanted “In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape our sight, let all who fear know our power, the Power Ponies’ might!” There was a flash of light and when it cleared, the heroes of Maretropolis stood where 6 normal mares had been.

Humdrum soon walked back into the room, completing the group. “Let’s go.” Matterhorn said.

Bursting out her front door, the Power Ponies soon began the trek to the outskirts of the city. “What’re we gonna do if we find whoever's making these disturbances?” Humdrum asked.

“I don't know… but if they prove to be hostile, we’ll put a stop to their antics.” Matterhorn replied.

Humdrum nodded, but his eyes showed he was worried about who or what they would encounter.


Maretropolis Outskirts, a few hours earlier...

A lone figure stood in a shadowy alley, watching ponies, gryphons, and the occasional Minotaur walk by his hiding place. His long ears twitched as something moved behind him. “How long do we plan on hiding? I'm getting bored of all this sneaking around!” A voice whispered to him. There was a distinct lisp as the owner of the voice spoke.

“We don't know where we are, and we can't exactly contact Zadavia to learn about this place. Where ever that portal dumped us, it cut us off from any contact to her.” the figure replied in a Manehatten accent.

“Great…” the voice muttered.

A second voice spoke up, this one female. “Ace, what if we can't get back home?”

The figure sighed. “I don't know, Lexi. But I’m sure Tech will find a way. In the meantime, let's keep low for now. Besides, I don't think these folks would really take too well to us.”

There was a muttered chorus of agreement, before the figure slipped into the shadows. A few seconds later, there was a flash of energy. When the flare ended, there was no sign of the figure. But his disappearance hadn't gone unnoticed as a nearby civilian had recorded the flash of light.


Unknown location, near the Crystal Empire...

Inside a hidden cave, something stirred. For over a thousand years, she had slept. The ponies had called her Ice-bringer, Storm-Maker, and many other names. But she had been know by a different name: Frost Striker, the Windigo Queen. An Alicorn with the power of the cold Arctic North, she had sought to rule over Equestria, to turn it into a barren frozen wasteland. It took the combined powers of both Faust and Nyx to defeat her, but at the cost of the northern half of the country becoming what it was in the present day.

As Frost Striker opened her bright blue eyes, the wind and snow began to pick up speed outside until a massive blizzard had formed. As the wind howled, the snow white Alicorn spread her wings and took to the skies, her dark blue mane and tail whipping in the high winds. A peal of laughter rang out from her before she turned her sights to the south. “Let’s see if Equestria is ready for their one true ruler… because ready or not, here I come!” she said before flapping her wings and heading towards her destination, the blizzard following in her wake as a massive wall of clouds and wind.

As she flew towards Equestria, a single thought burned in her mind: I will rule Equestria… and this time, Faust and Nyx won't stop me…

She soon blasted past the Crystal Empire, buffeting the magical shield protecting it as the blizzard enveloped the city. Inside the city, the current leader of the Empire, a pink Alicorn named Mia Amore shuddered as she heard the storm shriek outside the protection of the shield. She glanced down at the small form in her arms, her only daughter. “Faust protect us… The Storm-Maker has returned….” she whispered.

[br]
Unkown Island, off the coast of Equestria

A shadowy figure opened bright orange eyes and chuckled. “So my sister has awakened…” it said with a voice like crackling magma. A strange glow began to form around it as the ground began to soften and melt. “And so I shall join her… if they fear the chill, they shall also fear the scorching heat…”

The figure then stepped out into the sunlight to reveal a black alicorn, but unlike Frost Striker, her mane and tail were the orange of flames. As she looked up at the sky, both began to smoke before becoming infernos. Her body began to ooze molten rock that hissed and spat as it made contact with the wet rock.

This was Heat Breaker, Frost’s twin sister and an even deadlier threat. Her power was controlling intense heat, heat strong enough to turn a town or city into a burned out shell. As she spread out her wings, cinders began to fall out from her feathers. With a flap, she leapt into the air in a wave of incinerating heat, scorching the plant life nearby.

Igniting her horn, she then let out a massive plume of flame into the air that washed over the island, turning the peaceful paradise into a hell on earth. As the island burned, Heat Breaker turned towards the coastline. “Your retribution comes for you, Faust…” she hissed. “You and your sister shall pay for what you did to me and Frost Striker….” She soon began the long flight towards Canterlot, leaving a firey trail behind in her wake. The Islanders who had survived looked up as she flew past.

“May the Creators protect those on the mainland…” an elderly mare muttered.


In the year 2772, a meteor struck the city planet of Acmetropolis, knocking it off its axis. The shockwave from the strike embued a select few with supernatural powers while incapacitating others. These select few were the descendents of the original Loony Toons gang. Now, with their newfound powers, they protect Acmetropolis as the group of heroes known as the Loonatics….

But now a freak accident has sent them into a new world, a world that has its own heroes and villians…

Power Ponies: Rise of the Loonatics

Author's Note:

So this was quite a bit in the making, but I hope you enjoy this crossover!

As for who Heat Breaker is based on...

I think you can probably guess who.

Chapter two is already in the works, so stay tuned!