• Published 16th Aug 2018
  • 272 Views, 2 Comments

Sunset Shimmer: Her Life in Equestria - wildfirewolf123



Have you ever wondered what Sunset Shimmer's life was life before we meet her for the first time in Equestria Girls? Well, here is your answer.

  • ...
 2
 272

Clones and Cutie Marks

Sunset had kept her promise to herself and had been practicing magic for quite a while. She had mastered the teleportation spell and had moved on to spells that most unicorns her age could not perform successfully such as teleportation with both herself and objects, conjuration, and even growth manipulation when the barber pony had accidentally cut of more of her mane than he was supposed to. She had expected to get her cutie mark in magic, but every time she completed a magical task, the outcome was the same: a bare yellow orange flank with no signs of a cutie mark.

Sunset Shimmer was a quick learner and when you mix a young filly, magic, and determination it can sometimes end up badly but in Sunset Shimmer's early life, that was clearly not the case. Sunset Shimmer was a very talented young unicorn who was determined to excel at magic, but that was not really possible in a tiny cottage that was in a tiny village in an almost forgotten corner of Equestria.

She believed that she was almost ready to apply to become a student at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. Almost. Sunset Shimmer still thought that she needed to perform a spell that was much more difficult that she was used to. She was not yet sure what difficult spell it was that she wanted to perform. After a few days of searching through a book called Advanced Spells for Gifted Unicorns she finally chose the spell. The clone spell.

The young filly had never attempted a spell that required speaking. What if I forget the words? What if I say the words wrong? What if I say them backwards... or even in the wrong order? What if I make all of Sire's Hollow turn to dust? Sunset Shimmer was intensely worried now. What if she cloned the whole of Sire's Hollow? Sunset shook her head to clear it of the horrible thoughts of not doing the spell properly. You can do this Sunset. She took a deep breath and exhaled, trying to clear her airway so that she could say the words to the spell clearly and loudly.

Sunset Shimmer glanced at the spell for one last time, scanning over the spell's dialogue, making sure to have every single letter of each word memorized; she made sure that she knew where every single one of the commas and periods were. When Sunset Shimmer was absolutely certain that she had every character of the spell memorized, she drew herself up and spoke the words loud and well. "Let Sunset Shimmer be where she wants. Not in one place, but two at once." Nothing happened so Sunset repeated the spell. "Let Sunset Shimmer be where she wants. Not in one place, but two at once. Let Sunset Shimmer be where she wants. Not in one place, but two at once. Let Sunset Shimmer be where she wants. Not in one place, but two at once!" Chanting the spell multiple times must have helped Sunset Shimmer because an shimmering aquamarine magical aura surrounded her whole body, lifting the small, young filly off of the ground. Sunset Shimmer looked out the window at the sun setting over Sire's Hollow, casting red and orange rays of dusk light onto the small Equestrian town. The image calmed her until the whole world went black.

Sunset Shimmer must have fainted due to the power of the spell, because after performing it she had thumped to the ground, unconscious. At last she was finally coming to, her cyan eyes fluttering open slowly. Sunset Shimmer rubbed her head. There was a large bump on her forehead where she must have hit her head on the floor when she fell. An orange yellow hoof had been extended toward her to help her up.

Sunset Shimmer looked up, expecting to see her father who must have heard her head bang on the floor when she fell and rushed up to help her, but instead she saw a juvenile female unicorn pony with yellow orange fur and a mane that consisted of strands golden and crimson hair. The pony had brilliant opal eyes, much like hers.

Sunset took the pony's hoof willingly, still rubbing her head. Sunset blinked and looked at the strange pony again. This filly seemed oddly familiar for some reason that Sunset Shimmer couldn't quite put her hoof on. Sunset Shimmer trotted to the mirror that was in the hallway and looked at the large bump on her head. Whilst examining the bump on her forehead, the mysterious pony had crept up behind Sunset Shimmer, her face showing in the mirror beside Sunset's. Sunset Shimmer's eyes widened with realization.

The mysterious pony was none other that a clone of Sunset Shimmer herself! Sunset looked at her clone. The filly looked exactly like her, except for one small difference; the clone, for some reason, had a shimmering red and yellow sun, that was not unlike Celestia's, on her flank. Sunset Shimmer's eyes widened even more as she realized what this meant. Sunset Shimmer cautiously glanced down at her flank, half expecting not to see anything there except her yellow orange fur. There it was, her very own cutie mark! She hopped around with glee and her clone did the same. Sunset was overcome with happiness. She had successfully performed her most difficult spell so far and had gotten her cutie mark out of it! This had to be the best day in her short life. She couldn't wait for what was to come in the future.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed the second chapter. More to come soon!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment