• Published 16th Aug 2018
  • 18,022 Views, 568 Comments

Exile - Nighlocktheawesome00



Twilight, feeling betrayed, joins the Storm King to get revenge on her former friends.

  • ...
45
 568
 18,022

Chapter 2: Battle and Questions

Back at Klugetown

Twilight woke up from her bed again. The sounds of explosions and battle had stopped. She got up and walked out of the tent.

She walked to where she saw a pony speaking to the large crowd. Among them was indeed a shark mutant, and he appeared to be the opposing leader.

"Ya expect ta serve y'a?" he shouted. "One a these days, someone's gonna put ya Storm Blokes down!"

"Maybe, but clearly that day isn't today," the pony said. "But if you know what's best for your comrades, you'll surrender now."

The shark mutant growled but stood down. The badger that was standing next to the pony turned around to go get something to eat when he froze as he saw Twilight. He reached his hand out to the pony to tap her.

"Hey, Tempetht," he said.

"Yes, Grubber?" the pony, named Tempest, asked without looking at him.

"Remember that pony that we found?" the badger, named Grubber, asked.

"What about her?" Tempest asked.

Grubber pointed at Twilight. Tempest turned her head, and what Twilight saw was shocking.

Tempest was a Unicorn but her horn appeared to have been broken off. She had a scar on her face.

"Well, at least we won't have to walk very far to question her," Tempest murmured to herself.


Back at Canterlot.

The CMC were running like hell for their lives. Changelings were chasing after them relentlessly.

"Hayouah!" Ash shouted as unleashed a flame burst on the Changelings. "Hayouah!"

The Changelings were burnt alive. Their charred corpses fell to the ground.

"You kids alright?" he asked.

The trio nodded in confirmation.

"Ash, Ash, Ash," Bao said.

"What is it, B?" Ash sighed.

"That's not how the battle cry goes," Bao replied.

"Here we go again," Ash said annoyed.

"It's like this," Bao finished.

He then raised his axes and charged at some nearby Changelings.

"Aloulouloulou!" he shouted, cutting down the Changelings.

Ash rolled his eyes annoyance. The duo had been having this debate for years now.

"Are you two always like this?" Engelina asked.

"Yes," came Ash's reply.

The duo then saw the Mane 5 running out of the chapel, heading for the castle. Ash and Engelina nodded at each other. Their new goal was to make sure the Element Bearers got there.


Meanwhile, back at Klugetown, Twilight was sitting opposite of Tempest. Her partner, Grubber, was apparently the bad cop, which Twilight thought would go to Tempest due to her having a stoic expression on her face.

"Alright, Mth. Pony, if that ith your real name-?" Grubber said.

"Grubber, I thought we agreed you were the good cop, and I was the bad cop," Tempest said, face-hoofing.

"Had my fingerth crothed," Grubber replied. "Bethideth, it'th my turn to be the bad cop."

Tempest rolled her eyes.

"Ms. Pony is not my name," Twilight said. "It's Twilight Sparkle."

"Ok, I got her real name now," Grubber said. "You be the bad cop again."

Tempest banged her head on the table in annoyance while Twilight groaned.

"Is he alright?" Twilight asked. "Do I need to call someone?"

"I ask myself that question everyday," Tempest replied.

Both smiled at each other. Tempest was already beginning to like this one.

"Now that we know your name, what's a pony, who's obviously from Equestria, like yourself doing all the way out here?" Tempest asked.

"Do you want the long version or short version?" Twilight asked.

"Long version," Tempest replied. "For two reasons actually. 1. You're probably going to be here for a while. And 2. I want every detail."

"Then you may wanna get some coffee," Twilight said. "This is gonna take while."


Back in Canterlot.

The Mane 5 continued heading towards the castle. Ash and Bao got in front of them, acting as a shield for them, followed by three Changelings.

"I'm guessing you're all getting some kind of weapon to make this much easier?" Ash asked.

"No, the Princess wants us to get the Elements," Rainbow replied.

"She's in the first stage of grief," Bao said. "She can't accept that her top student has gone missing."

"Really?!" Applejack replied. "Ya don't think we didn't notice?!"

"Without her, the Elements have no power!" Ash reminded. "You have no power!"

"We gotta try!" Rainbow replied.

"Does she even hear herself when she talks?" Engelina asked.

"No, no she doesn't," Ash replied. "From what I've heard, she never uses her brain."

Rainbow stopped and glared at them.

