• Published 19th Aug 2018
  • 395 Views, 6 Comments

Slump - icewalker220



A Slice of Life/Comedy about the short-lived adventures of The Pony of shadows

  • ...
 6
 395

Slump

Slump.


The Pony of Shadows had been infected with a vile disease, a disease that plagues all of the ponies of Equis.

He was bored.

The cloaked pony could have been doing anything and everything this Sunday morning, but instead, here he lay, slouched on his soft cushiony couch; which he bought at a steal. At least that was what the sales clerk had told him.

In his brightly lit and very clean apartment, he sat in a daze, drifting through all the countless twenty TV channels that his overly priced network had shoved onto him.

“This is the best package sir, and it’s the most cost efficient too! Just look at all those twenty-something channels you’ll get when you upgrade to our mega-gold-platinum steal your wallet bundle!”

He should’ve never bought that stupid package. Instead he could’ve borrowed his neighbors old VCR, which had a ton of old tapes in a bin along with it. Oh, how foolish he was to not grab that utter steal of entertainment!

A loud roar came from a beast down below. A deep, harty growl that could only indicate one thing, and only one thing.

He leaped off the couch with the strength of a viking, if that viking had a sore toe and a slow metabolism.

The Pony of Shadows knew what he needed to brighten his day. What he oh so longed for on this boring afternoon. With grace of a drunken man in a stupor, he majestically flew over to the frozen ice chest, and picked of the fruit from golden vines. The very core of this item he had swept was enough to make a god fall to their knees.

The Pony of Shadows’ favorite drink in all of Equis, even the entire galaxy.

Apple juice.

This drink was no ordinary drink, no not even so. These batches of heavenly batter were only eighty-eight bits a pack, so he had to have gotten a steal, especially compared to those ugly one hundred bit gallons.

He plopped back down onto his sofa, excited for what was to come.

He had come across his channel many times, but never gave it any thought. That was until his old neighbor had pointed out some of the programs on the TV.

So he stared at the TV, all the while taking in that succulent apple juice. From a juice box, as that is how real stallions drink their juice.

He grew weary, no longer bored, but now exhausted, he drifted to his resting chambers, or as he would call it, ‘his bed’.

He lay there for hours, tossed and turned, drifting in and out of sleep, unable to think of anything to sate his boredom.

He finally fell asleep.


The cloaked pony woke up the next morning, restless and still very bored.

While clicking through the countless twenty channels on his TV, The Pony of Shadows had an idea.

He would go outside.

But what would he do? Now this was the real question. A real pickle if he’d say so himself. But he hates pickles. Now why would he call something a pickle, and he knew he hates them?

He shook his head rapidly to get the thought out of it.

He clambered out of his very clean, but dinky apartment. Outside the outskirts of Canterlot his house resides. Oh, all of the possibilities he could do! So many countless things to be done, or conquered. He was the, “Pony of Shadows”, after all.

But, only one obstacle was thrown in his way. What would he do outside?

He slumped down on his very clean lawn, outside of his dinky apartment, with good lighting and a endless supply of dwindling apple juice.

He lay on the grass, thinking of what to do.

Time passed. Minutes went by, hours, and days passed before he had come to a conclusion.

He decided to go back inside of his brightly lit and very very clean, but also dinky apartment, for he was tired. He was also smelly because he had been sitting on the ground for an entire week.

The Pony of Shadows tried to awkwardly climb into the upstairs window of his house, after having fallen a few times, went through the regular way.

He flew into the window multiple times before he had realized it was shut.

So he fired a flammable blast of flammable substance out his horn, and opened the window.

A few minutes passed, and the cloaked pony smelled something in the air… something burning.

He quickly rushed to the kitchen, where to his dismay he had found all of his amazingly delicious apple juice pouches on fire. He screamed, not knowing what to do.

So he left his home. Now an utter wreck of flames, he packed the one thing he couldn’t live without in a saddle bag wrapped around his back.

Which happened to be the flaming pack of apple juice.

His wings caught fire, and he fell to the ground. Stiff and unable to move, he swiftly got up, and flew into the sunset.

Not knowing of where we would end up, or how he would get his home back, The Pony of Sad Shadows had fallen asleep mid flight, and again, fell to the ground.

But this time, before he could have fallen, a blue pony had caught him in their hooves.

He jumped out of their hooves, not needing any help, for he was the Pony of Shadows.

The blue pony didn’t try to save him now. They knew what was to come.

The cloaked pony had fallen into another nearby hovel, in which he kicked out the previous owners in the trash outside.

About 2 hours had past, and the Pony of Shadows was finally content, and not bored.

Although, his new house wasn’t as bright, or very clean as his old apartment was, at least there wasn’t any fire.

Something had been flown through the window at him. Something squishy and very flammable.

It was his pack of apple juice. That was on fire.

He screamed, and in a panic, accidently poured oil all over the juice. The entire house caught fire.

That was when Twilight and her entourage came in, and blasted the Pony of Shadows to Tartarus.

The day was saved, and there would be no more havoc wreaked upon other ponies’ houses due to spontaneous combustion of apple juice pouches.

That was until Equestria was shot into flames because of an over abundance of apple juice pouches that had caught fire… spontaneously.


The end.

Comments ( 6 )

Believe it or not, this has given me a legitimately deep inspiration for a cerebral and emotional fic.

This one's just balls-out wacky, though, and thank you for it. :derpytongue2:

This is... about the same quality as the episode, actually.

Explains things as clearly too.

The PoS really was a POS. :rainbowlaugh:

Least threatening, least interesting villain of the entire show. (Sombra growl-cheers as he gets bumped up a notch)

Thanks :P for the kind words. I'll keep writing then! :pinkiehappy:

Pretty good! Not a bad little slice of respite from heavy reading.

Welcome to the site, by the way!

Comment posted by icewalker220 deleted Jan 13th, 2019

9120907

Least threatening, least interesting villain of the entire show.

At least he had an excellent disign.

Login or register to comment