• Published 28th Sep 2018
  • 557 Views, 3 Comments

In Between - LateToTheParty

  • ...
1
 3
 557

What Do You See? (Starlight/Trixie)

She was front row, center seat. It was always front row, center seat.

Make no mistake, she didn’t think the magic shows were good. They were obvious and amateurish. No formal training. She’d orchestrated from careful observation and even by generous standards, Trixie Lulamoon was not very observant at all. Starlight Glimmer was not a fan, not at all, but she came back, all the same.

Front row, center seat. The first to come and the first to leave, sneaking behind heavy crimson curtains to spy on the real magic.

Trixie runs off the stage, to the greenroom. She huffs in frustration, tears bubbling in the corners of her eyes. Her purple cape, again, littered with scraps of food and drink, thrown at her distastefully. She paces and screams, kicks and throws. She sits and sniffles. Then she lifts her head and walks. She practices and mutters. She thinks, rethinks, and thinks some more.

“Come one, come all! Witness the GREAAAAAT AND POWERFUL TRRRRRRIXIE!”

She smirks and she falls. She cries and she leaves.

The next week, she’s back and Starlight is there, front row, center seat. Always front row, center seat. Always, until the food is replaced by flowers and the jeers turn to applause. She’ll be there.

Front row, center seat.

Comments ( 1 )

At times poetic, at times a touch overwrought. Still, you paint some wonderfully vivid images. Thank you for the collection.

Login or register to comment