"Your insults aren't helping here!" she said. "Do you wanna contribute, or no?"

"Hey, I'm not the one going after a lost cause," Ash said. "I'm not the one who abandoned Twilight in her hour of need. I'm not the one who chose a wedding over her. That was you five and my mother. And her brother. And her son/brother."

"How do you even know about that?!" Pinkie asked. "Are you psychic?"

"Twilight isn't with you five," Ash replied, listing the clues. "My cousin was in the caverns. The Queen of the Changelings took her place. That's how I know what happened."

The girls were so deep in thought, they failed to notice the Changelings that had surrounded them. Ash, Bao, Engelina, Thorax, and Pharynx prepared to fight, but a Changeling Commander approached.

"Drop your weapons!" he ordered.

Ash, Bao, and Engelina all sheathed their weapons, while Bao and Engelina removed their helmets. The trio puts their hooves/paws in the air, the 5 ponies and other two Changelings following suit.

"Congratulations, Engelina, my love, and Thorax and Pharynx," the commander said. "You three are traitors now."

Engelina glared at him.


Back in Klugetown.

"And that's basically everything that happened," Twilight finished.

"So let me get this straight," Tempest said, massaging her forehead in rage. "The bride-to-be of your older brother happened to also be your old foal sitter, so therefore you knew her very personally, but when you see her, she talks rudely to your friends, but later that night, you see what you suspect might be her putting a spell on your brother, and the next day at the wedding rehearsal, you burst in and announce your accusation, but your brother actually fights with for the first time and bans you from coming to his wedding, abandoning you there alongside your friends, younger brother/son (whatever the hell that's about), and mentor/mother figure? Did I get that right?"

"I suppose you could say that would be the short version," Twilight confirmed.

"And here, Tempetht, I thought your backstory was tragic," Grubber said.

Tempest ignored him and motioned for Grubber to take Twilight outside.

"What is she gonna do?" Twilight asked as Grubber closed the door.

"Tear the room apart," Grubber replied. "Meaning we're gonna need a new interrogathion room. That'th the fifth one we've bought."

As if to confirm this, sounds of destruction were heard behind the door. Twilight flinched while Grubber occasionally checked his watch.


Back in Canterlot, the Mane 5, Ash, Bao, Engelina, Thorax, and Pharynx were escorted back to Chryaalis. Above them, Celestia was in some kind of cocoon, while Cadence was still stuck to the floor.

"Engelina, I expected betrayal to come from Thorax and Pharynx, but you, my daughter?" Chrysalis said. "Never take sides against the family! Did that lesson mean nothing to you?!"

"I am a Wielder of the Element of Energy, mother," Engelina replied. "I was born to protect the world, not conquer it."

"You are just like these ponies," Chrysalis replied. "At the first sign of trouble, you would betray your loved ones, just as they did with Twilight Sparkle."

"What is she talking about?" Cadence demanded, but the Mane 5 remained silent.

"Hmm, might as well release Shining Armor from my spell so he can hear this," Chrysalis decided.

Doing just that, she released Shining Armor from her spell.

"Huh? What?" Shining Armor asked. "Is the wedding over?"

"It is, beloved!" Chrysalis taunted. "Even if my daughter and her fellow traitors defeat me, I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I still win!"

"What?" Shining Armor asked

"You see Cadence, before you escaped, I turned those you call family against Twilight Sparkle," Chrysalis explained to Cadence. "She was already onto me, and was figuring out something was wrong, and burst through the doors to expose me. It's funny how a few crocodile tears can fool you ponies, because after I ran out of the room, they immediately turned on her. I admit, I was tempted to send her to the caverns with you, but that would've allowed you to escape without your cousin and his comrade. Of course, the last time any pony saw Twilight, she teleported away from Canterlot. Now I am not saying this is possible, but she might or might not be back in Ponyville. Depending on her emotional state."

Cadence stood in silence. Chrysalis inwardly laughed as she saw Cadence's eyes twitch in anger and could she was already winning. She may not have cared much for movies, but she admitted that Heath Bar's portrayal of the Jackal had great advice for schemers - if it's possible you might fail, always have an Ace in the Hole. She had personally attended his funeral, but she never admitted to her husband, who was also there, not even when he died that she had actually cried at his funeral.

Author's Note:

So that's that. What did y'all think of that little reference to the Late Great Heath Ledger, and how Chrysalis actually cried at his funeral?